₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,255,403 members, 4,936,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2019 at 09:47 PM

Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars (12280 Views)

Make Dollars As A Guest Blogger / How Nigerian Authors Can Get The Best From Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) / How To Publish With Farafina Book Publishers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 7:45am On Dec 09, 2018
To avoid the experience of having your KDP Publishing account being terminated by Amazon, one thing you must not do is accessing or operating more than one KDP Publishing account using one Computer or PC.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 6:40pm On Dec 10, 2018
Wondering if there is any other reliable digital publishing platform other. than Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing? Then your best bet is Draft2Digital.
https://www.draft2digital.com/
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 8:31am On Dec 14, 2018
Find out how former medical assistant, R.S. Grey, used Amazon KDP to transform her passion for writing into a new full-time career. Check out her full story here.
https://thepostnewspaper.net/2018/09/25/texas-writers-hobby-turns-into-successful-business-through-self-publishing/?fbclid=IwAR3RDGJ4bd4CVKkKh2ShVWcMZduJz6oYkOkxeGif3_qmAUNZb4lV6izw00c
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 8:12am On Dec 17, 2018
Do you know how to research which words people use?
Do you know how to select keywords for your fiction book to help you sell more?
Learn what terms shoppers use when searching for a new book and discover how to incorporate them into a keyword strategy for your fiction releases. Read this post!
https://kindlepreneur.com/kindle-keywords-fiction-author-strategy/?fbclid=IwAR1RhZnipzqeJ063NfgzjIJjfBluIoXA6_Nsx4F4ZF57aZYw_CEw-AtxHuQ
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 8:02am On Dec 26, 2018
How to Grow Your Prospective Reader List:
*Create a strong web presence.
*Network with other indie authors.
*Develop a strong email list.

Get that extra push you need to reach more readers with these five tips from KDP author Honorée Corder.
http://honoreecorder.com/grow-prospective-reader-list/?fbclid=IwAR0asVO5-11A9pszLN-AdfxAEBUu8OyOSFs594pzWhbmdHxxSVmeTM_q1kI
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 10:27am On Dec 31, 2018
Hundreds of thousands of indie titles are finding their audiences through self-publishing with KDP. These are the basic steps involved in publishing your Books through Amazon:
1. Create a publishing account with Amazon KDP.
2. Typeset your book in Microsoft Word.
3. Format the book's manuscript to eBook publishing standard. And if you want to publish it as KDP print (paperback) it has to be formatted to KDP print standard too.
4. Design eBook cover for the book, and if applicable, a paperback cover too.
5. Login to your account and publish it.
Note that I will offer you affordable services on points 3 and 4.
I also normally guide my clients on creating their publishing account, on the publishing processes and how to promote their books once it is published. I will as well guide you on how to open U.S bank account through Payoneer with which you can receive your royalties. Note that this is not part of what you are paying me for it is just an aid.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 6:27pm On Jan 02
Get the following eBook publishing professional services st affordable prices stated below:

Note I guide you on how to create your Amazon publishing account and Open U.S bank account through Payoneer for free!

1. Both eBook cover design and eBook formatting at only #3500 only.

2. eBook cover design at #1700 only.

3. eBook formatting only (for Amazon I.e MS Word formatted document) #2000

4. If you want epub format, that will cost you an additional #1000 only.

5. Paperback (print) Book formatting at only #2700 only.

6. Paperback (print) Book cover design at only #2300 only.

7. Amazon Kindle direct publishing guide PDF eBook #1000

8. U.S Payoneer Bank account registration, Payoeer master card activation, entering your Payoneer bank account details into Amazon KDP account to receive royalties PDF eBook guide #500

9. Marketing/Promoting your books via Facebook groups and make great sales PDF eBook guide #500.

WhatsApp or call 07064857544
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 3:24pm On Jan 03
Things you need to know about book edition as you plan to publish your book through KDP in 2019:

