Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw (71659 Views)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Fixtures / Full UEFA Champions League & Europa League Quarter Final Fixtures / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Sanchez01: 9:35am On Mar 17, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
you said experience is all it takes, then I gave you example of sevilla which clearly have greater experience in the knock out stages of ucl than leceister and huge european record, why didn't they use this experience to beat leceister?

I also talked about topping the group, do you know the teams that were in leceister group? Fc porto, (2 times champions league winner and constant participant)
Clubb brugge, always regular in champions league, yet Leicester with zero experience did not only defeated these guys, but won the table and you still think experience is everything huh?

Let's see the record between real madrid and athletico, both in form and out of form? Who has more wins and loses? Even its clear to the blind that real madrid had a better team and more desciplined than athletico, that's why they won not any experience.

Its like saying northinham forest ( two times champions league winner) will use their experience and their current shitty team to beat arsenal in champions league final (while this is possible) but we all knew the odds will be against them, just like the odds are against athletico because real madrid are the better side.

As for arsenal, exactly the same point I was making with athletico and real madrid.
Arsenal used to be a force to reckon with the likes of henry etc but suddenly, things change when good players left the club and team is in awful state. Even with all the experiences in the world, a team like that willl never beat the likes of bayern or barca or madrid when it mattered most.

I agreed though, leceister doesn't have all it takes to win ucl in terms of expensive world class players, but they have one thing though, the ability to stun any team no matter how big,(thanks to their doggedness) they just might use it to win the champions league like they did with premier league.
So its not right to write them off.
Your argument is laughable. Madrid came second to Dortmund in the group, that does not mean that Madrid's pedigree is rubbished. Of all the eight (cool teams in the quarter finals, Leicester City is the team with the least goals (10). Barcelona, Dortmund, Bayern and Madrid are all first to fourth in front of goals respectively (26, 25, 24, 22), while Monaco and Juventus are eighth and ninth with 15 and 14 goals respectively. Atletico, on the other, being a more frustrating side, defensively has managed to pull just 11 goals.

If we are to judge by goals, it would mean Atletico and Leicester City should be on the same page, but then we know what would happen with the big four, particularly Real and Barce.

Club Brugge though a bit of a regular has no 'decent' players. If you're talking about Nottingham Forest, the argument is funny. The question you should ask is that 'where is the said team today?' The team is not even in the BPL. Worst of all, they are presently sitting at no 20 on the Championship table. Consistency + Established players = Experience.

It is not difficult, really.

Mukina2
Mynd44
Lalasticlala, it's draw day.

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Sanchez01: 10:06am On Mar 17, 2017
tgmservice:
after watching the 6-1 scandal of camp nou am longer interested in this competition as it is predictable barca will win it due to the baking they have from the referees and UEFA
Lol... Most of the teams in the quarter final are big teams. It would be difficult for Barcelona to cheat their way through. Worst still, their undoing would be meeting Bayern Munich.

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Sanchez01: 10:10am On Mar 17, 2017
Who is the best and worst draw for Leicester?

All the teams left in the competition look ominously strong for Leicester.

Craig Shakespeare may fancy their chances most against Borussia Dormund or Atletico Madrid - though both teams have reached the final recently.

They will probably be looking to avoid holders Real Madrid and fellow European giants Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

And Juventus look equally as tough a prospect - though goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon claimed that his side want to avoid facing Leicester too.

Bayern Munich would be a very difficult task for Leicester if they drew them in the last eight

Leicester will want to avoid Spanish giants Real Madrid in the next round of the competition
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4321504/UEFA-Champions-League-draw-date-time-it.html

cc
FunkyMetahuman
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Sanchez01: 10:18am On Mar 17, 2017
LAST-EIGHT TEAM-BY-TEAM GUIDE

ATLETICO MADRID
Could it be third time lucky for Atletico Madrid - after losses in the final to city rivals Real Madrid in 2014 and 2016.

Diego Simeone's men finished top of a group featuring Bayern Munich and comfortably dispatched Bayer Leverkusen on their way to the last eight.

Leading scorer in this season's Champions League: Antoine Griezmann 4.

Best European Cup/Champions League performance: Finalists (2014 and 2016).

Current domestic league position: 4th (La Liga)

BARCELONA
Barcelona are among the favourites after incredibly overturning a 4-0 deficit with perhaps the most dramatic European comeback of all time - completed by Sergi Roberto's added-time winner at the Nou Camp to advance 6-5 on aggregate over Paris Saint-Germain.

Leading scorer in this season's Champions League: Lionel Messi 11.

