Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,884 members, 7,798,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. (5051 Views)

She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor / Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background / Lady Who Said "I Can't Marry Man That Earns N100k Monthly" Caught Begging N50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by olaszydaruma(m): 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
This is my first post on Nairaland, so please don't mind my grammar, in case I made some mistakes as I was in a hurry typing these.

There was a girl I have being dating since August 2015. I met her at a computer IT place, she was learning as an apprentice. I spoke to her and I asked for her number but she was reluctant to give me. Few days later, I went to the place to do some computer graphics work and she was the one attending to me. When she was about finishing the work, I stylishly asked for her number, she didn't give me but collected mine; her excused was that she has lost her phone and planning to get a new one. To cut the long story short, she called me and I make my intentions clear. I was put on trial for three weeks before she could finally said yes.
Midway to the relationship, she decided to take me to her place for the first time. On getting to her place, I saw her sisters and brother and one young child probably between the ages of 1 to 2. She introduces me to them and I was very happy to meet them.
Since then, she has been disturbing me that she has something to tell me but when I asked her what it is, she will only reply later. I'm the kind of person that always anticipate whenever someone has something to tell me. I called her and told her that I hate her attitude of delaying whenever she has something to tell me (its not the first time she will do that), she apologise and promise to tell me at the weekend.
Few days after, she was at my place and after we enjoyed watching a movie together, she looked straight at my face and told me if I could remember the day I followed her to place and I replied yes. She said that young child I saw is her baby, I was really shocked and I thought she was joking because she doesn't look like someone that could have gotten pregnant not to even talk about having a baby. She said she was not joking and I asked her how did it happen. She narrated to me that a guardian who her mother trust her with got her pregnant. The man was to help her study but was adding the other room stuff with it. She said she could not tell her mum because of fear and she did not know she's pregnant until the third month. I asked her if she didn't notice her period will have stop coming during those time, she said she notice but thought it was just a mere period disorder. I was just in awe of everything and could not believe a girl I had wish to be serious with has already given birth before. I asked her how did her parent took the issues, she said they were all mad at her and had the man(married with two kids) that got her pregnant locked up. The man was later freed. She said the issues affected her relationship with her dad and they seldom see face to face. She was in tears narrating all these, all I could do was just to calm her down. I told her nobody in this world that is above mistake and she should try and learn from it.
Since then, I have always acts like a normal boyfriend. I didn't allow what she told me affect our relationship, in order words, I was glad she told me early and I made her know everything is alright between me and her. I was in school then and sometimes she do help me with money when I'm broke.
I decided to seek spiritual guidance about her from my pastor but I was told we can't marry(my pastor have not seen her before). The reason my pastor gave was that the beginning may be rosy but there would be lot of hardship for me in the future. I have grown to love this girl but I don't know how to leave her. I have already been warn not to tell her with words but something will happen that will cause breakup between me and her. Nothing that could cause breakup up is yet to happen and we are still doing great together.

So nairalanders, should I leave this girl or continue dating her and risked what I've being warn, she has really help me during my school days and I believe it will be very harsh on her to leave her after everything we have both pass through. Advice your brother, no insult please.
Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by ikp120(m): 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
Do wetin dey your mind abeg. sad sad

Me seek "spiritual guidance" from a pastor? In this age and generation? Not happening! angry angry

6 Likes

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by dollyjoy(f): 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
End time pastors everywhere.undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by brandonobi(m): 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
u love her, u would like to marry her, and yet u r giving some pastor an opinion, do wat u want bro, if u luv her den go 4 it

1 Like

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by FreeSpirited: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
Sorry I dint feel like reading your epistle to job....But I know many pastors use that scope to corner people's babe....wise up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by Melahou(m): 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Every marriages has its ups and downs...its not always a bed of roses.

Where you expecting your pastor to say it was going to be a smooth ride from the beginning to the end?

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by Durentmoney: 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
pls listen to ur man of God.

But wait. You wan marry single mother?
Ur head dey correct?

Forget d cork and bull story. She willingly fvcked d màn dat got her preggie.

Girls!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by wahles(m): 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
It takes more than spiritual compatibility to stay married, ihave seen d so called peeps dat r spiritual compi aving a messed up marriages nd some being abused all still holding on to being spiritually compi# my brother if u luv her nd she luvs u start with that# All I know is d future is bright

6 Likes

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by wahles(m): 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
Melahou:
Every marriages has its ups and downs...its not always a bed of roses.

Where you expecting your pastor to say it was going to be a smooth ride from the beginning to the end?
my point exactly
Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by Nogodye(m): 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
Talk to your God by yourself.You only own Him account of your destiny and not pastor...If you love the girl then go for her.

