Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,527 members, 7,808,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying (24173 Views)

Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less / Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by she234: 9:24am On Mar 12, 2017
Hello everyone, I started working in 2013 after completing the compulsory NYSC. I finished with a 2.2 although narrowly missed out on 2.1.

I got a job in a funny industry (logistics and supply chain). I thought the industry was funny because I had hoped to start working in oil and gas and earning good six digits from the first day, lol.
I picked the job earning 5 digits as a contract staff and started learning the rudiments of logistics. Although there were times the salary was very discouraging, I stayed on the job because I wanted to build my experience. I remained a contract staff for over a year but gained good experience. Although I was offered permanent employment with improved pay, I wasn't satisfied because I knew deep down in my heart that I deserved more. I Was very loyal to my bosses and kept fighting on my knees and got some cool certifications.

My job came by referral, A foreigner that has worked with me before headhunted me, I didn't need to undergo any form of interview. My interview was just a chat, briefing me about the new role and the profile of the company I was to join. My new salary is more than 3 times what I earned in the previous company with other mouth-watering benefits attached.

I kept praying for a ''miracle job'' the whole time and also told God I didn't care how he would do it. I got disappointed many times after going for interviews with my experience and wasn't called back/got regret mails. I didn't know God was preparing mine to be a complete miracle.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I sincerely hope my story can inspire someone. Happy Sunday!!!

364 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 12, 2017
Sure hope it'd do (one day). Thanks for sharing.

Congrats again on your new job.

.....but I can be your He234 you know wink wink cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by profstar(m): 9:28am On Mar 12, 2017
I'm happy for you bro, congrat, I also got a new job, will be posting my new experience soon

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by serverconnect(m): 9:32am On Mar 12, 2017
Congratuloobia

1 Like

Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by vicben27(m): 10:00am On Mar 12, 2017
we all had to strt frm some wer congratulations bro! i tap into dis blessing!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by Sunclinton(m): 10:01am On Mar 12, 2017
Congrats bro in your new job, God has uplifted you i pray God remember me too

1 Like

Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 12, 2017
Happy for u broh, mean y God I'm tabling my problem b4 u get me my own job b4 the end of this month.

Bsc mat/comp.sci 2.1

SERVICES
1. Computer appreciation
2. Web designing
3. Online registration
4. Corporate training
5. Software Training
6. Graphics designing
7. systems repair, installation and troubleshooting etc
KEY COMPETENCIES
- Microsoft office proficient.
- PowerPoint, CorelDraw, Photoshop,fireworks, Illustrator, PageMaker etc.
- Html, C++, CSS, Php, WordPress, blogger
- Diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair. System integration and data
migration
- Customer relationship management and Strong problem solving abilities
- Performance monitoring and optimization. Multi-tasking and project
management
contact
babs4realscience@yahoo.com
Thanks.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by detagabriel(m): 11:55am On Mar 12, 2017
congratulation bro...this is just the begining of greater heights...

pls incase of any opening, am available,
chemical engineering (2.2).
God bless you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by Tazdroid(m): 12:40pm On Mar 12, 2017
Congratulations. Never stop trying, that's the spirit of resilience
Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by Erums(m): 12:47pm On Mar 12, 2017
Congrats bro... God bless
Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by Austa20: 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2017
congratulations I tap into ur blessings Amen. I need job even if is ur formal place of work. akuen27@gmail.com
Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by trebron(m): 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2017
Congrats.
Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by Vizzim: 3:28pm On Mar 12, 2017
Congratulations
Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by UEDIBO: 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2017
congratulations.
i graduated since 2008 but i am still searching. pls God answer my Call
HND Electronics & Telecom.
PGD in Education.
PGD in Information Technology
M.Sc In View.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 12, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Good for you man.
Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 12, 2017
Everybody just dey talk "congrats bro" , you know if na babe ?
Abi babes no deserve better paying jobs? grin

8 Likes

Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by damola1: 4:04pm On Mar 12, 2017
Best kind of job. Referrals!
Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by Austema(m): 4:04pm On Mar 12, 2017
May the lord guide and protect you all your days at the your working place

1 Like

Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by Tobyshegz(m): 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2017
ok
Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by uzeba(m): 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2017
congratulations!
Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by ekems2017(f): 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2017
Congrats on your mouth watering job. We celebrate with you. For those of us still wating, God will visit us also and we shall come to nairaland to share our testimony.
Once more congrats!!!

13 Likes

Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by idbami2(m): 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2017
No go dey run after woman fr there o.. Na yyour wrk make yyou face..

1 Like

Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by OgidiOlu3(m): 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2017
Austa20:
congratulations I tap into ur blessings Amen. I need job even if is ur formal place of work. akuen27@gmail.com
Keep tapping o, palmwine tapper. And it's "former". tongue

1 Like

Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by divinelove(m): 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2017
Congrats let me kw when d first salary drops make we go buzz grin grin grin
Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by Nickymezor(f): 4:08pm On Mar 12, 2017
Congrats OP.
Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by janejive(f): 4:08pm On Mar 12, 2017
congratulations, enjoy ur new role
Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:08pm On Mar 12, 2017
Ok
Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by Kaxmytex(m): 4:08pm On Mar 12, 2017
Congratulationlobia
Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by jadajada: 4:10pm On Mar 12, 2017
Congratulations. I tap into your blessing.
Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by Dandsome: 4:10pm On Mar 12, 2017
Okay... First of all, let me start by saying congratulations... But why your story come be like parables thru out?

I picked the job earning 5 digits as a contract staff and started learning the rudiments of logistics. Although there were times the salary was very discouraging

My new salary is more than 3 times what I earned in the previous company with other mouth-watering benefits attached.

Na crime if you give us the figures? Congratulations once more again.

3 Likes

Re: Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying by ephi123(f): 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2017
she234:
Hello everyone, I started working in 2013 after completing the compulsory NYSC. I finished with a 2.2 although narrowly missed out on 2.1.

I got a job in a funny industry (logistics and supply chain). I thought the industry was funny because I had hoped to start working in oil and gas and earning good six digits from the first day, lol.
I picked the job earning 5 digits as a contract staff and started learning the rudiments of logistics. Although there were times the salary was very discouraging, I stayed on the job because I wanted to build my experience. I remained a contract staff for over a year but gained good experience. Although I was offered permanent employment with improved pay, I wasn't satisfied because I knew deep down in my heart that I deserved more. I Was very loyal to my bosses and kept fighting on my knees and got some cool certifications.

My job came by referral, A foreigner that has worked with me before headhunted me, I didn't need to undergo any form of interview. My interview was just a chat, briefing me about the new role and the profile of the company I was to join. My new salary is more than 3 times what I earned in the previous company with other mouth-watering benefits attached.

I kept praying for a ''miracle job'' the whole time and also told God I didn't care how he would do it. I got disappointed many times after going for interviews with my experience and wasn't called back/got regret mails. I didn't know God was preparing mine to be a complete miracle.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I sincerely hope my story can inspire someone. Happy Sunday!!!

First of all, congrats OP.

And just to add, it's such a small world, you never know where you will meet someone, or when they would recommend you for something you don't even expect. If you had been slack when you worked with this guy, he wouldn't have bothered.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview / I Just Received NNPC 2019 Recruitment Invitation (who Else Is Shortlisted)? / How To Increase Your Chance Of Getting Desired Job After Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.