Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. (12509 Views)

Who Wrote The Quran? / 'Be Like the People Of Aboo Bakr And Umar' / Secrets Of Quran 18,Surah Al-Kahf (The Cave) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by AlBaqir(m): 4:15am On Mar 21, 2017
tintingz:

From the hadith I presented in this thread, It shows Muslims were having various copies of Quran that differs during Uthman era.

The Quran can be compiled during Muhammad (SA)'s era, even while on sick bed he ordered for pen and book but Abu bakr stopped prophet Muhammad from writing any document. This alone shows the Quran can be compiled during his time no excuse. It can be written down on a book as He was recieving the revelations not after his death.

And to the division among muslims, Quran is part of it, can Quran interpret itself? Are humans not the ones interpreting the Quran to support thier whims and desire.? The Ahmadiyyas said "Ahmad" in the Quran was referring to their master Ahmad Ghulam, Shia said some verses in the Quran was referring to Ali and many other interpretations. You can see Quran is not left out.

# It was Umar Ibn al-Khattab that prevented Nabi and not Abu Bakr. The later was not even at the scene.

# The word of prophet at his sick bed was, " Bring me pen and paper so I can write a Document for you which if follow, you will NEVER go astray". And Umar said, "The prophet has been possessed by the illness he is suffering from; we have the Quran with us and it is sufficient".

* In another narrations, some condemned Sahabah present there said, "He (the prophet) is mentally derailed".

# Shia are of the firm opinion that Quran was compiled at the time of Nabi.

* The fact that it was revealed in stages for 23 years and after every revelation, there are scribes who write it down under the guidanceship of Nabi himself.

* There are ahadith which say Jubril came to review Quran twice at the last year of the Prophet on earth.

If you sum the two point above, definitely Quran must have been written and arranged in a particular order and style.

* Between the last revealed verse and the death of Nabi, there was at least 6 months gap. His sickness was just couple of days (4 days) till he breathed his last. If Quran is the utmost message he brought, why will he left it unarranged, in pieces, one parch with Mr A, another with Mr B till he died? What exactly will be the completeness of his work?

* Part of Nabi's last speech in Arafat says thus, " O mankind! I have left over you two weighty things that so long you adhere to it (both), you will never go. astray; the BOOK of Allah and my progeny, my Ahl al-bayt. The two will never separate from each other till they meet me at the hawd (on the day of judgment)".

The above hadith is widely reported in various versions.

# If Quran is not yet compiled and arranged, why would the prophet refer to it as "Book" when he can easily used other fitting phrase denoting unarranged book?

# Besides, at his deathbed, Umar himself equally refer to "Book of God". And we expect the prophet especially at his sickbed to give direct order for the compilation and arrangement of the Quran had it been that it has not been arranged and compiled.

# Sunni stories on the compilation and arrangement of the Quran if it is true cast a huge doubt on the intention and action on those who said to have rearrange and recompiled Qur'an.

* Abu Bakr and Umar had said to have compiled Quran and used for around 16 years of their combined reign. Perhaps they still preserve the 7 styles of Quran revelation and reading just as Nabi left it (altogether).

* Uthman came to the helm, review the work of his predecessors and was not satisfied obviously, dismantled their work, destroyed all the styles of the Quran except that of the " Qurayshi style".

Alas according to Sunni authentic hadith! Even after this, a Qurayshi (Abdullah ibn Abbas) who no doubt was more knowledgeable than Uthman cast doubt on a verse of the Quran saying that was not the way it was revealed.

There is a huge problem in those so-called stories of compilation. And I personally believe that those stories were fabricated to give huge credit to the first three caliphs (as you can read part of what s.ino posted). Unfortunately the fabricators were not smart enough to close all doors of suspicion.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by AlBaqir(m): 4:17am On Mar 21, 2017
tintingz:

From the hadith I presented in this thread, It shows Muslims were having various copies of Quran that differs during Uthman era.

The Quran can be compiled during Muhammad (SA)'s era, even while on sick bed he ordered for pen and book but Abu bakr stopped prophet Muhammad from writing any document. This alone shows the Quran can be compiled during his time no excuse. It can be written down on a book as He was recieving the revelations not after his death.

And to the division among muslims, Quran is part of it, can Quran interpret itself? Are humans not the ones interpreting the Quran to support thier whims and desire.? The Ahmadiyyas said "Ahmad" in the Quran was referring to their master Ahmad Ghulam, Shia said some verses in the Quran was referring to Ali and many other interpretations. You can see Quran is not left out.

