Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice (32101 Views)

Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Vegetable Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by VastfinderBlog(m): 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
Nigerian fried rice is one of the most familiar ‘events-associated’ meal and carb as some people eat rice in one form or the other as frequently as on a daily basis.

Fried rice is an interesting and delicious form of rice which is perpetually prepared in many Nigerian kitchens. Consider following the steps below if you want to try your hands on making it.

How to Make Nigerian Fried Rice: Ingredients
*. Fresh water (straight from the tap)
*. 1 tablespoon of plain yellow curry powder
*. 100g cow liver
*. 1/3 Tin of mixed vegies (peas, carrots, green beans)
*. 1 teaspoon of chilli sauce
*. Chicken (whole chicken or chicken drumsticks)
*.½ teaspoon thyme
*. 2-4 seasoning cubes
*. 1 medium sliced onion
*. 1 teaspoon white pepper
*. 1 teaspoon curry powder
*. Salt

How to Make Nigerian Fried Rice: Cooking Directions
1. Cut the chicken and cook with curry and seasoning cubes. Add sliced onions and thyme.

2. Grill the chicken in an oven to give it a golden look.

3. Cook the cow liver and chop into tiny cubes when done. The liver and chicken can be cooked together.

4. Parboil the rice (this would see to it that the rice doesn’t stick together) rinse and drain the water.

5. Put the chicken and liver (with all the content) in a sieve to get out the water.

6. Heat the chicken and liver water to boil; add the parboiled rice.

Add salt to taste and 1 tablespoon of curry powder.

7. Stir content vigorously for 2-3 minutes; cover it up and leave to cook on medium heat.

8. Transfer the cooked rice to another pot (to avoid it sticking together).

9. Divide the rice into 4 or 5 batches (depending on the size of your pot/frying pan).

10. Divide the diced cow liver and chicken into the same number of batch you divide the rice to.

11. Add a minute quantity of vegetable oil into the pot/frying pan for around 30 seconds. Add the diced liver and chicken, add some onions then follow up with one batch of the rice.

12. Repeat step 11 for the 4 batches of rice. Add more salt or curry powder if necessary.

13. After all the batches are done; heat the fried rice together with the mixed vegies (peas, carrots, green beans) in medium heat for 1-2 minutes.

Your fried rice is ready to be served.

Note: This is a simpler method which can be used instead of using a wok.

Be sure to serve or refrigerate quickly as fried rice gets spoilt very fast. As fast as losing its taste the same day it was cooked.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/03/recipe-how-to-prepare-nigerian-yummy.html

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, ishilove, dominique, AmakaOne, MissyB3, Sissy3

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by VastfinderBlog(m): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2017
CHECKOUT MORE YUMMILICIOUS PHOTOS AND RECIPE TUTORIAL.
Do you have any question to ask?
Drop it Here for quick response=>>> http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/03/recipe-how-to-prepare-nigerian-yummy.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by Omotayor123(f): 5:45pm On Mar 11, 2017
This fried rice get as he betongue

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by veekid(m): 5:54pm On Mar 11, 2017

fried rice wey I dey arrange everyday for my ows.....easy and simple
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by Omakraid(f): 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
No probs
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by femijunior4(m): 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
grin grin cool lol Christy don suffer today na rice I go chop.I don change my mine.

5 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
Whyyyyyy You just gave Ghanians our secret recipè. We no longer have bragging rights! Chai. Op, I will not forgive you for this!

11 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by D33VA(f): 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
Canned veggies? What happened to fresh?
Be careful what you put in your bodies people

11 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by 0b10010011: 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2017

Rather invest in Okro soup!

#TeamOkroSoup

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by czarina(f): 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by Jodforex(m): 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
grin

16 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by Jayson504(m): 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
Nice one....
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by Vizzim: 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
Fried rice always dey run my belle. Nevertheless, i go chop dis one due 2 hunger go toilet Lerra. grin

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by ajaxtea(m): 5:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
Uhmmmmm
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by charly: 5:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
I'am hungry right now!
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
Bookmarked!
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
this rice is well garnished cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by FlawlesRebirth02(f): 6:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
which one is FRESH WATER, (straight from the tap) e join the ingredients?

is it force to use water from tap?

