Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,010 members, 7,799,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Us-based Brothers Divorce Wives On Whatsapp - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Us-based Brothers Divorce Wives On Whatsapp (875 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / Wife Files For Divorce Over Husband's Big Manhood In Zamfara (Photo) / Bayelsa Man Shows His Two Wives On Facebook (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Us-based Brothers Divorce Wives On Whatsapp by greatcrown: 5:57am On Mar 11, 2017
The divorce of two Indian Muslim women is making headlines all over the world after their husbands divorced them via a messaging app.
The Hyderabad-based were divorced over WhatsApp by their respective husbands, igniting the debate over triple 'talaq' (divorce) in the country.

The husbands - who are brothers - decided to divorce their wives one after another over the app.

Heena Fatima was divorced by her husband Syed Fayazuddin Hussain a few weeks ago, India Today reported.

They had married in February, 2013.
Hussaini - after four years of marriage - sent the word 'talaq' thrice over WhatsApp, hence completing the divorce process in Islam.
He followed up the message by sending divorce papers from the US.

Later, Mehreen Noor, married to Hussaini's brother Mohammad Abdul Aqeel, was divorced by her husband in the same way.

Mehreen claims that not only did she receive a WhatsApp message from Akheel but he had changed his display picture to a picture showing the word repeated thrice.

My husband put 'Talaq Talaq Talaq' as his WhatsApp display picture & messaged same saying everything is finished: Mehreen Noor #Hyderabad

Having been divorced without seeking consent, Heena and Mehreen have decided to challenge the divorce and have lodged police complaint in Hyderabad.
"Sharia law lets you divorce me, but who is going to look after our children?," Henna demanded to know.

Mehreen said that she didn't even know her husband's name at the time of their wedding.
"I found out after marriage that my husband's real name is Usman Qureshi."

Commenting on the way they divorced the women, Mehreen said: "They (the two brothers) have made marriage a joke."
The incident has come to light at a time when the matter of triple talaq is being considered by the Supreme Court.
The apex court in India recently asked a constitution bench to examine the validity of triple talaq. The Centre has given its opinion against triple talaq saying that religious practices cannot override the rights of women.

http://m.khaleejtimes.com/international/india/us-based-brothers-divorce-wives-in-india-on-whatsapp

My question now are;

1) Does the divorce have anything to do with Trump policy?

2) Can the divorce even stand from religion point of view?
Re: Us-based Brothers Divorce Wives On Whatsapp by maxti: 6:14am On Mar 11, 2017
Ok.

(1) (Reply)

Lecturer, Wife In Divorce, Paternity Row / Man Loses His Two Wives And Six Children In The Suleja Floods. Photos / (dailytrust) When Men Are Victims Of Spousal Abuse (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.