Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,766 members, 7,806,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks (56869 Views)

My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / Woman Beats Her Husband Mercilessly For Hitting Her / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Strahovski1(m): 9:31am On Mar 11, 2017
kingreign:

Have you heard about proper marriage counselling, and trying to please a partner so as to win back his heart/interest?

His interest? Let me ask you a question.

A man points a gun at you, do you run and call the police or try to disarm the man OR wait, and say '..he has not shot me yet'.?

What would you do? Tell me in truth.

Its the same case here. Her life is already threatened as there is a possible STD coming if she remains in such marriage as such a man would continue. So she should wait and say "..I'm not infected yet." Right?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by OKUCHI11(m): 9:33am On Mar 11, 2017
Welcome to the new world
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 11, 2017
Shortyy:

Abi o.. Anyways, regardless if it was just secxchat, I'll advice them to go for counselling, but if he actually cheated? She should just leave. A cheating man doesn't deserve any sort of pity.
Exactly.

10 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by kingreign(m): 9:43am On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:

His interest? Let me ask you a question.

A man points a gun at you, do you run and call the police or try to disarm the man OR wait, and say '..he has not shot me yet'.?

What would you do? Tell me in truth.

Its the same case here. Her life is already threatened as there is a possible STD coming if she remains in such marriage as such a man would continue. So she should wait and say "..I'm not infected yet." Right?
For the records, lemme get this straight.
I don't encourage infidelity, I do not encourage divorce. Its against what I stand for and what my belief system is.
That said, your analogy makes no sense to me cos they're different scenarios. A man who flirts, sex chats and do e-adultry has committed adultery in his heart already and is planning on how to perfect the act (if he hasn't already) this we all know. Bt, a lot of guys maysex chat without even starting to commit physical adultery/fornication which then crescents into the real deal.
My disagreement here with you is:
1. You make it sound as if he has already been cheating by way of having sexual contact with the ladies he sexchat with, which maybe right or wrong.
2. You just advocated for a break down of another person's home, without giving a second trial as to trying to even save the situation.
3. You don't care if the woman in the picture is at fault remotely or directly. (May I remind you, only few insane men would cheat on their wives even if their wives acts satisfies them sexually).
4. There's a lot to this issue than what is reported. We've got to hear from the couple before we throw away the bath water with the baby inside.

8 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by hopeforcharles(m): 9:45am On Mar 11, 2017
Shortyy:
SMH. Your wife is there with you and you're sexchatting with another woman. Odiegwu o! Some men sha.
Anyways If all he did was sexchat and didn't actually sleep with another woman, I'll advice they go for counselling. The wife might be denying him of his husband duties..
Thank you. There many are many angles this issue could be looked at not out rightly divorce like this
Strahovski1 guy is chanting i wonder if he is truly married, if they divorce now will u marry her Strahovski1? Its not right to divorce now.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Strahovski1(m): 9:49am On Mar 11, 2017
Here we are again...

What you are saying is that someone playing with a gun who isn't a police offer is not a criminal until he is caught shooting someone? That's your point.

He is sex chatting! Why?
Someone who sex chat is obviously doing the act outside. #Fact

The woman isn't at fault. She is the victim here. Go tell a robbery victim it's his fault for leaving his door open. What's wrong is wrong and should not be accepted.

kingreign:
For the records, lemme get this straight.
I don't encourage infidelity, I do not encourage divorce. Its against what I stand for and what my belief system is.
That said, your analogy makes no sense to me cos they're different scenarios. A man who flirts, sex chats and do e-adultry has committed adultery in his heart already and is planning on how to perfect the act (if he hasn't already) this we all know. Bt, a lot of guys maysex chat without even starting to commit physical adultery/fornication which then crescents into the real deal.
My disagreement here with you is:
1. You make it sound as if he has already been cheating by way of having sexual contact with the ladies he sexchat with, which maybe right or wrong.
2. You just advocated for a break down of another person's home, without giving a second trial as to trying to even save the situation.
3. You don't care if the woman in the picture is at fault remotely or directly. (May I remind you, only few insane men would cheat on their wives even if their wives acts satisfies them sexually).
4. There's a lot to this issue than what is reported. We've got to hear from the couple before we throw away the bath water with the baby inside.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Strahovski1(m): 9:51am On Mar 11, 2017
hopeforcharles:

Thank you. There many are many angles this issue could be looked at not out rightly divorce like this
Strahovski1 guy is chanting i wonder if he is truly married, if they divorce now will u marry her Strahovski1? Its not right to divorce now.

