Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Parties And Fashion, Back In Di Day, Share Your Memories. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Parties And Fashion, Back In Di Day, Share Your Memories. (838 Views)

Photos From Ibadan Style And Fashion Week 2013 / Chika Ike Covers This Month "Fun And Fashion Magazine" Edition / Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parties And Fashion, Back In Di Day, Share Your Memories. by Orilee9ice(m): 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2009
Hey peeps, what are your memories of Happening parties back in the day, Late/end of 70's, 1980's to Early 90's in the era of Shalamar, Whispers, Kool and the Gang, when music was music and the lyrics had meaning, like the Love Jams[i], Love zone (Billy Ocean) Shake you down and Ill prove it to you starting tonite (Gregory Abbott) Love aint no Holiday(Native) Holiday (Madonna) Love x Love (George Benson) Tonite is the nite(Heatwave) and (Candi Staton) Gonna Get you home with me tonite (Eugene Wilde) Love's Coming at ya(Melba Moore) Push it in the grovve, Call it what ever you want (Bill Summers), the list is endless[/i], NOT LIKE THE "ORI WON FOKASIBE" that we have now,

The Shows at the NATIONAL THEATRE (All the uk/usa artises that Ben BRUCE brought over then)

Who also remembers the nite klubs we had to be seen at, Lords (Maryland) Niteshift (Opebi Road) Faze2(Yaba) Paradiso (Alagomeji-Yaba)

The Uni-Parties @ Unilag, Costech, Yabatech, LASU, LACOED, etc, and all the Beauty Contests, Miss Campus, Mr HANDSOME (i won one of them!, i am born again now sha!!)
of course in all the other states in 9ja too, Unife, Unibadan, all the Polys, the Jeans CARNIVAL @ the Ogun State Polytechnic,

Weekend Choice on Lagos TELEVISION (WITH TOKUNBO BAKARE) she was always at all the happening parties interviewing, The era of 21st Birthday Parties too!! when you were 21, you had to have a party or else,

Fashion: Away itele's and baffs, Brothers Johnson Glasses and Hair cut, flat tops, Ray Parker hair style (side faded and high flat tops - Wella straight and Glatt relaxers, to "jerry curl or Wave"our hair, no wonder i dont have any hair anymore, grin) Pencil Skirts Tiny waists, and Slip on for the girls, OMG , SHOULDER-PADS (remember MILLI VANILLI), we all wore their jackets then, and Joan Collins in DYNASTY, Any fashion TRENDS/MISTAKES on the Musical video shows, and we wore it by the end of that week,

Men! we Rocked!!! and still passed with flying colours! Fail keee!!, God Forbid!! and got home on time too, or its "get out of my house", still wondered how we did it though, Co'mon my people, lets go down memory lane! anyone out there to share,

(1) (Reply)

Taylor Very Good With Shirts Needed. / Girls Day Out: Clothe Swap & Vintage Party [a Day Of Music, Mingling & Fashion] / Date Outfits For Men And Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.