Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:14 AM

Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? (9853 Views)

Why Size Matters A Lot To Nigerians – @itelmobileng / HTC Ocean Life-the Phone You've Been Waiting For / Blackberry Aurora Spec : First Blackberry Phone With Dual SIM Slot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by BeardedTraveler: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2017
frinx:
With the recent upsurge of different forms of fast charging, I would stick to a phone with decent 3500mah above with dash charging. Also a phone with good optimised performance to utilise battery power. Aside from battery I would pick devices base on the following:
1. Built quality. Hate glass back phones, front facing stereo speakers, small bezels.
2. Camera. It's not about the MP but also the image processor.
3. Good chip with little or no lags.

You hate small bezels? Why
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by musicwriter(m): 10:07am On Mar 11, 2017
I could buy a phone without camera at all, cause I don't need it. All I check before buying is the battery and RAM size. I've never snapped a selfie before and I wouldn't be doing that anytime soon. In fact, if I could, I'll remove the camera on my phone, cause it's an unnecessary feature for me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by hoover420: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2017
I'll prefer a phone of 3000mah, fast charging with above 2 gig ram and an octacore processor.
Why will I buy a phone solely because of its battery life?
If not for the situation in Nigeria, advanced countries are less worried about the battery life of their device since there is stable power supply. They are more concerned about efficiency.
I am also more concerned about efficiency if not, I wouldn't be using a smartphone.
If I need a strong battery life, I'll buy a small phone to use with my hotline. I can't compromise quality & efficiency for just battery life! undecided
I have a laptop and I have a power bank so what else will I be needing a 6000mah for? tongue
My opinion though
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by orpeeh: 10:09am On Mar 11, 2017
BlindAngel:
For me 100% yes, am about to buy the itel 1516 phone on monday, 32000, what used to sell for 21000 before, the phone has with a 5mp back camera and a 2mp front camera, with a 5000mah battery, the one thing i hate of the phone is the ram 512mb, its too small for my liking. I planned buying the hot four lite but the price has gone up from 40000 - 46000 just with in a month. And i dnt have that kind of money.
u can try the plus version of itel 1516 (itel 1516+) it comes with 1gig ram
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by KennyID17(m): 10:12am On Mar 11, 2017
Suntemi:

I will not insult you like you just did to me. But if you've been on the forum long enough, you will not put the word ignorance and my name in same sentence or call me an "iPhone user". Go to phone section of this forum and ask around.

Most of you base your research on what you write online. Try and use the phones before you compare. I will not argue further with you.

Oga, d word ignorant isn't an insult, it's a state of mind, but if u feel insulted, then my apologies sir. My point is, I have used a costly android phone before, the galaxy s5, and i can proudly tell u that it outperformed it's iPhone rival back then in d battery department. Yes ios is very well optimised, that has bee It's key selling point right from d get go, but android is closing in fast. With things like fast charging which d iPhone sorely lacks. D galaxy s7 outperforms d iPhone 7 in battery life tests according to popular reviews. Not saying d iPhone battery is a sham, but i just took an exception to u saying typical android users. Most iPhone users think coz they use an apple product they are better than d next guy that doesn't. That mentality is ignorant and annoying. If u wanna compare ur iPhone to android, do So with d expensive flagship. Once again, if u feel insulted, then am sorry bro.

2 Likes

Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by labdeck50: 10:15am On Mar 11, 2017
itel1516plus input ram isnt 512 ram it is 1g ram
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by alobright17(m): 10:16am On Mar 11, 2017
With my HUAWEI GPOWER,I got all that I needed especially battery wise,that is after using both Samsung s4,Iphone 5s htcone, and Motorola droid which batteries can never be compared to This my HUAWEI Phone.Just charge it and be online from Morning till night with the data on no fear of battery running down like those other bigger name phones I have used before.
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by BlindAngel: 10:20am On Mar 11, 2017
orpeeh:
u can try the plus version of itel 1516 (itel 1516+) it comes with 1gig ram
I love it but it dont have fast charge and i guess it will take forever for the battery to full.
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:21am On Mar 11, 2017
BlindAngel:
For me 100% yes, am about to buy the itel 1516 phone on monday, 32000, what used to sell for 21000 before, the phone has with a 5mp back camera and a 2mp front camera, with a 5000mah battery, the one thing i hate of the phone is the ram 512mb, its too small for my liking. I planned buying the hot four lite but the price has gone up from 40000 - 46000 just with in a month. And i dnt have that kind of money.

Pls, don't buy a 512ram phone
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by BlindAngel: 10:23am On Mar 11, 2017
sundid:

I recieved my itel 1516 from konga on 19th of February, 17. The battery life of 5000mah leave me not charging the phone for like 3days. The RAM is actually 1gb not 512mb. What get me crazy about this device is the OTG. I do most of my paper work on my phone in the comfort of my house and later to print at work next day. This is made possible by the otg. It cost me 28k to acquire. I have never regretted owning this wonderful device. Pls go enjoy its usage after purchase. I will advice order online, cos I don't trust those sellers
Oh, am so sorry its itel 1556, i would have gone for the 1516 but the screen is small, i need a screen of 5.5 and above.
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by BigBen10: 10:38am On Mar 11, 2017
Techm8:
With PHCN one day on 2 days off rationing, the smartphone with 5000mah is perfect.