What if he is sleeping with women outside? Yes what if? A big if? Is it worth the gamble?

I'm trying to save her and her child.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by hopeforcharles(m): 9:51am On Mar 11, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
The chances of him getting STIs is 99:1. Trust me
If actually he has done the sex, and besides do u know if he protects himself, you all calling for divorce divorce divorce watch it lest u brake a family, if she divorce the guy will you guys marry her?.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by hopeforcharles(m): 9:55am On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:

What if he is sleeping with women outside? Yes what if? A big if? Is it worth the gamble?

I'm trying to save her and her child.
Saving them from what excalty and delivering them to what then
Pain, Single parenthood, lack of a proper home to grow up and others.
You are not saving them you are trying to to wreck them. Think again if its your home isn't this issue worth a secondary thought or look at? Its not as serious as you are painting it to be.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 11, 2017
hopeforcharles:

If actually he has done the sex, and besides do u know if he protects himself, you all calling for divorce divorce divorce watch it lest u brake a family, if she divorce the guy will you guys marry her?.
who are the 'you all'? Check my comment, I advised she settles their differences and figure out whatever problem there may be in their sex life as its obvious enough something is not right with their sex life

And a MARRIED MAN sexchatting when her wife is right home with him must definitely be fvcking outside. I 100% guarantee you that. Whether he uses protection is what I don't know

4 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by kingreign(m): 10:00am On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:
Here we are again...

What you are saying is that someone playing with a gun who isn't a police offer is not a criminal until he is caught shooting someone? That's your point.

He is sex chatting! Why?
Someone who sex chat is obviously doing the act outside. #Fact

The woman isn't at fault. She is the victim here. Go tell a robbery victim it's his fault for leaving his door open. What's wrong is wrong and should not be accepted.

A woman may consciously be at fault if she denies him sexual encounters.
She may be unconsciously at fault if she don't keep her self neat and have a high level of personal hygiene and dress well and do all the pre-intimacy acts before the main course of sex, if she gets tired easily and complains during/about his sexual acts, if she acts like a slab during the exercise, if she does not entice him with her dressings. This and lot more could derail a mans sexual appetite in his wife and ignite a fire for another strange woman.
I'd suggest the woman sits down with her husband ask hm what his challenges are and where she erred if any. Call in a marriage counsellor (who counselled them before marriage) and sort this out.

For you advocating for divorce in marriage shows you may not be married or even be a marriage breaker.

Unfollows thread.

Modified, you're not Nigerian, you know nothing about Nigerian cultures, religion and marriages.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by naijaboiy: 10:13am On Mar 11, 2017
kimbra:
A man who wants to cheat would do so. She needn't deny him sex for such to happen...some of them are "Dogs".
A man who would cheat would cheat but starving your man of sex can also lead him to make such decisions.

Before any partner wants to lay complaint he/she should check their past actions if it is connected to why their partner is behaving in such manner.

Regardless, everyone is expected to take responsibilities for their actions no doubt, but we just have to put it in mind that sometimes we push people to do what they ordinarily wouldn't do by our actions and we wouldn't even know.

So, Oga is wrong for sex chatting but whether that's enough reason for divorce is what I'm skeptical about.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 11, 2017
naijaboiy:

A man who would cheat would cheat but starving your man of sex can also lead him to make such decisions.

Before any partner wants to lay complaint he/she should check their past actions if it is connected to why their partner is behaving in such manner.

Regardless, everyone is expected to take responsibilities for their actions no doubt, but we just have to put it in mind that sometimes we push people to do what they ordinarily wouldn't do by our actions and we wouldn't even know.

So, Oga is wrong for sex chatting but whether that's enough reason for divorce is what I'm skeptical about.
You're right, good people snap. But if his wife pushed him to it either by sex-starve or constant nagging and it only ended as a sex chat then she should reconsider and rule divorce off.

