Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,594 members, 7,801,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Why I Flog My Wife Regularly - Man Reveals His Reasons To Court - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Flog My Wife Regularly - Man Reveals His Reasons To Court (1115 Views)

I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly / 'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / Neighbours Flog Man Who Beats His Wife Always (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Flog My Wife Regularly - Man Reveals His Reasons To Court by Flexherbal(m): 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
Man blames wife battering on economic hardship as marriage crashes

15/3/2017

Author: Aanu Adegun

An Omu-Aran Area Court in Kwara on Wednesday dissolved a 15-year-old marriage of a carpenter, Akeem Abiodun, over battering of his wife.

The judge, Mr Adebola Banigbe, said that the court had to dissolve the marriage since Akeem and his wife, Omolara, consented to the dissolution.

Banigbe reprimanded the carpenter for maltreating Omolara, saying that his low income status was not an excuse.

He gave the custody of the children to the Omolara, who applied for divorce.

In her petition on Feb. 27, Omolara prayed the court to dissolve the union, saying that Akeem subjected her to untold hardship since the inception of their marriage.

“I cannot bear it any longer; in spite of my suffering to cater for the education and upkeep of our five children, all I normally get in return is constant beating.

“ I am no longer interested in the union. I want the court to dissolve it and give me the custody of the children,” Omolara had submitted.

In his response, Akeem admitted that he beat Omolara constantly, but blamed it on economic hardship.

“ I don’t have the economic capacity to take proper care of the children. This has been the cause of my quarrel with my wife.

“I have searched for contracts without success; the ones I executed did not yield any value; you don’t expect me to go and steal.

“I support her plea for the dissolution of the marriage and award of the custody of the children to her,” Akeem said.

Source: https://www.naij.com/1093863-man-blames-wife-battering-economic-hardship-marriage-crashes.html

1 Like

Re: Why I Flog My Wife Regularly - Man Reveals His Reasons To Court by Nne5: 4:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
shocked

You can imagine!

Some kinds of shyts can't happen to me anyway.
Re: Why I Flog My Wife Regularly - Man Reveals His Reasons To Court by shobroy10(m): 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
U must be a goat to be like that for 15 years and not leave her in peace instead u result to causing her harm. Idiot
Re: Why I Flog My Wife Regularly - Man Reveals His Reasons To Court by Flexherbal(m): 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
People always have excuses for doing a thing.

1 Like

Re: Why I Flog My Wife Regularly - Man Reveals His Reasons To Court by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
.I Clicked thinking the story is about Otobo saga
Re: Why I Flog My Wife Regularly - Man Reveals His Reasons To Court by ikp120(m): 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2017
Even the man no want the marriage again. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Flog My Wife Regularly - Man Reveals His Reasons To Court by Flexherbal(m): 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
sasko:
.I Clicked thinking the story is about Otobo saga

Hmmmmmm !

Make those people rest small.
Re: Why I Flog My Wife Regularly - Man Reveals His Reasons To Court by megareal: 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
Man has just been given an easy way to shirk his responsibility.

Now he will find another nitwit and breed more children he can't still cater for. And the cycle continues.
Re: Why I Flog My Wife Regularly - Man Reveals His Reasons To Court by mexxmoney: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
Is this one a man? Is he even an adult?
Re: Why I Flog My Wife Regularly - Man Reveals His Reasons To Court by Flexherbal(m): 6:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
mexxmoney:
Is this one a man? Is he even an adult?

Some men are heartless.
Re: Why I Flog My Wife Regularly - Man Reveals His Reasons To Court by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
Useless man
Re: Why I Flog My Wife Regularly - Man Reveals His Reasons To Court by Janeyinspires(f): 6:06am On Mar 16, 2017
You don't have the economic capacity to take proper care of your children yet,you are almost ready to produce a village out of your wife,abi? Plan your family based on your financial capacity,you will not.Now you are venting everything on ya wifey.#Yeye_Everywhere
Re: Why I Flog My Wife Regularly - Man Reveals His Reasons To Court by MMotimo: 6:48am On Mar 16, 2017
Thank you, Omolara, for taking your life back from a batterer. Women are not goats

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Share Throwback Picture To Mark Her Birthday / Check Out These Leaked Chats Between A Married Woman And Her Lover / Is It Possible??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.