* There are eBook and Print (Paperback) Editions.
*Paperback edition is the book format that will be
printed and delivered to a buyer just like the
textbooks or novels you are used to while the eBook
will be delivered electronically to the buyers
device (Kindle reader or phone).
*Paperback cover has both front and back while an eBook cover is only a front cover.
*It is not compulsory to publish your book in both
editions. You can decide to publish it as only an
eBook.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 2:40pm On Jan 05
Here is a link to some Author and Writing Resources that will be of help to you as an Amazon KDP self-publishing author.

http://ebookstrati.blogspot.com/p/writing-resources.html?m=1
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 12:57pm On Feb 03
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 5:48pm On Feb 14
Draft2Digital is a Viable Alternative Publishing Platform to Amazon Kindle Direct publishing.

https://ebookstrati.blogspot.com/2019/02/draft2digital-viable-alternative.html?m=1
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Santen: 12:49pm On Feb 19
Hello Steven. I appreciate the work you’re doing here and the valuable information you’re dishing out. There are a few important questions I do have for you, however.

First of all, are you aware that Amazon does not allow people based in Africa to purchase eBooks? Not even eBooks that are published by other Africans. They are engaging in this behavior towards us and, as is always the case, they get away with it because we African people and our so-called ‘governments’ never do anything to stand up against western oppression.

Also, I am curious as to whether you published all your books in Nja? Or were some published in UK or US for example? The reason I ask this is because I have a strong suspicion that Amazon secretly hinders or restricts the display of books that are published from Africa. I suspect that they may be preventing African published books from displaying to the American audience/market. One fiction book that I published on Amazon got a few sales from people in UK and Canada. But not a single person in the US bought it despite the fact that they are by far the largest consumer market of such books. This tells me that it is either Amazon did not let US customers see the book or that there is something really pathologically wrong with Americans (they suffer too much from group/herd mentality and only tend to buy from popular authors).

Secondly, even if US customers are able to see our books, it is still possible – and I strongly suspect – that Amazon secretly rigs the algorithms so that African published books are never given the promotion they deserve. As you know, normally when a book is doing well, the automated system will give some promotion to the book by displaying it to other people, even without the author paying for any ads. Those are natural advertisements that Amazon automatically does for books simply on the basis of how well they are doing. However, it is quite possible that when an African-published book is doing relatively well, Amazon’s system is rigged to NOT display or promote it to other customers, thereby greatly hindering its ability to increase in popularity. Of course, I cannot prove it. But notice that there is no way we can know or prove if they are doing this or not. Therefore they could secretly be doing it and nobody knows. This would also explain why the top rankings of self-published books are completely dominated by white people (mostly Americans and, to some extent, British) and why books published by black/African authors, despite the abundance of amazing talent we have, are so far down. Can these people be really trusted to allow an equal playing field? One thing history has taught us about white people is that they never play fair.

During all your years of experience doing e-publishing, have you seen anything that might suggest or had any reason to suspect that this is the case? Do you think it’s possible that there is some kind of system rigging? Or is it your sense that no such thing is going on and that there are no biases whatsoever in the system? These questions are important because I think it is necessary for African authors to be properly aware of what the odds are against them in this business so that they can level their expectations appropriately and also figure out alternative approaches and strategies to e-publishing if necessary.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 6:45pm On Feb 20
Santen:
Hello Steven. I appreciate the work you’re doing here and the valuable information you’re dishing out. There are a few important questions I do have for you, however.

First of all, are you aware that Amazon does not allow people based in Africa to purchase eBooks? Not even eBooks that are published by other Africans. They are engaging in this behavior towards us and, as is always the case, they get away with it because we African people and our so-called ‘governments’ never do anything to stand up against western oppression.