3 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by fernandooleku(m): 6:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
All dis stress on top rice? in fact, i no need fry my own rice, i go just cook white rice and add colouring. You cannor coman kill me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by martineverest(m): 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2017
To much consumption of canned foods in Nigeria these days...... Cancerization of Nigeria
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2017
You won't get your desired taste if prepared that way...this'one of the reasons why I don't eat fried rice from eatries.Always looking colourful Bt tasteless

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by ogorwyne(f): 6:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
Omotayor123:
This fried rice get as he betongue
I swear. e be like white rice when dem mix with vegetables

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
Rice of life
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by trendymarseey(f): 6:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
Okkkk...
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by Vizzim: 6:06pm On Mar 11, 2017
FlawlesRebirth02:
which one is FRESH WATER, (straight from the tap) e join the ingredients?

is it force to use water from tap?

No it not force. One can use water from the shower.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by slurryeye: 6:06pm On Mar 11, 2017
Yummy has a new meaning now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 11, 2017
VastfinderBlog:

Nigerian fried rice is one of the most familiar ‘events-associated’ meal and carb as some people eat rice in one form or the other as frequently as on a daily basis.

Fried rice is an interesting and delicious form of rice which is perpetually prepared in many Nigerian kitchens. Consider following the steps below if you want to try your hands on making it.

How to Make Nigerian Fried Rice: Ingredients
*. Fresh water (straight from the tap)
*. 1 tablespoon of plain yellow curry powder
*. 100g cow liver
*. 1/3 Tin of mixed vegies (peas, carrots, green beans)
*. 1 teaspoon of chilli sauce
*. Chicken (whole chicken or chicken drumsticks)
*.½ teaspoon thyme
*. 2-4 seasoning cubes
*. 1 medium sliced onion
*. 1 teaspoon white pepper
*. 1 teaspoon curry powder
*. Salt

How to Make Nigerian Fried Rice: Cooking Directions
1. Cut the chicken and cook with curry and seasoning cubes. Add sliced onions and thyme.

2. Grill the chicken in an oven to give it a golden look.

3. Cook the cow liver and chop into tiny cubes when done. The liver and chicken can be cooked together.

4. Parboil the rice (this would see to it that the rice doesn’t stick together) rinse and drain the water.

5. Put the chicken and liver (with all the content) in a sieve to get out the water.

6. Heat the chicken and liver water to boil; add the parboiled rice.

Add salt to taste and 1 tablespoon of curry powder.

7. Stir content vigorously for 2-3 minutes; cover it up and leave to cook on medium heat.

8. Transfer the cooked rice to another pot (to avoid it sticking together).

9. Divide the rice into 4 or 5 batches (depending on the size of your pot/frying pan).

10. Divide the diced cow liver and chicken into the same number of batch you divide the rice to.

11. Add a minute quantity of vegetable oil into the pot/frying pan for around 30 seconds. Add the diced liver and chicken, add some onions then follow up with one batch of the rice.

12. Repeat step 11 for the 4 batches of rice. Add more salt or curry powder if necessary.

13. After all the batches are done; heat the fried rice together with the mixed vegies (peas, carrots, green beans) in medium heat for 1-2 minutes.

Your fried rice is ready to be served.

Note: This is a simpler method which can be used instead of using a wok.

Be sure to serve or refrigerate quickly as fried rice gets spoilt very fast. As fast as losing its taste the same day it was cooked.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/03/recipe-how-to-prepare-nigerian-yummy.html

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, ishilove, dominique, AmakaOne, MissyB3, Sissy3
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by viexcey(f): 6:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
e be like coconut rice with veggies. The veggies pass the rice gaan
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by dacblogger: 6:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
The rice looks funny... sad
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by kstyle2(m): 6:09pm On Mar 11, 2017
Apostle will hear of this. See temptation
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by VastfinderBlog(m): 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2017
beatcoins:
Whyyyyyy You just gave Ghanians our secret recipè. We no longer have bragging rights! Chai. Op, I will not forgive you for this!

Lol...lets just share with them.

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice by FlawlesRebirth02(f): 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2017
Vizzim:

No it not force. One can use water from the shower.
. even elegunshi beach water,, as long as na water. grin; grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easy And Tasty Beef Potato Veggie! A Healthy Lunch Or Dinner Idea (Photos,Video) / How Do You Eat Your Mango? (Photos) / Kemi Olunloyo Blasts Mega Chicken Restaurant After They Refuted Claims She Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.