Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,664 members, 7,805,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

"I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate (36893 Views)

Buhari Nominates Anthony Ojukwu As NHRC Boss, Writes Senate For Approval / I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by dre11(m): 11:35am On Mar 14, 2017
Leke Baiyewu, Abuja

The Comptroller General , Nigeria Customs Service , Col . Hameed Ali ( retd . ), has told the Senate that he would not appear before the lawmakers on Wednesday as it coincided with the routine management of the NCS .

The Customs boss asked the upper chamber of the National Assembly fix another date for his appearance .

Ali’ s letter was read to lawmakers at the plenary on Tuesday.

The letter was signed by an Assistant Comptroller General .

The lawmakers condemned Ali for relegating the Senate and for failing to personally sign the letter.
Details later …

http://punchng.com/breaking-i-wont-appear-before-you-on-wednesday-customs-boss-writes-senate/

6 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by thinkdip(m): 11:37am On Mar 14, 2017
Impunity at its peak, Buhari is back to destroy this country. This man should be removed asap, because he's only setting a bad precedent.

187 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by LordIsaac(m): 11:37am On Mar 14, 2017
Why should he be removed? He is only doing his job and has no time to stroke the ego of the noise makers. The house was created for the people, not the people for the house. The dishonourable members have made the house dishonourable. They are not qualified to order anybody. So, say what you may, he has called their bluff!
Infact, as a citizien, I order the senate to publish its budget in line with the code of conduct and freedom of information act. Look at them, they are now alive when it comes to uniform. But it was under their watch the former customs boss milked the country dry with impunity!

103 Likes 14 Shares

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by sweery(f): 11:38am On Mar 14, 2017
ok

Why

What happened

2 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by NextGovernor(m): 11:39am On Mar 14, 2017
This country and many drama everyday. After this another episode of Apostle Suleman will come out later in the evening. Can't wait.. lol.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by SlimBrawnie(f): 11:39am On Mar 14, 2017
Hr's daring
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by DrDeji20(m): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2017
hmm
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by vedaxcool(m): 11:41am On Mar 14, 2017
grin grin grin chio wailing zombies go dey in serious pains.

Ride on sir.

5 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by chinybelle(f): 11:44am On Mar 14, 2017
We are watching the drama.
Toothless senate

Select Gorgeous yet affordable hairs from chinybelle
Hurry...

6 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by hucienda: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2017
hehehe ... dis man sha. Well, na N'Ass dem approve im appointment in d first place - elevating impunity that's come to bite them in the behind.

Let's see who will eventually bow to the other. Who blinks first? The institution. Or. The individual.

#LookmanModeActivated

17 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Qyubee(m): 11:58am On Mar 14, 2017
I have a feeling that this man will opt to resign eventually.....giving NASS a run 4 their money Is what excites me.

25 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by omowolewa: 12:00pm On Mar 14, 2017
Rock solid ego!

Routine management and not even extraordinary event!

NASS should just write that he should propose a convenient day for the meeting.

Glo with pride jare Customer.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by SweetBoyFriend(m): 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2017

Just like Buhari

He's above the law

16 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by sebe97: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
NextGovernor:
This country and many drama everyday. After this another episode of Apostle Suleman will come out later in the evening. Can't wait.. lol.

azzin naija na movie setting

2 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
This man is being victimised because the Senate Commitee on Customs (juicy commitee) can no longer make money from Customs. All this talk about uniform is to intimidate him to resign so their man can be appointed

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by crestedaguiyi: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
senators, baba don come back na.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by LePrezident(m): 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
Wow
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Lescalier: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
I'll like to read the laws and see what powers the senate have on the CG of Customs or even the agency.

They should Bleep him up if they can.

The man is just a rat headed idiot.

6 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Negotiate: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
Guts
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by DCMIX(m): 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
U want to go and see ur babalawo first abi?
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Isupaefugbemi00(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
Odikwa risky

Yeezyy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Beremx(f): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
In as much as i dislike his pride and ego, the man is very handsome. grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by moyinoluwabun(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
Let's see who's gonna bend first
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Olateef(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
Grabs popcorn
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by QuietHammer(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
Murthafvcker! I like him. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
grin grin grin grin

In 24hrs time, Nigerians would have forgotten Tonto Dikeh/Churchill, Apostle Suleiman/Benefactors, President Buhari/Osibanjo, Davido/HushPuppy and they will want the blood of Hamed Ali even Kemen won't make the cut

21 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Temptee101(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
Since this buffon was appointed CG of NCS he has always been in the news for the wrong reasons either making obnoxious and unguarded policies or spewing gibberish. Well, i don't blame him; i blame that old, incompetent bubu that nominated him. That also serves the senate right, when next they want to confirm any fuul they will be more cautious and thorough about it. Meanwhile still watching the show as it unfolds

3 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by oluwayimika123: 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2017
This man is only trying to prove stubborn and showing
an attitude of u ve got nothing to do to me.

my take is cant d Asst comptroller Gen do d checks
must he always b dre.

we all know what he is trying to prove
1st he wont wear d uniform
now he wont attend d plenaries
belittling dem by asking d asst compt Gen 2 respond 2 dier invite.

let's see d way it's going to play out

3 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Otapipia: 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2017
Should vacate the seat if he cannot respect the Senate of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits Scene Of Building Collapse In Abuja (Photos) / New Naira Notes: Protesters Block Roads In Warri / Gabriel Suswam Laughing As DSS Releases Him From Prison (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.