Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,712 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists (6760 Views)

Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? / Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by enshy: 10:19am On Mar 11, 2017
4everGod:

^^^^^^^^
As expected, this self acclaimed atheist did not read between the lines. His zombie (one tracked) mentality sees everything as an experiment. Lmao.

Intelligence has hit a record low with these atheists on Nairaland.
These set of atheists lack all reason and intelligence!
The dig their pits and shoot themselves in the leg with ease.
Im getting bored and tired of reasoning with the unintelligent!
My Bro, Im with you in Christ Jesus!!

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:24am On Mar 11, 2017
enshy:

Oga, you are the unintelligent one!
Is it the test and experiment of oxygen that heralded atheism?
One of you said atheism began 4000 years ago, so why didnt atheists refuse breathing till science made the discovery?
Seriously?

I'm suppose to take this as an intelligent post?

Man, science only makes discoveries of the existing!
You are right about this. Maybe someone would discover God one day and then we'll truly know God.

The question is where did oxygen come from? where did air emanate from?
To show your folly to all: tell us also the discoveries of science, the tests and experiments on oxygen? did you confirm these tests or rather believed them? You read them in a book?
Oga, you failed before you open the thread!
Trash

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I'm sure you feel godly right now.

Smh

Am i the reason why you predictably found it impossible to read between the lines of my comment? I feel pity for you right now and not godly.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:27am On Mar 11, 2017
4everGod:

Am i the reason why you predictably found it impossible to read between the lines of my comment? I feel pity for you right now and not godly.
You've displayed enough hypocrisy here to prove my op correct.

Thank you.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Blogthug(m): 10:32am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I used to believe that God exists until I scrutinized my thoughts independent of the dogmas of religious teachings and objectively.

I don't believe God exists as all the arguments I could come up with lack evidential basis.

With further research and learning on the subject matter, I realized that there is a clear distinction between believing in the existence of God, and whether or not there is such a thing.

For instance, I've never really perceived God, like most people, but I believed anyway.

I tried to rationalize or give reasons why God should exist.

Bottom line, which I sincerely can't deny is this; No matter how strongly I may have believed, or wished it to be. There is no knowledge of God, but only belief.

u proved my point, u can't claim to lack belief in God, you only disbelief in God, but u forget one important thing, God is the best explanation for the origin of the universe, and intelligent life, there is to argument or evidence for your disbelief in God

You can make thousands of excuses, reasons, arguments for the existence of god(which I'm very good at), but the objects of human knowledge remains what we can prove substantially.[/quote]

u can't prove God's inexistence either, in fact there is no reason to think the universe wasn't intended coz all available evidences points to the fact that our universe would need a creator, a law Giver, God

If you want to gain knowledge "education" on a subject matter, learn to avoid sentimental authors.[/quote]

which sentimental authors did I quote? I only showed u a link with various dictionary definition of atheism, forget about the name of the site and just go see the definitions of atheism from various dictionaries , not asking u to read the site owners opinion

The best place to find the proper definition of concepts is in its philosophical definition.[/quote]

aha! if u have done your home work, u will discover that philosophical definition of atheism isn't a lack of belief in God, is a denial or disbelief in God not gods ( take note of the G and see image below

I'll do that, but still learn to be sincere to your intellect in your quest for knowledge.[/quote]

I don't know what your are talking about here

I'm not aware of such unison in all religious god-claim.[/quote]

this is because you have been ignorantly making the category of grouping God with god's , God's capitalization is important because it denotes a different category of being ascribed to be the creator of the universe and origin of intelligent life but describes and named differently by various religions Eledumare, Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu all Same God, get it? I made a topic on this, u can read more from my post.

As a matter of fact, those God's discribed always seem to have characters similar to the culture they emanate from.
[/quote]

God is not a god, again different category of being, all (g)ods are not ascribed to creating the universe.

Like the Judaism god, happens to love the Jews than any other race. Allah is also somewhat presented as having bias against other non-allah worshippers.

Brahman isn't even a deity, according to Hindu belief system. They have a more pantheistic perception of Brahman.[/quote]

by definition Brahman is God, the perception doesn't matter, even Christians believe in Trinity

So, your instance is wrong. Nature, as a scientific concept, is not as diverse in meaning, character or sentiments as all the thousands of religious gods.[/quote]

dead Wrong, no two scientist would describe Nature the same way, but they won't ask which Nature, u think there is sentiments because u ignorantly classified God and gods as the same thus making a category error fallacy, visit my post on the topic

Have you disproved it? .[/quote]

tu quoque fallacy, u made the claim so u prove it

Something more objective, verifiable, concrete, justifiable, substantiable like other things we claim to have knowledge of.[/quote]

do u require this for for everything you believe in or only when it comes to God? if it's only for God then u are a hypocrite, what evidence do u have for other peoples minds or consciousness existing without presupposing they must exist ?

do u also believe that our present technology can prove the supernatural being called God? or do u imagine God to be a physical being? or do u assume materialism is all we have? if yes, mathematics and logic? what about the mind? do u have a mind? and isit material ?

