Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) (46421 Views)

Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire / Algerian Woman Denied French Citizenship Over Refusal For Handshake - BBC / Traffic Gridlock Hits Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Extends To 3 States (Pics, Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
Sacluxpaint:
Why are they detained like criminals? The visa laws remain the same but why the harassment? I don't get. How can a pregnant woman be a threat to the United states??

She was clearly a tax threat.

She thought she was being smart.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by fabuloz1(m): 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
darlenese:

Ur uncle is back from UK not US undecided
What is this one saying? cry are you my uncle? grin
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2017
OluDare01:

Nah! she was denied entry and on her way back to Naija, she had a stopover in Dubai where she gave birth

That's not the story I heard.

She was turned back in Dubai at a USA immigration point there in Dubai. She was never in the USA.

We have USA immigration pre-clearance sites in some places in the world:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-02-13/u-s-border-extends-to-dubai-tempting-travelers-drained-by-wait

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by donodion(m): 5:44pm On Mar 10, 2017
Well, if only Madam Theresa could also send back baba PMBs flight to Nigeria on his next medical visit, then our Health Sector would properly be settled. Cos we trully have what it takes.

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
highrise07:
b'cus of trump, omo naija no fit go america again

If you're legit you can travel to US.

But the days of being coy and thinking smart are over for now.

Homeland Security had felt powerless for a long time in enforcing laws that they had on the books but they backed Trump heavily and now have authority to do their job.

Nothing illegal occurred with not allowing this Woman to pre-clear through Dubai. You simply need a B2 visa and tons of money to birth in the US.

No more shortcuts.

BTW, the immigration officer that turned her back is Nigerian.

http://punchng.com/i-was-handcuffed-locked-in-a-cell-for-four-days-at-los-airport-victim/

“They are US border protection agents. One of them is a black American with an Igbo name, Ogbonnaya,” he stated, adding that another Nigerian was also denied entry to the US “on account of his luggage.”

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by akblings(m): 5:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
Gmajor:
she wants to born American citizen by all means abi?
Good for her
she no know say those people don wiseup

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by donodion(m): 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2017
donsteady:
We need to quickly take action to end this madness. If possible have some USA citizens return at the point of entry just to send a message to Trump that he does not have monopoly of madness. Send at list 100 US citizens back in 24 hours and he will get the message clear. Tit for tat
Professor of law please take action now. Don't allow the US to take us for granted. Enough is enough. Do you all Nairalander a agree with me?

I agree with you.This is not the first time travellers would be giving birth or arriving in US with their pregnancy. Its their choice and their right so long they the means to foot the bill.
No one who have the same opportunity as a Nigeria that wouldn't take on such privilege.... However....... like i said earlier....let Mama Charlie too send back Buhari on his next medical trip.to UK...then our health sector would be given more attention it deserves.

Diplomatic passport holders can not be enjoying the privileges of these developed countries while the masses pay through their noses for same.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by mfm04622: 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2017
mayoor15:
Do what exactly, America does not allow pregnant women into the country, this isn't a Nigerian issue, I guess she wanted to beat immigration that was why she tried entering through Dubai.....shikena

That is not true!

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by kingthreat(m): 5:53pm On Mar 10, 2017
I rather pity an hungry man on the street than the opportunist of a woman

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by mayoor15(m): 5:54pm On Mar 10, 2017
mfm04622:

That is not true!
Proof it now, go to American embassy in Nigeria and tell them you are pregnant and watch gem give you visa effortlessly.....
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by OluDare01(m): 6:00pm On Mar 10, 2017
Yeah! I know there's US immigration point in some countries outside the US but from what I can deduce from the tweet, she was turned back in the States, not Dubai
EgunMogaji:

That's not the story I heard.

She was turned back in Dubai at a USA immigration point there in Dubai. She was never in the USA.

We have USA immigration pre-clearance sites in some places in the world:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-02-13/u-s-border-extends-to-dubai-tempting-travelers-drained-by-wait
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by justwise(m): 6:00pm On Mar 10, 2017
mayoor15:
Proof it now, go to American embassy in Nigeria and tell them you are pregnant and watch gem give you visa effortlessly.....

