Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,743 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Are You Really Qualified For The Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are You Really Qualified For The Job? (7833 Views)

Lady In Tears After Reducing Her Age To Get A Job She Qualified For With Her Rea / Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For / When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by sixtus3606(m): 7:24pm On Mar 14, 2017
In contrast to the post by Eshinery, incase you missed it https://www.nairaland.com/3680366/how-many-years-did-spend
and kinibigdeal

https://www.nairaland.com/3680877/unemployment-why-fool-always-successful

After i left secondary school in 2007, i started working for my uncle who owns a pharmaceautical outlet in balogun, Idumota, while i hustled for my OND. I was the youngest amongst my colleagues(But i was more educated than them all)..No be fumble grin
Because of my academic background(thanks to my mum), i was priviledged to assume the position as the manager(Na one man business sha).

In 2010, i left my uncle(due to much inconveniences, no pay and trust issues) and secured a job in an iceblock factory. The wife was the in charge before i came in and my takehome was 10k/month. Thereafter, i was assigned as the manager with my salary raised @ 3% extra!
I was a manager for 3years, then i left in 2013.

Later on, that same year 2013, i got a job in a hotel. worked as a waiter, attendant and even receptionist with a monthly pay of 16,100. Though with other great benefits, food, mortgage and health insurance.

I left there in 2014 and got a job as a salesman with a mass garment production factory in ikeja. Lucky enough, i am social savvy with quite a level of graphic design experience and this earned me the positon as a Graphic Designer and social media manager of the same company(name withheld). Wisely, i applied as a security officer(Night) with a security oufit and i was posted to omole phase 2, a surburb of Lagos.

My day working(Graphics design and social media) hours was 9a.m to 5p.m while my night working hours(Security) was 7p.m to 7a.m. i was earning 30k from my day job, on the other hand i earned 25k as a night security supervisor, making a total of 55k(plus numerous benefits from the likes of E-money, Ifeanyi Ubah and residents in general). I worked as a graphic designer, social media manager and security officer from 2014 to 2016.

Presently, i work with one of the leading microfinance bank in Nigeria as a Brand Support Assistant(Majorly in Graphic design and minorly, social media, internal and external communications...blah blah blah). I have developed at least 6 websites and i have managed about 12 websites as a freelancer before i secured the bank job. Thus, you can see i was well groomed and i can literally fit into any work environment. I currently earn close to 10x of my first salary at the moment. I am currently running a part-time BSc. program. I HAVE A DREAM!

So, to all undergraduates, fresh graduates and job-seekers out there...biko, start from anywhere, you can't tell where your job will lead you. i remember i posted something about Digital Marketing yesterday on my facebook page, our HR manager commented on the post, that he would like to introduce me to someone.

Please and please...don't wait for that office work. Don't spend your precious time(time is money) surfing the web foolishlisy. Instead, go online, read articles, enrol in free online courses and develop yourself.(no be everything dem go teach you for school).

I DROP MY PEN HERE!

34 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by ksstroud: 8:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
You tried

3 Likes

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by sixtus3606(m): 9:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
ksstroud:
You tried
my brother...no be small thing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 9:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
You really hustled. The world always seem to pave the "way" for the man who knows where he is going.
Keep up with you are doing and the end you will dine on the table of "men".

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by sixtus3606(m): 9:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
You really hustled. The world always seem to pave the "way" for the man who knows where he is going.
Keep up with you are doing and the end you will dine on the table of "men".
thank you very much brother

2 Likes

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by samijay8(m): 10:23pm On Mar 14, 2017
e no easy eh ooooo
Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by Lero15(m): 10:25pm On Mar 14, 2017
Baba u don see things oo. Twale.
Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by napoleon77(m): 10:33pm On Mar 14, 2017
sixtus3606:
In contrast to the post by Eshinery, incase you missed it https://www.nairaland.com/3680366/how-many-years-did-spend
and kinibigdeal

https://www.nairaland.com/3680877/unemployment-why-fool-always-successful

After i left secondary school in 2007, i started working for my uncle who owns a pharmaceautical outlet in balogun, Idumota, while i hustled for my OND. I was the youngest amongst my colleagues(But i was more educated than them all)..No be fumble grin
Because of my academic background(thanks to my mum), i was priviledged to assume the position as the manager(Na one man business sha).