# It was Umar Ibn al-Khattab that prevented Nabi and not Abu Bakr. The later was not even at the scene.

# The word of prophet at his sick bed was, " Bring me pen and paper so I can write a Document for you which if follow, you will NEVER go astray". And Umar said, "The prophet has been possessed by the illness he is suffering from; we have the Book of God with us and it is sufficient".

* In another narrations, some condemned Sahabah present there said, "He (the prophet) is mentally derailed".

* The fact that it was revealed in stages for 23 years and after every revelation, there are scribes who write it down under the guidanceship of Nabi himself.

* There are ahadith which say Jubril came to review Quran twice at the last year of the Prophet on earth.

If you sum the two point above, definitely Quran must have been written and arranged in a particular order and style.

* Between the last revealed verse and the death of Nabi, there was at least 6 months gap. His sickness was just couple of days (4 days) till he breathed his last. If Quran is the utmost message he brought, why will he left it unarranged, in pieces, one parch with Mr A, another with Mr B till he died? What exactly will be the completeness of his work?

* Part of Nabi's last speech in Arafat says thus, " O mankind! I have left over you two weighty things that so long you adhere to it (both), you will never go. astray; the BOOK of Allah and my progeny, my Ahl al-bayt. The two will never separate from each other till they meet me at the hawd (on the day of judgment)".

# If Quran is not yet compiled and arranged, why would the prophet refer to it as "Book" when he can easily used other fitting phrase denoting unarranged book?

# Besides, at his deathbed, Umar himself equally refer to "Book of God". And we expect the prophet especially at his sickbed to give direct order for the compilation and arrangement of the Quran had it been that it has not been arranged and compiled.

# Sunni stories on the compilation and arrangement of the Quran if it is true cast a huge doubt on the intention and action on those who said to have rearrange and recompiled Qur'an.

* Abu Bakr and Umar had said to have compiled Quran and used for around 16 years of their combined reign. Perhaps they still preserve the 7 styles of Quran revelation and reading just as Nabi left it (altogether).

* Uthman came to the helm, review the work of his predecessors and was not satisfied obviously, dismantled their work, destroyed all the styles of the Quran except that of the " Qurayshi style".

Alas according to Sunni authentic hadith! Even after this, a Qurayshi (Abdullah ibn Abbas) who no doubt was more knowledgeable than Uthman cast doubt on a verse of the Quran saying that was not the way it was revealed.

There is a huge problem in those so-called stories of compilation. And I personally believe that those stories were fabricated to give huge credit to the first three caliphs (as you can read part of what s.ino posted). Unfortunately the fabricators were not smart enough to close all doors of suspicion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 4:33am On Mar 21, 2017
AlBaqir:

# The word of prophet at his sick bed was, " Bring me pen and paper so I can write a Document for you which if follow, you will NEVER go astray". And Umar said, "The prophet has been possessed by the illness he is suffering from; we have the Quran with us and it is sufficient".

I read on Shia's view on compilation before and it is noteworthy. But here, tintingz is question authenticity of Quran itself by saying it has version(s). By versions, he meant CONTENTS of the present Quran is different from revelation. No Muslim sects would agree with this. I dont have problems with Shia's view on this. It is just normal for sunnis to defend what they are taught and I learned "compilation of Quran" from high school. Still tintingz can't really find holes because there is no record that sayyidina Ali(ra) kept different quran. If he did, he would have restored that when he became caliph. That was my question to him in my last post and I am waiting for his answer for that.

Now, my question to tintingz is, taken shia's view into consideration, do you believe Quran has version still?. That's, this current Quran is different from what was revealed to nabi(SAW)?
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by AlBaqir(m): 5:26am On Mar 21, 2017
^^^
@ Empiree, tintingz is absolutely not the first person that will have doubt about the Quran. Amongst the Sahabah, Tabi'in, tabi Tabi'in, scholars of both major schools etc were (are) not left out.

# Have you ever ask why? Obviously for an objective mind its as a result of various stories called authentic that surround compilations of the Quran.

# Though some of you usually sweep this under the carpet, the point remain that the Sahabah made terrible mistake in preventing the Prophet of writing that document. Abdullah Ibn Abbas himself said that was the day the misfortune of the Muslims started.

# Just like the video of sheik Hamza you sent to me. Part of what I highlighted for you in his speech is that many things (especially Islamic histories, fiqh books, so-called 100% Sahih hadiths) need to be review.

