Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,371 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common (18098 Views)

Important Business Questions Entrepreneurs Have To Understand / Here Are 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common / Here Are 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by IamAkinzy: 8:04am On Mar 16, 2017
GreenMavro:
Two people you can never advise:
1. A woman in love.
2. A man with money
They're both delusional
You posted dis in another thread also..kilodey? Shey na ur New Signature b dis ni? angry

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by modanwealth: 8:06am On Mar 16, 2017
Another important quality we should look out for is maintaining standard which is the hallmark of every successful business. this is what will make your customers to keep coming back for more. it will also bring referrals. ...nice one OP
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by okunfemm(m): 8:08am On Mar 16, 2017
shams040:
*EGC & ASSOCIATES*

*Our AIM*:
To bring to your finger tips the best in *Town Planning and GIS Mapping Services* and related fields of endeavours inclouding Architectural Designs, Structural Designs, EIA etcetera.

Our Objectives:

1. Processing and perfection of title documents(survey plan, consent, C of O among others);
2. Building plan design and approvals;
3. Layout design and approval;
4. Technical report writing for residential; commercial, industrial and institutional uses eg EIA, TIA;
5. Project development and management;
6. G I S & Remote Sensing Mapping;
7. Academic & Business Research Analyst;
8. 3D Modelling and Animation;
9. Offering professional advice on land and landed property matters; and
10. Solid Waste Management.

www.egcandassociates.org.ng

we can partner together, I tink. check my signatute for more info
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by Crixie(m): 8:09am On Mar 16, 2017
Heromaniaa:
One thing is certain. If you want to be an entrepreneur you have to work first. Here are the best places to work.

Jobberman 2017 100 best places to work in Nigeria

Read the list and know the best places to apply.
Did your company make the list?
Click

www.9jachannel..com
I strongly disagree!

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by johntaiwo123(m): 8:17am On Mar 16, 2017
Success is just a mindset.

Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by HealingHealth07: 8:17am On Mar 16, 2017
Very good points mentioned. Thats the reason why i left my comfort in london to come to Nigeria: the land of opportunities. i sell healing health teas by the way....www.healinghealthteas.com

our current trending tea is the winning fat-buster. A healthy and stressless way of burning belly, under-arm fat and bring you to your right and healthy size. You can whatsapp us for more enquiries@ +234 9077198347. You can also reach us via mail@ enquiries@healinghealthteas.com
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 16, 2017
we hear
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by Giwa80(m): 8:45am On Mar 16, 2017
GreenMavro:
Two people you can never advise: 1. A woman in love. 2. A man with money They're both delusional
REALLY?
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by wolexter(m): 8:58am On Mar 16, 2017
SlimHan:
True

But what is the essence of an idea without the resources to promote it
Stop waiting for resources before making a move on whatever ideas you have. Sometimes resources or funds as it were, is the last thing you need to bring your idea to fruition. Think, think and think, and opportunity to turn your idea to reality will come. I achieved my dream of making N1million as a youth corper many years ago and all I had was an idea I was obsessed and fixated about. I had been posted to a state my parents didn't like and while they were nursing the idea of redeploying me to Lagos, I persuaded them to give me a chance to turn the situation around for good. So I set a goal of making N1million legitimately during the service year as my definition of success for that period. And I did. I had no money when I was leaving Lagos for youth service. Infact I had no idea what business I was going to do by the side until I got to my base and started investing time thinking.I started my small business with my meagre first allowee after posting to my place of primary assignment and ended up achieving my goal. Sorry I'm not gonna bore you with the story of how I made it but the crux is you can turn your idea to reality- invest in thinking and opportunity to turn your idea to reality will come. And don't plunge into a business just because someone else has succeeded doing same.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by SlimHan(f): 9:04am On Mar 16, 2017
wolexter:

