Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man (24568 Views)

5 Great Work-from-home Jobs You Can Do While Job Hunting / Some Fun While Job Hunting / “Don’t Come With Charms”, Oil Company Says In Job Test Invite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man by Sezua(m): 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2017
realone2012:
Thanks much
Hope u got it?
Please keep me in he loop incase it leads to something positive.
Re: Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man by MrCEO69(m): 2:21pm On Mar 14, 2017
ymee:
Good points, let me table my problem here who knows

Bsc mat/comp.sci 2.1
SERVICES
1. Computer appreciation
2. Web designing
3. Online registration
4. Corporate training
5. Software Training
6. Graphics designing
7. systems repair, installation and troubleshooting etc
KEY COMPETENCIES
- Microsoft office proficient.
- PowerPoint, CorelDraw, Photoshop,fireworks, Illustrator, PageMaker etc.
- Html, C++, CSS, Php, WordPress, blogger
- Diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair. System integration and data
migration
- Customer relationship management and Strong problem solving abilities
- Performance monitoring and optimization. Multi-tasking and project
management
contact
babs4realscience@yahoo.com
Thanks.

no js exp
Re: Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man by ednut1(m): 2:38pm On Mar 14, 2017
advocatebaba:
NO... Y PERSON PAPA GO SPEND MORE DAN 3M 4SCHOOL FEES ND E STILL DAY LUK 4WORK... E CAN ESTABLISH A BUSINESS 4HIM NW SINCE MONEY DEY.
no be everybody wey go private uni, some hustle pay am ni o.
Re: Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man by Wiltonoreps07: 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
This really hits the nail on the head, and am sure this will serve as a touchstone for grads to evaluate themselves when faced with the dilemma of being a fool or a wise man. Anyways av as well fell in the category of the wise one's and i understand wt it looks like all the way up. Bigups @kinibigdeal !!!
Re: Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man by gentlegenius(m): 4:48pm On Mar 14, 2017
kinibigdeal:

It means you dont know the scope of your job. Let me give you a tip, what do you know about Facility management in the context of your discipline? How does your discipline relate to the construction industry? You need to know more about your discipline before complaining of opportunities. You have no business with marketing if you know the question why, where and how! thanks
We are here to educate one another and not for ostentation. Now, tell me what I don't know about the scope of my job. Tell me how facility management and construction relates to my field. Tell me anything you know about my field that you think I don't know; since you have decided to ask me irrelevant questions instead of facing the hard facts that I raised above.
We are not victims of the challenges of this world, but we are victims of how we see and react to the challenges of the world. Unemployment is currently our major challenge in this country. But If educated young people like us will fail to see the beginning/cause of this problem, then we can't expect to see its end. You disappoint me so much by insinuating that a marketer knows more about my discipline than I do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man by Techlavida: 7:08pm On May 30, 2017
Well, y'all need to see this:

https://www.nairaland.com/3830545/how-unemployment-may-actually-just#57031539

It's titled "How unemployment may actually be just what you need"

Stay tech.
Re: Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man by olayinkajnr(m): 9:59am On Aug 19, 2017
essayafr:
Writers needed in an essay writing company . become a freelancer and get extra income . submit your application to service@essayafrica.com

Hello, i saw your pm and I've responded accordingly
Re: Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man by djoe21(m): 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2017
kinibigdeal:
Our regular dictionary explains a fool as ''someone who acts unwisely or imprudently; a silly person'' while same dictionary explains a wise man as someone ''with experience, knowledge, and a good judgement''.

Before i elucidate further, take a look at the following statistics in order to have a clearer picture of where am heading to. A research was carried out by ''Jobstreet journal'' to determine the core reasons why ''Fresh graduates are finding it hard to get a job'' the respondents employed for the research were majorly ''employers of labour''. The findings from the research reveals that 68% of the employers agrees that ''UNREALISTIC SALARIES AND BENEFITS, BEING TOO CHOOSY ON JOBS'' were the two major reasons why fresh graduate couldnt get a job.
http://www.jobstreet.com.my/career-resources/employers-fresh-graduates-unrealistic-expectations/

What then is my points regarding the topic?

