Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage (60077 Views)

If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do? / Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook / Male And Female Condoms On The Back Of A Primary School Textbook (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 17, 2017
sanpipita:
Sex education can never be bad esp for kids who are approaching purberty, we keep complaining of kids being victims of sexual assaults and abuses this is something sex education would solve, let the kids learn esp how to protact themselves and stay safe.
Trust me its bad
My sis still a virgin about to get married .. why we where never exposed to sort of things
I remember my dad watching a movie and they where kissing we were not even allowed to look . He goes "Close your eyes"
Trust me little you know the better but now
We have mobile phones then .. we were looking at 3310 like omo cant wait to graduate and get this

Sooo for 6 years too soon jare , preserve innocence small.
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 17, 2017
petrov10:
no we don't but I see her on romance threads sometimes

but now that you're here nkor
twaci can't possibly know bumbae more than you na abi?

cheesy dont want to derail is all
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 17, 2017
Codes151:
why are you lying Who's the we!!!? Say probably you!!! Cause this days 14s' eye don clear
Ok just me and few others
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 17, 2017
ELShehzad:
Its Me tha'ld kill U one day angry angry
Bet why grin
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by petrov10: 9:00am On Mar 17, 2017
Bumbae1:

cheesy dont want to derail is all
how about bbm?
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Banabif(m): 9:03am On Mar 17, 2017
Let's call it early exposure to avoid heart break... Lol
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by oluwanoni: 9:06am On Mar 17, 2017
Bumbae1:

Trust me its bad
My sis still a virgin about to get married .. why we where never exposed to sort of things
I remember my dad watching a movie and they where kissing we were not even allowed to look . He goes "Close your eyes"
We have mobile phones then .. we were looking at 3310 like omo cant wait to graduate and get this

Sooo for 6 years too soon jare , preserve innocence
small.

A kid in basic six is not 6years old.. . And I agree, we need to educate our young ones on sex...If we don't someone else or something else would.. .. remember Mr a can live in the same environment with Mr b and never behave the same.
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 17, 2017
oluwanoni:

A kid in basic six is not 6years old.. . And I agree, we need to educate our young ones on sex...If we don't someone else or something else would.. .. remember Mr a can live in the same environment with Mr b and never behave the same.
Lol what basic 6 ?? So how old .. under 15?
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by tosyne2much(m): 9:09am On Mar 17, 2017
Can you just imagine? .. Most of these children are now exposed to nudity and all sort of immoralities

I had my first kiss at 35 years, but now, things are no longer the way they used to be.
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Ayorella77(m): 9:10am On Mar 17, 2017
I was taught education is the bedrock of the society. If this is part of the education then what should we expect? Ah! Nigeria.
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Durentmoney: 9:11am On Mar 17, 2017
Cutehector:
hahaha.. Av read dat book u know grin its so educative.. We Nigerians dat dont even have patience to practice kama sutra.. Always rushing to open bra and tear lipsrsealed

I didn't say anythn
must u always be vulgar in ur comments?

You're too old for this nonsense.
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by bigtt76(f): 9:12am On Mar 17, 2017
Your suggestion is akin to what those security men at big hotels and other public places do. They've been told to look into the trunks of cars seeking to go inside the compound, roll an under-car mirror to check underneath. They do just that and I give it to them BUT the point here is that do they know what they're looking for underneath or in the car trunk?

It baffles me to note that at night, the roll the under-car mirror to your car in the darkness, you wonder if they actually see whatever is under. Same goes for looking in the car trunk ....they don't lift the covers ....can't someone hide things under the spare tire for example?

Relating it to your suggestions, preaching abstinence without telling the kids the 'how' and 'after effect' makes no sense to them. Growing up, we were warned to avoid going closer to boys (abstinence) so we don't get pregnant grin you and I know that is not true!

I believe they need to know the truth from their parents rather than through an outsider who may end up 'demonstrating' it to them.

priscaoge:
Is this the Sex education they were told to teach the children? Really? What happens to teaching them that abstinence is the best? What happens to teaching them about sexual transmitted diseases? Why not teach them the dangers of early sex? This is all shades of wrong! A 14yr old boy having sex? And whoever wrote that book thinks he's sane? I give up! Please if this is what u understand by teaching kids about sex, don't come near my child. Teach them to speak up when someone sexually assault them. Teach the girls not to allow any Uncle to lap them. Teach the girls the dangers of early pregnancies. Teach the boys to report any Aunty that touches their Joystick. Teach the kids to stay away from sex till they are old enough to have sex. Teach them that premarital sex is a Sin according to our religion. Our kids deserve better pls. It is better to build the children than to mend the men of old. If u start telling them that at the age of 14 they are supposed to have sex, biko what do u think their future will look like? Are u raising them to be World Professional P*orn stars or what? We should understand what Sex Education is before going into classrooms. #MyOnePenny
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by LockDown69(m): 9:13am On Mar 17, 2017
This is unacceptable, what happened to PTA meetings, you parents should call the school board to order.
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by temiprinciple(m): 9:14am On Mar 17, 2017
this is terrible, just thinking of what d unborn children we meet at dere tym.
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 17, 2017
Bumbae1 saw u new dp shocked ur name should be bum&boobs bae kiss grin
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 17, 2017
Blacklister:
Bumbae1 saw u new dp shocked ur name should be bum&boobs bae kiss grin
Boobs no big nao just a handful .. grin why u dey look d chest region . U don spoil finish
Haha how u doing anyway ?
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 17, 2017
Kay17:

A child at 9yrs albeit tiny in stature is aware of sex, its details and possible consequences. But due to the child's immaturity in age and thought she would unable to adequately understand how concepts of love sex STDs pregnancy come together. And a wrong idea from the tv or internet or magazines would mislead her and result to bad decisions because parents remain passive and refuse to acknowledge the reality.