Best European Cup/Champions League performance: Five-time winners (1992, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2015).

Current domestic league position: 2nd (La Liga)

Barcelona progressed after completing a brilliant comeback against PSG

BAYERN MUNICH
The Bavarian giants made short work of Arsenal in the last 16 - demolishing Arsene Wenger's men 10-2 on aggregate.

Hitting top form at the right time, Bayern will fancy their chances against anyone.

Leading scorer in this season's Champions League: Robert Lewandowski 7.

Best European Cup/Champions League performance: Five-time winners (1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013).

Current domestic league position: 1st (Bundesliga)

BORUSSIA DORTMUND
Dortmund finished top of a group containing holders Real Madrid before beating Benfica 4-1 on aggregate in the last 16.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored a hat-trick in the second leg at Siguna Iduna Park and looks the main dangerman for the Bundesliga outfit.

Leading scorer in this season's Champions League: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 7.

Best European Cup/Champions League performance: Winners (1997).

Current domestic league position: 3rd (Bundesliga)

Borussia Dortmund beat Benfica comfortably over two legs to reach the last eight

JUVENTUS
Serie A champions Juventus look immensely strong heading into the last eight - having not conceded during a trouble-free 3-0 aggregate win over Porto.

Ahead of perhaps the best defence in Europe - Argentine duo Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala are in top form for the Italian giants.

Leading scorer in this season's Champions League: Gonzalo Higuain 3.

Best European Cup/Champions League performance: Two-time winners (1985, 1996).

Current domestic league position: 1st (Serie A)

LEICESTER
Surprisingly the Premier League's sole survivors in this year's competition, Leicester have made a name for themselves of Europe with their displays so far in their debut Champions League.

A dramatic 2-0 victory at the King Power Stadium was enough to overturn a 2-1 deficit vs Sevilla and the Premier League champions enter the last eight high on confidence if not experience.

Leading scorer in this season's Champions League: Riyad Mahrez 4.

Best European Cup/Champions League performance: No previous appearances.
Current domestic league position: 15th (Premier League)

Juventus remain unbeaten so far in the 2016-17 Champions League

MONACO
Europe's top scorers and a team full of young talent - Monaco saw of Manchester City on away goals in a thrilling tie full of attacking football that finished 6-6.

The Ligue 1 leaders have the firepower to match up with anyone and will hope to welcome back their returning talisman - Radamel Falcao - for the quarter-finals.

Leading scorer in this season's Champions League: Radamel Falcao 6.

Best European Cup/Champions League performance: Finalists (2004).

Current domestic league position: 1st (Ligue 1)

REAL MADRID
Looking for their third Champions League in four years, Zinedine Zidane's side have more pedigree than any other team in Europe - having won the competition 11 times.

Real shook off a second-placed finish in the group to dispatch Napoli 6-2 on aggregate in the quarters.

Leading scorer in this season's Champions League: Karim Benzema 5.

Best European Cup/Champions League performance: 11-time winners (1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1966, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2014, 2016).

Current domestic league position: 1st (La Liga)

Monaco's attack impressed throughout their two legs with Manchester City
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Neimar: 10:54am On Mar 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

Lol... Most of the teams in the quarter final are big teams. It would be difficult for Barcelona to cheat their way through. Worst still, their undoing would be meeting Bayern Munich.

Bad Belle is allowed... Cry all you want grin
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Sanchez01: 11:11am On Mar 17, 2017
Neimar:

Bad Belle is allowed... Cry all you want grin
Lol grin

It's a good thing to know that you know your team is incapable of winning without being aided by referees

Less than an hour to go. I hope you guys meet Bayern. We still remember 7Up grin

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Naughtytboy: 11:21am On Mar 17, 2017
Chelsea vs Barcelona
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Cutehector(m): 11:21am On Mar 17, 2017
Nursennenny wats ur fav sport?
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by madridguy(m): 11:25am On Mar 17, 2017
I just pray they merge me with one mumu team.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 17, 2017
I see English teams dominating and eventually winning the Champions League this season, with the likes of Leceister city, Manchester city, Almighty blazing Arsenal and Tottenham making mince meat of their opponents and each English Giants easing their way into the semis. The EPL is surely the best league in the world! angry

Oh wait...........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by FromZeroToHero(m): 11:28am On Mar 17, 2017
3spanish teams and 1 English team. But they said EPL is the best in the world. What a joke.