Have you seen the gionee with 6020mAh?
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by Abdstrakt(m): 10:40am On Mar 11, 2017
All of you saying because of poor power in Nigeria. Even if light is stable do you guys think it's everyone that likes charging their phone every few hours to charge or using the phone whilst charging?

Peep this survey that was done in the UK, 89% of people see battery as the single most important feature when buying a smartphone.

Battery is important regardless of where in the world you are.

Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by Abdstrakt(m): 10:49am On Mar 11, 2017
OgatheTop:

Pls check your grammer and spelling.

Did you mean to say "Seriously I'm tired of carrying power banks and chargers everywhere I go. Anything that won't keep me away from charging my smartphone for 3 days is a no brainer"
I won't.
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by Baraqkenny: 11:10am On Mar 11, 2017
Nice

Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by frinx: 11:40am On Mar 11, 2017
BeardedTraveler:

You hate small bezels? Why

Nope my mistake. Pro small bezels and front facing speakers

1 Like

Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 11, 2017
big ba3 n somewhat big ram is all i nid
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 11, 2017
smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by orpeeh: 11:50am On Mar 11, 2017
BlindAngel:

I love it but it dont have fast charge and i guess it will take forever for the battery to full.
to me the charger is still manageable given the price of the phone
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by shiftback: 12:31pm On Mar 11, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Pls, don't buy a 512ram phone
lol....you even put please.
512MB RAM phones na frustration merchants dem be.

1 Like

Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by Elxandre(m): 12:47pm On Mar 11, 2017
BlindAngel:
You'll hate yourself with that device. trust me.

512mb ram is IMPOSSIBLE to use in 2017.
Just go to Aliexpress and look for something decent if you really are concerned about your happiness.
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by Ruhamah23(m): 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
I prefer a phone with long lasting battery
who camera eep self
but with my Huawei P9 plus
I'm loaded
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by tosyne2much(m): 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
lafuria1:
RAM size
What's your phone RAM size?
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by Fmartin(m): 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2017
am nt a photo grammar. 5000mah al d way
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by NarnieSnyper(m): 3:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
BlindAngel:

32k Dude which part of Nigeria are u in ATM? I bought mine last week saturday for 27k......infact N26,600+ N400 for screen guard

Itz 1gig RAM,sire. Itz the 1516 that has 512mb. Cheers
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by NarnieSnyper(m): 4:13pm On Mar 11, 2017
sundid:

I recieved my itel 1516 from konga on 19th of February, 17. The battery life of 5000mah leave me not charging the phone for like 3days. The RAM is actually 1gb not 512mb. What get me crazy about this device is the OTG. I do most of my paper work on my phone in the comfort of my house and later to print at work next day. This is made possible by the otg. It cost me 28k to acquire. I have never regretted owning this wonderful device. Pls go enjoy its usage after purchase. I will advice order online, cos I don't trust those sellers

Blood, you have said it all. I used to hate itel as a phone because my old device(inote 1503) was hell but they really improved with the S11, S32, 1516+ and 1560+.
I really love this 1516 device. Since i started using it, the ba3 hasnt gone below 55% grin then the OTG....mehn, i can't shout abeg
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by lafuria1(m): 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2017
tosyne2much:
What's your phone RAM size?

4GB

The experience with big ram size is very good.
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by GGclef(m): 5:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
A phone that can last me from morning till evening on a full charge is owk for me,..itz nt that dere is no lite @all now.I like sleek and lightweight phones not "bricks with dead weight" phones above 4000mah is a NO NO for me.i use Lg g3 and the battery is only 3000mah,datz ok 4 me.The day i held tecno l8plus..come see how the fone look bulky&heavy all in the name of battery.I still like many other feature on my fone like the lovely QHD screen,3gb ram,32rom and snapdragon processor& superb camera...average battery life is ok for me,most times,i only charge once in a day except on rare occasions.
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by OgatheTop: 8:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
Abdstrakt:

I won't.

Then your English is incorrect.
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by virtuejoan(f): 9:45pm On Mar 11, 2017
eghos12:

bros dont buy it o except u have somone one already using it with good battery life cause at my side 100% to 15% is less than 12hours . When on normal mode of whatsapp,few calls,play few games then leave the phone.
that's a fat lie, I use techno L5 and d bat3 is superb. I have been using it since last year March I it still don't disappoint
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by eghos12(m): 11:07pm On Mar 11, 2017
virtuejoan:

that's a fat lie, I use techno L5 and d bat3 is superb. I have been using it since last year March I it still don't disappoint

i was refering to itel 1516+ a friend of mine bought. Since many people are giving good reviews here it means my person bought a fake phone.
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by missslimzy(f): 12:33am On Mar 12, 2017
I will go for a battery packed phone to a camera phone any day anytime.
Re: Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? by wjames(m): 12:46am On Mar 12, 2017
BlindAngel:
My itel 1516plus is perfect and I love it, its 1GB ram and 5000mak, I just love this phone, I bought it brand new 2weeks ago (3rd of march), i'm only selling cos I've gotten another phone. Price: 30k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guys Be Careful The Way You Take Loans From Mobile Alone Applications / Best Phones With Budget Of #25000 / Finding Out Who Called Using Blocked Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.