Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists (6793 Views)

Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? / Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
author=ScepticalPyrrho post=54455357]Alright.

I'll say WE DONT KNOW.

You, I, and every person don't know anything about any God. Not a even a pinch bit.

Nothing!
[/quote]

And here you are tying a noose around your neck.

With one mouth you say God does not exist and in the same breath you say nobody knows anything about God...Not even a pinch.... grin grin

I hope you realise that your comment actually means thus.....There is a God but nobody really knows who He is or anything about Him......

You cannot say nobody knows anything about God IF He first did not exist...So what then is worth knowing over a presumed nonexistent being (to you)

Pitiful!
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 2:42pm On Mar 10, 2017
4everGod:
author=ScepticalPyrrho post=54455357]Alright.

I'll say WE DONT KNOW.

And here you are tying a noose around your neck.

With one mouth you say God does not exist and in the same breath you say nobody knows anything about God...Not even a pinch.... grin grin

I hope you realise that your comment actually means thus.....There is a God but nobody really knows who He is or anything about Him......

You cannot say nobody knows anything about God IF He first did not exist...So what then is worth knowing over a presumed nonexistent being (to you)

Pitiful!
What do you know?

Read my question properly. I'm not asking you what you believe.

I never said God does not exist. I don't think you are paying attention.

I don't believe that God or gods exist.

Can you tell the difference?
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Richirich713: 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

Aside from all the numerous threads that has failed to prove God's existence, or the inability to present a coherent argument to show how there is necessarily creator and how it so happens to be Allah or Yahweh by theists....

That doesn't explain how u know other people don't know, that just explains how u reached ur conclusion that u don't know.

ScepticalPyrrho:
The word "know" or knowledge indicates acquaintance, contact, being real, fact, perceptible, certainty etc.

No one has ever any justification to claim to KNOW God.

People who claim to know God are over stepping.

You can only claim claim believe, because there there are no evidences to backup such wild claims.

It's unbelieving that u saying that others are over stepping it when they claim to know something about God , yet you not overstepping it when u claim to know that there's no evidence for God's existence and that u know that nobody knows anything about God - You actually have to be some sort of God to know all these things. It seems better to say you believe these things instead of saying u know them.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 10, 2017
Richirich713:

That doesn't explain how u know other people don't know, that just explains how u reached ur conclusion that u don't know.

It's unbelieving that u saying that others are over stepping it when they claim to know something about God , yet you not overstepping it when u claim to know that there's no evidence for God's existence and that u know that nobody knows anything about God - You actually have to be some sort of God to know all these things. It seems better to say you believe these things instead of saying u know them.

You just told him the story of his atheistic life but i am sure he would still not believe your words.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 10, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
What do you know?

Read my question properly. I'm not asking you what you believe.

I never said God does not exist. I don't think you are paying attention.

I don't believe that God or gods exist.

Can you tell the difference?

In a nutshell... YOU KNOW NOTHING! Stick to that and quit trying to make your lack of knowledge all inclusive.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:06pm On Mar 10, 2017
4everGod:

In a nutshell... YOU KNOW NOTHING! Stick to that and quit trying to make your lack of knowledge all inclusive.
I'm sure you don't have any knowledge of a god.

Prove me wrong.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:07pm On Mar 10, 2017
Richirich713:

Do you know any god?
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 10, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I'm sure you don't have any knowledge of a god.

Prove me wrong.

You keep repeating "prove me wrong" like its something someone owes you. You obviously did not need my help disproving God to you when you arrived at the "God or gods do not exist" position so why would you need my help to prove God to you? You are doing well all by yourself cheesy cheesy
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:45pm On Mar 10, 2017
4everGod:

You keep repeating "prove me wrong" like its something someone owes you. You obviously did not need my help disproving God to you when you arrived at the "God or gods do not exist" position so why would you need my help to prove God to you? You are doing well all by yourself cheesy cheesy
Smh.

We are back to where I started.

The greatest hypocrisy is expecting someone else to prove that what you've dedicated all your time and money to worship exists.

It's safe to say there is no God until someone with the knowledge of a god comes along.

You've all displayed how insincere and hypocritical theist can be.

Thank you.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Smh.

We are back to where I started.

You have always been there. I just took a world tour and still met you at the same spot you have been rooted in.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:54pm On Mar 10, 2017
4everGod:

You have always been there. I just took a world tour and still met you at the same spot you have been rooted in.
I'm done with you for today.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 10, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I'm done with you for today.

You never even started! grin grin
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2017
4everGod:

This is the same empty and boastful comments i've been receiving from you.

Simple question. You can't provide a positive answer.

Do you know any god(s)?