In 2010, i left my uncle(due to much inconveniences, no pay and trust issues) and secured a job in an iceblock factory. The wife was the in charge before i came in and my takehome was 10k/month. Thereafter, i was assigned as the manager with my salary raised @ 3% extra!
I was a manager for 3years, then i left in 2013.

Later on, that same year 2013, i got a job in a hotel. worked as a waiter, attendant and even receptionist with a monthly pay of 16,100. Though with other great benefits, food, mortgage and health insurance.

I left there in 2014 and got a job as a salesman with a mass garment production factory in ikeja. Lucky enough, i am social savvy with quite a level of graphic design experience and this earned me the positon as a Graphic Designer and social media manager of the same company(name withheld). Wisely, i applied as a security officer(Night) with a security oufit and i was posted to omole phase 2, a surburb of Lagos.

My day working(Graphics design and social media) hours was 9a.m to 5p.m while my night working hours(Security) was 7p.m to 7a.m. i was earning 30k from my day job, on the other hand i earned 25k as a night security supervisor, making a total of 55k(plus numerous benefits from the likes of E-money, Ifeanyi Ubah and residents in general). I worked as a graphic designer, social media manager and security officer from 2014 to 2016.

Presently, i work with one of the leading microfinance bank in Nigeria as a Brand Support Assistant(Majorly in Graphic design and minorly, social media, internal and external communications...blah blah blah). I have developed at least 6 websites and i have managed about 12 websites as a freelancer before i secured the bank job. Thus, you can see i was well groomed and i can literally fit into any work environment. I currently earn close to 10x of my first salary at the moment. I am currently running a part-time BSc. program. I HAVE A DREAM!

So, to all undergraduates, fresh graduates and job-seekers out there...biko, start from anywhere, you can't tell where your job will lead you. i remember i posted something about Digital Marketing yesterday on my facebook page, our HR manager commented on the post, that he would like to introduce me to someone.

Please and please...don't wait for that office work. Don't spend your precious time(time is money) surfing the web foolishlisy. Instead, go online, read articles, enrol in free online courses and develop yourself.(no be everything dem go teach you for school).

I DROP MY PEN HERE!

cc: Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy
Mynd44
Ishilove

While working in a hotel for N16k per month you were entitled to a mortgage? Interesting

2 Likes

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by ezra1990: 10:38pm On Mar 14, 2017
I truly am inspired by ur experience

1 Like

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by ogwoliun: 10:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
This our country if you no fit hussle na die u dey ooo! Na to just pray mak Jah pick ur call.

1 Like

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by LOSKYXANDER: 10:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
So inspiring, but wait o, na only you waka come chai....

1 Like

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by SetrakusRa(m): 10:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
I love reading life experiences like this. Indeed, one must start somewhere..

Also, i think the search for jobs should already have started during one's undergraduate days. Get familiar with the Job market, drop the grade mentality and focus on what you can offer in a firm, work on your communication and writing skills, etc.. Just make yourself employable!

Nice one OP.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by jaxxy(m): 10:48pm On Mar 14, 2017
napoleon77:

While working in a hotel for N16k per month you were entitled to a mortgage? Interesting

I think he probably ment free or easy payment accomodation. Lol
Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by fleps(m): 10:57pm On Mar 14, 2017
Thanks
Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by buffalowings: 11:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
napoleon77:

very interesting.

nigeria, mortgage, insurance , hotel worker?

something is fishy here

op explain yaself

1 Like

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by EmmanuelCena(m): 11:25pm On Mar 14, 2017
Shey op will now come and be spending his money on drinks like that hushpuppy abi?
If EFCC took their job seriously , that puppy of a guy would be arrested by now
Or.. Maybe I should go buy a whistle right away!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by tosyne2much(m): 12:29am On Mar 15, 2017
Nice one Bros
Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by datemax: 1:14am On Mar 15, 2017
My day working(Graphics design and social media) hours was 9a.m to 5p.m while my night working hours(Security) was 7p.m to 7a.m. 2016.