# To those who cast doubt about the authenticity of the Quran, Allah's challenge still stand:

* Scrutinize it and bring error out of it

* Produce the like of it, even a surah, even 10 verses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Demmzy15(m): 8:43am On Mar 21, 2017
tintingz:
The Al-furqan. undecided

The burnt six Quran style. undecided
grin grin Chaiiiii!!!!! You slow gan no be small! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Riduane: 8:59am On Mar 21, 2017
Empiree:

And you said Bible didnt call him God?. Maybe you have been reading very well. Those who believe Jesus is God gave their references

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Revelation 1:17-18; Revelation 2:8 - (Jesus is the First and the Last)

1 Timothy 3:16 - And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh,

Aside all the above, the book of John explicitly call him God.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 10:07am On Mar 21, 2017
Empiree:
Obviously you are confused. Dont let trinitarians here @bold. That's no longer interpreatation. That's believe system if some one believes a man is God and nother one says no he is not. That's complete different doctrines.
Lol. There no word like trinitarian, I've debated with the Christians in my past years this arguments are not new to me.

Secondly, interpretation leads to doctrine which result to sect, there are different doctrines among Muslims today.

Jehovah witness don't believe Jesus is God because it cannot be found in the bible, the Same bible other trinitarian Christians are using. Deeper life and Jehovah witness don't do Christmas, Jehovah witness don't believe there is hell but they are all using that same bible.

This same division is also happening among Muslims.

And you said Bible didnt call him God?. Maybe you have been reading very well. Those who believe Jesus is God gave their references

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah is in old testament, Jesus name was not mention there and if it was referring to Jesus it was just names like "Oluwatobi" "Oluwaseyi" etc Ishmael means "God hears" can I we say he's God?

Revelation 1:17-18; Revelation 2:8 - (Jesus is the First and the Last)

1 Timothy 3:16 - And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh,

These are few of the references of those who believe in man is God.
In Islam believe some muslim said Muhammed(SA) is the first and the last which means He was present in the first creation(the reason for the creation) and also the last in prophethood.

And (1 Timothy 3:16) is still a debate among Christians because the word God was "He, who, Christ" in some translations.

King James started the use of God instead of "He" like many other transation.

New International Version
Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

New Living Translation
Without question, this is the great mystery of our faith: Christ was revealed in a human body and vindicated by the Spirit. He was seen by angels and announced to the nations. He was believed in throughout the world and taken to heaven in glory.

English Standard Version
Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

http://biblehub.com/1_timothy/3-16.htm

And you open the same book, you see unitarian who believe otherwise.
Yes, because of the translation and interpretation.

Does this happen with islam that nabi God?. Stop deceiving yourself my friend
I'm not deceiving myself.

Christians said Jesus was God's beginning of creation, Muslims said Muhammad was God's beginning of creation, how many begining of creation do we have? undecided cheesy
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 10:34am On Mar 21, 2017
Empiree:
Now, this is becoming blind argument without any proof. "All I know is". That's not scholarship at all.

@uunderlined does not relate with @bold.
Because it is my view about the hadiths. My proofs are all over this thread.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 10:49am On Mar 21, 2017
Empiree:
Now this is going to be a knockout.

Let's see if you can refute this.

From what you have said earlier, that why Abu Bakr rejected Ali's "version" of Quran, let's assume Abu Bakr did reject it. If he rejected Ali's, do you have any evidence that he seized Ali's version and banned it?.

If not, the implication is that Ali MUST have his copy in his possession until he gained power after Uthman. So why didn't Ali get rid f Uthman and replace it with his version if it was different from what was revealed to nabi(SA) and standardized by Uthman?.
After Uthman has distributed the copies of Quran to lands? Years and years after Ali became caliph?

Then why are Shia and Sunni not in unity?
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by AlBaqir(m): 10:49am On Mar 21, 2017
^^^
tintingz and Empiree watch this:

What Happened to the Sunnah of the Prophet after his death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYX9vkHE1Rw&itct=CA8QpDAYACITCNyE8-qk59ICFRWAVQodsT4BQzIGcmVsbWZ1SN2ew4rH7p3WtQE%3D&gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google

# Can he ever left Quran unattended to at the hands of vultures?
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 10:53am On Mar 21, 2017
AlBaqir:

Thanks for the correction, I mistook them.

Good, you also find it ridiculous for the Quran not have compiled during Muhammad (SA)'s era.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2017
Empiree:
I read on Shia's view on compilation before and it is noteworthy. But here, tintingz is question authenticity of Quran itself by saying it has version(s). By versions, he meant CONTENTS of the present Quran is different from revelation. No Muslim sects would agree with this. I dont have problems with Shia's view on this. It is just normal for sunnis to defend what they are taught and I learned "compilation of Quran" from high school. Still tintingz can't really find holes because there is no record that sayyidina Ali(ra) kept different quran. If he did, he would have restored that when he became caliph. That was my question to him in my last post and I am waiting for his answer for that.

