Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,422 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure (87543 Views)

Largest Man Made Structure On The Planet. / Eredo, Ijebu Is Infact The Boundary Of The Original Jerusalem / MYTHBUSTER: This Is The Real Largest Man-made Structure, Not Eredo Ijebu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by buffalowings: 9:00pm On Mar 23, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

I tot you are Yoruba na

Alright let me try.

The past is shrouded in mystery, all we are left with of the pre-historic era are words built around heroes of the culture, some classic artifacts and certain puzzling patterns that if harnessed may help our understanding of Yoruba history for instant.

Such patterns exist in fixed oral text, place names and genealogical traditions kept in Yoruba families. The elements of Yoruba history is linked to Yoruba family pedigree. We need to harness such and sift history from it, rather than invent history.

Yoruba spoken word is very potent, many secrets are concealed in Yoruba spoken words thann you have in the heart of men. Yorubaland for instance is not Yorubaland from inception, but 'ile Aye' or 'home of the matriarch' so who was the matriarch?

The saying 'aye loja orun nile" implies that Yoruba migrants came to do business in Yorubaland and look to a time they will trace their origin back to their wellsource. I understand the same phrase has different connotation here and now, that's religious muddling up tradition.

Now, the Oja is establishing colonies in this part of Africa by 'awon omo ara Ye' (kindred of the matriarch). The head of each colony is Oloja, as in one who discover a habitable colony. The search parties involved were the Owas and their activity is imule, possessing the land.

These people came through the sea, hence some of the earliest Yoruba enclaves can be found at the sea, inclusive of Lagos Island, which is the earliest Yoruba harbour as old as ile-ife. At least Oduduwa was not the foundind father of Yoruba population but Yoruba-empire.

So. Where did the inhabitants of Yoruba before the meccan-ife oduduwa came from? Did the arrival of Oduduwa translate to sudden appearance of the Yoruba from nowhere? My joker is, the tradition usually drawn to support Oduduwa coming from the sky was a stretch from odu iwori, which rhymes with Awori.

The Owa are the same as Awo (sightseers, seers) and that's where Orunmila and Ifa made history as pioneers and founding fathers who brought the viceroy, the true Oduduwa, the matriarch to Yorubaland. Her retinue own many place in ancient Yoruba, ile-ife was her possession too. Hence she was the first Ooni Ife.

This is my story.

no where in our oral history is oduduwa claimed to come from mecca

he descended from the sky

it's some idiots trying to put an Islamic spin to it
of co this is all legend

6 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by abumeinben(m): 9:03pm On Mar 23, 2017
God! shocked
We seem to be the most blessed country in the milky way

4 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Btruth: 9:03pm On Mar 23, 2017
#OduToDaIwa!

Let see the end of the research. It will be a great heritage to the Yoruba race.

5 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by buffalowings: 9:05pm On Mar 23, 2017
Flamezreal:
African history is complex n complicated .

that's what you get when for the most part of Africa there is no written history

what we have for the most part is oral history

this is a stable for the embellishment of facts.

but it seems the griots are kinda different to an extent

1 Like

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by 989900: 9:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
I am wowed and humbled.

1 Like

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by plus444(m): 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2017
sad
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by buffalowings: 9:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
it is refreshing to see so many people viewing the thread

cossy, tonto bba and those yyebrities should take a backseat

1 Like

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Btruth: 9:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
buffalowings:

no where in our oral history is oduduwa claimed to come from mecca

he descended from the sky

it's some idiots trying to put an Islamic spin to it
of co this is all legend
What about "Lamurudu"? Oduduwa grandfather I supposed. History has it that he migrated from Mecca. I could be wrong sha, but these and others were what we were taught back then.

Even these history sometimes too, it get as it be jare.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by geozone: 9:13pm On Mar 23, 2017
Btruth:
#OduToDaIwa!

Let see the end of the research. It will be a great heritage to the Yoruba race.
To the black race! As there is now proof that blacks are a civillized and very intelligent race as some racist scientists and people would have us believe otherwise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Kakamorufu(m): 9:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
olureignforever:

Probably, I can't answer in affirmative. Nkan nbe used to scare me then. He was a fan of mystery stuffs like this.
hehehe. I tell you. I do watch the stuff back then. the burial spot makes me remember. cos the spot is long.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by hahn(m): 9:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
absoluteSuccess:
She's the one who visited king Solomon to test his wisdom.

