Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed (35326 Views)

What Will Happen If I Eat Pawpaw Seed? Is It Safe To Eat? / COVID-19: Goat, Sheep, Pawpaw Test Positive In Tanzania. President Orders Probe / The health benefits of pawpaw seed will blow your mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by saydfact(m): 9:22am On Mar 13, 2017
Pawpaw Seeds have Magical Cure For Gut, Kidney, Liver, Cancer and Many Other Diseases. Pawpaw seeds can be consumed raw, crushed or ground in milk, honey or salad dressings.

Normally we all eat Pawpaw and throw away the seed, without knowing the additional importance in the seed which includes preventing and curing diseases related to the liver, Kidney, gut, worms and more.

Below are some of the benefits of Pawpaw seed (Discuss with your nutritionist to know if taking the seed is OK for you)

1. Importance to Liver:
Papaya seeds are rich with nutrients that can heal cirrhosis of the liver; eating small amounts of seeds will protect and detox the liver.

2. Importance to Kidney:
The seeds from Pawpaw can improve kidney health and also prevent renal failure and kidney poisoning.

3. Arresting Cancer:
Pawpaw seeds have agents that can stop the growth of tumors and cancer cells. They contain isothiocyanate, which helps with breast, colon, leukemia, lung and prostate cancer.

4. Killing Parasites:
Pawpaw seeds have an alkaloid named “Carpaine” which kills amoeba parasites and intestinal worms. Children consuming Pawpaw seed juice for 7 days get rid of a great percentage of parasites in the gut.

5. Anti-inflammatory properties:
Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, pawpaw seeds are great for joint disease, alleviating arthritis, pain, swelling and redness.

6. Aids Digestion:
Pawpaw seeds are rich in the enzyme papain, which protects digestion and it is a great solution for women who want to get pregnant.

7. Antibacterial and Antiviral properties:
Papaya seeds, even in small amounts can kill bacteria like Salmonella, E. coli and Staph. Also, they fight infections and cure Typhoid, Dengue and other harmful diseases. People in Nigeria drink milk with Papaya seeds as cure for Typhoid fever.

Side effects and possible warnings for using seeds from Papaya :
Besides, many health benefits, pawpaw seeds can be dangerous for pregnant women, and women that are breastfeeding. Papaya seeds can be too strong for gastrointestinal tract of babies and young children.

copied: Health Tips on www.palmchatnow.com

16 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by dominique(f): 9:24pm On Mar 13, 2017
I remember my folks forcing me and my siblings to chew the seeds when we were younger. Not that bad though it stings the tongue a bit.
Every part of pawpaw is very healthy even the dried leaves. My dad eats the fruit without peeling the skin.
I don't agree that the seeds can 'magically' cure cancer though.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by Buharimustgo: 9:41pm On Mar 13, 2017
I never knew
Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by soberdrunk(m): 12:05am On Mar 14, 2017
You people have come again ooooo!!! "Pawpaw seeds"?? pawpaw seeds that they told us as kids that if you step on it, your leg will swell angry angry

45 Likes

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by Tazdroid(m): 12:06am On Mar 14, 2017
I learnt the seeds are quite peppery

But can someone swallow the seeds like panadol? I hope e no go hook pesin for throat?

8 Likes

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by winkmart: 12:06am On Mar 14, 2017
some of these foods we ignore are the keys to Long-life

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by MischiefMaker: 12:06am On Mar 14, 2017
Chaiii op... This was wat baba ate that it affected hix health. Please stop posting nonsensical rubbish here angry
Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by Scatterscatter(m): 12:07am On Mar 14, 2017
I know we won't believe this until a white folk repackage it in tablet or capsule form after mixing it with chemicals then sell it to us at an exorbitant Price.

Our mentality is our problem.
Na to dey chew this thing sure pass now shocked

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by Oshoko(m): 12:07am On Mar 14, 2017
pawpaw seeds. wen i knw b goat.

3 Likes

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by publicenemy(m): 12:08am On Mar 14, 2017
tongue tongue
Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by weselomo(m): 12:08am On Mar 14, 2017
may God see us through

1 Like

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by Allylic(f): 12:08am On Mar 14, 2017
Dat seed can so sting d mouth...sotey if one mistakenly eat it d mouth go swell up

1 Like

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by Alleviating: 12:09am On Mar 14, 2017
cool
Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by slurryeye: 12:09am On Mar 14, 2017
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by publicenemy(m): 12:09am On Mar 14, 2017
saydfact:
Pawpaw Seeds have Magical Cure For Gut, Kidney, Liver, Cancer and Many Other Diseases. Pawpaw seeds can be consumed raw, crushed or ground in milk, honey or salad dressings.

Normally we all eat Pawpaw and throw away the seed, without knowing the additional importance in the seed which includes preventing and curing diseases related to the liver, Kidney, gut, worms and more.