1 Like

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by prinxmax(m): 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2017
my brother I believe you are a Christain for seeking out pastors help in the first place. Am not saying the pastor is wrong or right but you have access to the holy spirit, go to God in prayer with an open. mind, seek his guidance...He knows better and He will direct you.
marriage decision is a very critical decision in ones life, you don't make such decisions with your emotions only...love only can't help u make the right choice here....so seek God in prayer , I mean serious deep committed prayer.

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by McBrooklyn(m): 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2017
cry
Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by Splinz(m): 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
Tell your pastor to come to me for his deliverance.

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 15, 2017
Hmm. I don't care if you leave her or you stay.

I just hate the fact you're a coward. You want to leave her but you don't have the balls so you literally created this thread to get the endorsement you need to make you leave but guess what, you'll never get it from me.

All that nonsense about your pastor is a farce.

1 Like

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
FreeSpirited:
Sorry I dint feel like reading your epistle to job....But I know many pastors use that scope to corner people's babe....wise up

You must be attending that 'jerry curl' hairstyle church grin grin grin grin cheesy smh
Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by squarelead(m): 3:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
Marriage is both spiritual and physical.... Make the right choice. Thats all I can say.
Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by bjt(m): 3:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
There is no hardship in marriage that cannot be weathered through with genuine love and commitment. Most Pastors always want to play safe so you don't reference them in the future. They will always see something wrong. Love conquers all things my brother

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by sirusX(m): 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2017
When a person sacrifices for you, it's not advisable to take that for granted

But i am curious, did you commit to the relationship...as in, letting her know you want a future for both of you?

**Modified**

I always say...nothing binds two people together until marriage

I am not a fan of "my pastor says"...but as they say, take it to the Lord in prayer

God never promised an easy life, but reassures us that He would always be there for us

Even if you marry the pastor's daughter or head of choir in your church...that doesn't mean that the future would be rosy

As long as you and your partner have an understanding of each other, and the challenges that come with building a home...that counts for something
Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by olaszydaruma(m): 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
sirusX:

But i am curious, did you commit to the relationship...as in, letting her know you want a future for both of you?

Yes, I've had previous heartbreak relationship and I thought I could have a successful relationship this time.
Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by olaszydaruma(m): 3:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
Durentmoney:
pls listen to ur man of God.
But wait. You wan marry single mother? Ur head dey correct?
Forget d cork and bull story. She willingly fvcked d màn dat got her preggie.

Girls!!!
Yoruba always say "Omo bibi kin se arun" as in giving birth is not a disease
She said she was forcefully raped.
Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
sirusX:

I always say...nothing binds two people together until marriage

I am not a fan of "my pastor says"...but as they say, take it to the Lord in prayer

God never promised an easy life, but reassures us that He would always be there for us

Even if you marry the pastor's daughter or head of choir in your church...that doesn't mean that the future is rosy

As long as you and your partner have an understanding of each other, and the challenges that come with building a home...that counts for something

Read pastor adeboye for requirements a woman must have before you marry her,if she has dem,.pray and marry her
Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by FreeSpirited: 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
tjark1:

You must be attending that 'jerry curl' hairstyle church grin grin grin grin cheesy smh
No be by da one o.....I don't even believe u have to go to church...u may go for the sake of positive reinforcements by way of motivation or the social experience we get in church
Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by sirusX(m): 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

Read pastor adeboye for requirements a woman must have before you marry her,if she has dem,.pray and marry her
I admire words spoken by spiritual minds...I try to understand what the words mean to me, and how they apply to my life

Pastor Adeboye's requirements a woman must have before you marry her
“Don’t ever marry outside RCCG. The reason is that if you are both from the same church even when trouble comes it is easier for the pastors to handle it! Don’t marry a girl simply because she can sing! In the choir there are some people that can sing but they are fallen angels! Marry a prayer warrior! If a girl cannot pray for one hour, don’t marry her. Don’t marry a girl who is lazy! Don’t marry a girl who cannot cook, she needs to know how to do chores and cook because you cannot afford to be eating out all the time. Don’t marry a girl who is worldly! If you do, you have carried what you’ll worship for the rest of your life!”

But as I said; I am not a fan of "my pastor says"...also, we need to recognize that life ain't black and white, & there are grey areas in between

Life has no defined template, but partners need to recognize that people have flaws, and thus find a way to complement them...work in harmony such that they become pluses to each other's negative

It takes God's grace to maintain a happy home...and all we pray is for God's blessings leading us through
Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by jamislaw(m): 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
May be the pastor want to browse her like Alfa Sulaiman.
Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by Teeboy72: 4:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
Bro, u 've done well seeking people opinion. my questions are; Is there anyone that hasn't or won't face hardship? No one would escape from it, we only need to pray to God.
Even those men of God, are their relationship perfect?
Are u to face hardship simply because u marry the girl?

conclusions: No relationship is perfection. close to ur God during good time and bad time. we all have our bad moment.
Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by napoleon77(m): 5:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
olaszydaruma:
This is my first post on Nairaland, so please don't mind my grammar, in case I made some mistakes as I was in a hurry typing these.