Where did you get your stats from?
.[/quote]

it's from a research of coz, daily mail also published that, reseach more on it.

Besides, knowledge have been passed on through learning, studying, research, tests and observation.[/quote]

do u think the scientific method is the only way we can have knowledge? how about logic?

Not everyone on the planet knows that there is such a thing as a solar system.

It will be a fallacy of argumentum ad populum to accept a thing as true because majority BELIEVES it is so.[/quote]

nope, I was only showing u that, if the research is true, it means u as an atheist have a poor brain function, and no matter what evidence theists present for the existence of God, u will reject it incredulously

there is also a way to justify your disbelief in Gods inexistence as True, see the picture below , if u can't then ur disbelief in God is by faith and nothing more

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

Thank you.

Stop mixing up harsh truth with Hypocrisy all in an attempt to garner cheap points. The Hypocrite has been you all along who claims to be an atheist yet claims there is some god somewhere which nobody truly knows but only believes and their belief isnt factual when factual belief actually exists.

Belief is not a mystery little man....belief can also be as a result of an event or series of events so that belief was backed by fact and not belief existing in isolation.

Upgrade your intelligence mr atheist. Its badly lacking in that department.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by enshy: 10:45am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

Seriously?

I'm suppose to take this as an intelligent post?
You are right about this. Maybe someone would discover God one day and then we'll truly know God.

Trash
Did you cease breathing before you read about science discovery of oxygen wise one?
You enjoyed oxygen while you deceived urself on research that you didnt do neither understood, you only read it and sheepishly believed, a wise thing to do though!
Your post is fit only for the bin! It lacks human reasoning though another of you has said the hope of an atheist is the hope of an animal that dies without hope of eternity.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by enshy: 10:50am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

Thank you.
Pls ignore this one jare. He even calls him 'my op'
You should have told us its a thread for fools, we would have just passed by.
We thought you needed awakening in your reasoning so we decided to help!
Go on with your jargon that leads no where!
Your folly cant rub off on us the Wise!
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:52am On Mar 11, 2017
4everGod:

Stop mixing up harsh truth with Hypocrisy all in an attempt to garner cheap points. The Hypocrite has been you all along who claims to be an atheist yet claims there is some god somewhere which nobody truly knows but only believes and their belief isnt factual when factual belief actually exists.

Belief is not a mystery little man....belief can also be as a result of an event or series of events so that belief was backed by fact and not belief existing in isolation.

Upgrade your intelligence mr atheist. Its badly lacking in that department.
"belief backed up by fact"?

why are you having problems presenting this facts?

You just wasted a whole lot of energy trying to present a thing believed to be factual.

"Belief" isn't needed when it is fact.

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:54am On Mar 11, 2017
enshy:

Did you cease breathing before you read about science discovery of oxygen wise one?
You enjoyed oxygen while you deceived urself on research that you didnt do neither understood, you only read it and sheepishly believed, a wise thing to do though!
Your post is fit only for the bin! It lacks human reasoning though another of you has said the hope of an atheist is the hope of an animal that dies without hope of eternity.
I see this as a futile attempt to change this into an exchange of abuses out of frustration.

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

You just wasted a whole lot of energy trying to present a thing believed to be factual.

face palm! Who put your intelligence in reverse? chai.

If you have seen a man bench press 500 pounds repeatedly and he now is asked to bench press 550 pounds and someone asks you....hey Mr atheist do you think he can do it?

Your answer would be...I BELIEVE HE CAN!

And why so? Its because you have seen him bench press 500 pounds so you believe 550 pounds is doable.

The fact is the experience...the experience is the basis for the belief.

With every response you give me you show how much less intelligent you really are.

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:14am On Mar 11, 2017
4everGod:

If you have seen a man bench press 500 pounds repeatedly and he now is asked to bench press 550 pounds and someone asks you....hey Mr atheist do you think he can do it?

And why so? Its because you have seen him bench press 500 pounds so you believe 550 pounds is doable.

With every response you give me you show how much less intelligent you really are.
Modified:

So?

Does that mean I know for sure?
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Modified:
So?
Does that mean I know for sure?

What do you think "TO BELIEVE" means?
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by enshy: 11:28am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I see this as a futile attempt to change this into an exchange of abuses out of frustration.
No abuse intended my friend..
One of you on this platform said it not me!
However, if you walk away, you have done well cos your arguments are baseless and improper!
I rest my Friend!
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by enshy: 11:32am On Mar 11, 2017
4everGod:

You are indeed 4ever God's!
You are wise my man!

