Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,524 members, 7,801,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) (22129 Views)

Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) / Land Grabbers Destroy Houses In Ajao Estate, Lagos (Pics) / Gov. Ambode At Signing Of Bond Deal With Issuing Houses At Lagos House, Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by Ajasco222: 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2017
According to an Instagram user, Opeyemi Oni, land grabbers popularly referred to as "Omo Onile" came with bulldozers to destroy houses and claim lands that do not belong to them at Oke Afa, Ajao Estate over a whopping sum of 2 million naira which they have been unable to pay.

Read her Story below;

"We are defenseless!
I woke up this morning to a heavy bulldozer in front of my house. This insane omo onile people just show up at oke afa,ajao estate Lagos, claiming ownership of lands that has been in existence before they were born. Destroying homes and properties! Despite the fact that we have paid so much money in time past, gone to court severally, dialogued with the oba of Ejigbo...all efforts to retain our houses and lands have been futile.
They even claimed that the Lagos state government under the leadership of Gov Akinwunmi Ambode @akinwunmiambode. We would like that you come to our aid sir. We are tired of this madness.
We have prayed, we have fasted , we have paid so much money I can't even begin to mention. We have even proved severally that these people have no business with this lands. Town planners and surveyor Generals have come to inspect and have proved that they have no lands here
We have no peace! We are defenseless! We are torn apart by these wicked acts
They are asking for each house on this okeafa road to pay a whooping 2million and I'm wondering where they expect us to get that money from. My aunt was in tears this morning even with her health conditions .
@akinwunmiambode We voted you because we trust that you would cause the desired change we seek . Kindly come to our aid! We need your help!
Finally we look to God to defend the defenseless, help the unhelped, comfort the widows who are been tortured with this wicked acts, strengthen us at times like this".

http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/03/how-land-grabbers-destroy-homes-in-ajao.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by Ajasco222: 12:23pm On Mar 11, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by Hector09(m): 12:25pm On Mar 11, 2017
Lagos=lawless state

2 Likes

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by emeijeh(m): 12:26pm On Mar 11, 2017
I can see that these Omo-oniles have become sophisticated, and gone ballistic.

Bullldozers?!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by Kondomatic(m): 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2017
Everything jaga jaga

1 Like

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by obiageIi(f): 12:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
Even though they claim to have a court order, I expect the state government to intervene

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by ta4ba3(m): 7:20am On Mar 12, 2017
G
Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by mrphysics(m): 7:21am On Mar 12, 2017
Omonile

1 Like

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by mosegifted: 7:21am On Mar 12, 2017
Today na Sunday oooo
Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by money121(m): 7:22am On Mar 12, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by emvico(m): 7:23am On Mar 12, 2017
the lagos state government should look into it and do something . cos this omo nile isue is getting out of hand

1 Like

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 12, 2017
jm
Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 12, 2017
Your Excellency Governor Ambode, over to you Sir.

I'll be honored to see pictures of the miscreants in chains by Wednesday latest.

Thank you Sir.

9 Likes

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by Sanuzi(m): 7:27am On Mar 12, 2017
WHAO
Ajasco222:
According to an Instagram user, Opeyemi Oni, land grabbers popularly referred to as "Omo Onile" came with bulldozers to destroy houses and claim lands that do not belong to them at Oke Afa, Ajao Estate over a whopping sum of 2 million naira which they have been unable to pay.

Read her Story below;

"We are defenseless!
I woke up this morning to a heavy bulldozer in front of my house. This insane omo onile people just show up at oke afa,ajao estate Lagos, claiming ownership of lands that has been in existence before they were born. Destroying homes and properties! Despite the fact that we have paid so much money in time past, gone to court severally, dialogued with the oba of Ejigbo...all efforts to retain our houses and lands have been futile.
They even claimed that the Lagos state government under the leadership of Gov Akinwunmi Ambode @akinwunmiambode. We would like that you come to our aid sir. We are tired of this madness.
We have prayed, we have fasted , we have paid so much money I can't even begin to mention. We have even proved severally that these people have no business with this lands. Town planners and surveyor Generals have come to inspect and have proved that they have no lands here
We have no peace! We are defenseless! We are torn apart by these wicked acts
They are asking for each house on this okeafa road to pay a whooping 2million and I'm wondering where they expect us to get that money from. My aunt was in tears this morning even with her health conditions .
@akinwunmiambode We voted you because we trust that you would cause the desired change we seek . Kindly come to our aid! We need your help!
Finally we look to God to defend the defenseless, help the unhelped, comfort the widows who are been tortured with this wicked acts, strengthen us at times like this".

http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/03/how-land-grabbers-destroy-homes-in-ajao.html
Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by Jerryojozy(m): 7:28am On Mar 12, 2017
someone built these house with hard earn money. Those guys are heartless.

