Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,087 members, 7,807,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida (28243 Views)

Uche Secondus Visits Babangida With PDP NWC Ahead Of 2019 Elections / Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press / Breaking!! Even If Referendum Happens I Will Still Rule Over The Entire Country! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by deantimes(m): 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
Former military President Ibrahim Babangida (IBB) says PDP can rule for 60 years “provided it can put its house in order”.

IBB said this on Saturday when he received leaders of the party at his Hilltop mansion in Minna, Niger state capital.

He claimed that PDP is the only political party, whose presence had been felt, known and accepted by the people.

“PDP’s presence is felt not only in Abuja or Lagos, but down to the lowest level,” he said.

“If you go to the grassroots, the ordinary man will talk about PDP; that is the asset the party has and should use to spring back to reckoning.

“Already, it is accepted and known. All you have to do is work harder and try to convince the people back to your fold.”

He also re-echoed his support for a two-party system, and declared that it was the best option toward deepening democracy.

“Gradually, my earlier suggestion about the practice of a two-party system is gradually coming to the fore in the country,” he said.

“In 1999, when I was advocating for a two-party system, some of my colleagues had their doubts, but I told them that it provides a choice, which is the first essence of democracy.”

Earlier, Jerry Gana, head of the delegation, had urged the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to allow opposition political parties to always voice their opinion on issues.

Gana also advised the APC to allow rival parties to develop so as to offer Nigerians other options “at all times”.

“The presence of opposition is key to democratic growth; we must allow Nigerians to listen to the other side,” he said.

He described Babangida as “a visionary leader, who read the future and advocated a two-party system long ago”.

https://www.thecable.ng/pdp-can-still-rule-60-years-says-ibb

3 Likes

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by micfoley: 9:06pm On Mar 11, 2017
Which Nigeria?

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by LordIsaac(m): 9:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
In his grave

33 Likes

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by fallout87: 9:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
Has the PDP stopped ruling?

What is the difference between APC and PDP anyways? Even the same people are in the parties.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by deantimes(m): 9:12pm On Mar 11, 2017
That's only if you will live to testify.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by hucienda: 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2017
He knows no difference. Both parties are two faces of the same coin - just that this current face in power is more propagandist and woeful economically.

Or what is the difference, say, between Speaker Tambuwal and Governor Tambuwal? Or no be di same pesin again dat was a so-called 'thief' in the PDP that is now all of a sudden a so-called 'saint' in the APC? Jokers.

So the 'party' is still on course for their target as IBB enthused here.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 11, 2017
Maradona himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by GavelSlam: 9:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
Yawn.

I'm sure he means under the leadership of Sheriff.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by damilolammm(m): 9:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
cool

RULE KOH. RULER NI

LIKE SAY UNA EVEN WORTH AM SEF undecided

Coman fight me. I'm in my house

READ HOW TO MAKE YOUR D-I-C-K FULLY ERECTED, AND THANK ME LATER

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by Ermacc: 9:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
This old cargo thinks we are still in that era were he and his friends ruled over brainless chickens. We are now aware of our environment, if you don't perform, we kick you out.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by auntysimbiat(f): 9:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
Hmm
Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
APC = PDP grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by negz1(m): 9:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
tiri gbosa for u .... ole

3 Likes

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by Thisis2raw(m): 10:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
micfoley:
Which Nigeria?
this Nigeria

Asin Federal Republic of Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by Thisis2raw(m): 10:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
Come 2019 we will start counting the 60years

4 Likes

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by BlindAngel: 10:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
micfoley:
Which Nigeria?
LordIsaac:
In his grave
deantimes:
That's only if you will live to testify.
GavelSlam:
Yawn.

Thisis2raw:
Come 2019 we will start counting the 60years
lonelydora:
Chukwu aju!! God forbid it. 16 years of their rule wasn't funny not to talk of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 years
clickwtB:
God forbid!!!! cry undecided
AbuSaad39:
This man yaff funny ehn, the dead PDP or he has another one?
segebase:
u must b high on fura
Deseo:
We reject you!
We reject your origin!
Fiiiirrrrrreeeeeeee!
See them....See them....See them
Zombies, flooding every pages of nairaland with their useless comments......idiats

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by Slynonny(m): 10:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
Yes they can.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by lordraiden(m): 10:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
I just hate poli- thieves don't know y

1 Like

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by lonelydora: 10:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
Tufia! Chukwu aju!! God forbid it. 16 years of their rule wasn't funny not to talk of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 years

7 Likes

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by slurryeye: 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2017
This one self dey get mouth to talk for Naija political affair

Abeg make I hear Fela song jor:

Who kill Dele Giwa,
Na Baba,
Who kill Dele Giwa,
Na Baba,
If you put am Ngida,
Na your own palaver eh

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by clickwtB(m): 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2017

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by AbuSaad39(m): 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2017
This man yaff funny ehn, the dead PDP or he has another one?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by segebase(m): 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2017
u must b high on fura

4 Likes

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by AntiWailer: 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2017
grin grin

Old age.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by odogwu2007(m): 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2017
For two party system I concur but for that 60yrs talk bros that one na fish talk

4 Likes

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by SalamRushdie: 10:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
PDP is still in power , they only changed their identity ...only fools don't know this

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
We reject you!
We reject your origin!
Fiiiirrrrrreeeeeeee!

1 Like

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by deebsman1(m): 10:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
just bought dis land, dunno what to use am do.

strolling out, cat walk style.

Anoda sensational headline
Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by jbaby265(f): 10:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
I have heard.. Till then as for now.. Osibanjo is ruling

1 Like

Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by BlindAngel: 10:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
GavelSlam:
Yawn.
Re: PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 11, 2017
African democracies have reigns. Everywhere else has governance.

Where else are elected officials addressed as "Your Excellency"? Can we just call this system of government something else

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Currently Attacking Dapchi, Yobe Community / Bukola Saraki Celebrates His Wife, Toyin On Her 55th Birthday / Jigawa: Governor, Deputy, Emir Shun Osinbajo’s Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.