Is it so shameful to admit that we know nothing about gods?

This is pure hypocrisy.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
This is the same empty and boastful comments i've been receiving from you.

Simple question. You can't provide a positive answer.

Do you know any god(s)?

Is it so shameful to admit that we know nothing about gods?

This is pure hypocrisy.

Do i owe you an answer? You are the one who said God or gods do not exist you should be asking me questions along the lines of your disbelief and not my belief. Questions like "I know God or gods do not exist so 4everGod why is it that i still talk about and still ask questions about the nonexistent since that is what it is...nonexistent?"

Think smart little atheist! wink wink Clearly you aint.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
4everGod:

Do i owe you an answer? [s]You are the one who said God or gods do not exist you should be asking me questions along the lines of your disbelief and not my belief. Questions like "I know God or gods do not exist so 4everGod why is it that i still talk about and still ask questions about the nonexistent since that is what it is...nonexistent?"

Think smart little atheist! wink wink Clearly you aint.[/s]
You don't owe me an answer.
smiley
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
You don't owe me an answer.
smiley

Yep i dont. I do however owe you advice which i clearly gave you in the comment you struck out under the assumption that i was actually offering you an answer on certain lines when all i did was offer you good advice. Indeed atheists neither reason deep nor well.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 5:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
4everGod:

Yep i dont. I do however owe you advice which i clearly gave you in the comment you struck out under the assumption that i was actually offering you an answer on certain lines when all i did was offer you good advice. Indeed atheists neither reason deep nor well.
Take this as an advice. Do not tell any person you know god.

Just say you believe. No one can argue against that.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Take this as an advice. Do not tell any person you know god.

Just say you believe. No one would argue against that.

Advice read and discarded! Thanks but no thanks. Can a Son say he knows not his father?

You obviously still refuse to make use of that thing between your ears.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 5:57pm On Mar 10, 2017
4everGod:

Advice read and discarded! Thanks but no thanks. Can a Son say he knows not his father?

You obviously still refuse to make use of that thing between your ears.
Smh.

If only it were true, you would have evidence to back it up.

Living in self-deceit is a choice. Be mindful of who you sell it to. Some of us are living in real world.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 10, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Smh.

If only it were true, you would have evidence to back it up.

Living in self-deceit is a choice. Be mindful of who you sell it to. Some of us are living in real world.

Keep on demanding for evidence...after all self denial is a choice. Why not refuse to breath until you get evidence that you need oxygen to survive. You were born breathing and will die breathing and will never pause for one day to demand for evidence why you must breath oxygen to survive...Experience will teach you wisdom by force....

Read between the lines of my comment.....if you can
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42am On Mar 11, 2017
enshy:

On point bro in Christ!
You cant labour in vain.

God bless you my brother. Even though the OP conveniently evaded my response. smiley
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:43am On Mar 11, 2017
jonbellion:

that's great but this does not PROVE the Abrahamic god
This is what we've been asking since

Do you believe in the existence of a Creator? undecided
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:45am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

I tire for this guys.

Let me reiterate. With my limited knowledge and my physical senses I have the evidence of God's existence as I have said earlier. When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I couldn't want a better evidence that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don't even need faith to know that there was a builder. All I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

The same principle applies to the existence of God. When I look at creation, how can I know that there was a Creator? Creation reveals to me that there is a Creator. I couldn't want a better evidence that there is a Creator than to have the creation in front of me. I don't need faith to believe in a Creator, all I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

But if I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have faith in the builder. Likewise God, for

"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

If you need to know more about the Creator you need faith based on His Word and World. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Let me reiterate. With my limited knowledge and my physical senses I have the evidence of God's existence as I have said earlier. When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I couldn't want a better evidence that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don't even need faith to know that there was a builder. All I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

The same principle applies to the existence of God. When I look at creation, how can I know that there was a Creator? Creation reveals to me that there is a Creator. I couldn't want a better evidence that there is a Creator than to have the creation in front of me. I don't need faith to believe in a Creator, all I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

But if I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have faith in the builder. Likewise God, for

"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

If you need to know more about the Creator you need faith based on His Word and World. cool

This is the end of the Matter. Well done Bro.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Blogthug(m): 8:23am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Since the first day I began engaging in the arguments for the existence of God, never have I seen any person(s) display such a cowardly and hypocritical request like that of the theists here on NL which I find highly disgraceful.

It is the shameful attempt by christians and other religious persons to switch the burden of proof to those who from the onset have declared their lack of believe in the existence of their God(s) on the basis of lack of evidence.

This dishonesty have come to be the last resort for rendering meaningful discussions and intelligently progressing arguments useless.