Now, my question to tintingz is, taken shia's view into consideration, do you believe Quran has version still?. That's, this current Quran is different from what was revealed to nabi(SAW)?
Yes.

The burnt 7 style Quran and Al Furqan.

Version is version, you claim bible has versions then you have to accept Quran has versions.

Give a non-arab an arabic verse of Al-furqan like the yorubas, he-she will think it is Uthmantic Quran. grin
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2017
AlBaqir:
^^^
@ Empiree, tintingz is absolutely not the first person that will have doubt about the Quran. Amongst the Sahabah, Tabi'in, tabi Tabi'in, scholars of both major schools etc were (are) not left out.

# Have you ever ask why? Obviously for an objective mind its as a result of various stories called authentic that surround compilations of the Quran.

# Though some of you usually sweep this under the carpet, the point remain that the Sahabah made terrible mistake in preventing the Prophet of writing that document. Abdullah Ibn Abbas himself said that was the day the misfortune of the Muslims started.

# Just like the video of sheik Hamza you sent to me. Part of what I highlighted for you in his speech is that many things (especially Islamic histories, fiqh books, so-called 100% Sahih hadiths) need to be review.

# To those who cast doubt about the authenticity of the Quran, Allah's challenge still stand:

* Scrutinize it and bring error out of it

* Produce the like of it, even a surah, even 10 verses
Well said Albaqir.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by AlBaqir(m): 11:15am On Mar 21, 2017
tintingz:
Yes.

Version is version, you claim bible has versions then you have to accept Quran has versions.

Give a non-arab an arabic verse of Al-furqan like the yorubas, he-she will think it is Uthmantic Quran. grin

# Quran has many names as stated in the Quran. One of its mentioned name is al-Furqan - the criterion. So, its not like there was a version called "al-Furqan".
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 11:26am On Mar 21, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Quran has many names as stated in the Quran. One of its mentioned name is al-Furqan - the criterion. So, its not like there was a version called "al-Furqan".
The name given to a mirror like Quran was Al-furqan(The true Furqan).

Empiree said the Quran cannot be rewrite, that there is gay bible and I presented him a like of Quran.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by AlBaqir(m): 12:09pm On Mar 21, 2017
tintingz:
The name given to a mirror like Quran was Al-furqan(The true Furqan).

Empiree said the Quran cannot be rewrite, that there is gay bible and I presented him a like of Quran.

I never knew those fake Quran are the ones you are talking about. Those are jokes. They doesn't add up at all.

Even the extremist that accused Shia of having another Quran has failed to produce it save speculations.

Alhamdulillah all Muslims with whatever differences between us still have a common Quran in its book-like form and recitations. Both Sunni and Shia rejected some of their own scholars that cast doubt about the authenticity of the Quran.

# Bible case is different:

* The Torah and Injeel mentioned by the Quran are not the same as these Old and New testament.

* Torah was revelation directly from God to Musa. Injeel was also the same. These are distinctly different from the Bible we have today.

* Even looking at the present Bible, it has been messed up big time. I had opportunity of scrutinizing Catholic Bible VS Protestants Bible VS Jehovah Witness Bible. There are clear differences between them. Am not talking of the use of English.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 12:31pm On Mar 21, 2017
tintingz:
Yes.

"Al Furqan" is OBVIOUSLY Bible in disguise
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2017
tintingz:
After Uthman has distributed the copies of Quran to lands? Years and years after Ali became caliph?

Then why are Shia and Sunni not in unity?
This is irrelevant. Do you have evidence that Abu Bakr confiscated Ali's compilation?. If he didnt, then Ali MUST have it in his possession. Regardless of how long it took him to become Caliph, he had the power to restore his shocked
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by FriendNG: 12:36pm On Mar 21, 2017
Empiree:
I keeo telling you that translation(tafsir) and interpretation(tawil) are not versions of Quran. Quran is in Arabic. So Yusuf Ali, Musin Khan, Pickthall etc are translations of the meaning. For example

Yusuf Ali

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

MUhammad Pickthall

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Sahih International

In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful

These translations are CHOICES used by translators. They are not versions of Quran

But original arabic Quran reads Bismillah Rahman Rahim

That arabic ^ is the same in ALL Quran worldwide. So bring me evidence otherwise if any. As for interpretation, Quran itself speaks about methodology in sura Imran. It says some verses are PLAIN and CLEAR which many of us can understand. The other verses are tobe interpreted by well grounded and firm believers. They are called "MUTASHABIAT" i:e not entirely clear. These verse need tawil (interpretation). Doesnt mean it a version of Quran.

