Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak (1257 Views)

My Car Engine Won't Start After Ringing / 10 Common Reasons Why Your Car Won't Start & How To Fix It / White Smoke After Oil Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak by wizard007(m): 7:30pm On Mar 12, 2017
Drove home on Friday and then wanted to go get something few streets away, I drove out again after moving about 200 meters car engine went off, I was alarmed but then I didn't notice anything unusual then I restarted the engine again, moved for another 200 meters before it went off again and wouldn't start.

so I push parked it to the side of the road and went back home, on getting there the next morning I figured the somp had a whole and I've lost all my oil, so could my engine be possibly damaged or if I changed the somp and put back oil in there would it start working.

My mechanic said I might need a new crank shift, what are the pros and cons of this situation. Experts please
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak by wizard007(m): 8:28pm On Mar 12, 2017
Advice please
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak by mayor2013: 9:22pm On Mar 12, 2017
You drove a whole car and oil leaked out embarassed.this is serious. Good news your car still has a second chance to come back to life. Bad news am afraid you need to get a replacement engine if your story is actually same as what has happened.
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak by kingreign(m): 6:07am On Mar 13, 2017
wizard007:
Advice please
You mean you didn't see this when driving? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak by diportivo: 8:22am On Mar 13, 2017
Replacement engine loading

3 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak by dokyOloye: 6:38pm On Mar 13, 2017
If U moved just 200 metres then U might be lucky,just weld Ur bottom plate,pour oil,start d car and listen for knock sound.
U might be lucky,engine might still be good.
This is based on my experience wt a volkwagen Bora,though d culprit was a non working oil pump after a bottom plate change where d Kazeem applied excess gasket gum.
By d way,d oil pressure light/alarm in a 2010 car should've been practically screaming at that stage,so,wetin happen

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak by wizard007(m): 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
dokyOloye:
If U moved just 200 metres then U might be lucky,just weld Ur bottom plate,pour oil,start d car and listen for knock sound.
U might be lucky,engine might still be good.
This is based on my experience wt a volkwagen Bora,though d culprit was a non working oil pump after a bottom plate change where d Kazeem applied excess gasket gum.
By d way,d oil pressure light/alarm in a 2010 car should've been practically screaming at that stage,so,wetin happen

Thanks Doc, I've done exactly that and car is running well, just scared and alarmed when the kazeem said engine is damaged, was probably trying to rip me off, I messed up my kick in the process though and had to replace that one too, but it started once that was fixed and so far it's running well.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak by Lokoyen(m): 1:09pm On Mar 14, 2017
Your car was programmed to stop working (fail-safe) once the oil is below the normal gauge. Its only recent cars that are equipped with such technology. God help you the oil sensor is not tampered with else the engine would have shutdown completely.

Most generators comes with same technology one your oil gauge is below normal the engine won't start unless the oil is topped.
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak by wizard007(m): 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2017
Lokoyen:
Your car was programmed to stop working (fail-safe) once the oil is below the normal gauge. Its only recent cars that are equipped with such technology. God help you the oil sensor is not tampered with else the engine would have shutdown completely.

Most generators comes with same technology one your oil gauge is below normal the engine won't start unless the oil is topped.

True talk, I thought about the generator example when it happened just didn't want to give myself a yes considering its two different machine
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak by nurey(m): 1:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
wizard007:

True talk, I thought about the generator example when it happened just didn't want to give myself a yes considering its two different machine

if you hear a knocking sound, excessive smoke (black unmetered harmful environment degrading soot like smoke grin) if not, you can ask the opinion of a second technician. Besides if the engine has a problem there a ways you will notice while driving.
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak by wizard007(m): 10:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
nurey:

if you hear a knocking sound, excessive smoke (black unmetered harmful environment degrading soot like smoke grin) if not, you can ask the opinion of a second technician. Besides if the engine has a problem there a ways you will notice while driving.

So far sir I have not seen/hear any symptoms like that and it's been 3 days now since it's been fixed. Is it safe to say that there's no cause for alarm
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak by nurey(m): 7:37am On Mar 16, 2017
wizard007:

So far sir I have not seen/hear any symptoms like that and it's been 3 days now since it's been fixed. Is it safe to say that there's no cause for alarm

Your sins are forgiven, go my child and sin no more grin
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak by wizard007(m): 8:18am On Mar 16, 2017
nurey:

Your sins are forgiven, go my child and sin no more grin

LOL

(1) (Reply)

Help On Multiple Obd Codes Toyota / Thread Modifying / Importing Pontiac Cars To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.