Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? (9205 Views)

Designer Introduces Clothes Made Out Of Cond0ms (photo) / Brazilian Designer Introduces Clothes Made Out Of Condoms! / What Is Wrong In Wearing Clothes Made From Animal Skin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by koolchicco: 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2009
Naija products. u like?

Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by koolchicco: 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2009
Amede's designs

Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by slimes(m): 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2009
faakay:

I buy from any stores, local oo, any as long as it is good to go

I don't buy names/designer, I buy good looking wears even if na 1 naira, all na scope grin

Same for me too!
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by semid4lyfe(m): 1:30am On Dec 30, 2009
Everybody dey run mouth now but when you peep into their wardrobes, na so so T.M Lewin, Tommy Hilfiger, GAP etc person go see as u no go see any 9ja made except the native attires.

Shioor!
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by chiogo(f): 2:34am On Dec 30, 2009
Yup, I don't even look at where my clothes are made. Wetin concern me? grin
If it looks good, I'll buy.
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by oakcha(m): 4:14am On Dec 30, 2009
Sometimes i wonder what have become of our beloved country when the people them selves don't appreciate what they have.
Am a student studying for my masters program outside of Nigeria, before i travelled, i made all my clothes from Aba, you wont believe it from shirts to trousers, to suit.
Anytime i wear my clothes my classmates from over 13 countries keep asking me where did i buy them from, for sure i will say 9ja.
I went to a conference with my supervisor and i was putting on a suit, so he asked where did i bought the outfit from, i said its from Nigeria and made in Nigeria as well.
He made a comment that really touched me that day,"so good things come out from that country" and to be frank. when i was graduating he was pleading for me to run my phd program with him,
Please appreciate what you have,
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:18am On Dec 30, 2009
yes. I actually wear a lot of that, my shoes re made by walking faith, a female cobbler
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by Outstrip(f): 5:54am On Dec 30, 2009
I don't care where it is made. it just has to be reasonable
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by chelseabmw(m): 5:58am On Dec 30, 2009
shocked
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by gidson12(m): 7:31am On Dec 30, 2009
most of the suits u guys put on are actually made in aba, with foreign labels and properly suit cased to make it look foreign
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA1: 9:02am On Dec 30, 2009
null.
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by Murphyebsu(m): 10:12am On Dec 30, 2009
Ya i like made niaja stuf
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by kemisuga(f): 10:25am On Dec 30, 2009
Yes, they are okay for me. wink
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by kpalasa69(m): 11:01am On Dec 30, 2009
I prefer ABA made

Bro i have a coz who does that thing, we can supply you mucci and lewis victor, you know same everything and quality just for you, and did i forget mention he has his own clothing line incase you are interested too, Obinnaya settings, so we will be proud to dress you the Aba way wink
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by Habib16(m): 11:19am On Dec 30, 2009
@Poster which kind post be this abeg dis no be reasonable topic. Why u go dey ask say we no go appreciate wetin our Countrie dey do for us. Abeg come check my Clothe starting 4rm my boxer to my dress all made in Nigeria Phat! Phatz!! Phated!!! Nigeria Proudly naija lol I'm out.
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by lawrence83: 11:49am On Dec 30, 2009
Why not? if not
So far the Ralph lauren does not spell Rauf laurel and the playa is not on a camel.
I ll buy it.
Its proudly Nigeria baby.
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by kech(f): 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2009
lawrence83:

Why not? if not
So far the Ralph lauren does not spell Rauf laurel and the playa is not on a camel.
I ll buy it.
Its proudly Nigeria baby.

LOL!! You no go kill me ooo!! Those ABA people eh? Dem too musshh. Once saw a Polo shirt with the man missing from the horse.  But truth be told, those flaws aside, they are good. I remember someone who works there telling me he had orders to fulfill. Guess who those orders were from? A supposedly well known Naija designer (name withheld).  shocked I don't think it's bad ooo, cos they sew it well. By the time they put on their designer label, who go know? ABA is just like China. If you want to mass produce in Naija, that's where to go. A lot of foreign designers get their stuff done in China.
For both China and ABA, the main thing is quality and what grade you want. If you want cut and paste work for cheap, you'll get it. If you want a higher quality, you'll also get it. Thank God for ABA ooo! If not 70% of Naija will find it difficult to get clothes. Most of those clothes and shoes you buy from Balogun and the likes, where do you think they come from?? shocked If you think they come from "abroad", you must be a dreamer.
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by Owugal(f): 9:13pm On Dec 30, 2009
Of course why not. for the most part they are very well made. and look better than the ones made here, better quality too. there are clothes made abroad that are fo bad quality too. yes yes yes. the more it is made in nigeria including the cotton milling, the more i shall buy it.
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by lovelynk(f): 2:14am On Dec 31, 2009
My borthers are designers based in Aba and i can assure u that a greater percentage of the alreadfy made clothes u buy are the products of Aba designers.they have customers that come from all parts country:Lagos,ibadan,kano,kaduna,abuja,portharcourt,jos,just name it.
I have had the priviledge of assiting in the finishing section and i tel u by the time we iron and package them in all those foreign packagin materials u wont be a ble to tell wc is foreign and wc is local.(we also have local packeting)

