Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor (16001 Views)

Seven Ways To Eliminate Body Odor / Home Remedies To Eliminate Body Odor / Why Do Men Smell Down There? How To Eliminate The Odor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 10, 2017
1. Take showers regularly.

As mentioned above, taking a shower can help to get rid of body odor quickly. Making sure to shower each day can help to keep you feeling cleaning and fresh while you do your daily activities.

When you shower:

*.Make sure to use an exfoliant a couple of times a week. This can help to wash away grime, dead skin, and bacteria, all of which can play a part in creating body odor. You can purchase exfoliants at your local pharmacy, or you can make your own natural exfoliants.

2. Keep your skin dry.

Bacteria like an environment with lots of moisture, food to eat, warmth, and the proper levels of pH and sodium concentration, all of which can be found in folds of moist skin. Because of this, it is important to dry off your skin whenever it becomes moist, whether the moisture is from taking a shower or sweating.

*.Use a towel or oil blotting papers to wipe off sweat and other moisture.
*.After a shower, consider applying powder to areas like your armpit in order to combat moisture.

3. Shave your underarms regularly.

This can apply to both men and women, though women more commonly shave their armpits. Getting rid of the hair in your armpits can help to reduce the amount of body odor you have because hair absorbs odors easily; if you have less hair, there will be less chance that the body odor is absorbed.

4. Wear breathable fabrics.

There are certain synthetic materials that don't breathe very well unless they've been specifically designed for that purpose (like polyester blends).
If you're really worried about body odor wear fabrics like cotton, wool, or silk as they soak up moisture and have better breathe-ability, which means you will most likely sweat less and create less body odor.
*.You can also wear a cotton or silk undershirt under your clothing to soak up your sweat and body moisture so that your body odor does not soak into your outer layers of clothing.

5. Wash your clothes regularly.

As mentioned above, body odor can seep into your clothing. If you sweat heavily in a shirt and allow the shirt to dry without washing it, there is a very good chance that that shirt will smell bad the next day.
Try to wash your clothes every time you sweat in them to keep them, and yourself, smelling fresh.

http://afolabibayor..com/2017/03/practicing-good-hygiene-to-eliminate.html?spref=tw

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by Fairgodwin(m): 10:52am On Mar 10, 2017
I gladly practice all of these. No wonder they call me Mr. Clean.
But I have one problem though and that is, keeping my skin dry because I have what they call 'oily face'

I really need help with keeping my face dry all the time.

4 Likes

Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by TINALETC3(f): 10:52am On Mar 10, 2017
Nice one, A frnd of mine has dis body odour bt I don't even have d courage to tell her, sometimes, she tells me Dat pple sed she smells, den she wl ask me if it tru bt, no b 4 my mouth she go hear am

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by olaezebala: 10:52am On Mar 10, 2017
buy lot of hausa or baygon perfume and trust me, no body odour again for life.

2 Likes

Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by olaolulazio(m): 10:52am On Mar 10, 2017
Don't share hug with people with body odor...

Don't join the bus with people with odor even when u late to work...

Get your own car or rent one.

Don't eat spoilt food.

1 Like

Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by ShitHead(m): 10:52am On Mar 10, 2017
Use Hausa perform regularly...
Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by slimkiss(m): 10:52am On Mar 10, 2017
Ok
Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by obembet(f): 10:53am On Mar 10, 2017
slimkiss:
Ok

Its The only Nairaland you comment before u read...

Why?

1 Like

Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by Ola2004: 10:53am On Mar 10, 2017
Whenever I shave my armpit hair. This always happens to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLs05AHGJeo

1 Like

Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by obembet(f): 10:53am On Mar 10, 2017
Its The only Nairaland you comment before u read...

Why?
Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by imitateMe(m): 10:53am On Mar 10, 2017
,.OK
Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by Anazp: 10:53am On Mar 10, 2017
hi
Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by MrGreenMavro: 10:54am On Mar 10, 2017
grin

Wash ur boxers and undies immediately after s.ex

also wash the used con.doms regularly after s.ex

1 Like

Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by FreshShavedBalls(m): 10:54am On Mar 10, 2017
Debayor:

3. Shave your underarms regularly.

This can apply to both men and women, though women more commonly shave their armpits. Getting rid of the hair in your armpits can help to reduce the amount of body odor you have because hair absorbs odors easily; if you have less hair, there will be less chance that the body odor is absorbed.

I have found that shaving your armpits actually cause you to sweat more and thus more smell. The hair acts as a lubricant to reduce the friction there and thus the smell. What i do is to shave moderately and use a roll on.

1 Like

Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by mailingdgreat: 10:54am On Mar 10, 2017
Fairgodwin:
I gladly practice all of these. No wonder they call me Mr. Clean.
For ur mind ba?

1 Like

Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by femi4: 10:54am On Mar 10, 2017
Avoid galic
Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by martineverest(m): 10:56am On Mar 10, 2017
number 3 and 5 are lagosian biggest problems when it comes to body odour

drinking alot of water and taking fruits or vegetable also help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by Fairgodwin(m): 10:56am On Mar 10, 2017
mailingdgreat:
For ur mind ba?

No jokes brother.

1 Like

Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by Ogashub(m): 10:57am On Mar 10, 2017
Some people really smell bad
Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by Fairgodwin(m): 10:57am On Mar 10, 2017
TINALETC3:
Nice one, A frnd of mine has dis body odour bt I don't even have d courage to tell her, sometimes, she tells me Dat pple sed she smells, den she wl ask me if it tru bt, no b 4 my mouth she go hear am

Be a true friend and tell her the truth.
I remember subtly and 'diplomatically' telling one acquaintance in my area who has halitosis, "bros, it is very good to brush twice daily and try to change your toothbrush at least every six months and use good toothpaste like Oral B and Sensodyn." He got the message and he did accordingly. Though it (the halitosis) has not completely gone away but at least the mouth odor done reduce.

6 Likes

Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by wizzlyd(m): 10:58am On Mar 10, 2017
grin
Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by AgbenuAnna(f): 10:59am On Mar 10, 2017
Do not use bleaching creams
Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by malakiS: 10:59am On Mar 10, 2017
wish my room mate could see this
Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by terry727: 11:00am On Mar 10, 2017
this is a very helpful post
Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by TINALETC3(f): 11:00am On Mar 10, 2017
cheesy d truth is she wl nt even Bliv, in fact, we go fight if I try am, I don't want trouble
Fairgodwin:

Be a true friend and tell her the truth.
Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by iamdurent(m): 11:00am On Mar 10, 2017
Use deodorant before leaving ur house. Pls very important. Some people can ooze. Lawd àv mercy
Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by Profitsng(m): 11:01am On Mar 10, 2017
Really Useful.
Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by HaneefahRN(f): 11:01am On Mar 10, 2017
TINALETC3:

Why not tell her the truth?
It makes it even easier for you to say ,advise her and devise means to combat the problem with her since she has been told from outside what a good friend could have carefully told her in a sisterly manner.

1 Like

Re: Practicing Good Hygiene To Eliminate Body Odor by Nogodye(m): 11:04am On Mar 10, 2017
TINALETC3:

Try to be a good friend now! If you don't tell her, who will?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Release Quickly / Help, I Feel Sick After Taking A Drink / First Aid Home Remedies For Minor Burns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.