Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

*~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! (4526 Views)

Poll: In your opinion, the award should go to

Davidylan: 40% (24 votes)
Mazaje: 32% (19 votes)
Pastor AIO: 27% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Religion Section 'awards Night' / *~ Goshen360 Voted Religion Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations! / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

*~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by AKO1(m): 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2009
Compliments of the Season smiley

Nairaland is currently conducting its first official annual awards smiley

Amongst other categories, the "Best Poster" in each section is to be selected.

Davidylan, Mazaje and Pastor AIO are the nominees for this section.

Please vote for one of the three members whose contributions to the Religion section have been consistent and insightful, whilst appreciating the input of others, and yourself wink

The poll will close on Boxing Day, so please vote as soon as you can.

Thank you and God bless or just be blessed.
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by seeklove: 11:01am On Dec 19, 2009
@A_K_O
What is the criteria for nominating those three. I cant vote for any of the three that you nominated, I rather nominate these guys=

justcool
emitan2002
m_nwankwo
Deepsight

Out of the four above I vote for justcool
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by DeepSight(m): 11:46am On Dec 19, 2009
Pastor AIO is my pick.He's simply and utterly big-brained.
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 19, 2009
Why aren't there atheists on that poll?
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by DeepSight(m): 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2009
^^^ And what is Mazaje if not the King of Atheists?
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2009
But they are two against one.
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by DeepSight(m): 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2009
No: Because Pastor AIO although a theist, is a most unconventional kind of theist: he is not limited by the bounds of dogma such as the ritualistic Davidylan.

Pastor does describe himself as Christian: but he is anything but the everyday sort of dogmatic christian. He is a liberated big-mind.

He gets my vote.
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by KunleOshob(m): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2009
seeklove:

@A_K_O
What is the criteria for nominating those three. I cant vote for any of the three that you nominated, I rather nominate these guys=

justcool
emitan2002
m_nwankwo
Deepsight

Out of the four above I vote for justcool

That's true AKO what is the criteria used for your short list? I believe there are other contributors to this section who deserve to be short listed. for instance our resident Larry King [deepsight] on this forum has made a lot of meaningful impact given his short presence on this forum.
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by mamagee3(f): 8:09pm On Dec 19, 2009
Where is mama-gee in the poll? angry
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by Mavenb0x(m): 8:41pm On Dec 19, 2009
@Everyone: I am guessing A_K_O chose those people because they were all here on the Religion section before 2009 (AIO: 2008, Mazaje:2006, Davidylan:2005), and as such, contributed interesting posts throughout the year. It would not be really fair, I guess, to weigh them against people who joined Nairaland later this year (like DeepSight in July 2009) because the TIME that each one has had in 2009 on the Religion threads in Nairaland do not balance out.

I hope my point is understood. A_K_O, did I interpret your reason correctly?

-Maven
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by noetic15(m): 10:22pm On Dec 19, 2009
@ mavenbox. . . .ur above summation does not add up.
My opinion of AKO has always seen him as a clown. . . . . . a dull one by the way

@ Post

David has my vote. His succinct analyses, inherent knowledge, blunt, intelligent and honest analysis, coupled with intelligence and gospel wisdom stands him out.

Mazaje has my sympathy. he is a great guy, an intellectual, opinionated, well informed and has the capacity to accommodate divergent views.

AIO gets a mention from me. Though not in the league of David and mazaje, he knows his onions and has an arsenal of knowledge. his inability to proffer extensive analysis is a big minus.
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by H2O2: 10:27pm On Dec 19, 2009
I nominate that notorious atheistic heffer, huxley grin grin . Bawo couldn't hold a candlelight to his tail.

and pilgrim.1
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by Tudor6(f): 10:32pm On Dec 19, 2009
@maven
That is flawed. This is religion where many people get banned and re-register. . .looking at 'date registered' can be misleading.

I cant even count the nobr of time i've been banned sef. . .for noetic and osisi its even worse.

