Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,833 members, 7,802,668 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update (34235 Views)

You Dont Want Your Ex To See Your "Last Seen" Status In Whatsapp. Do This / Whatsapp Introduces Search Group Members To Its Latest Update- (photos) / Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Reediano(m): 9:05am On Mar 14, 2017

Last month, WhatsApp introduced the "Video status updates" feature which works just like story on Instagram and Snapchat. But unfortunately, the new feature didn't go down well with a lot of people.

While many people were not okay with how the new feature removes the simplicity from WhatsApp, others complained about the removal of the contact tab and also text status.
Now WhatsApp has decided to fix one of these issues by re introducing the Text status feature. The feature which was added to the latest WhatsApp Version 2.17.95 is currently available to the beta users only and it works just like before.

This new change does not eliminate the video status option, which means you now have both the old text status and the new temporary video status. Since the feature is currently available to the beta testers only, most users might not see it yet until it's pushed out to everyone.

http://www.yomitech.com/2017/03/whatsapp-reintroduces-old-text-status.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Oscarpraise(m): 10:02am On Mar 14, 2017
Nice one from whatsapp, please let the old status bar be introduced, can't wait to use it on my itel S31
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Reediano(m): 12:38pm On Mar 14, 2017
You Can Now Send And Receive Money Through Gmail App On Android

http://www.yomitech.com/2017/03/you-can-now-send-and-receive-money.html

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by encryptjay(m): 1:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
Oscarpraise:
Nice one from whatsapp, please let the old status bar be introduced, can't wait to use it on my itel S31
Itel S31 ambassadors sha grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Reediano(m): 2:21pm On Mar 14, 2017
You Can Now Send And Receive Money Through Gmail App On Android

https://www.nairaland.com/3683578/now-send-receive-money-through

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by KennyID17(m): 4:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
encryptjay:

As in grin cheesy, how much them dey pay them? Lemme too b hyping iTel like this grin

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by ladyF(f): 5:36pm On Mar 14, 2017
Just imagine. And i have been looking for how to edit my status message for days now. angry

Lol initialize and justi4jesu oya go back and thank Ahmtech for this information tongue

6 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by justi4jesu(f): 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2017
ladyF:
Just imagine. And i have been looking for how to edit my status message for days now. angry

Lol initialize and justi4jesu oya go back and thank Ahmtech for this information tongue

One chance, did it work?
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 14, 2017
encryptjay:
cheesy.
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by OCTAVO: 6:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
Cool.
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Reediano(m): 7:13pm On Mar 14, 2017
KennyID17:

As in grin cheesy, how much them dey pay them? Lemme too b hyping iTel like this grin
MAn needs to hustle
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by initialize(m): 7:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
ladyF:

E never start to work na
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Chanchit: 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
I won't be needing it, since I didn't leave my old WhatsApp in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by yusufibrahim(m): 9:18pm On Mar 14, 2017
Let watttapp continue adding new features o....... Them no know say na data we dey carry update am

8 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Mustay(m): 10:09pm On Mar 14, 2017
You only need to read the review comments on PlayStore to know how unpopular this move was. I had fears that Facebook's takeover would affect the likeability of the app. The product is unique because it's simple. Trying to be an Instagram, FB, We chat, BBM in one package may spell ⬇ doom. The developers need to take customer inputs seriously.

20 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Reediano(m): 10:31pm On Mar 14, 2017
Mustay:
You only need to read the review comments on PlayStore to know how unpopular this move was. I had fears that Facebook's takeover would affect the likeability of the app. The product is unique because it's simple. Trying to be an Instagram, FB, We chat, BBM in one package may spell ⬇ doom. The developers need to take customer inputs seriously.

The truth is that Facebook is using this to get back at Snapchat for not selling ......

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 14, 2017
Better for them o.
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by superfelix: 11:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
Whatsapp should address d Contact List too.. if i check a contact, i should stil be in d contact list and not chat, just like d previous versions

11 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by kogbaski99: 1:37am On Mar 15, 2017
Why didnt my whatsapp change on my Tecno phone
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by jeeqaa7(m): 7:30am On Mar 15, 2017
Whatsapp that cannot change dp as easy as bbm... Is that one whatsapp?

5 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 15, 2017
Will it work on BlackBerry Bold 5? grin
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Marveleuphoria: 7:32am On Mar 15, 2017
better... coz someone's mama was already complaining b4
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by hardywaltz(m): 7:32am On Mar 15, 2017
Better
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Goahead(m): 7:34am On Mar 15, 2017
That video story or whatever sucks angry
Too childish for my liking, and to even compound my utmost fatuity, the video will disappear after 24 hours like WTF?

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by KINGwax007(m): 7:34am On Mar 15, 2017
What about contact list?
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Alisegun(m): 7:36am On Mar 15, 2017
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by dahunsy(f): 7:38am On Mar 15, 2017
Coughs*** clears throat# after been ban for a whole month what else can Nairaland do?
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by praisekeyzz(m): 7:38am On Mar 15, 2017
Goahead:
That video story or whatever sucks angry
Too childish for my liking, and to even compound my utmost fatuity, the video will disappear after 24 hours like WTF?
Round of applause for him people

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by bobbybrown007: 7:46am On Mar 15, 2017
if i were to be him ehn, i would have allowed whatsapp to work on all phones. The more it supports all phones the more money he has
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 15, 2017
They should completely remove the snapchat feature thing jare.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:54am On Mar 15, 2017
What is whatsapp

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S6's Earphones [Pictures] / Infinix Hot 7 And Infinix Hot 7 Pro Specs : Upcoming Infinix Smartphone In 2019 / Girl Sells Her Belongings To Buy Iphone7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.