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Blogthug(m): 11:32am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

do u believe belief isn't needed when its a fact?

and what fact do u have for the inexistence of God?

(please I didn't know how to comment on your comments so I made a mess, please see the comment above and respond thanks)

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Blogthug(m): 11:34am On Mar 11, 2017
enshy:

You are indeed 4ever God's!
You are wise my man!

please can u show me how to insert comments between comments while quoting? I suck at it
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:36am On Mar 11, 2017
Blogthug:

do u believe belief isn't needed when its a fact?

and what fact do u have for the inexistence of God?

(please I didn't know how to comment on your comments so I made a mess, please see the comment above and respond thanks)
This is what I addressed in my OP.

It replies your question.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:41am On Mar 11, 2017
4everGod:

What do you think "TO BELIEVE" means?

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

Your OP addressed absolutely nothing!

I on the other hand have shown you how a positive comes from a negative. You say God does not exist and that means you have reasons for that disclosure. Your reasons have become your belief.

So prove to us that your belief which came from your lack of belief is true.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Blogthug(m): 11:43am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

u proved my point, u can't claim to lack belief in God, you only disbelief in God, but u forget one important thing, God is the best explanation for the origin of the universe, and intelligent life, there is to argument or evidence for your disbelief in God

You can make thousands of excuses, reasons, arguments for the existence of god(which I'm very good at), but the objects of human knowledge remains what we can prove substantially.[/quote]

u can't prove God's inexistence either, in fact there is no reason to think the universe wasn't intended coz all available evidences points to the fact that our universe would need a creator, a law Giver, God

If you want to gain knowledge "education" on a subject matter, learn to avoid sentimental authors.[/quote]
which sentimental authors did I quote? I only showed u a link with various dictionary definition of atheism, forget about the name of the site and just go see the definitions of atheism from various dictionaries , not asking u to read the site owners opinion

The best place to find the proper definition of concepts is in its philosophical definition.[/quote]
aha! if u have done your home work, u will discover that philosophical definition of atheism isn't a lack of belief in God, is a denial or disbelief in God not gods ( take note of the G and see image below

I'll do that, but still learn to be sincere to your intellect in your quest for knowledge.[/quote]
I'm not aware of such unison in all religious god-claim.[/quote]

this is because you have been ignorantly making the category of grouping God with god's , God's capitalization is important because it denotes a different category of being ascribed to be the creator of the universe and origin of intelligent life but describes and named differently by various religions Eledumare, Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu all Same God, get it?

I made a topic on this, u can read more from my post.
As a matter of fact, those God's discribed always seem to have characters similar to the culture they emanate from.
[/quote]

God is not a god, again different category of being, all (g)ods are not ascribed to creating the universe.
Like the Judaism god, happens to love the Jews than any other race. Allah is also somewhat presented as having bias against other non-allah worshippers.
Brahman isn't even a deity, according to Hindu belief system. They have a more pantheistic perception of Brahman.[/quote]

by definition Brahman is God, the perception doesn't matter, even Christians believe in Trinity

So, your instance is wrong. Nature, as a scientific concept, is not as diverse in meaning, character or sentiments as all the thousands of religious gods.[/quote]

dead Wrong, no two scientist would describe Nature the same way, but they won't ask which Nature, u think there is sentiments because u ignorantly classified God and gods as the same thus making a category error fallacy, visit my post on the topic

Have you disproved it? .[/quote]

Something more objective, verifiable, concrete, justifiable, substantiable like other things we claim to have knowledge of.[/quote]

do u require this for for everything you believe in or only when it comes to God? if it's only for God then u are a hypocrite, what evidence do u have for other peoples minds or consciousness existing without presupposing they must exist ?
do u also believe that our present technology can prove the supernatural being called God? or do u imagine God to be a physical being? or do u assume materialism is all we have? if yes, mathematics and logic? what about the mind? do u have a mind? and isit material ?

.[/quote]

it's from a research of coz, daily mail also published that, reseach more on it.

Besides, knowledge have been passed on through learning, studying, research, tests and observation.[/quote]
do u think the scientific method is the only way we can have knowledge? how about logic?

It will be a fallacy of argumentum ad populum to accept a thing as true because majority BELIEVES it is so.[/quote]

nope, I was only showing u that, if the research is true, it means u as an atheist have a poor brain function, and no matter what evidence theists present for the existence of God, u will reject it incredulously
there is also a way to justify your disbelief in Gods inexistence as True, see the picture below , if u can't then ur disbelief in God is by faith and nothing more

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 11, 2017
[quote author=ScepticalPyrrho post=54482268][/quote]

Thank you for the extracts. Now tell me what you were able to deduce from that extract regarding the term TO BELIEVE!
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:46am On Mar 11, 2017
Blogthug:

please can u show me how to insert comments between comments while quoting? I suck at it
Lol.

