Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,378 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Please Advice Me. I Want To Change My Course - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Advice Me. I Want To Change My Course (960 Views)

How My Course Mate Almost Made Me A Yahoo Boy / Help Me I Need To Change My Course / Please Frends I Need Help In My Course In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me. I Want To Change My Course by Taylorsw1ft: 5:00am On Mar 11, 2017
I have seen people bring their problems to nairaland. And I've seen people drop advices both good and bad

Here is my story
I come from a family of 4
Both of my parents are poultry farmers (educated tho)
I am the 2nd born am 20 years old
Am a 300level vet medical student in the university of Ibadan.
Although I chose the course by myself. But I feel I was subconsciously lured into picking this course because I grew up in a poultry environment.

When I got to 200level I discovered vet isn't really my thing. It's time taking I usually have little or no time for myself (but trust me I love animals)

Am thinking of crossing to maybe sociology or pscychology

Really I just wanto get a degree

And my parents are really investing in us
They gave me and my senior brother(also in vet medicine 600level) different cars just to ease our education

They will be really disappointed if they find out I wanna cross

And am ready to forfeit the car if that's what it will cost. Because I just wanto have time for myself. So I can put my hands into other things

Please advice me
Thanks Godbless
Re: Please Advice Me. I Want To Change My Course by ochobaba(m): 5:04am On Mar 11, 2017
Loving animals do not equate to studying them Dear you can still change before it gets late for you cz you still young
Re: Please Advice Me. I Want To Change My Course by Taylorsw1ft: 6:34am On Mar 11, 2017
ochobaba:
Loving animals do not equate to studying them
Dear you can still change before it gets late for you cz you still young
thanks
Re: Please Advice Me. I Want To Change My Course by DavSagacity(m): 7:11am On Mar 11, 2017
Passion is everything you do. If u dont have passion for a particular course , you may find it boring or a mere waste of time. U like animals but you dont seem to have passion for their welbeing to really study their behaviour , their Nutrition how feed is utilized in their system, the biochemical processes. You may have passion for something else like Segun Akinlolu (Beautiful Nubia ). He's a Vet. medicine graduate. And he's enjoying his music career. i listened to him recently in an interview with Edmund Obillo where he said he soon return to practising Veterinary medicine.
I would advice you NOT to change your course of study. you can create more time for yourself and still enjoy school. Am an Animal science graduate(masters) from UI. and its been cool all the way. Though there were times i wised i was studying medicine and surgery cause most of my Biochemistry and Nutrition work at the Msc level were pure medical science work .

(1) (Reply)

JAMB(2017) Pin Vending Process & List Of Authorized Banks For JAMB Form Payments / IT Certification The Chartered Institute Of IT(UK) Equivalent To Bsc / See How Much Gtbank Gave A Best Graduating Medical Student That Got People Talki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.