Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) (21255 Views)

46 Medical Nigerian Students Graduate From Howard University, USA / Say No to JAMB!!! Get Bsc/MSC/PHD degree from Lincoln university USA here in Nig / Perewari Victor Pere Graduates With 1st Class From Lincoln University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by balash(m): 5:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall, built in 1865, is the oldest building on campus. It was built during the Civil War when the university was originally known as Ashmun Institute. Initially a residence for professors, the building later became the African Center and is currently used as campus security offices. It is named for two distinguished alumni, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe '30, the first president of Nigeria and Dr. Kwame Nkrumah '39, the first president of Ghana.

http://www.lincoln.edu/azikiwe-nkrumah-hall

1 Like

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by bigfrancis21: 12:42am On Mar 16, 2017
lalasticlala, front page please.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by musicwriter(m): 7:19am On Mar 16, 2017
Lord Nkrumah and Zik of Africa remains the two most educated Africans ever. Two people so intelligent they used their education to actually solve the biggest problem of their day. They had a choice to partner with white people to exploit us to get incredibly wealthy (like most of the so called educated fools of today would do), but they opted siding with the African people instead, at the expense of amassing stupendous wealth for themselves.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by 2016v2017: 10:23am On Mar 16, 2017
balash:

http://www.lincoln.edu/azikiwe-nkrumah-hall
Igbos not fools, if they secede from Nigeria, I'll apply for their visa and relocate - Idris Abubakar, Dakata of Kano

I think and believe in Nigeria today, Igbos love themselves more than every other tribe.. If you see any Igbo rich business man, listen to his story how he got to where he is today, he will always start with, I was a poor boy at home with my parents when my uncle, brother, or relation took me and brought me to the city to learn trade with him and finally settled me to start my own.

IGBOS ARE RARE.

1] You will see one Igbo man who has trained and settled more than 100 young men and all are doing well in their businesses.

2] It is only Igbo man that I have seen who would train a child that is not his in schools up to the university level.

3] Only an Igbo man would send a relation abroad to go and find means to survive without minding how much it cost him.

4] Every Igbo man want his brother to live comfortably and don’t have to rely on others.

5] Igbo man would rather teach you how to catch a fish than to give you already caught fish.

6] When an Igbo man marries, he takes good care of his wife and children plus his wife’s relations unlike the other tribes that dont respect their wives.

7] My sister Murna has always said that she would love to marry an Igbo man because they know how to take good care of their wives and those related to her.

8] Igbo man, no matter what and where he maybe, would always have home at heart and wherever they see their people, they make themselves known.

9] Wherever they are, they would surely have Igbo meetings and gatherings of their local governments people.

10] Igbo man would go to meetings every Sunday where they meet with their people.

I wonder how anyone could say that Igbos don’t love themselves, In fact we are jealous of Igbo people for how united and together they come all the time. When something happen to one of them, they would come together and assist. I have seen people from other tribes buried here when they died, but when an Igbo die here they must gather and take the body home in solidarity.

Things Igbo people do together I have never seen in other tribes in Nigeria. An Hausa or Yoruba rich man would never do anything to help you, they rather be giving you 20 Naira every time they see you that is after you must greeted them tire.

If Biafra goes away from Nigeria, I will be the first to apply for their visa, I want stay with them very intelligent people, they know how to make things happen. – Idris Abubakar, (The Dakata of Kano)

140 Likes 19 Shares

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by royal231(m): 10:23am On Mar 16, 2017
Any Nigerian that doesnt know that Nigeria is not one country , is that one a Nigerian

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by hosstringer: 10:23am On Mar 16, 2017
angry angry

1 Like

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by islandmoon: 10:23am On Mar 16, 2017
for real?
Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by Benjom(m): 10:23am On Mar 16, 2017
That's good to know.
Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by dessz(m): 10:23am On Mar 16, 2017
ok
Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by nnaemmy(m): 10:24am On Mar 16, 2017
SELFless Leaders.

1 Like

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by dolphinife: 10:24am On Mar 16, 2017
musicwriter:
Lord Nkrumah and Zik of Africa remains the two most educated Africans ever. Two people so intelligent they used their education to actually solve the biggest problem of their day. They had a choice to partner with white people to exploit us to get incredibly wealthy (like most of the so called educated fools of today would do), but they opted siding with the African people instead, at the expense of amassing stupendous wealth for themselves.

Are they more educated than Mugabe??

5 Likes

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by Fapta(m): 10:24am On Mar 16, 2017
good one
Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by babyfaceafrica: 10:25am On Mar 16, 2017
Nice.. Some tribal bigots will spoil this thread now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by NkayTiana(f): 10:25am On Mar 16, 2017
Talk to me
Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by leokennedi(m): 10:25am On Mar 16, 2017
Like it or lump it, Africans represents everywhere..
Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by wellmax(m): 10:26am On Mar 16, 2017
musicwriter:
Lord Nkrumah and Zik of Africa remains the two most educated Africans ever.
With due respect to the duo, your assertion is completely wrong.

