Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,503 members, 7,808,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Do Dreams Have A Message? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Dreams Have A Message? (1440 Views)

Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? / How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Dreams Have A Message? by ruescho(m): 12:27pm On Jan 20, 2007
Do You Believe Dreams Do Have A Message?

Sometimes I dream something that really happens in the future.

Sometimes I listen to my dreams and try to understand their message.

Is it pure coincidense, is it message from my own subconsciousness, from God or can even Satan use my dreams to divert me

What do you think?
Re: Do Dreams Have A Message? by Seun(m): 12:07pm On Jan 24, 2007
A dream is just your brain trying to make sense of your experiences during the day.
Re: Do Dreams Have A Message? by uchetobi(f): 12:17pm On Jan 24, 2007
of course not. Well sometimes it could be that, but more often than not a dream is what goes on in the spiritual while your physical body is in an inactive state. It can also be a way(For God or the devil) of letting you get a glimpse into the future. Don’t take your dreams with levity.
Whenever you have a bad dream (Night mare) pray immediately you wake up.
Re: Do Dreams Have A Message? by Free(f): 6:04am On Feb 09, 2007
they do

i have had several dreams come tru

i was shocked ma self grin
Re: Do Dreams Have A Message? by agnesoseka: 6:00pm On Mar 18, 2007
I forget my drms most times b4 I even wake up!!
Re: Do Dreams Have A Message? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 28, 2007
Dreams do have a message and it shouldn't be taken lightly.
Re: Do Dreams Have A Message? by dafidixone(m): 4:16pm On Jan 03, 2008
Dreams could be one gift to those who lived by it.

Dreams could be meaningful and dreams could be meaningless.

Whatever dream you had your ethics must be in Godliness. And beleive me your dream become relevant.
Re: Do Dreams Have A Message? by Betty605: 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2008
Seun:

A dream is just your brain trying to make sense of your experiences during the day.
no offence, but you are wrong!!!!!

Certain dreams have meanings but you need to know the ones from God and the ones you yourself want to dream about yeah.
Remember God spoke to his prophet in dreams (e.g Joseph the Dreamer).

Numbers 12:6
", If there is a prophet among you, I the Lord make myself known to him in a vision, I speak with him in a dream, "

ACTS 2:14-21
(14) "But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them, "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words. (15) For these men are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day; (16) but this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:"

17) "And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all Flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; (18) yea, and on my menservants and my maidservants in those days I will pour out my Spirit; and they shall prophesy. (19) And I will show wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth beneath, blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke;”

take a look at this post
+++++
The Bible is literally filled with terms that are related to symbolisms. God spoke to his prophets in dreams and visions and Jesus spoke in parables. Why ? Not so that it would be easy to understand but because it made it hard for those who had their own "brand of truth" to understand it. (Mark 4:10 Luke 10:21-22)
There are those who believe this day has come and gone, but I am here to tell you they were only shadows of things yet to come. Things which are taking place even at this very time. The workings of the Holy Spirit of God in the past were only a small sample of the things He has planned for this world. I would also add that many of those events were symbolic of things yet to come. Also, God has consistently hidden the truth and verifications for the truth of different things in plain sight using several different methods yet only few ever discover these things. Like the secret Bible Code found in the Old Testament, and other clues for different things like Mount Zion, the altar to God mentioned in Isaiah 19:18-20 and the Chief Corner Stone that was rejected by the builders.

In this day and age, knowledge has increased. There are signs in heaven all ready and people are being contacted by the spirit of God. They are having dreams and visions and are prophesying concerning the works of God and things yet to come. They are being given an understanding of things written in the scriptures and they are virtually coming out of the "woodwork."

There are signs in the heavens, there are "UFO" sightings and "Landings" being reported worldwide. There are crop circles appearing in various places on earth. There are supernatural contacts being made, and many are being described as a religious experience. Are they "aliens," "demons," or "angels"? Perhaps some of each, but we must take notice of these events. We must consider what is written in the scriptures and ask our own questions. Were the “Sons of God” that were mentioned in Genesis aliens or angels? Could it be they are just different terms to describe the same things? One of the books of Enoch says they were the Gregori and he called them both “great and giant men” as well as fallen angels.

The scriptures say that God’s prophets were a strange and peculiar people. It says that God spoke to them in dreams and visions. Are there still prophets yet to this day? Of course there are. People still have dreams and visions. Some of these "prophets" are very strange people who have knowledge of things that make many people wonder. Some say they are just “crazy people” and others say, "Who are they and what are they doing here?”

Having a better understanding of your dreams can also give you a better and deeper understanding of certain historical writings as well as certain other things in the world around us.
Re: Do Dreams Have A Message? by Xvalier: 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2008
Whatever your dream might be, Always remember that We have a MORE SURE WORD of prophecy (The WORD OF GOD), wherein you do well if you take heed to it, (2Pet 1: 19)

Whether you dream that you will be a multi billionaire or that you and Bill Gates had a lunch together with President Bush, always remember that the plan of God for your life will take place, which will give you Happiness, joy and Peace, it may never be you being a millionaire.

Do not let dreams distract you from what your most important love is.

Heb 1: 1 - 2, tells us a lot, do not get distracted by your dreams, stick to the WORD, this is truth, it is more real than what your dream or anyone tells you.
Re: Do Dreams Have A Message? by ow11(m): 10:11pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ betty

How on earth would you know which one is from God? abi will God tell you in the dream or you will just assume and waste all your time trying to make sense of what you saw in your sleep.

(1) (Reply)

Suicide Is Not Acceptable No Matter The Circumstances! / Absolutely Brilliant Evidence For Human Evolution; Vitamin C / The Flat Earth Lie and Myth . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.