I feel your pain.

I had problems reading your response, but it's harder to explain how it is done.

Let me give it a try.

Use "[quote]" to start a quote.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:47am On Mar 11, 2017
Then use [/quote] to close the quote.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Blogthug(m): 11:51am On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Lol.

I feel your pain.
[/quote]

testing testing

I had problems reading your response, but it's harder to explain how it is done.

Let me give it a try.

Use "[/quote]
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:53am On Mar 11, 2017
4everGod:

Your OP addressed absolutely nothing!

I on the other hand have shown you how a positive comes from a negative. You say God does not exist and that means you have reasons for that disclosure. Your reasons have become your belief.

So prove to us that your belief which came from your lack of belief is true.
Well, I never said God does not exist.

I don't believe in God's existence.

It is quite different if you look at it properly.

My position is that of an agnostic-atheist.

You shouldn't lay claim to what you don't know.

Like I said in my OP, I can't argue against believe as it is interpreted to mean.

I only reject claims of knowing god by your likes. Learn not to make that leap.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by enshy: 11:56am On Mar 11, 2017
Blogthug:

You can make thousands of excuses, reasons, arguments for the existence of god(which I'm very good at), but the objects of human knowledge remains what we can prove substantially.

If you want to gain knowledge "education" on a subject matter, learn to avoid sentimental authors.

The best place to find the proper definition of concepts is in its philosophical definition.

I'll do that, but still learn to be sincere to your intellect in your quest for knowledge.
I'm not aware of such unison in all religious god-claim.

this is because you have been ignorantly making the category of grouping God with god's , God's capitalization is important because it denotes a different category of being ascribed to be the creator of the universe and origin of intelligent life but describes and named differently by various religions Eledumare, Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu all Same God, get it?

I made a topic on this, u can read more from my post.

Brahman isn't even a deity, according to Hindu belief system. They have a more pantheistic perception of Brahman.

So, your instance is wrong. Nature, as a scientific concept, is not as diverse in meaning, character or sentiments as all the thousands of religious gods.

Have you disproved it? .

Something more objective, verifiable, concrete, justifiable, substantiable like other things we claim to have knowledge of.

Besides, knowledge have been passed on through learning, studying, research, tests and observation.

It will be a fallacy of argumentum ad populum to accept a thing as true because majority BELIEVES it is so.

My man, Im on my feet!
You just killed atheism and dealt the biggest blow on the atheists folly!!
I pray their pride will be melted. Amen
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Blogthug(m): 11:56am On Mar 11, 2017
Blogthug:
I feel your pain.

testing testing

Ok let's see [/quote]
Let me give it a try.

Use "[/quote]
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:59am On Mar 11, 2017
Blogthug:

Nope, I was only showing u that, if the research is true, it means u as an atheist have a poor brain function, and no matter what evidence theists present for the existence of God, u will reject it incredulously
I don't have a disbelief in God, because it is yet to be proven in the first place.

I only have the courage to admit ignorance on the subject matter. Unlike those who forget to distinguish faith from knowledge.
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Blogthug(m): 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

Like I said in my OP, I can't argue against believe as it is interpreted to mean.

agnostic atheism is simply word salad created by Anthony flew and promoted by biologist come pseudo philosopher Richard Dawkins .
it's quite a cop out move that allows an atheist when asked to defend their position hide under the agnostic position while demanding answers from theist, it's does not answer the Does God exist? question or do u agree God exists ? which is either yes (theism )no (atheism) and I don't know (agnosticism).

also think of how ridiculous the Gnostic theist position will sound smiley now if I asked u, do u agree God exists? what will your answer be?
Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

Wow more confusion emanating from you.

Look at this below

If you say you do not believe someone exists that means "to you" such a person DOES NOT EXIST.

Its grammar o! It was part of your educative years o! This is not rocket science o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists by ScepticalPyrrho: 12:25pm On Mar 11, 2017
Blogthug:

agnostic atheism is simply word salad created by Anthony flew and promoted by biologist come pseudo philosopher Richard Dawkins .
it's quite a cop out move that allows an atheist when asked to defend their position hide under the agnostic position while demanding answers from theist, it's does not answer the Does God exist? question or do u agree God exists ? which is either yes (theism )no (atheism) and I don't know (agnosticism).

also think of how ridiculous the Gnostic theist position will sound smiley now if I asked u, do u agree God exists? what will your answer be?
To your last question.

We don't know anything about God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? / The Book Of Enoch Exposed!!!! / Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.