History is still laying fallow at Oke Eri, to be told in future time.

King Solomon never existed

Do not confuse myth with history

4 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by musicwriter(m): 9:17pm On Mar 23, 2017
SirWere:
Intellectual neo-colonialism and pre-African greatness...

Africa was the greatest continent with the greatest nations for thousands of years before there were any other place in the world called a nation. We created everything!!.

We invented education. The first universities in the world were all located in Africa, and its here the early Greek intellectuals studied and Asians as well. Pythagoras, a Greek mathematician, wrote that he studied maths in Africa.

We invented the sciences; astronomy, physics, chemistry. The world's first technological wonder was the Egyptian pyramid. It stood as the tallest building in the world unbroken for 3,600 years!!.

We even invented the idea of a religion, everything, I mean everything. Any other idea of religion written in any so called holy book is only a plagiarized version of the original story of Horus, Isis, Osiris- the first story of life, death, resurrection, divinity.

See guiness world records for the oldest university in the world http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/oldest-university

After Europeans conquered and enslaved Africa, it becomes necessary for them to destroy our intellect to teach us we are inferior. They needed to do that, otherwise, if they tell us the truth about our greatness we would retaliate and start killing any white man on the streets of Africa. That's why they gave us religion and education- the two most powerful tool to control people. The purpose of religion is to console us, to make us docile, patient and without willingness to retaliate since "vengeance is for the lord" and not for men. And the purpose of education is to control what is knowable by us, to make us intellectual slaves/educated fools unable to question anything white people say or know.

Find data and watch this well researched lecture and documentary about the origin of human civilization, religion, science, e.t.c.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zRi7IoPjho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awZy9KUzZ4Y

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by ajalaolanr(m): 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2017
mikejegede:
if i can remember clearly,i think this story is kinda connected to queen Sheena.king Davids ex wife..plus she was buried close to this site..

Queen Sheeba, King Solomons African Spouse! History has it that she was Ethiopian with Yoruba lineage , hence she was Buried somewhere in oshogbo or so!
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by elfico(m): 9:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

I tot you are Yoruba na

Alright let me try.

The past is shrouded in mystery, all we are left with of the pre-historic era are words built around heroes of the culture, some classic artifacts and certain puzzling patterns that if harnessed may help our understanding of Yoruba history for instant.

Such patterns exist in fixed oral text, place names and genealogical traditions kept in Yoruba families. The elements of Yoruba history is linked to Yoruba family pedigree. We need to harness such and sift history from it, rather than invent history.

Yoruba spoken word is very potent, many secrets are concealed in Yoruba spoken words thann you have in the heart of men. Yorubaland for instance is not Yorubaland from inception, but 'ile Aye' or 'home of the matriarch' so who was the matriarch?

The saying 'aye loja orun nile" implies that Yoruba migrants came to do business in Yorubaland and look to a time they will trace their origin back to their wellsource. I understand the same phrase has different connotation here and now, that's religious muddling up tradition.

Now, the Oja is establishing colonies in this part of Africa by 'awon omo ara Ye' (kindred of the matriarch). The head of each colony is Oloja, as in one who discover a habitable colony. The search parties involved were the Owas and their activity is imule, possessing the land.

These people came through the sea, hence some of the earliest Yoruba enclaves can be found at the sea, inclusive of Lagos Island, which is the earliest Yoruba harbour as old as ile-ife. At least Oduduwa was not the foundind father of Yoruba population but Yoruba-empire.

So. Where did the inhabitants of Yoruba before the meccan-ife oduduwa came from? Did the arrival of Oduduwa translate to sudden appearance of the Yoruba from nowhere? My joker is, the tradition usually drawn to support Oduduwa coming from the sky was a stretch from odu iwori, which rhymes with Awori.

The Owa are the same as Awo (sightseers, seers) and that's where Orunmila and Ifa made history as pioneers and founding fathers who brought the viceroy, the true Oduduwa, the matriarch to Yorubaland. Her retinue own many place in ancient Yoruba, ile-ife was her possession too. Hence she was the first Ooni Ife.