For instance in sura 41:30, Indeed, those who have said, "Our Lord is Allah " and then remained on a right course - the angels will descend upon them, [saying], "Do not fear and do not grieve but receive good tidings of Paradise, which you were promised.

You see where it says "saying" in parenthesis?, some people understand the verse and place in bracket "at the time of death". Some say both at the time of death and in haqiqa. These are interpretations. They are not versions.

So in order to substantiate your point, you will have to bring evidence that there other versions of Arabic Quran. You can't provide "evidence" in the absence of evidence itself. Thats not acceptable. As for why Sayyidina Uthman burnt other dialects if nabi(SA) did nt have problem with it, thisis simply part of wisdom Allah bestowed on him. It is part of protecting Quran which Allah promised in sura Hijr 9. Those different dialects exist today as I pointed out to you earlier.

Gbam.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 12:43pm On Mar 21, 2017
Empiree:
This is irrelevant. Do you have evidence that Abu Bakr confiscated Ali's compilation?. If he didnt, then Ali MUST have it in his possession. Regardless of how long it took him to become Caliph, he had the power to restore his shocked

Abu Bakr rejected Ali's compilation even Albaqir agreed to this.

It is already too late to be restored.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 1:09pm On Mar 21, 2017
AlBaqir:

I never knew those fake Quran are the ones you are talking about. Those are jokes. They doesn't add up at all.

Even the extremist that accused Shia of having another Quran has failed to produce it save speculations.

Alhamdulillah all Muslims with whatever differences between us still have a common Quran in its book-like form and recitations. Both Sunni and Shia rejected some of their own scholars that cast doubt about the authenticity of the Quran.

# Bible case is different:

* The Torah and Injeel mentioned by the Quran are not the same as these Old and New testament.

* Torah was revelation directly from God to Musa. Injeel was also the same. These are distinctly different from the Bible we have today.

* Even looking at the present Bible, it has been messed up big time. I had opportunity of scrutinizing Catholic Bible VS Protestants Bible VS Jehovah Witness Bible. There are clear differences between them. Am talking of the use of English.
The Quran can be rewrite in any form just like every other books like Shakespeare, Disney books, there is nothing special in it. That's what I'm trying show empiree.

I've read Al-furqan(the true furqan) and it has flows like the Quran just that it contains Christians beliefs.

The only evidence for Torah and Gospel can be found in the bible, even some muslim scholars agree the bible contains Torah and Gospel but were corrupted. Allah even said He will guid the books. Now tell me where is the Torah and Gospel?

The Quran was also revealed directly to Muhammad (SA) but was He the one that compiled and rewrite the Quran? the Sunni believes it was rewritten, there was even an hadith that said goat ate portion of the Quran. shocked

The bible of today is the one compiled by Constantine just like Quran of today compiled by Uthman, they both burnt scriptures.

The use of English are just translations just like we have translations of Quran, most stories in the Quran can be found in the bible even tho the bible came first.

So which is corrupt?
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 1:17pm On Mar 21, 2017
Empiree:
"Al Furqan" is OBVIOUSLY Bible in disguise
But has flows like the Quran.

I've the PDF copy, you can download it or send it to your mail. tongue cool
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by AlBaqir(m): 1:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
tintingz:

# Flows like the Quran?

Brother, how do you study Quran to say it has "flows like the Quran?" My best bet is you have read over and over the English translation of the Quran. Is that it?

Professor Maurice Buccaile, the author of "The Bible, the Quran and Science", for him to understand and feel the deep meaning of the Quran, went to Saudi Arabia to study Arabic language. Even that is not enough. You need to study the " language and the style of the Quran".

That was what the Prof did before embarking on his priced Book named above. That is a true quest towards learning and researching. Countless number of world intellectuals in various field have also study this glorious Book and confirm non-equal of it.

# Quran is masterpiece beyond what anybody or group of "intellectuals" can just sit down and conjure up.

# Try to be open-minded my brother, and study Quran in its proper language, style and flow. Only then, you can compare with whatever you claim is "like it".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by AlBaqir(m): 2:04pm On Mar 21, 2017
tintingz:

# Flows like the Quran?

Brother, how do you study Quran to say it has "flows like the Quran?" My best bet is you have read over and over the English translation of the Quran. Is that it?

Professor Maurice Buccaile, the author of "The Bible, the Quran and Science", for him to understand and feel the deep meaning of the Quran, went to Saudi Arabia to study Arabic language. Even that is not enough. You need to study the " language and the style of the Quran".

That was what the Prof did before embarking on his priced Book named above. That is a true quest towards learning and researching. Countless number of world intellectuals in various field have also study this glorious Book and confirm non-equal of it.