5 Likes

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by PetrePan(m): 10:26am On Mar 16, 2017
Hehehe..if to say na nigeria this kind tin dey, iknw how e go be o..will surely be obsolete and structureless

3 Likes

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by Sammypope4all(m): 10:27am On Mar 16, 2017
2016v2017:

Igbos not fools, if they secede from Nigeria, I'll apply for their visa and relocate - Idris Abubakar, Dakata of Kano

I think and believe in Nigeria today, Igbos love themselves more than every other tribe.. If you see any Igbo rich business man, listen to his story how he got to where he is today, he will always start with, I was a poor boy at home with my parents when my uncle, brother, or relation took me and brought me to the city to learn trade with him and finally settled me to start my own.

IGBOS ARE RARE.

1] You will see one Igbo man who has trained and settled more than 100 young men and all are doing well in their businesses.

2] It is only Igbo man that I have seen who would train a child that is not his in schools up to the university level.

3] Only an Igbo man would send a relation abroad to go and find means to survive without minding how much it cost him.

4] Every Igbo man want his brother to live comfortably and don’t have to rely on others.

5] Igbo man would rather teach you how to catch a fish than to give you already caught fish.

6] When an Igbo man marries, he takes good care of his wife and children plus his wife’s relations unlike the other tribes that dont respect their wives.

7] My sister Murna has always said that she would love to marry an Igbo man because they know how to take good care of their wives and those related to her.

8] Igbo man, no matter what and where he maybe, would always have home at heart and wherever they see their people, they make themselves known.

9] Wherever they are, they would surely have Igbo meetings and gatherings of their local governments people.

10] Igbo man would go to meetings every Sunday where they meet with their people.

I wonder how anyone could say that Igbos don’t love themselves, In fact we are jealous of Igbo people for how united and together they come all the time. When something happen to one of them, they would come together and assist. I have seen people from other tribes buried here when they died, but when an Igbo die here they must gather and take the body home in solidarity.

Things Igbo people do together I have never seen in other tribes in Nigeria. An Hausa or Yoruba rich man would never do anything to help you, they rather be giving you 20 Naira every time they see you that is after you must greeted them tire.

If Biafra goes away from Nigeria, I will be the first to apply for their visa, I want stay with them very intelligent people, they know how to make things happen. – Idris Abubakar, (The Dakata of Kano)

Can't be better said: Wish I could give you a big hug right now. However, I'm Igbo and same thing I tell people who says Nigeria is this Nigeria is that. We all neglect the goods of this country and reflect solely of the negatives. It's actually what we've used our mouth and body language to depict that makes the whole world see us as frauds, thiefs, rouges et all where as the rate of killing, hacking, racism, Robbery and what have you abounds in the so called developed nations. Igbo/Nigeria are good people and we should all embrace and appreciate who we are. Take any ordinary Nigerian undergraduate to study abroad amongst his peers and you will Mavel at his/brilliance. Like basket mouth once said, the only disaster with this country his politicians and pot holes.

Chukwu gozie umu Igbo
Chukwu gozie umu Nigeria

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by Lakebeyin(m): 10:28am On Mar 16, 2017
Oh nice! How is education now in Nigeria?
Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by goalburner(m): 10:29am On Mar 16, 2017
What? And the buildings still immaculately fresh like that
Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by MARKETfund: 10:31am On Mar 16, 2017
Wow, this building could well contest with the so-called edifice we have today in Nigeria in terms of modernity

sad sad
Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 16, 2017
Cry babies BMC and that bastard with many fathers from benue state would soon flood this thread embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by Godprotectigbos(f): 10:33am On Mar 16, 2017
IGBO man is always ahead of u

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by OmoIgala: 10:33am On Mar 16, 2017
musicwriter:

Two most Educated Africans ever?

Are you okay?

5 Likes

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by musicwriter(m): 10:34am On Mar 16, 2017
wellmax:
With due respect to the duo, your assertion is completely wrong.

It's wrong on what basis?
Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by wellmax(m): 10:34am On Mar 16, 2017
2016v2017:

CBI-Chest Beaters International.

6 Likes

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by Sezua(m): 10:34am On Mar 16, 2017
2016v2017:

IGBOS ARE RARE.

I don't even know what to say about this post as it is, senseless, baseless and stupid at the same time

5 Likes

Re: The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) by babamoha(m): 10:35am On Mar 16, 2017
Contradicting post where was Azikiwe and Nkrumah in 1865?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Force Men In Fresh Attack Against UNIOSUN Students / Pastor Tony Akinyemi's Son Is Best Graduating Student In US University / Types Of Punishments You Received When You Were In Primary And Secondary School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.