Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,706 members, 7,805,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Unfinished Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unfinished Projects (400 Views)

Buhari Postpones FEC Meeting Over Unfinished Budget / Fayose Wears Military Outfit To Supervise Projects In Ekiti(photos) / Ambode Inspects Abule Egba Flyover And Other Projects (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unfinished Projects by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2017
Growing up as a Nigerian and traversing a host of Nigerian cities in the course of my development, I've stumbled on so much unfinished projects that I can now conveniently estimate the number of such within the country. Based on that, I would estimate the amount of such projects since civillian rule, to be more than the fully executed ones- just look around your neighbourhood and see if you won't find at least one of such. Our politicians as we know, win contracts and squander the funds in the process of trying to execute it, eventually leaving the project unfinished. Although this is not new, the most concerning part of it is that there was a dream, an intention, a goodwill, etc that led to the awarding of the contract, mostly by the executive.

This simply means we have more half-baked plans than the actualised ones since the inception of the civillian dispensation! The Vanguard of Dec. 28. 2016 estimates the value of such projects nation-wide at more than #5trn, which would finance the entire country for a year, including several big projects. Premium Times of 24. Nov. 2012 estimates over 12, 000 federal projects alone making the cut. A practical one in my neighbourhood in Makurdi is the Industrial Layout, having a dream of processing agricultural products of Benue origin. We also have the Taraku mills which was to roduce groundnut oil for Benue people and even export! What of the Shiroro power project in Niger State?

Now to the question: why can't the Government of the day look into these projects, check exactly what went wrong, continue with the relevant ones and sell off the irrelevant ones- they should be very decisive in this. Developing such projects simply means spending less to get the needful. After those, they can take it from there in terms of new projects. What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

Forget The Hype Of Diversity: Here's A Proof Cultural Homogeneity May Be Better / On Recession, Humility And The Culture Of Begging By Festus Ogun - Eyesoflagos / Church Is Misleading The People, Buhari Is The Special One – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.