My stance as an atheist have been further strengthened and arguments have become distasteful.

"I lack believe in Yahweh or any other god's existence owing to the absence of proofs"

But before you theists demand for a proof for the inexistence of Yahweh/Orunmila... it is important to clarify the atheistic position.

Atheist simply lack the belief in the existence of God(s)!

Perhaps, the above notion have been misinterpreted to mean the believe in the inexistence of God, that is wrong.

Can I say you believe in the inexistence of SantaClaus, Peter Pan, Ojuju-Calabar, Mamiwater, Bigfoot, Tooth Fairies, Dragons, Vampires etc? No. Because it would mean that you've had evidences to show it exists but chose to believe otherwise. This isn't the case.

I implore you to provide evidences for the existence of the God you believe in. The burden is on you who dedicate so much time to an "idea", not the other way round.

If you can't, it's fine. I will accept that you have chosen to believe even in the absence of proofs.

No one can judge you for believing in anything. But don't present it to us as if they are proven facts. And don't expect us to prove the inexistence of something held unto by mere belief.

lol these meme nairaland atheists never seize to amaze me with their ignorance

OP, be honest to yourself and answer these questions

1. were you once a God believer? if Yes, how do u go from believing in God to " lacking a belief " ? the definition of atheism according to OED is lack of belief or disbelief in God, in your case since u once believed in God, the " lack of belief definition isn't for you, because you only disbelief in God, and disbelief in God comes with a burden of proof since you mean GE is false and your proposition GOD DOES NOT EXIST is true. so provide contrary explanation for Origin of universe, life, morality.

2. Are you aware that there are more dictionary that don't define Atheism as " lack of belief " are more than those that do? do u also believe u have a lack of belief in God? (see below link) if so then u made an ambiguous claim about definition of atheism hence a fallacy

https://atheismisdead.com/2016/12/29/the-definition-of-atheism/

3. Are u aware that the " lack of belief" redefinition of atheism by late former Atheist philosopher Anthony flew (later abandoned atheism for Deism) was an Etymological Fallacy? (read it up)

4. Are you also Aware that there is only one God though described differently by different religions ( Yahweh, Allah, Brahman, Tao) just like how Nature is described differently by scientists but non would ask another Which Nature?

5. "The burden of proof is on those that that dedicate so much time to the idea " is itself a claim, can you prove this?

6. what kind of evidence For God are you looking for?

7. if u claim to lack evidence of God and 95% of humanity isn't, don't u think you're the one with learning disability ? as it has been scientifically proven that atheists use less brain function , links :

http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_the_brain
https://americanvision.org/12630/atheists-embarrassed-study-proves-atheism-uses-less-brain-function/

answer these questions, then we proceed smiley
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:09am On Mar 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The problem with posts like this is the inability of the poster to identify the "big leap" you took from the bolded part to the Bible quotations.

How did you make the huge jump from assuming there must be a creator to referring to an ancient manuscript as a source of information about the creator?

What authenticates these books?

Does the Bible also indicate an intelligent design beyond the rhetorics and unverifiable stories written therein.

Not all atheists are against creationism. But for the sake of this debate, let us assume I don't accept your version of creator because I see no connection between mind-boggling texts in the bible and the assumed creator in your post.

Why should the bible stories be taken as true?
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by enshy: 9:40am On Mar 11, 2017
4everGod:

Keep on demanding for evidence...after all self denial is a choice. Why not refuse to breath until you get evidence that you need oxygen to survive. You were born breathing and will die breathing and will never pause for one day to demand for evidence why you must breath oxygen to survive...Experience will teach you wisdom by force....

God bless and reward all your labour!
You just made obvious the atheists madness and folly on GP!
I wonder why they have not tried to breathe chlorine instead. The gases in the air, where did they come from? How come only oxygen goes in?
Is it science that put them there?
I have concluded atheists are God critics, servants of the flesh, men pleasers who wanted vain glory, they failed God and needed an easy way out, humans possessed of rebellious demons devoid of hope now and in eternity, liars, vain hypocrites, fraudstars, deceivers, perverts.
God is not moved...You all will not escape the fierce judgment of God if you dont repent! God is a consuming fire.
You will all be dumb before Him and damned for all eternity!!

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:51am On Mar 11, 2017
Blogthug:

lol these meme nairaland atheists never seize to amaze me with their ignorance

OP, be honest to yourself and answer these questions

1. were you once a God believer? if Yes, how do u go from believing in God to " lacking a belief " ? the definition of atheism according to OED is lack of belief or disbelief in God, in your case since u once believed in God, the " lack of belief definition isn't for you, because you only disbelief in God, and disbelief in God comes with a burden of proof since you mean GE is false and your proposition GOD DOES NOT EXIST is true. so provide contrary explanation for Origin of universe, life, morality.
I used to believe that God exists until I scrutinized my thoughts independent of the dogmas of religious teachings and objectively.