Below are some of the benefits of Pawpaw seed (Discuss with your nutritionist to know if taking the seed is OK for you)

1. Importance to Liver:
Papaya seeds are rich with nutrients that can heal cirrhosis of the liver; eating small amounts of seeds will protect and detox the liver.

2. Importance to Kidney:
The seeds from Pawpaw can improve kidney health and also prevent renal failure and kidney poisoning.

3. Arresting Cancer:
Pawpaw seeds have agents that can stop the growth of tumors and cancer cells. They contain isothiocyanate, which helps with breast, colon, leukemia, lung and prostate cancer.

4. Killing Parasites:
Pawpaw seeds have an alkaloid named “Carpaine” which kills amoeba parasites and intestinal worms. Children consuming Pawpaw seed juice for 7 days get rid of a great percentage of parasites in the gut.

5. Anti-inflammatory properties:
Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, pawpaw seeds are great for joint disease, alleviating arthritis, pain, swelling and redness.

6. Aids Digestion:
Pawpaw seeds are rich in the enzyme papain, which protects digestion and it is a great solution for women who want to get pregnant.

7. Antibacterial and Antiviral properties:
Papaya seeds, even in small amounts can kill bacteria like Salmonella, E. coli and Staph. Also, they fight infections and cure Typhoid, Dengue and other harmful diseases. People in Nigeria drink milk with Papaya seeds as cure for Typhoid fever.

Side effects and possible warnings for using seeds from Papaya :
Besides, many health benefits, pawpaw seeds can be dangerous for pregnant women, and women that are breastfeeding. Papaya seeds can be too strong for gastrointestinal tract of babies and young children.

copied: Health Tips on www.palmchatnow.com

Pawpaw seed? Hmmmn... Na wa ooo.
Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by Izzystevens: 12:11am On Mar 14, 2017
I kind of find the seeds irritating to touch, much more eating.

3 Likes

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by opethom(m): 12:12am On Mar 14, 2017
I no get time for things like this BIKO, if you like eat this for 1 year, If you go die at the age of 30 you go die, my cousin way dey drink Eva water died of typhoid , and me with well water still dey alive. Eat normal food and forget all this shit

6 Likes

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by comradesoso: 12:12am On Mar 14, 2017
And you didn't believe goats are healthier than u
Oshoko:

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by EYIBLESSN(m): 12:12am On Mar 14, 2017
dominique:
I remember my folks forcing me and my siblings to chew the seeds when we were younger. Not that bad though it stings the tongue a bit.

You are eating the fruit abi ?

Every part of pawpaw is very healthy even the dried leaves. My dad eats the fruit without peeling the skin.
I don't agree that the seeds can 'magically' cure cancer though.

Dad eating the leaves

Un Na wan kill the plant ?

That is corruption

3 Likes

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by Rtopzy(f): 12:12am On Mar 14, 2017
But it's bitter na
Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by Drazeen(m): 12:12am On Mar 14, 2017
Hmmm... Nairalanders I hail una
Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by uzeba(m): 12:12am On Mar 14, 2017
informative!
Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by joinnow: 12:13am On Mar 14, 2017
Also boiling the leaf and giving two-three drop to new baby with jaundice will clear the jaundice like magic.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by EYIBLESSN(m): 12:13am On Mar 14, 2017
Oshoko:

You be Butuke !!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by EYIBLESSN(m): 12:14am On Mar 14, 2017
joinnow:
Also boiling the leaf and giving two-three drop to new baby with jaundice will clear the jaundice like magic.

Dr Babalawo. Dr Abalaka

2 Likes

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by castel428: 12:15am On Mar 14, 2017
Might be true coz av heard that eating cooked unripe pawpaw can correct liver problems.
Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by EYIBLESSN(m): 12:16am On Mar 14, 2017
opethom:
I no get time for things like this BIKO, if you like eat this for 1 year, If you go die at the age of 30 you go die, my cousin way dey drink Eva water died of typhoid , and me with well water still dey alive. Eat normal food and forget all this shit

Haaaaaaaaaaa!!!! You wicked them no mention your name now
Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by onyiiella(f): 12:16am On Mar 14, 2017
The leaf dey make person high if u smoke am

2 Likes

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by joinnow: 12:18am On Mar 14, 2017
EYIBLESSN:

Dr Babalawo. Dr Abalaka
But it's true
Instead of putting the baby infrared lamp.(phototherapy)
Beside the lamp are scare in Nigeria as in only 3 in Nigeria Naval hospital Lagos
5 lamps Nigeria Army hospital Awolowo Rd.
8 in Children general hospital lagos.

Papaya Leaves: Grind some tender papaya leaves into a paste. Combine the paste with half a teaspoon of honey and consume.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by Aragon: 12:23am On Mar 14, 2017
uzeba:
informative!

I just noticed your user name which got me curious, are you truly from Uzeba?
If yes, can you tell me a bit about yourself? Thanks
Re: Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed by tolaOG(m): 12:36am On Mar 14, 2017
Warning Warning Warning

This land is not for sale

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption / Help!!!! Am I Losing My Sight?? / 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.