Stop waiting for resources before making a move on whatever ideas you have. Sometimes resources or funds as it were, is the last thing you need to bring your idea to fruition. Think, think and think, and opportunity to turn your idea to reality will come. I achieved my dream of making N1million as a youth corper many years ago and all I had was an idea I was obsessed and fixated about. I had been posted to a state my parents didn't like and while they were nursing the idea of redeploying me to Lagos, I persuaded them to give me a chance to turn the situation around for good. So I set a goal of making N1million legitimately during the service year as my definition of success for that period. And I did. I had no money when I was leaving Lagos for youth service. Infact I had no idea what business I was going to do by the side until I got to my base and started investing time thinking.I started my small business with my meagre first allowee after posting to my place of primary assignment and ended up achieving my goal. Sorry I'm not gonna bore you with the story of how I made it but the crux is you can turn your idea to reality- invest in thinking and opportunity to turn your idea to reality will come. And don't plunge into a business just because someone else has succeeded doing same.
@ bold so how do i generate ideas if not from others experience? i've been so curious about this
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by joenor(m): 9:39am On Mar 16, 2017
Back then in school, these are some list of a good entrepreneur.
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by wolexter(m): 9:57am On Mar 16, 2017
SlimHan:
@ bold so how do i generate ideas if not from others experience? i've been so curious about this
Please dont get me wrong, you can generate your ideas from what others do but dont jump into such biz line only cos you see others succeeding. Do your home work and make sure you have a passion for it. Generating ideas could happen in diverse ways but the idea you pursue should be one you have a passion for so you are able weather whatever storm will come your way. For instance, at my small level, I currently wear 3 hats- event mgt(rental service, event decoration, kiddies entertainment, event planning, mc etc), haulage and real estate and i'm thinking of adding a fourth in project mgt (already taking classes for d exam). Each of these ideas came to me at different times. Event mgt was sold to me by the pool car driver @ my 1st place of employment after nysc. We were quite close so he advised me to invest my money in party rental services. He told me the rudimentary cos he had worked for someone who was doing same successfully. But I didnt just jump into it cos he told me to. I wore my thinking cap and got close to people who were already in the biz and when i was convinced it was something i could succeed in i moved, and added other parts over time.I do the trucking part of haulage cos I own a truck I bought for my events biz. To maximize my income jn this line i used my network to get companies where my truck would work and monies will be paid directly to my account without worries about driver wahala. Real estate has no special skill. Anybody can tidy a real estate deal, but aside property sale, I restrict myself to property mgt after i took a diploma course in real estate entrepreneurship @ realty point.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by SlimHan(f): 10:01am On Mar 16, 2017
wolexter:

Please dont get me wrong, you can generate your ideas from what others do but dont jump into such biz line only cos you see others succeeding. Do your home work and make sure you have a passion for it. Generating ideas could happen in diverse ways but the idea you pursue should be one you have a passion for so you are able weather whatever storm will come your way. For instance, at my small level, I currently wear 3 hats- event mgt(rental service, event decoration, kiddies entertainment, event planning, mc etc), haulage and real estate and i'm thinking of adding a fourth in project mgt (already taking classes for d exam). Each of these ideas came to me at different times. Event mgt was sold to me by the pool car driver @ my 1st place of employment after nysc. We were quite close so he advised me to invest my money in party rental services. He told me the rudimentary cos he had worked for someone who was doing same successfully. But I didnt just jump into it cos he told me to. I wore my thinking cap and got close to people who were already in the biz and when i was convinced it was something i could succeed in i moved, and added other parts over time.I do the trucking part of haulage cos I own a truck I bought for my events biz. To maximize my income jn this line i used my network to get companies where my truck would work and monies will be paid directly to my account without worries about driver wahala. Real estate has no special skill. Anybody can tidy a real estate deal, but aside property sale, I restrict myself to property mgt after i took a diploma course in real estate entrepreneurship @ realty point.
This is an eye opener. I really appreciate this. And to think i was just making some research about project management. Thinking of taking the exam too.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by Kelechi2020(m): 10:22am On Mar 16, 2017
wolexter:

Thank you very much for taking out time to explain to us...