# Quran is masterpiece beyond what anybody or group of "intellectuals" can just sit down and conjure up.

# Try to be open-minded my brother, and study Quran in its proper language, style and flow. Only then, you can compare with whatever you claim is "like it".

Can Quran be rewritten?

First, I need to clarify one point: The said Ali's version or compilation is nothing but Tafsir of the Quran. There are some reports that Ali's compilations was in accordance with the revelation of each surah and each verse. For example, surah Iqra which was the first chapter that now enjoyed chapter 96 today was the first in Ali's. All these are speculation with no concrete evidence to support it. That is the reason many Shia Ulama believed that the present Quran remained as it was at the time of Nabi in its arrangement. And there is an authentic hadith believed by both Sunni and Shia that Nabi said, " Ali will fight for the interpretation (Ta'weel) of the Quran just like I fought for its revelation (Tanzil)". Had Quran is going to be tampered with in anyway ni, Nabi would have revealed that instead of what he said because preservation of Quran the way it was revealed is far important than its interpretation.

Second, Quran was never rewritten at anytime. This should give you clue that I am of the opinion (as well as bulk majority of Shia) that every nonsense history in Sunni or Shi'i books about Quran that bring doubt to it is nothing but fables, tales, and fabrication. Though, It remain problem for those who believe in the authenticity of those ahadith or story.

Third, when was books of ahadith compiled? Centuries after the demise of the Prophet. So, how do you want to see accurate historical facts about Quran?

Quran by virtue of the fact that it was, till now being studied verbally and learn by heart with great caution from the time of the Prophet till now made it self-preserved book. Even extremist, Munafiq et al who knows it by heart will read Quran the same way every learned Quran students will. That's one unique way it was preserved.

And there is nowhere in history that Muslims had ever fought each other over versions of the Quran.
tintingz. edited.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 3:36pm On Mar 21, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Flows like the Quran?

The Quran can be rewrite, there is nothing special and strange about it.

Many people are scared to rewrite the Quran because some sharia-men will behead them.

I've read the "Al furqan" it has flows like the Quran, many non-arabs will even mistake that Al-furqan to be Quran verse.

The Quran is in Arabic, I can read Arabic so what language are you talking about again?

Can Quran be rewritten?

First, I need to clarify one point: The said Ali's version or compilation is nothing but Tafsir of the Quran. There are some reports that Ali's compilations was in accordance with the revelation of each surah and each verse. For example, surah Iqra which was the first chapter that now enjoyed chapter 96 today was the first in Ali's. All these are speculation with no concrete evidence to support it. That is the reason many Shia Ulama believed that the present Quran remained as it was at the time of Nabi in its arrangement. And there is an authentic hadith believed by both Sunni and Shia that Nabi said, " Ali will fight for the interpretation (Ta'weel) of the Quran just like I fought for its revelation (Tanzil)". Had Quran is going to be tampered with in anyway ni, Nabi would have revealed that instead of what he said because preservation of Quran the way it was revealed is far important than its interpretation.

Second, Quran was never rewritten at anytime. This should give you clue that I am of the opinion (as well as bulk majority of Shia) that every nonsense history in Sunni or Shi'i books about Quran that bring doubt to it is nothing but fables, tales, and fabrication. Though, It remain problem for those who believe in the authenticity of those ahadith or story.
Hadith said the Quran was rewritten.

Third, when was books of ahadith compiled? Centuries after the demise of the Prophet. So, how do you want to see accurate historical facts about Quran?
Which means there are things that are fact not about the Quran?

Quran by virtue of the fact that it was, till now being studied verbally and learn by heart with great caution from the time of the Prophet till now made it self-preserved book. Even extremist, Munafiq et al who knows it by heart will read Quran the same way every learned Quran students will. That's one unique way it was preserved.

And there is nowhere in history that Muslims had ever fought each other over versions of the Quran.
tintingz. edited.

But it was in history they differ in Quran right?

And what about ancient Sahaba clashes in arab that's causing problem today?
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by sino(m): 3:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
AlBaqir:

# The word of prophet at his sick bed was, " Bring me pen and paper so I can write a Document for you which if follow, you will NEVER go astray". And Umar said, "The prophet has been possessed by the illness he is suffering from; we have the Book of God with us and it is sufficient".

Here we go again!

So what has this got to do with the compilation of the Qur'an?! The narration of pen and paper does not prove anything other than the fact that the revelation (Qur'an) as it was, was indeed complete and sufficient for mankind, for if there is anything that was revealed and must be written, then no one and I repeat, no one can ever stop the Prophet (SAW) from fulfilling that! So please, look for another thing to hold on to!