She can't be strongly advocating for divorce if it ended as a sex chat, perhaps she's holding back on some information.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by naijaboiy: 10:42am On Mar 11, 2017
kimbra:
You're right, good people snap. But if his wife pushed him to it either by sex-starve or constant nagging and it only ended as a sex chat then she should reconsider and rule divorce off.

She can't be strongly advocating for divorce if it ended as a sex chat, perhaps she's holding back on some information.
yea that's my point.

And it's actually going to be really hard to convince the courts to give her a divorce with just an evidence of sex chats.

A person does not just file for divorce and gets it on a platter. She actually has to prove that whatever is her motive for filing for divorce is actually a good reason and is irreconcilable for both parties.

In this case, cheating is. It's just the evidence that's not strong.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by JONSYN7154: 10:52am On Mar 11, 2017
Michellla:
Who knows if he has been banging other women and not just sexchat?
What is "banging"?
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Adiwana: 10:53am On Mar 11, 2017
kingreign:

A woman may consciously be at fault if she denies him sexual encounters.
She may be unconsciously at fault if she don't keep her self neat and have a high level of personal hygiene and dress well and do all the pre-intimacy acts before the main course of sex, if she gets tired easily and complains during/about his sexual acts, if she acts like a slab during the exercise, if she does not entice him with her dressings. This and lot more could derail a mans sexual appetite in his wife and ignite a fire for another strange woman.
I'd suggest the woman sits down with her husband ask hm what his challenges are and where she erred if any. Call in a marriage counsellor (who counselled them before marriage) and sort this out.

For you advocating for divorce in marriage shows you may not be married or even be a marriage breaker.

Unfollows thread.

Modified, you're not Nigerian, you know nothing about Nigerian cultures, religion and marriages.

Ranting of a low life racist that can't take the heat in the kitchen or can't bring a superior argument to support his claims resorting to what he knows best,Tribe baiting. Who cares if he's Nigerian or nah.He gave his opinion on the matter and you gots to respect it.The OP didn't put Nigerian into the context and as such the situation should be treated as such.Not trying to play some stupid race card

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 11, 2017
naijaboiy:

yea that's my point.

And it's actually going to be really hard to convince the courts to give her a divorce with just an evidence of sex chats.

A person does not just file for divorce and gets it on a platter. She actually has to prove that whatever is her motive for filing for divorce is actually a good reason and is irreconcilable for both parties.

In this case, cheating is. It's just the evidence that's not strong.
You're on point.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by babyfaceafrica: 10:59am On Mar 11, 2017
I thought they said guys na in dey jealous?... So gals sef jealous?... Lolz..na dem sabi
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by kingreign(m): 11:05am On Mar 11, 2017
Adiwana:
[/b]
Ranting of a low life racist that can't take the heat in the kitchen or can't bring a superior argument to support his claims resorting to what he knows best,Tribe baiting. Who cares if he's Nigerian or nah.He gave his opinion on the matter and you gots to respect it.The OP didn't put Nigerian into the context and as such the situation should be treated as such.Not trying to play some stupid race card
You're a waste of skin.

5 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Apina(m): 1:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:
Tell her to proceed on the divorce. Infact, help her pay the bills of the law suit

Modified
----

To those saying it's not enough. I bet 80% of you are single and you have no idea indeed what contents are of marriage. Yes.

Marriage IS NOT a task! Neither is it some kind of Job or Project. It's not a do or die affair. It's a union where 2 happy people come together as 1. So your sister shouldn't be in such union as her happiness has been slain. Why live with a man knowing well, that he is sleeping with another woman? The thought of it alone can lead to depression. Let's be realistic.

Irrespective of how they sort it out and settle the dispute, the scar would always be there. When she see him making a call, she would be suspicious. If she see him greet a woman she would be suspicious. She would always have the thought that he is sleeping with other women though she may not express this. But she would never forget. And this is not good at all. So what is the point? Is it by force? Why live in depression especially when the woman he is chatting with looks better or sexier than she is.

So let her be.

