Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Change Of Ownership Issues - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Change Of Ownership Issues (610 Views)

Change Of Ownership For Naija Used Cars Call/WhatsApp: 08182880902 / New Vehicle Registration | Change Of Ownership | Vehicle Papers Renewal @carreg / Change Of Ownership Is Our Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Of Ownership Issues by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
Hello,

Just bought a Naija used vehicle and I was told I can't use the number registered on it that I need to register and get a new plate number registered with my name. I have never bought a car from someone before, my last car was Tokunbo and I duly registered it. I was thinking I needed to just do a change of ownership and continue with the number registered on the car, but o was told things have changed.

Pls I need your input. Experts in the house
Re: Change Of Ownership Issues by seyigiggle: 2:58pm On Mar 14, 2017
yes they are right. plate no is for one user only no matter the different nos of vehicles used by the owner.
you've got to buy a new number plate.
your mistake, you should not have sold your car with the number.
if you can retract it, pls do!!!
Re: Change Of Ownership Issues by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2017
seyigiggle:
yes they are right. plate no is for one user only no matter the different nos of vehicles used by the owner.
ok thanks
Re: Change Of Ownership Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:33pm On Mar 14, 2017
QuintusLentulus:
Hello,

Just bought a Naija used vehicle and I was told I can't use the number registered on it that I need to register and get a new plate number registered with my name. I have never bought a car from someone before, my last car was Tokunbo and I duly registered it. I was thinking I needed to just do a change of ownership and continue with the number registered on the car, but o was told things have changed.

Pls I need your input. Experts in the house

contact pattybf 08023138853 for change of ownership and new plate number.
Re: Change Of Ownership Issues by pattybf(f): 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2017
seyigiggle:

Well said!
Re: Change Of Ownership Issues by daddysuki(m): 6:20am On Mar 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

contact pattybf 08023138853 for change of ownership and new plate number.
How much is it now to do A change of ownership on a registered new plate numbered car already been used in Nigeria? What is required to retain that registered old number of same car
Re: Change Of Ownership Issues by daddysuki(m): 6:22am On Mar 19, 2017
seyigiggle:

How much is it now to do A change of ownership on a registered new plate numbered car already been used in Nigeria? What is required to retain that registered old number of same car
Re: Change Of Ownership Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:48am On Mar 19, 2017
daddysuki:

1 Like

Re: Change Of Ownership Issues by fkj950ax(m): 6:53am On Mar 19, 2017
If you did sell your Tokunbo with the plate number, I advise you go get it back.

If that car is used for any criminal act, and the car's number is quoted by witnesses, SARS would come looking for you.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD SOLD SOLD Reg. Super Neat 2007 Model Ford Escape Limited Available Forsale / For Sale!!fresh Mercedes Benz C300 2015 / 2007 Mercedes Benz E240 @1.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.