AlBaqir:

Your books state otherwise, or didn't you read the narration presented by tintingz?!

AlBaqir:

First and foremost, the primary way of preservation was through memorization. The Prophet (SAW) and some of his Companions memorized the Qur'an, even though it was also written down under his supervision. The Prophet (SAW) was not reported to have been carrying a copy of the Qur'an when Jubril (AS) was revising the Qur'an with him (SAW), abi you have a narration that states so?!

Arrangement of verses and Surah and the style it was revealed are not in contention. No Muslim believes otherwise. It is gathering the Qur’an between two bindings we are talking about like we have it today. And even if there is a contention about the arrangement of the Surahs, this does not change the Qur'an in anyway, and if true it does have an effect, then it means you are saying Allah (SWT) did not preserve the Qur'an as He (SWT) had promised (Authubillah!)

AlBaqir:

Where is your proof that the last revealed verse was 6 months to the death of the Prophet (SAW)?!

As already stated, memorization was the primary way of the preservation, Allah (SWT) had stated categorically that he had revealed the Qur'an and made it easy to remember. In another narration, Allah (SWT) said to the Prophet (SAW)

“And I sent the Book to you which cannot be washed away by water." (Sahih Muslim, Book 40, Hadith 6853)

The above authentic narration clearly shows that the most important preservation was memory, the Prophet (SAW) did not write anything!

And if you had paid attention to the narrations regarding what Abu Bakr (RA) did, you wouldn't have said the Qur'an was left without being arranged. There are reports of scribes who had written the Qur'an, and Abu Bakr (RA) gathered the Qur'an between two binding, calling everyone who had written anything as well as those who had memorized from the Prophet (SAW) and confirming what was written. All you need to have done to buttress your point is to bring an authentic narration showing that the Prophet (SAW) gathered the Qur'an between two bindings in a particular way during his life time and we wouldn't be here going back-and-forth.

Let me present another authentic narration:

We said: ‘O Messenger of Allah! Is there anyone greater than us in earning reward, we believed you and followed you.’ He said: “And what is there that to stops you from it while the Messenger of Allah is amongst you and comes to you with the revelation from the heavens? In fact, there will come a people after you, whom the book will reach [only] in two bindings. They will believe in it and follow whatever is in; they are greater in reward than you.” (Al-Bukhari, Khalaq Af’al al-‘Ibad, Dar al-M’arif al-Saudia, Riyadh, 1398 AH vol.1 p.88 Classified as Sahih by Albani in Silsala Sahiha No. 3310)

You may claim they are all fabrications, but you cannot substantiate such claims...Abu Bakr (RA) did not do something strange, all he did was to gather, and there were witnesses, no one faulted him, not even Ali (RA)!

AlBaqir:

Mr. Man, when the Qur'an was yet to be complete in terms of revelation, it was always referred to as a book! Let me give you an example in the Qur’an, Allah (SWT) says:

[This is] a Book revealed to you, [O Muhammad] - so let there not be in your breast distress therefrom - that you may warn thereby and as a reminder to the believers. (Qur’an 7:2)

The above verse was revealed in Mecca, we all know that in Mecca, the Qur’an was yet to be completely revealed, but here Allah (SWT) refer to the Qur’an as a book. So the Prophet (SAW) or any of the companion calling the Qur’an a book does not mean it was already gathered between two bindings (and I prefer using this word so as not to get people confused of what Abu Bakr (RA) did.)

The amount of Qur'an written at any particular time was referred to as the Qur'an. All I want from you is to bring an authentic narration that states the Prophet (SAW) gathered the Qur'an between two bindings! Since we have authentic narrations of where the Prophet (SAW) instructed scribes to write, supervised these writings, then it shouldn’t be difficult to find an authentic narration even if just one, stating how the Prophet (SAW) told his scribes to gather the Qur’an together after revelation was completed.

AlBaqir:

Over sensationalizing events are not strange to the Shi'a, you guys are known for making a mountain out of a mole hill.

But I have narrations that destroys all the your doubts or anyone else:

Zaid bin Thabit made comparison between the manuscript made under ‘Uthman and the the ones made under Abu Bakr –may Allah be pleased with them all- and said:

“I compared the Mushaf with those manuscripts; they did not differ in anything.” (Mushkil al-Athar, Hadith 2645)

‘Ali said, “Do not speak of ‘Uthman anything but good because by Allah, whatever he did concerning the Masahif he did in our presence. He asked us, ‘What do you say regarding these recitations for it has reached me that some say to the others, ‘our recitation is better than yours’ even though this takes one towards disbelief?’ We said to him, ‘what is your opinion?’ He said, ‘I see that we should make all people recognize one Mushaf then there will be no difference or discord.’ We said, ‘An excellent proposal.’” (Kitabul Masahif, Hadith 62. Classified as Sahih by Dr. Wa’iz)

Secondly, to the best of my knowledge, there is no report that the Prophet (SAW) instructed anyone to write down all the 7 rendering of the Qur’an, if you have authentic proof(s) for this, please let us see.