Genius J

3 Likes

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by Blackfire(m): 7:29am On Mar 12, 2017
Do this id .iotic one pile knows how much they sell a piece of block or a bag of cement?

I don't blame them they are fo. Ols from other state claiming lagosians, disturbing hard working people.

5 Likes

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by Rexnegro(m): 7:29am On Mar 12, 2017
Omonile Have started again? 2m ko 100m ni ,these guys don't Have conscience at all....

2 Likes

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by eagleeye2: 7:30am On Mar 12, 2017
Sorry. Ndo. Kpele
Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by realGURU(m): 7:33am On Mar 12, 2017
Let them try this in the north, mhm
Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 7:35am On Mar 12, 2017
This is so wrong, the government should step in and chain these nuisance causing havoc to building owners, nonsense sad

2 Likes

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by jimoqua: 7:36am On Mar 12, 2017
omo onile and there wahala. They will not want to work, always looking for easy money . Ambode should come to their aid pls.
Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by okonja(m): 7:39am On Mar 12, 2017
They are so audacious that they even come with a bulldozer? undecided, Na wa for this Lagos madness oh!

8 Likes

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by vedaxcool(m): 7:41am On Mar 12, 2017
It will never be well with those bastardos.... Imagine leveling a house and having no authority to do such.

1 Like

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by sinistermind(m): 7:43am On Mar 12, 2017
This is pure madness, this almost happened at where I stay in ikorodu. Land/houses that have been in existence for so many years, then all of a sudden there's a "court order" that such land belongs to another family. These new "owners" of the land starts to demanding for ratification from landlords on the said lands in which failure to do so will result to demolishing of their houses by this family.
Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:45am On Mar 12, 2017
Ihateafonja:
I keep saying it is it not Jealousy
Afonja will sell land to Omo igbo, when they see them prospering they become jealous and want owo mi da....
My dear Afonja''s hustle like Omo igbo

PS: If you like sell ur land 100 million we will buy it and recoup, while ur Omo onile family squander all the money and return to Omo onile mode

1 Like

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by maclatunji: 7:54am On Mar 12, 2017
sinistermind:
This is pure madness, this almost happened at where I stay in ikorodu. Land/houses that have been in existence for so many years, then all of a sudden there's a "court order" that such land belongs to another family. These new "owners" of the land starts to demanding for ratification from landlords on the said lands in which failure to do so will result to demolishing of their houses by this family.

It is possibly a legitimate court order. Some court cases have been running since the 60s.
Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by stubornnn: 7:55am On Mar 12, 2017
Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by Ehinmola(m): 7:56am On Mar 12, 2017
Hmmmmmmm.........Gov Ambode please interven. We know you as. A no nonsense governor.
Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 12, 2017
Ihateafonja:
I keep saying it is it not Jealousy
Afonja will sell land to Omo igbo, when they see them prospering they become jealous and want owo mi da....
My dear Afonja''s hustle like Omo igbo

PS: If you like sell ur land 100 million we will buy it and recoup, while ur Omo onile family squander all the money and return to Omo onile mode
Grow up. Stop tribalising every thread you see. Where was any "omo igbo" mentioned in the post? undecided

5 Likes

Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 12, 2017
emeijeh:
I can see that these Omo-oniles have become sophisticated, and gone ballistic.

Bullldozers?!
Re: See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 12, 2017
Honestly I dont see this shìt happening in the north. People will come out and show you the error of your ways.
I wish these Lagosians will do the same

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Building Collapses On Deaf Shoemaker In Delta State After Heavy Rainfall. Photos / Why We Demolished 150 Shanties, Kiosks In Agege – Lagos Taskforce / Documents Required For Property Transfer In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.