This is my story.
I think the story that Oduduwa descended from the sky is generally accepted to be a myth.
It's been long held that Oduduwa came to Ife from the East, with many sources claiming Mecca. And that he met natives in Ife when he arrived. How he was able to reign over them and consolidate his rule is still not clear to me.
I find your story and analysis interesting. Please what are your sources?
I agree that oral traditions were skewed towards a religious point of view, but we cannot throw them away completely.
If you can write more, it would be a pleasure to read.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Raintaker(m): 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
Afonjas
Wetin concern me grin
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by hysteriabox(m): 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2017
EPISTUUUUUUUUU
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Nomswag: 9:28pm On Mar 23, 2017
wow!!! This country is great...... meaning (just thinking) when country like Egypt, Ethiopia was in existence , civilisation was also taking place in Nigeria just that we don't have any history in the Bible that is why we were not recognise.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by austinvsb1(m): 9:30pm On Mar 23, 2017
You guys have no idea how much reading this elated me!!! Omfg! Omfg!! Omfg!!! I feel like a million bucks right now. What a discovery this would be for the black race!

5 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by buffalowings: 9:31pm On Mar 23, 2017
Raintaker:
Afonjas
Wetin concern me grin

I'm waiting for you to tell us how you guys are the lost descendants of jews lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by baby124: 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2017
elfico:

I think the story that Oduduwa descended from the sky is generally accepted to be a myth.
It's been long held that Oduduwa came to Ife from the East, with many sources claiming Mecca. And that he met natives in Ife when he arrived. How he was able to reign over them and consolidate his rule is still not clear to me.
I find your story and analysis interesting. Please what are your sources?
I agree that oral traditions were skewed towards a religious point of view, but we cannot throw them away completely.
If you can write more, it would be a pleasure to read.
Fastest way to integrate is speak the language, assimilate, adopt the culture and marry into the royal family. Slaves in African culture grew to prominence why not a stranger? It could also be that they had the belief through divination that a savior was to come and save them. Another possibility could be that he was a Yoruba man known to them but from another town. There is no evidence that Oduduwa was much different from the natives. If he was, they would have pointed it out. Yoruba oral history is quite descriptive. They will tag you with something to describe your total strangeness. Could be tribal marking or different language.

5 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by islandmoon: 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
not like the ogun State people didnt know this place, they know, it is the place we refer to as AJA ILE - Under ground Cafe but the elders has successfully kept it as a secret, using the place for secret activities, so many sacrifices are made there codded but the foregner exposed it to the world, the first time Kolawole Olawuyi wanted to tell the story of this place on radio and he was called that his office was on fire in Lagos,
on his second attempt, they warned him about it, but he didnt listen, he fell down in the studio during the program and died! and it remain a secret. I wont say more. o ti to.....

and talking about the place why the place became isolated, they said the woman killed her father who was the Awujale of Ijebu to become the queen and later married one of the people who fought her father, and so in that place women were forbidden from entering the city,

now tell me, how do you reproduce without women, and which man want to live in a city where there is no ladies to nak? probably why the place go out of existence , just thinking..

3 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by Rossikk(m): 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Extent of the Eredo Wall and Moat system (In Red)

Good heavens!!

It's massive!!

2 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by baby124: 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2017
ajalaolanr:

Queen Sheeba, King Solomons African Spouse! History has it that she was Ethiopian with Yoruba lineage , hence she was Buried somewhere in oshogbo or so!
Queen Sheba was Ethiopian and Yemeni, a Christian . Bilikisu Sungbo is or was a Yoruba woman. I even doubt her name was Bilikisu as I don't believe Islam was in Yoruba land then. I think that part of history may have been forged.

8 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by vRendoh(m): 9:42pm On Mar 23, 2017
kiss
Good one... is only painful that ,,a very smart generation gave birth to a lazy generation that dances and eat and drink and fvvk...a generation of yansh and pancake cry

3 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by ElsonMorali: 9:44pm On Mar 23, 2017
I have heard of this eredo and bilikisu sungbo stories before now. Lots of peopl believe her to be queen Sheba of the King Solomon fame.