From 9a.m to 5p.m you worked during the day, then from 7p.m to 7a.m you worked at night as a security man. This is unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by sixtus3606(m): 4:53am On Mar 15, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:
So inspiring, but wait o, na only you waka come chai....
Lol...my brother, it's been a long way coming wink

1 Like

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by sixtus3606(m): 4:57am On Mar 15, 2017
datemax:

From 9a.m to 5p.m you worked during the day, then from 7p.m to 7a.m you worked at night as a security man. This is unbelievable.
Tjats it my brother. Even at the moment, after the close of work...as soon as I get home, I get down on my freelancing projects(Graphics Design, Web design/Development). As a man, you just have to find something doing. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by sixtus3606(m): 4:59am On Mar 15, 2017
tosyne2much:
Nice one Bros
Thanks bros. Biko help me wake uncle Lalasticlala make e drive this thread to the promised land. people need to be inspired!

*MODIFIED*

FP things. Thank you grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by sixtus3606(m): 5:05am On Mar 15, 2017
buffalowings:

very interesting.

nigeria, mortgage, insurance , hotel worker?

something is fishy here

op explain yaself
what do you want me to explain again? At the hotel where I worked, you get employed with a take home of 16k as a casual worker. After 6months you get staffed and start earning a basic take home of 20k. You apply for Health insurance(mandatory), Pension and mortgage insurance. sonwetin again you wan know?
Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by sixtus3606(m): 5:06am On Mar 15, 2017
jaxxy:

I think he probably ment free or easy payment accomodation. Lol
hmmm...biko scroll down for reference. thank you
Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by sixtus3606(m): 5:08am On Mar 15, 2017
SetrakusRa:

Also, i think the search for jobs should already have started during one's undergraduate days. Get familiar with the Job market, drop the grade mentality and focus on what you can offer in a firm, work on your communication and writing skills, etc.. Just make yourself employable!

Nice one OP.

That's exactly my point. God bless you my brother
Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 15, 2017
Op I hope no be presidency you dey eye?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by ernie4life(m): 7:06am On Mar 15, 2017
SetrakusRa:

Nice one OP.

I totally agree with you, I started my job search before Nysc, I was invited for so many interviews which I fumbled but also learnt a lot, I started reading and thing concerning how job interviews, I built up my confidence and finally got a job before Nysc, the company was so impressed with my work that even when they laid off staff, the retained me, they gave me one month leave for nysc orientation camp and even gave me a letter to enable nysc post me at the company.

While still undergoing nysc I switched jobs reasons I wanted a broader experience, all this I did without a single connection.

Problem with our youth is fear of the unknown

4 Likes

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by sixtus3606(m): 7:08am On Mar 15, 2017
unclezuma:
Op I hope no be presidency you dey eye?
rotfl....me too, I had no shoe grin
Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by Phunkyposh(f): 8:22am On Mar 15, 2017
This is very Inspiring, Op the sky is just your starting point. UP you go...... All the wayhigh...... See you there
Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by tosyne2much(m): 8:52am On Mar 15, 2017
sixtus3606:

Thanks bros. Biko help me wake uncle Lalasticlala make e drive this thread to the promised land. people need to be inspired!

*MODIFIED*

FP things. Thank you grin
It has crepted to the FP baba cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Massive Teaching Staff Positions At Enugu State Universal Basic Education Board / Westfield Consulting Limited Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (8 Positions) / Don't Fall A Victim For I Was Scammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.