I'd vote mazaje anyday. . . .
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by manmustwac(m): 10:45pm On Dec 19, 2009
toneyb mazaje and pastor AIO
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by Mavenb0x(m): 12:25am On Dec 20, 2009
@Noetic & Tudor: points taken. I didn't see it like how you have now put it. smiley
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by mazaje(m): 1:18am On Dec 21, 2009
I don't understand the criteria for nominating the 3 of us. .  .Why are people like Noetic, Wirinet, Toneyb, OLAADEGBU, Viaro, KunleOshob and Tudor not on the list? 
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by TheSly: 1:27am On Dec 21, 2009
Huxleyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheesy
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2009
pheee   deeee   pheee   which kind nomination be this una wan impose people on us abi?
Criteria puhlease!!
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by toneyb: 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2009
I voted for Mazaje, But why are others like Wirinet, Noetic, Kunleoshob, Viaro, Tudor and Krayola absent from the list?
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by Tudor6(f): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2009
I think the stuff makes more sense like this. . .a run off between candidates is better than having ten nominees

btw, why cant i see the results?
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by DeepSight(m): 1:50pm On Dec 21, 2009
Tudor - The results are a secret for Mauric Iwu A K O to announce at INECS his absolute discretion
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by mrcapable1(m): 6:00pm On Dec 21, 2009
o ga oooooooooooooo.
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by viaro: 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2009
@A_K_O, compliments of the season to you as well (and here's a big one to the house). cheesy

One wonders how the nominations were made. On second thoughts, I find the word 'official' in the OP, and that seems benign.

Maybe in future, such nominations procedures should be open to Nairalanders in each Board/Section - and then nominees are set up for general votes for awards.

One thing more: is there a strategic reason why voters may not view progress of the elections or votes cast?

All the same, this is a welcome development. Well done to the House. wink
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by toneyb: 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2009
viaro:

@A_K_O, compliments of the season to you as well (and here's a big one to the house). cheesy

One wonders how the nominations were made. On second thoughts, I find the word 'official' in the OP, and that seems benign.

Maybe in future, such nominations procedures should be open to Nairalanders in each Board/Section - and then nominees are set up for general votes for awards.

One thing more: is there a strategic reason why voters may not view progress of the elections or votes cast?

All the same, this is a welcome development. Well done to the House. wink

My sentiments exactly.
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by Mavenb0x(m): 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2009
LOL in Espanol.

I can't even vote, I am told that I need to login or register
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by manmustwac(m): 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2009
Mavenb0x:

LOL in Espanol.

and i thought i was the only one having that problem.
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by SeanT21(f): 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2009
Mavenb0x:

LOL in Espanol.

Ur vote was counted. U are not allow to see the results.
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by Mavenb0x(m): 11:37pm On Dec 21, 2009
@SeanT21: Thanks sweetz kiss. Now I get it. I thought the voting session was re-started, so I had to vote again. The message there is misleading.

@manmustwac: Haba! A whole moderator? You are joking, shey? grin Don't mind me, I am just teasing you wink
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by Obalende: 8:26pm On Dec 22, 2009
I give it up for mazaje - Religion Section Poster of the Year.

But repent, before you rot in HELL.
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by DeepSight(m): 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2009
***doing a mazaje impersonation**** . . . . . "O you people and your deluded fantasies, your deluded fantasies and myths. . ."
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by ilosiwaju: 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2009
Obalende:

I give it up for mazaje - Religion Section Poster of the Year.

But repent, before you rot in HELL.
una don start. why not vote and leave the rotting out?

my personal nominees are:
krayola
tudor
wirinet
deepsight
mazaje
noetic

but from the nomination provided, mazaje all the way
Re: *~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! by Tudor6(f): 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2009
^^
Thanks ilosiwaju. Mazaje deserves it he's been the most active this year.

How ya been? Its been a while. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Godly To Pay Brideprice And Dowry? / What Will You Sacrifice This Lenten Season? / Babalawo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.