You claim Uthman (RA) was not satisfied, na wa o, must you lie?! Uthman (RA) standardize the Qur’an in the language which it was revealed. The Prophet (SAW) was Quraish, and that was how the Qur’an was revealed, until he (SAW) requested to learn more. Read the above authentic narration from Ali (RA) again and stop your lies!

Now all you need to do is go and look for the Qur'an Ali (RA) compiled, and place it side by side with the Qur'an we have today, but if that is impossible, then why are you disturbing yourself? If the Prophet (SAW) had compiled the Qur’an between two bindings, then what did the companions do? Did they change this compilation?! Any evidence(s) for this?! Did they change the Qur’an?!

AlBaqir:

Evidence please!

AlBaqir:

Only those with faith issues have problems with these narrations. Prove they were fabricated and stop making baseless claims... One thing that still cannot be refuted is that Allah (SWT) promised to preserve the Qur'an, and through these authentic narrations, we know how it was preserved during the life of the Prophet (SAW) and after his death. There is nothing you can do about it.

By the way, where are your own authentic narrations that states otherwise?! Where are your authentic shi'a narrations that talks about the compilation and preservation of the Qur'an?!

Did Ali (RA) not use Uthman's standardized Qur'an?! Did he bring another Qur'an?! Do you believe that the companions had altered the Qur’an?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by AlBaqir(m): 6:07pm On Mar 21, 2017
tintingz:
The Quran can be rewrite, there is nothing special and strange about it.

The moment a book of God is rewritten, then there is no perfection in it anymore. And every era it faces challenges, there will also be review about it. Quran is far from being review. Who exactly will do that?

tintingz:

I've read the "Al furqan" it has flows like the Quran, many non-arabs will even mistake that Al-furqan to be Quran verse.

The Quran is in Arabic, I can read Arabic so what language are you talking about again?

# So how much Arabic do you understand? Can you truthfully read Arabic Quran with understanding without the aid of English translation beside it?

# Even native Arab cannot fully comprehend Quran unless they further its study in detail.

tintingz:

Which means there are things that are fact not about the Quran?

But it was in history they differ in Quran right?

# Like I said earlier, those ahadith are big problem for those who believe in them. No doubt they cast huge doubt to the authenticity and completeness of the Quran.

tintingz:

And what about ancient Sahaba clashes in arab that's causing problem today?

None of their fights has something to do with authentication or compilation of Quran.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Demmzy15(m): 7:59pm On Mar 21, 2017
tintingz:

So it means you can't differentiate between Arabic bible and the Qur'an? grin Chaiiiii, Taiwo you keep falling my hands everyday, in fact you don dey fall my feet sef!

3 Likes

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 8:11pm On Mar 21, 2017
tintingz:

So now, why do you believe in this "hadith"?.

From what i gathered, you have not even agreed with any hadith across the board. How come you bite this hadith tightly with your molar?. I am just curious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 9:23pm On Mar 21, 2017
Empiree:
So now, why do you believe in this "hadith"?.

From what i gathered, you have not even agreed with any hadith across the board. How come you bite this hadith tightly with your molar?. I am just curious
Because Muslims believe in these hadiths.

Do you believe in spiderman comic? I guess NO but you can use it to argue with a spiderman fan.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 9:28pm On Mar 21, 2017
Demmzy15:
So it means you can't differentiate between Arabic bible and the Qur'an? grin Chaiiiii, Taiwo you keep falling my hands everyday, in fact you don dey fall my feet sef!
Lol, the copy of Al-furqan I have contain both Arabic and translation, I've read the bible, the Al-furqan(The true furqan) doesn't have any flow like the bible but the Quran. It only contain Christianity beliefs.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Demmzy15(m): 9:32pm On Mar 21, 2017
tintingz:
Lol, the copy of Al-furqan I have contain both Arabic and translation, I've read the bible, the Al-furqan(The true furqan) doesn't have any flow like the bible but the Quran. It only contain Christianity beliefs.

OK grin grin grin but you slow last last! angry grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can A Muslim Skip Fasting If He Has Nothing To Eat Before And After The Fast? / Different Religion And Tribe: How Do I Balance The Wedding / Islamic Ruling On Family Planning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.