It is best the proper ideas come from quarters she already believes like schools or parents rather than very nasty people or from Wizkid.

Must you mention Wizkid or is your head paining you, that you can't curtail your child is wizkid's fault abi?
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by mikedimeji(m): 9:27am On Mar 17, 2017
tripplephi:
CURIOUSITY SHORTENS THE LIFESPAN OF VIRGINITY WITH YOUNG GIRLS.... either you go to the school to really have the PTA look into this or you change your child's school for her sake o.... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Changing the school will not solve the problem, as a matter of fact I see it as a national issue. what it means is virtually more than 30% of Nigerian schools at that level will also be using this same textbook for that class. The issue has to be discussed at the PTA level where some other parents can also have their input on the matter
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 17, 2017
Bumbae1:

Boobs no big nao just a handful .. grin why u dey look d chest region . U don spoil finish
Haha how u doing anyway ?
it might be handful but its never mouthful.. tongue
@ the bolded.. swear say u know upload am just for people like me to come and larvish u with sweet sweet comments grin
I am doing good. I believe u are doing good too kiss
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by mikejj(m): 9:35am On Mar 17, 2017
Well me i dont see anything wrong with that topic.those ones who started knowing about sex at their teens and 20's are they not the ones coming home with unwanted pregnancy now?
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Amakanaky: 9:37am On Mar 17, 2017
tripplephi:
CURIOUSITY SHORTENS THE LIFESPAN OF VIRGINITY WITH YOUNG GIRLS.... either you go to the school to really have the PTA look into this or you change your child's school for her sake o.... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by johnie: 9:37am On Mar 17, 2017
LemmyOdafe (OP),

Are you sure that book is based on Nigerian curriculum?

I see Cambridge on the cover.
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by sanpipita(m): 9:38am On Mar 17, 2017
Bumbae1:

Trust me its bad

Sooo for 6 years too soon jare , preserve innocence small.

I didnt mean we should totally expose them to everything about sex, but let them know a little, i doubt that would hurt, let a child know she could get pregnant having unprotected sex, let also tell them unprotected sex can lead to STDs esp HIV/AIDS
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by viqtor(m): 9:41am On Mar 17, 2017
In Nigeria we see appointment into positions as opportunity to amass wealth. We ignore the fact that serious responsibility have been entrusted to them.
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Adecks01(m): 9:42am On Mar 17, 2017
My Dear you need to join hands and teach your child sex education or an outsider will even practicalise it for her. Don't forget that if the tech did not teach her your neighbour is there to guide her through the practical. Nollywood,twitter,waptrick, and so on and so for.
Besides, you may agree with me that comments like;looking sexy,looking hot, sexy voice etc are now being used now and then. So you Just have teach her now.I mean now now.what are you waiting for?
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Adecks01(m): 9:44am On Mar 17, 2017
My Dear you need to join hands and teach your child sex education or an outsider will even practicalise it for her. Don't forget that if the tech did not teach her your neighbour is there to guide her through the practical. Nollywood,twitter,waptrick, and so on and so for.
Besides, you may agree with me that comments like;looking sexy,looking hot, sexy voice etc are now being used now and then. So you Just have teach her now.I mean now now.what are you waiting for?
Fore more details/info like page:www.facebook.com/depoorest
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Emassive(m): 9:48am On Mar 17, 2017
This author should repplace dasuki fast fast
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by priscaoge(f): 10:07am On Mar 17, 2017
bigtt76:
Your suggestion is akin to what those security men at big hotels and other public places do. They've been told to look into the trunks of cars seeking to go inside the compound, roll an under-car mirror to check underneath. They do just that and I give it to them BUT the point here is that do they know what they're looking for underneath or in the car trunk?

It baffles me to note that at night, the roll the under-car mirror to your car in the darkness, you wonder if they actually see whatever is under. Same goes for looking in the car trunk ....they don't lift the covers ....can't someone hide things under the spare tire for example?

Relating it to your suggestions, preaching abstinence without telling the kids the 'how' and 'after effect' makes no sense to them. Growing up, we were warned to avoid going closer to boys (abstinence) so we don't get pregnant grin you and I know that is not true!

I believe they need to know the truth from their parents rather than through an outsider who may end up 'demonstrating' it to them.

I don't understand Ur argument, u mean I should also state "How" and "After effect" the kids should abstain from sex in my comment? If YES, then u need to read my comment carefully again, the answer is clearly written there.
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Esepayne(f): 10:12am On Mar 17, 2017
Bumbae1:
shocked End Time educational books. At 14 we didn't even know what sex is sad
Hmmmmmmm
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by TerrorSquad147: 10:31am On Mar 17, 2017
Bumbae1:
shocked End Time educational books.
At 14 we didn't even know what sex is sad
stop lying undecided
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by BarrElChapo(m): 10:41am On Mar 17, 2017
What the hell.. you should report to the school authorities this is negligence on their part.. if its not a mushroom school
Re: My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage by Jennifer89(f): 10:44am On Mar 17, 2017
Bumbae1:
shocked End Time educational books. At 14 we didn't even know what sex is sad

I guess you knew what sex is but you didn't indulge in it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Author Includes 'Mutual Masturbation' In JSS 1 Book (Pictured) / 20 Hilarious Grammars Of Patrick Obahiagbon And Their Meaning / Notice; Delsu Post Ume Results Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.