There was a girl I have being dating since August 2015. I met her at a computer IT place, she was learning as an apprentice. I spoke to her and I asked for her number but she was reluctant to give me. Few days later, I went to the place to do some computer graphics work and she was the one attending to me. When she was about finishing the work, I stylishly asked for her number, she didn't give me but collected mine; her excused was that she has lost her phone and planning to get a new one. To cut the long story short, she called me and I make my intentions clear. I was put on trial for three weeks before she could finally said yes.
Midway to the relationship, she decided to take me to her place for the first time. On getting to her place, I saw her sisters and brother and one young child probably between the ages of 1 to 2. She introduces me to them and I was very happy to meet them.
Since then, she has been disturbing me that she has something to tell me but when I asked her what it is, she will only reply later. I'm the kind of person that always anticipate whenever someone has something to tell me. I called her and told her that I hate her attitude of delaying whenever she has something to tell me (its not the first time she will do that), she apologise and promise to tell me at the weekend.
Few days after, she was at my place and after we enjoyed watching a movie together, she looked straight at my face and told me if I could remember the day I followed her to place and I replied yes. She said that young child I saw is her baby, I was really shocked and I thought she was joking because she doesn't look like someone that could have gotten pregnant not to even talk about having a baby. She said she was not joking and I asked her how did it happen. She narrated to me that a guardian who her mother trust her with got her pregnant. The man was to help her study but was adding the other room stuff with it. She said she could not tell her mum because of fear and she did not know she's pregnant until the third month. I asked her if she didn't notice her period will have stop coming during those time, she said she notice but thought it was just a mere period disorder. I was just in awe of everything and could not believe a girl I had wish to be serious with has already given birth before. I asked her how did her parent took the issues, she said they were all mad at her and had the man(married with two kids) that got her pregnant locked up. The man was later freed. She said the issues affected her relationship with her dad and they seldom see face to face. She was in tears narrating all these, all I could do was just to calm her down. I told her nobody in this world that is above mistake and she should try and learn from it.
Since then, I have always acts like a normal boyfriend. I didn't allow what she told me affect our relationship, in order words, I was glad she told me early and I made her know everything is alright between me and her. I was in school then and sometimes she do help me with money when I'm broke.
I decided to seek spiritual guidance about her from my pastor but I was told we can't marry(my pastor have not seen her before). The reason my pastor gave was that the beginning may be rosy but there would be lot of hardship for me in the future. I have grown to love this girl but I don't know how to leave her. I have already been warn not to tell her with words but something will happen that will cause breakup between me and her. Nothing that could cause breakup up is yet to happen and we are still doing great together.

So nairalanders, should I leave this girl or continue dating her and risked what I've being warn, she has really help me during my school days and I believe it will be very harsh on her to leave her after everything we have both pass through. Advice your brother, no insult please.

So you marry based on your Pastors opinion and not based on love? Ok.
Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by CeeJay9ja(m): 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
Give him tithe, he will bless the union

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2017
It was a pastor who brought my sister's impotent husband to our family. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by bibijay123(f): 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
Go and ask another pastor, you will find that the revelations will be different. Besides you can fast and pray about it. You can either decide to change the prophesy with prayers or accept it n move on wit ur life.

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by tosyne2much(m): 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
olaszydaruma:

Few days after, she was at my place and after we enjoyed watching a movie together, she looked straight at my face and told me if I could remember the day I followed her to place and I replied yes. She said that young child I saw is her baby, I was really shocked and I thought she was joking because she doesn't look like someone that could have gotten pregnant not to even talk about having a baby. She said she was not joking and I asked her how did it happen. She narrated to me that a guardian who her mother trust her with got her pregnant.The man was to help her study but was adding the other room stuff with it. She said she could not tell her mum because of fear and she did not know she's pregnant until the third month. I asked her if she didn't notice her period will have stop coming during those time, she said she notice but thought it was just a mere period disorder. I was just in awe of everything and could not believe a girl I had wish to be serious with has already given birth before. I asked her how did her parent took the issues, she said they were all mad at her and had the man(married with two kids) that got her pregnant locked up. The man was later freed. She said the issues affected her relationship with her dad and they seldom see face to face. She was in tears narrating all these, all I could do was just to calm her down. I told her nobody in this world that is above mistake and she should try and learn from it.

The bolded got me laughing

Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by CeeJay9ja(m): 5:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
FortuneTeller:
It was a pastor who brought my sister's impotent husband to our family. lipsrsealed

Her eyes don clear abi?
Re: I Am In Love With A Girl But Pastor Say We Can't Marry. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2017
scam pastor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm In Love With This Girl, But She Has A Boyfriend / The Sugar Mummy Scam - Exposing The Lagos Sex Market Lucrative Offers / How Long Can You Wait For A Lady's Response To Your Wooing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.