As a matter of fact,i dont buy any ready made clothes,i just buy the material and take it to those designers and they make it for me(tailored to my size and choice) and it was always very good.I remember during my school days some of friends travel all the way to aba to make their clothes based on my recommendation and they were ever satisfied.Besides it cost them much less.

Al those who say they wont, u are probably buying and wearing them without knowing it.
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:23am On Dec 31, 2009
Hell yes. . . . . Loving the pictures
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by Moyola(f): 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2009
Why not?!
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by shedybaba: 12:20pm On Jan 01, 2010
first and foremost, no garments is made in this country.out of the 27 textile industries 14 in kaduna all closed down 13 others long gone. from our pants to our shirts are from Asia.they might come in with with big time labels but they all originate from Asia.the cotton farmers in northern Nigeria have lost interest and knowledge in cotton production.so the issue of if we would like to buy made in Nigeria cloths does not arise.excessive importation is worse than corruption.A country that can not clothe herself is not worth to be called a Nation.Lets hide our face in shame.
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 9:02pm On Jan 03, 2010
Thank God for Kayode, my suit was sewn by him, when i wore that same suit to church, my elder brother had to collect his phone number. her bought his suite from SA (almost 70k), didn't believe mine only cost less than 15k grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by mnenaj: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2010
@shedy baba- I think from what some people are posting here, clothes are being made here in nigeria. And i find that really encouraging.
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2010
Sure, we have quality clothes and wears in Nigeria at a cheaper rate

Some people just don't tend to appreciate them and discriminate

honeric01:

Thank God for Kayode, my suit was sewn by him, when i wore that same suit to church, my elder brother had to collect his phone number. her bought his suite from SA (almost 70k), didn't believe mine only cost less than 15k grin grin grin grin

You see

It depends on how the person sow and brand the item.

I bought a slippers in Nigeria abi na pam - 2, na confirm leather:: 1,500 NGN each, he bad gan, i still dey use am till date, u go think say na USA i buy am, ORIGINAL ABA MADE

When I go to stores here and price same slippers, they called exhorbitant price for me and I'm like what? I pluck money on the tree? una dey manya
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 6:25pm On Jan 04, 2010
faakay:

Sure, we have quality clothes and wears in Nigeria at a cheaper rate

Some people just don't tend to appreciate them and discriminate

You see

It depends on how the person sow and brand the item.

I bought a slippers in Nigeria abi na pam - 2, na confirm leather:: 1,500 NGN each, he bad gan, i still dey use am till date, u go think say na USA i buy am, ORIGINAL ABA MADE

When I go to stores here and price same slippers, they called exhorbitant price for me and I'm like what? I pluck money on the tree? una dey manya

Na so oo, even shoes now, i wan start dey do my own, i mean, i wan start to dey give my cobbler do, that guy good and it won't cost me a fortune to make nice and original leather shoes.
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by HipsyDipsy(f): 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2010
why nt?im a proud nigerian.i wnt war low quality sha.
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by lilmama2(f): 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2010
[color=#006600][/color] nope tongue
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by ayettymama(f): 1:53am On Jan 08, 2010
F quality!!!! if it looks good i will buy it!! Fashion has nothing to do with quality (excuse those who have to manage thier clothes for a while no disrespect)
However i dont undertsand why nigerians want to be wearing clothes for years and years *confused*
Re: Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? by DAVE5(m): 2:57am On Jan 24, 2010
So far the quality is good and it looks good i sure will but i wont buy the 1s which they paste big names like adidas,nike,lacoste etc when we all know its fake n the guy sellin it would b so confident tellin u its original

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Effeective Is Perfectwhite Lightening Lotion By Dream Cosmetics ???? / Ever Fallen Victim Of Fake Gold And Silver Before? / Full Tips On Toning Skin Without Burns/spots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.