P.s I'm a married man and yet, I don't encourage anyone to stay in a marriage where infidelity looms.
So Taking the high way when things get tough is the best option? Its really disappointing hearing this from someone who's married. If the case is that leaving would save her from depression based on some uncertain events u raised, what about the child? what would be his state of mind and how would that affect him on the long run? How selfish your suggestion is. Her leaving his house wouldn't change the fact that another woman will replace her immediately, but who's gonna pick her up? Our parents had their own fair share of such issues and even worse but they knew divorce wasn't an option and sorted things out.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by NemzySeries(m): 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
regardless of wat might av led to ur inlaw falling so cheap for infidelity i bliv hiz yet to understand dat marriage means TAKING A DECISION & STAYING WITH IT TO D END REGARDLESS OF D OUTCUM BKOS NO MARRIAGE IS PERFECT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2017
BoiledHead:

Guy ar u 4 real?
Why are you so alarmed.
She should do it for her peace of mind being a divorcee isnt the end of the world you know

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Tomjazzy2: 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2017
ShawttySoFyne:

Would you say this crap if the tables were turned?

I wonder why most of you guys here in romanceland lack that basic capacity to read and comprehend a simple argument/point with out necessarilly becoming uncivil undecided

After reading what I wrote up there, you feel I am an advocate of infidelity in marriages
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Apina(m): 1:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
BoiledHead:
My sister is about to put an end to her marriage in a very dangerous way. What happened?

She caught her husband sex chatting on whatsapp. She didn't even catch him physically sexing but chatting and she wants to put an end. Their son would be celebrating his 5 years birthday soon and is this the gift they wish to give the young chap?

I have tried my best to talk to her but I have no idea on how to go about this afterall, I'm single. She was like "what do you know about marriage?". The husband on the other hand hasn't taken my calls and he angrily left the house since 3 days.

Big bros and sis In the house, what advice can I give to my sister?
Tell ur sister that the moment she packs outta that house, he's gonna bring in another woman. Let her go ahead and mortgage her sons position and hers with a man she has struggled with cos she couldn't boss up to the situation @ hand and bring her man under Leash. Being a single mother isn't as easy as she's been seeing it on telemundo and female divorcées aren't smiled at in the African society.

8 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by eezeribe(m): 1:30pm On Mar 11, 2017
BoiledHead:
My sister is about to put an end to her marriage in a very dangerous way. What happened?

She caught her husband sex chatting on whatsapp. She didn't even catch him physically sexing but chatting and she wants to put an end. Their son would be celebrating his 5 years birthday soon and is this the gift they wish to give the young chap?

I have tried my best to talk to her but I have no idea on how to go about this afterall, I'm single. She was like "what do you know about marriage?". The husband on the other hand hasn't taken my calls and he angrily left the house since 3 days.

Big bros and sis In the house, what advice can I give to my sister?

They should all go and die.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by AntiWailer: 1:31pm On Mar 11, 2017
She should calm down.

now the guy has spent 3 days of real banging and not sexting again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 11, 2017
kingreign:

Tell your sister, to find a good man is hard, really hard, really really hard.
If he handles his responsibilities well, the issue of sexchatting or flirting (which can be checked anyways) is a small thing. So she saw a tiny bit of wood in the cereals she's gonna throw away the whole grains?
She had better woke up to her responsibilities, get a damn internet enabled phone and sexchat him too, then fulfil all his sexual fantacies when they meet in private.
9ce one!

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by sadifeelz: 1:31pm On Mar 11, 2017
mhmmm
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by DeRay98(m): 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2017
Freewoman:
If this is true, you have nothing to do here, reason been that both knows the best, sometimes you allow things to happen so that things should be fix, no marriage without challenges even more serious than this, let them fix it themselves, yes, themselves, .....please let the woman know too well that if she backs off another packs in,men are not ready for commitment now............. Many girls are waiting on her to go so that they will enter, plus, including me or her unmarried best friends oooooooooooh
Very candid opinion.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by tafabaloo(m): 1:33pm On Mar 11, 2017
The woman has been looking for an avenue to excuse herself from the marriage. Now, I think she has gotten one.

If I were you I would not advice her against divorcing her husband ,perhaps, there is an Angel waiting for her in the outside.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Firstcitizen: 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2017
Check if Mr Apostle 3some laid hands on him in the past.....therein lies the solution to their marriage problems grin grin grin grin
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by dannythethug: 1:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
Let her divorce.

She won't be the first and last.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of Babies Sleeping In Strange Ways Shock Twitter Users / Girl ‘Punches’ Nigerian Dad At US Army Promotion Ceremony (Video) / First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.