Most of our history is lost, no doubt. I wish the state governors in the southwest would gather Yoruba archaeologists and historians together to piece together the history of the Yorubas as far as they can go.

I've read it extensively somewhere that the Yorubas who inhabit the southwest of Nigeria were aborigines of Kemet, the place now popularly known as Egypt and that a catastrophe, (historians not sure If it was war), saw them migrate in waves down south.

According to these historians, they migrated in large batches fleeing for their lives.

They went on to show similarities between the languages of the old Egypt and Yoruba, especially the dialect spoken by Ijebu, Ondo and Itshekiri.

Many parallels were also drawn between the culture and traditions of the old Egypt and the Yoruba.

Please read more here:

http://www.raceandhistory.com/cgi-bin/forum/webbbs_config.pl?md=read;id=2139

You'd be amazed.

If only the wall eredo, can be mapped to see where it ended, and systematic and archaeological digging sponsored by the government of the 6 Yoruba states...it'd be wonderful and she'd more light to the history.

Also, historians should meet with all those very old folks living around there, you know, those ones that look like they are 500 years old, and prod their memories for stories.

4 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by uzoexcel(m): 9:45pm On Mar 23, 2017
I thought they were related to the ancient Egyptians...I mean d Yoruba ancestors
absoluteSuccess:

I tot you are Yoruba na

Alright let me try.

This is my story.
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by elfico(m): 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2017
baby124:

Queen Sheba was Ethiopian and Yemeni, a Christian . Bilikisu Sungbo is or was a Yoruba woman. I even doubt her name was Bilikisu as I don't believe Islam was in Yoruba land then. I think that part of history may have been forged.
Bilikis is an Arabic name for Queen of Sheba. so, it's either the name is a forgery or she actually was the Queen of Sheba which isn't likely considering that Queen Sheba existed long before Sungbo
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by ElsonMorali: 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2017
buffalowings:

I'm waiting for you to tell us how you guys are the lost descendants of jews lipsrsealed

Please just ignore the fool. Don't let's derail this beautiful thread.

5 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by agrovick(m): 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2017
Wow!
Olureignforever, are you saying this place is in Ijebu Ode?
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by baby124: 9:50pm On Mar 23, 2017
ElsonMorali:
I have heard of this eredo and bilikisu sungbo stories before now. Lots of peopl believe her to be queen Sheba of the King Solomon fame.

Most of our history is lost, no doubt. I wish the state governors in the southwest would gather Yoruba archaeologists and historians together to piece together the history of the Yorubas as far as they can go.

I've read it extensively somewhere that the Yorubas who inhabit the southwest of Nigeria were aborigines of Kemet, the place now popularly known as Egypt and that a catastrophe, (historians not sure If it was war), saw them migrate in waves down south.

According to these historians, they migrated in large batches fleeing for their lives.

They went on to show similarities between the languages of the old Egypt and Yoruba, especially the dialect spoken by Ijebu, Ondo and Itshekiri.

Many parallels were also drawn between the culture and traditions of the old Egypt and the Yoruba.

Please read more here:

http://www.raceandhistory.com/cgi-bin/forum/webbbs_config.pl?md=read;id=2139

You'd be amazed.

If only the wall eredo, can be mapped to see where it ended, and systematic and archaeological digging sponsored by the government of the 6 Yoruba states...it'd be wonderful and she'd more light to the history.

Also, historians should meet with all those very old folks living around there, you know, those ones that look like they are 500 years old, and prod their memories for stories.
Yoruba's are not Egyptians. Stop belittling their achievements please. Yoruba's are from Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by YonkijiSappo: 9:50pm On Mar 23, 2017
baby124:

The person christians call Sheba is called Bilqis by the Muslims...
so while some say she is queen Sheba, others simply call her "Biliki" or "Bilikisu"
Re: Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure by ElsonMorali: 9:51pm On Mar 23, 2017
uzoexcel:
I thought they were related to the ancient Egyptians...I mean d Yoruba ancestors

There are speculations to that. Read my submissions above and the link I provided.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can You Remember Those Pry Sch Songs We Love 2sing Back In D Days? / Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation / Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.