Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC (13119 Views)

NBC Shuts Down Show On Radio Discussing "Asaba Massacre" / List Of Radio Stations In Oyo State (with Frequencies And Location) / Full List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria, Frequency, Location And Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by maximunimpact(m): 7:11am On Mar 13, 2017
The National Broadcasting Commission, NBC, will today release the list of all the broadcast stations owing it N5 billion licence fees.

Addressing broadcast stakeholders in Abuja, Director-General of the commission, Mallam Is’haq Modibbo Kawu, decried the situation where many stations have refused to pay their licence fees.

according to him, the statutory act of informing the NBC, six months before the expiration of licence and signifying intention to continue as a licensee, is ignored.

According to Vanguard, the decision was in conformity with the commission’s earlier announcement that it would clamp down on all erring broadcast stations flouting the rules.

The commission had last month gave indication that before the end of this month, it would weld the big stick on operators who have refused to pay up their license fees to date.

“Our licensees carry on, as if they have their licenses for keeps and the NBC cannot withdraw licenses. It is important to remind us all that ALL licenses are provisional, no matter how long you have held them. And for emphasis, I want to let you know that stations owe over N5Billion as license fees.

“I will like to use this medium to inform you, that the NBC would be invoking the relevant laws against erring stations. Consequently, ALL stations without exception, are expected to complete all payments owed to the Commission by the 15th of March, 2017,” he said.

He also lamented that the Commission is equally disturbed by the illegal and rampant use of transmission power by stations all over Nigeria, saying that some stations procure transmitters without respecting the stipulated and recommended transmitter power in city-based FM stations.

“The consequence of this is that we have frequency clashes occurring all over Nigeria. As of yesterday, we have compiled a total of 69 stations around Nigeria, that have installed transmitters beyond the transmitter power stipulated in their licenses, and that is not even exhaustive.

“A top Nigerian politician, who was given a license, installed a 10KW transmitter; began transmission even before NBC gave him the permission, and when NBC Engineers went to inspect his facilities, he sent his thugs to chase away our workers!

“Let me make some points clear here: Henceforth no broadcaster would be allowed to import a transmitter beyond the power allotted in the licenses issued. Secondly, stations must ensure that their broadcasts are limited to assigned areas only; and where these areas require less than 2KW power, they must tune their transmitters below 2KW.

“On a final note, All stations that have installed more than allotted TX power are hereby put on notice, that they have six months to procure and install 2KW transmitters. After the expiration of this grace period, we will ensure the de-commissioning of the transmitters installed beyond the allotted TX power!

“Other related technical issues include the refusal of some stations to install aviation warning lights on their masts. Each one of us here realizes that we endanger our collective safety with this terribly unprofessional attitude,” he explained.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2017/03/13/list-stations-owing-will-released-today-nbc/

Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by eezeribe(m): 7:18am On Mar 13, 2017
This Government is more interested in Levies,fines and Taxes;For funding someone's medical bills.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by 2cato: 7:39am On Mar 13, 2017
The govt need money to pay bmc, foot medical bills of a sick old man and cook jollof rice for bloggers to eat

7 Likes

Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by Truepee(m): 10:11am On Mar 13, 2017
5 billion ...That money can buy two northern state fa undecided5 billion ...Wickedness

3 Likes

Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:11am On Mar 13, 2017
grin BUHARI media center must be paid via all these useless levies

5 Likes

Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by Vizzim: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2017
Lol
Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by maximunimpact(m): 10:11am On Mar 13, 2017
the era of levies

1 Like

Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by ThugCheetah(m): 10:11am On Mar 13, 2017
Ok

2 Likes

Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by SexyNairalander: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2017
booked

3 Likes

Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by Thisboysef(m): 10:12am On Mar 13, 2017
I laugh in japanese! The guy below me tho
Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by Chimaritoponcho: 10:12am On Mar 13, 2017
5billion? Radio station?.so a radio station is worth so much

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by bedspread: 10:12am On Mar 13, 2017
HOW E TAKE CONCERN US!!
RELEASE IT AND DTOP MAKING NOISE ABEG
Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by chinex276(m): 10:12am On Mar 13, 2017
alright... eke come buy #50 pop kon for me and I bottle of hero... today go sweet wella
Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by MrAwePresident: 10:13am On Mar 13, 2017
What do they do with the license fee when paid ?
Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 13, 2017
Seen.....The person below me may have something reasonable to say...Who knows
Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 13, 2017
Analog radio is already going out of fashion, hope they don't discourage the media that still helps to employ the youths. NBC, NCC, NTA... to me they're just a bunch of clueless levy-imposing, salary-collecting, allocation-embezzling agencies.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 13, 2017
How will this bring down the price of suya?

My babe loves eating suya well well
Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by Sezua(m): 10:16am On Mar 13, 2017
Keke stop me here, make i see names of onigbese.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by Jabioro: 10:16am On Mar 13, 2017
Laughing!!!
Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by Glaxx(m): 10:18am On Mar 13, 2017
Five billion? Bur das non of my business cool
Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by sbergy: 10:18am On Mar 13, 2017
5 billion naira for just license

1 Like

Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by Nairadays: 10:19am On Mar 13, 2017
eezeribe:
This Government is more interested in Levies,fines and Taxes;For funding someone's medical bills.

Please sir, comment with adequate contribution, i don't want to say sense because i know you have it.

Good morning.

1 Like

Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by ennysuccess(m): 10:22am On Mar 13, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by Pavore9: 10:22am On Mar 13, 2017
"A top Nigerian politician, who was given a license, installed a 10KW transmitter; began transmission even before NBC gave him the permission, and when NBC Engineers went to inspect his facilities, he sent his thugs to chase away our workers!.... cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 13, 2017
Wait o is it 5 billion per station or the cumulative?
Re: List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 13, 2017
close them down and see who pays for you to keep fuctioning, we really need bussiness men in political positions not politicians that are just parasites.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fireboy DML - 'Need You' (Video) / DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Burna Boy – Outside Album / Download Hiphop Interface Mix Ft. Jay-z, Migos, Nicki Minaj, Cardi B, Drake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.