I relate with your experience as am presently a corp member, unfortunately posted to the northern part of Naija......The only thing i do now is think think think of ways to revamp my biz here in the north..an extremely unfavorable land..

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by Vanessa88(f): 10:26am On Mar 16, 2017
Noted
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by Ebonyigist: 10:35am On Mar 16, 2017
Nice on bro...especially on the delegation
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by iammolise(m): 10:38am On Mar 16, 2017
And one last thing... MONEY... They all have this to maintain and succeed in the venture. grin
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by wolexter(m): 10:47am On Mar 16, 2017
Kelechi2020:

Thank you very much for taking out time to explain to us...

I relate with your experience as am presently a corp member, unfortunately posted to the northern part of Naija......The only thing i do now is think think think of ways to revamp my biz here in the north..an extremely unfavorable land..

Being a corp member gives you some advantages- almost everybody loves corp members and would rather do business with them plus if you are into merchandising as a corp member, you might be able to get goods on credit on the premise that you cant run away atleast during the service period. So go out and build relationships and leverage on these. And most importantly market whatever business you do aggressively even if its supposedly a soft sell. Banks are very rich and easily noticeable yet they dont joke with marketing.
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by Prettychiz4real(f): 11:41am On Mar 16, 2017
Ok. Check my signature.
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by GreatManBee: 1:01pm On Mar 16, 2017
Yarnvibes:
Being an entrepreneur is not a child’s play. It takes a lot of guts and conviction for you to take the bold step to become an entrepreneur. More so if you are in Nigerian. When these entrepreneurs are eventually successful, there are certain things that they do or have in common that result in these achievements. So what are these things? Jumia Travel , the leading online travel agency identifies some of these things. This will help budding and young entrepreneurs to take similar actions or steps.

1. They believe in their ideas
Successful entrepreneurs don’t wait for anyone to validate their ideas. This is because they have invested a reasonable time in researching the workability and practicability of the ideas before sharing it with potential investors and friends. So, whether your friend or investor believes in your idea, they are not worried, they pursue it to a viable conclusion. Their positivity will always rub off on those around them.

2. They find solutions to problems
Entrepreneurs easily find solutions to problems and provide answers via a product or service. This is why it is essential to conduct market research to test your solutions. When you have a market, be sure that your solution will solve the problem your target market has.

3. They delegate
Successful entrepreneurs don’t do everything on their own. Except you want to experience entrepreneurial burnout, you will always delegate. What you should delegate are the things you have little or no knowledge about.

4. They go the extra mile
Entrepreneurs are never satisfied with doing things haphazardly. They are exhaustive and if they need to go the extra mile, they will. In going the extra mile, they sacrifice a quite a number of things.

5. They schedule everything
As a business man, your schedule is always tight. You are always in one meeting or another. The only way you can manage yourself and time is by scheduling everything. Don’t postpone anything. Be at home when you are supposed to and go on vacation to Obudu Resort when you are meant to.

6. They invest in their own skills
Whether you are an entrepreneur or not you should always hone your skills. Successful entrepreneurs never hesitate to educate themselves.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/03/6-things-successful-entrepreneurs-have.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
SlimHan:
True

But what is the essence of an idea without the resources to promote it
Sorry to say, but you are cotradicting yourself; a sound idea doesn't need hundreds of thousands for those that see nothing wrong with starting small.
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2017
Igbonoid:
Owkie..

I doubt Nigeria has youth entrepreneurs cause the old men keep dominating that sphere. While most legitimate us argue, chest beat,fight, hijack ballot boxies, and support more old clueless men to lead their future to a romantic mortgage.
Not just this sphere, but every single one. These old men plan for the long term and stay focused and true to it. But the youths of this generation only care about two things: alcohol and women embarassed
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2017
Kai, number one is priceless kiss
Re: 6 Things Successful Entrepreneurs Have In Common by incomeboostng: 1:26pm On Nov 01, 2018
yeah

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can 1.5 Million start up a phone accessories business / How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? / Tara Fela-Durotoye: I Started Makeup Business With N15,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.