6 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by tgmservice: 11:28am On Mar 17, 2017
i bet on ojoro barca to get a favourable draw

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by ums2: 11:31am On Mar 17, 2017
we can build a powerful web app for your company

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Ifeconwaba(m): 11:31am On Mar 17, 2017
hala Madrid

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Stevoohlicent(m): 11:31am On Mar 17, 2017
Barcelona are too scanderlicius
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Aliyu333: 11:33am On Mar 17, 2017
YOU are racist op, what of europa cup grin grin ?

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by martineverest(m): 11:34am On Mar 17, 2017
really sad that french teams are almost on par with english teams
barca vs leicester madrid vs atletico bayern vs monaco juventus vs dortmund
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Benekruku(m): 11:34am On Mar 17, 2017
Hurts to know that Nigeria did not qualify.

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by martineverest(m): 11:35am On Mar 17, 2017
tgmservice:
i bet on ojoro barca to get a favourable draw
where were u when barca was drawn with psg...the hardest fixtures in round of sixteen

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by pahars(m): 11:37am On Mar 17, 2017
Am a juve fan i hope dey give us Real Madrid.We always ave a way of beating dem.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 17, 2017
yedidiah:
I predicted Barca scoring 6 against PSG. Now, I am predicting their exit at the quarter final stage.
Alagba TB Joshua. Octopus Yedidiah of the century.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Jammiiee(m): 11:40am On Mar 17, 2017
I was very happy, I don't like that Guardiola for anything angry

He just plays god in every goddamn club he goes to and disrupt orderliness angry
angry angry good for him papa tongue
PenisCaP:

Im tellin u... they couldnt maintain their 2 goals advantage to qualify atleast if u cant win. undecided

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Bahddo(m): 11:40am On Mar 17, 2017
tgmservice:
after watching the 6-1 scandal of camp nou am longer interested in this competition as it is predictable barca will win it due to the baking they have from the referees and UEFA
nonsense! So there was no UEFA backing last season when they were knocked out by Atletico? PSG is the one you should be mad at for not giving you a chance to gloat over Barca. UEFA did not tie PSG players feet, neither did they score Barca's goals.

One team was shitty and the other was supremely determined. End of story.

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Bhol28: 11:41am On Mar 17, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
people like you said the same last year that they cannot win the league even with 5 games to go.

Here we are.

Champions league, all the big english team are out, leceister still doing it. Even against sevilla, number 3 in spanish league. Don't forget they also topped their table.

When they win it again, I wonder what you are going to say next.

For me, I want them to play borusia in quater and barcelona in semis. I'm sure they can stun barca.
I really wish L.City can go all the way to win but they have great hurdles to scalethru they might still be lucky as they have been so far in the competition to get another winnable draw today but from semi final stage i doubt dat.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by olanrewaju99(m): 11:42am On Mar 17, 2017
I prayed barca play against bayern in the quater final. Maybe another magic will happen.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by FromZeroToHero(m): 11:42am On Mar 17, 2017
My predictions regarding to today's UEFA quarter finals draw.
BARCELONA (ESP) vs MONACO (FR)
DORTMUND (GER) vs ATHLECTICO MADRID (ESP)
LEICESTER CITY (ENG) vs JUVENTUS (ITL)
REAL MADRID (ESP) vs BAYERN MUNCHEN (GER)
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by robosky02(m): 11:44am On Mar 17, 2017
easy drews...
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Ray360: 11:44am On Mar 17, 2017
Hala Madrid. bring on any team. even UEFAlona. lol.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Chartey(m): 11:47am On Mar 17, 2017
Sanchez01 correct your op, there are 2 German teams.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Sheggun1: 11:49am On Mar 17, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
My predictions regarding to today's UEFA quarter finals draw.

BARCELONA (ESP) vs MONACO (FR)

DORTMUND (GER) vs ATHLECTICO MADRID (ESP)

LEICESTER CITY (ENG) vs JUVENTUS (ITL)

REAL MADRID (ESP) vs BAYERN MUNCHEN (GER)
u must be a barca fan

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Neimar: 11:49am On Mar 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

Lol grin

It's a good thing to know that you know your team is incapable of winning without being aided by referees

Less than an hour to go. I hope you guys meet Bayern. We still remember 7Up grin

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Lol I remember
We are not afraid oo
Last time we played
We eliminated d useless Bayern grin
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by nursennenny(f): 11:49am On Mar 17, 2017
Cutehector:
Nursennenny wats ur fav sport?
jumping round the internet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 4) On 13th May 2021 / Chelsea Vs Villarreal: UEFA Super Cup - 6 - 5 On Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.