Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,951 members, 7,803,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Ways You Can Earn Money With Your Stories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ways You Can Earn Money With Your Stories (2049 Views)

Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland / 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria / Can You Introduce A Character From Your Stories? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways You Can Earn Money With Your Stories by bonana: 12:37am On Mar 11, 2017
How Making Money Writing Short Stories

The days of having to move from one publishing house to another, begging to get your work read and published and spending so much to get your book on prints is about to be over. The internet has created so much opportunities in this new age and story writers and story tellers are not left out. You can actually publish your works online for free and have people buy them off there and pay into your account where ever you are. That's just one of the ways you can earn some income as a writer, and those ways are what I am about to reveal to you here.

Ways you can make money as a Story Writer include

- E - publishing (Amazon, kobo books, Pubit e.t.c)
- Fiverr
- Blogging
- Ghost writing

Now, we are going to break them down, one after the other.

- E - Publishing: This simply involves uploading a manuscript of your short stories to an online publishing site. These online sites will help you put them in an acceptable format and will even provide you with online Tools for creating covers for your story book or alternatively, you may want to provide your own ready made cover, which they also make provisions for, your choice. E-pubishing sites like Amazon Kindle can even go as far as helping you publish a paper back for your book that is the hardcopy of your story book or novel which readers can place an order for and when they eventually buy, your account gets reimbursed. The amazing thing is that this E - publishing is actually FREE, you only pay for them by relinquishing a small percentage of the money realized from the sales which is termed royalty.

A few of the E-pubishing sites available include

- Amazon Kindle (www.kdp.amazon.com)
- Kobo Writing Life (www.writinglife.kobobooks.com)
- Pubit (www.pubit.barnesandnoble.com)
- Booktango (www.booktango.com)
- Blurb (www.secure.blurb.com)
- Okadabooks (Okadabooks.com) for Nigerians

And many others.

- Fiverr : Fiverr is like a market place where buyers meet sellers and an exchange of skills and cash takes place. One of those skills include writing. All a good writer needs to do on Fiverr is to set up the right gigs and a well detailed profile and he is on his way to earning decently with his hobby. The normal pricing for each work done is 5 dollars as the name implies but the amount paid is often determined most times by conditions surrounding the deal which could be speed of delivery, extra works and so on. You can start by registering on www.fiverr.com

- Blogging : Another way you can earn money as a Story Writer is by setting up a Blog where you get to publish your stories and monetize it. You could do this using Google Adsense or selling your story books on your own blog. It could be stories already published on E-pubishing sites, you just need to share its link on your blog and post an excerpt or summary of that story, interested readers can then go ahead to purchase it from where ever you uploaded it. Blogging for Story writers has its many advantages which includes the chance you get at having your stories on your blog first before people get to copy and paste them wherever they want, you can also join an Affiliate program with an E-pubishing site and paste your affiliate links on your blog and when people use it to purchase books, you get your own percentage.

- Ghost Writing : All you do here is go out and search for people, organizations or blog owners that need people to help them write Stories with Quality contents, a well defined Google Search can help you with that. You can check out Craigslist for people seeking Story Writers for assistance. Another way you can get Ghostwriting Jobs is by advertising yourself, through emails or your blogs. When people see the type of quality works you have on your blogs, they may want to contact you for a Job.

There are many untapped ways that you can Earn Money Writing Short Stories which I can never even begin to think of right now, all you have to do is keep writing your things and seeking out opportunities. You can start with the list I have made and I hope it helps you.

Stay Tuned for my upcoming Well Detailed Guide On E-pubishing Using Amazon Kindle.

Source : http://talesbychi.com.ng/2017/03/10/earn-money-writing-short-stories/

Cc: Obinnau, Lalasticlala

Re: Ways You Can Earn Money With Your Stories by joey150(m): 11:36am On Mar 11, 2017
Nice piece..

Am sure i could write awesome stories if i tried..
Re: Ways You Can Earn Money With Your Stories by bonana: 5:12pm On Mar 11, 2017
joey150:
Nice piece..

Am sure i could write awesome stories if i tried..

Thanks bro. Of course you could
Re: Ways You Can Earn Money With Your Stories by kenny160: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2018
av write a story like play i want to published it and sell it both online and offline i dont even know how to go about it

(1) (Reply)

Put Books In The Christmas Hampers / London Olympics 2012 Closing Ceremony Not So Hidden Literary Allusions. / HOPE By Mhizdherbee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.