I will classify 90% of unemployed graduate in the category of a ''wise man'' while the remaining 10% are the fools. Why? Because a fool will rather dine with a pig to get fed while a wise man will rather go hungry than to dine with a pig. I'm not saying there are jobs in Nigeria but i'm saying many of the unemployement situation in Nigeria are ''Self afflicted'' How? Recalling the findings of the ''Jobstreet journals'' you will discover that many of our fresh graduate are being too choosy on jobs.
Everyone wants to work with Dangote, NLNG, Telecomms etc to boost ego's but no one is ready to start with ''Kabiru's Incorporated''. That's the problem! Everyone want to start with fat salary, impress their peers on instagram, Nairaland and show fleets of current ride's on facebook but no one is ready to sacrifice. Am not saying is a crime to be ambitious, but am asking if such ambition can work in a ''rotting system''? See i started my first job as a 'Fool' with a pay of 25k while many of my colleagues were mocking me and waiting to submit ''applications' in the next job adverts in Dangote. Yea, the mocking is for real when your monthly transport fare is around 15k and you are earning 25k, of what benefit is the remaining 10k? But to me, my aim was beyond the firm! I wanted to build a platform, i wanted to gain experience, i wanted to build a ''referral''. Ofcourse it did work! It was from the low paying firm that i connect to a better paying firm. Today, i may not be earning as large as the guy's in the oil sector but am 'confortable'' while those that mocked me then are still jobless after 5years with no experience. Who will employed them? The truth is, no firm is ready to train any fresh graduate any longer because of the present state of the economy. So be a fool!

Conclusions

The best ways to fight unemployment in Nigeria is to seek ''experience'' where ever possible and forget your own ''intuition of wisdom''. How do you get the experience? Start from somewhere even if the pay is not encouraging, focus on developing yourself, use the influence of the coy to 'Network yourself, sell yourself'' and most importantly, make sure you build yourself to a level where the low paying coy cant do without you, they will be forced to review your earning. A fool will rather go for a job of 15k while a wise man will insist on a job of 1m (while staying inexperienced), at the end, a fool would have gathered enough experience to remain ''distinguished'' and employable while the wiseman will remain inexperience and keep blaming ''employers'' for seeking for experience. How can you study marketing and be scared of ''Marketing' position at Chukwudi incorporatd''? How will you know your strength and weakness irrespective of the salary? How will you study insurance and you cant apply at ''Hassan's Assurance'' because of the low pay? You can only help yourself before the government helps you. I know is not easy but we have to keep trying

You made some good points.

Interested persons can apply here asap though
SHININGSTAR PROPERTY & INVESTMENT LTD.

The above named company is currently recruiting Sales Executives.

QUALIFICATION: Minimum of OND.

REMUNERATION: N30,000 basic allowance plus commission.

Interested persons should send their CVs to djoe4u_44@yahoo.com
Re: Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man by Smartjob1(f): 3:03am On Aug 20, 2017
You nailed it Op. We are "too educated" to take up some positions. In fact, we want to start from the position of a general manager even when we have not managed ourselves before.

Thanks.

For those still looking for that dream job? Want an easy HRM as an HR manager? Find, connect, share, and chat with your favourite employers, business mentors and partners. Get the results you seek. Sign up now and update your CV and profile. Grow your brand through your connections. Join now. It is free!

Re: Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man by jmichael259(m): 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2018
Sebastine1994:
This one is your cup of tea oh. The problem with you nigerians is that you want to deny everything even in the Face of daunting evidence. Forget this your preaching, the short of it is that there is no job. Why must you always make excuse to justify everything. So I should go and take up a job that pays 4000 a month, just because I want experience. My friend the short of your long tale is that people should get these experience from school. Why should you even work for someone if you are so smart

If you have certificates without skills; THERE IS NO JOB.

If you get handwork; you will be begging your job to give you chance to do other things.

Argue with clarence peters and footballers, even aba bag and cloth tailors or nnewi fabricators not forgetting your daily food sellers, drivers.

[/b] No matter how big or small or how Posh or dirty the job looks. Handwork is the future. It is everlasting.[b]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? / WAEC Is Recruiting For Assistant Examinations Officer (audit) / Is GNLD Now Dealing With Touts, Illiterates Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.