Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,939 members, 7,799,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Is INCORPORATION The Right Word For A Church Name - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is INCORPORATION The Right Word For A Church Name (438 Views)

Is It Proper For A Church To Ask A Member The Source Of His Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is INCORPORATION The Right Word For A Church Name by zlantanfan: 5:49pm On Mar 12, 2017
All over the country especially Nigeria Pentecostal church which springs up every second of the day the naming of churches seems the ultimate deal to these "men of God" who majority are pastorpreneurs.

After the long catching name comes the INT, INC.

eg THE LOVE OF OUR GOD INT INC.

I do find this offensive at times as it paints the picture of a church whose sole aim is to dupe members and have the ambition of only expanding and creating branches just to get the daddy g. o tittle.
Many in my view want to establish a business and set their site on having branches abroad.

My point exactly is the world INT and INC should it be necessary in church name considering how it has been used.
Is the church a company or an organization, Even backyard churches of pastor and family that hasn't been registered call itself this.

I watched on TV how a pastor wife of one something INT INC church was complaining of flooding affecting their church. In her word she said its affecting my church business.

Is The Church a Business, how did we get here
Re: Is INCORPORATION The Right Word For A Church Name by zlantanfan: 5:49pm On Mar 12, 2017
d

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Enchanted Gifts... / Opinions Needed: Will Soldier Make Heaven / How My Sister Died And Went To Hell, Her Encounter With Demons (part 4)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.