I don't believe God exists as all the arguments I could come up with lack evidential basis.

With further research and learning on the subject matter, I realized that there is a clear distinction between believing in the existence of God, and whether or not there is such a thing.

For instance, I've never really perceived God, like most people, but I believed anyway.

I tried to rationalize or give reasons why God should exist.

Bottom line, which I sincerely can't deny is this; No matter how strongly I may have believed, or wished it to be. There is no knowledge of God, but only belief.

You can make thousands of excuses, reasons, arguments for the existence of god(which I'm very good at), but the objects of human knowledge remains what we can prove substantially.

2. Are you aware that there are more dictionary that don't define Atheism as " lack of belief " are more than those that do? do u also believe u have a lack of belief in God? (see below link) if so then u made an ambiguous claim about definition of atheism hence a fallacy

https://atheismisdead.com/2016/12/29/the-definition-of-atheism/
If you want to gain knowledge "education" on a subject matter, learn to avoid sentimental authors.

The best place to find the proper definition of concepts is in its philosophical definition.

3. Are u aware that the " lack of belief" redefinition of atheism by late former Atheist philosopher Anthony flew (later abandoned atheism for Deism) was an Etymological Fallacy? (read it up).
I'll do that, but still learn to be sincere to your intellect in your quest for knowledge.

4. Are you also Aware that there is only one God though described differently by different religions ( Yahweh, Allah, Brahman, Tao) just like how Nature is described differently by scientists but non would ask another Which Nature?
I'm not aware of such unison in all religious god-claim.

As a matter of fact, those God's discribed always seem to have characters similar to the culture they emanate from.

Like the Judaism god, happens to love the Jews than any other race. Allah is also somewhat presented as having bias against other non-allah worshippers.

Brahman isn't even a deity, according to Hindu belief system. They have a more pantheistic perception of Brahman.

So, your instance is wrong. Nature, as a scientific concept, is not as diverse in meaning, character or sentiments as all the thousands of religious gods.

5. "The burden of proof is on those that that dedicate so much time to the idea " is itself a claim, can you prove this?
Have you disproved it?

6. what kind of evidence For God are you looking for?
Something more objective, verifiable, concrete, justifiable, substantiable like other things we claim to have knowledge of.

7. if u claim to lack evidence of God and 95% of humanity isn't, don't u think you're the one with learning disability ? as it has been scientifically proven that atheists use less brain function , links :

http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_the_brain
https://americanvision.org/12630/atheists-embarrassed-study-proves-atheism-uses-less-brain-function/

answer these questions, then we proceed smiley
Where did you get your stats from?

Besides, knowledge have been passed on through learning, studying, research, tests and observation.

Not everyone on the planet knows that there is such a thing as a solar system.

It will be a fallacy of argumentum ad populum to accept a thing as true because majority BELIEVES it is so.

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2017
4everGod:

I didn't want to respond to this unintelligent post but I changed my mind because I may be educating someone out there.

Oxygen, have been tested, experimented with, contained and exploited by scientist for over a century.

God on the other hand... is an unsubstantiable claim.

Learn to make appropriate instances next time.

cc enshy

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I didn't want to respond to this unintelligent post but I changed my mind because I may be educating someone out there.

Oxygen, have been tested, experimented with, contained and exploited by scientist for over a century.

cc enshy

^^^^^^^^
As expected, this self acclaimed atheist did not read between the lines. His zombie (one tracked) mentality sees everything as an experiment. Lmao.

Intelligence has hit a record low with these atheists on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by enshy: 10:15am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

cc enshy
Oga, you are the unintelligent one!
Is it the test and experiment of oxygen that heralded atheism?
One of you said atheism began 4000 years ago, so why didnt atheists refuse breathing till science made the discovery?
Man, science only makes discoveries of the existing!
The question is where did oxygen come from? where did air emanate from?
To show your folly to all: tell us also the discoveries of science, the tests and experiments on oxygen? did you confirm these tests or rather believed them? You read them in a book?
Oga, you failed before you open the thread!
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:18am On Mar 11, 2017
4everGod:

^^^^^^^^
As expected, this self acclaimed atheist did not read between the lines. His zombie (one tracked) mentality sees everything as an experiment. Lmao.

Intelligence has hit a record low with these atheists on Nairaland.
I'm sure you feel godly right now.

Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? / / / Jesus Was A Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.