I'm sorry but you are wrong, you will be given a visa if you are qualified for one.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Laple0541(m): 6:01pm On Mar 10, 2017
[color=#000099]
UnknownT:
Will the baby become Dubai (UAE) citizen now? Its a pity n sad
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Laple0541(m): 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2017
UnknownT:
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 10, 2017
donsteady:
We need to quickly take action to end this madness. If possible have some USA citizens return at the point of entry just to send a message to Trump that he does not have monopoly of madness. Send at list 100 US citizens back in 24 hours and he will get the message clear. Tit for tat
Professor of law please take action now. Don't allow the US to take us for granted. Enough is enough. Do you all Nairalander a agree with me?
Later u will start crying of dollar. Hypocrit

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 10, 2017
women have been warned not to travel on an airplane while heavily pregnant, it is a big risk but some of them will not listen.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 10, 2017
OluDare01:
Yeah! I know there's US immigration point in some countries outside the US but from what I can deduce from the tweet, she was turned back in the States, not Dubai

She was turned back in Dubai.

I don't rely on emotional tweets and instead read the news.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2017
mfm04622:

That is not true!
that is definitely true!
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by OluDare01(m): 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin
you don vex
EgunMogaji:

She was turned back in Dubai.

I didn't not rely on emotional tweets and instead read the news.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 10, 2017
OluDare01:
grin grin grin grin
you don vex

Not at all.

It's a disaster all the way around what happened.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 10, 2017
Shukran:

Valid visa don't not guarantee you entrance into any country. The immigration officer at the boarder has the final say.

Ability for your proof that your visit is genuine will grant your u entrance to a country.

Valid visa is the your 75℅ chance and a complete step before the last step. The last step is there boarder officer.

And if she did have medical papers to give birth in USA, definitely she will be denied entery.

Also cases of denial can be insufficient fund too.
Absolutely! %1000 correct! my partner is an immiga officer here in the UK and she tells me that it doesn't matter what kinda entrance visa any one has appart from diplomats it is always her/ their decision as an immiga officer/ officers who enters the country, infact she also tells me that she can refuse some one entry for no reason; some times just because she feels like it or she didn't like the way they look grin( secret lipsrsealed) so yes you are on point.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by TWoods(m): 6:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
She could have saved herself the money and embarrassment by simply having her baby in Nigeria.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by TWoods(m): 6:32pm On Mar 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

She was clearly a tax threat.

She thought she was being smart.

Absolutely. It never ceases to amaze me reading from arrogant Nigerians waffling on about how they outsmart immigration. Stay in your country... no reason others should be paying tax so you can come have your baby for free.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2017
UnknownT:
No she won't become dubai citizen, U.S. Is the only country that is stupid enough to allow that.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2017
mile12crises:
Kpele..... woman was eyeing 'American citizen by birth'

Only to get Dubai citizenship
That child has only Nigerian citizenship and will not get a United Arab Emirates citizenship because it is not allowed under Emirati Laws
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
Sacluxpaint:
Why are they detained like criminals? The visa laws remain the same but why the harassment? I don't get. How can a pregnant woman be a threat to the United states??
She is a big economic threat. They give birth in U.S. And tax payers pick the tab, not fair give birth where you pay tax.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Beautyaddy: 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2017
U.S. is not the only country that gives automatic citizenship by just soil...Canada also does the same. However I don't think it's that easy to get Canada's tourist visas that easy as compared to the U.S.

blueseacats:
No she won't become dubai citizen, U.S. Is the only country that is stupid enough to allow that.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by babythug(f): 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2017
justwise:
I think they made the right decision, she should have returned back to Nigeria considering the fact that she just gave birth while on stopover in Dubai

Why continue with the journey with a new born baby?

Hasty conclusion! We don't know the exact reason she was refused entry as it is, we can only speculate that at the point of receiving the visa she didn't indicate she would have the baby.

The flight likely stopped in Dubai because she may have flown with Emirates I'm sure you get me!

The stress/ trauma of being refused entry may also have caused her to go into labour prematurely!

In summary let's use issued visas for the purpose we indicate at the embassy!
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by AlphaStyles(m): 7:18pm On Mar 10, 2017
Abeg why she no wan come 9ja?
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
Aburi001:
Trump might not complete his tenure, someone can quote me
if buhari can Trump will too wink
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2017
AlphaStyles:
Abeg why she no wan come 9ja?
she wanted the baby to be born American,I'm assuming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. / Sink Hole Swallows Cars On Bida-minna Expressway Niger State (PHOTOS) / Lady Holds On To The Brake Of The Bus For A Driver To Fight An Agbero (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.