Also, I am curious as to whether you published all your books in Nja? Or were some published in UK or US for example? The reason I ask this is because I have a strong suspicion that Amazon secretly hinders or restricts the display of books that are published from Africa. I suspect that they may be preventing African published books from displaying to the American audience/market. One fiction book that I published on Amazon got a few sales from people in UK and Canada. But not a single person in the US bought it despite the fact that they are by far the largest consumer market of such books. This tells me that it is either Amazon did not let US customers see the book or that there is something really pathologically wrong with Americans (they suffer too much from group/herd mentality and only tend to buy from popular authors).

Secondly, even if US customers are able to see our books, it is still possible – and I strongly suspect – that Amazon secretly rigs the algorithms so that African published books are never given the promotion they deserve. As you know, normally when a book is doing well, the automated system will give some promotion to the book by displaying it to other people, even without the author paying for any ads. Those are natural advertisements that Amazon automatically does for books simply on the basis of how well they are doing. However, it is quite possible that when an African-published book is doing relatively well, Amazon’s system is rigged to NOT display or promote it to other customers, thereby greatly hindering its ability to increase in popularity. Of course, I cannot prove it. But notice that there is no way we can know or prove if they are doing this or not. Therefore they could secretly be doing it and nobody knows. This would also explain why the top rankings of self-published books are completely dominated by white people (mostly Americans and, to some extent, British) and why books published by black/African authors, despite the abundance of amazing talent we have, are so far down. Can these people be really trusted to allow an equal playing field? One thing history has taught us about white people is that they never play fair.

During all your years of experience doing e-publishing, have you seen anything that might suggest or had any reason to suspect that this is the case? Do you think it’s possible that there is some kind of system rigging? Or is it your sense that no such thing is going on and that there are no biases whatsoever in the system? These questions are important because I think it is necessary for African authors to be properly aware of what the odds are against them in this business so that they can level their expectations appropriately and also figure out alternative approaches and strategies to e-publishing if necessary.

Hello Santen

The issues you raised are many! But the one on Africans not being able to buy books from Amazon is really pathetic but not generally through since south Africans can buy books through the .com (US) site. But I think a time will come when they may decide to have a national market in one African country that will serve the whole of Africa.

Concerning sales in UK and Canada but not us store, I will say that based on my own experience, the us store is where most of my sales comes from.

As for the algorithm being tweaked to not favour authors, I will say yes but not only against African authors but to all. They did that to limit organic sales and hence force authors to use Ad system to promote their books which is more money for them.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 3:20pm On Mar 09
This is a list of FB groups that you can use to promote or market your Amazon KDP Published books.
https://ebookstrati.blogspot.co.ke/p/book-promotion-groups-on-facebook.html?m=1
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 1:18pm On Mar 18
Are you an established traditional author who wants to know how to go digital with your books or an Indie author who wants to know how to get the best from digital publishing? Then look no further but seize this opportunity to get free consultation now from Naijapub Consults. WhatsApp or call 07064857544.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 6:39am On Apr 05
HOW TO BE A BEST SELLING AUTHOR

Someone asked me how he can be a "Best Selling" Author and this was my answer:
Write a great book, professionally edit it, professionally format it, design a professional cover for it, and promote it using AMS or any other paid book marketing services.
Guess what! If you can do these things, you will surely be glad you did.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 4:57pm On Apr 10
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 9:34am On Apr 16
"Kindle Edition Normalized Pages (KENP) Read" program

People have been asking questions about the Kindle Edition Normalized Pages (KENP) Read" program and these are what you need know about it.

You can enrol your book in the KENP program during the publishing on Amazon KDP, by checking the enrolment check box on the third stage of the publishing processes. Does this affects earnings? Yes and No.

Yes because it is another way readers buy books i.e those who have Amazon subscription download books enrolled in the KENP program and the authors are paid some few cents per pages read. No because this does not work for all authors or books. For example, most of my sales comes from royalties from direct book sales.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 6:53pm On Apr 23
Don’t put your dreams of writing a book on hold. Live them out today when you sign up for Amazon KDP.

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/?fbclid=IwAR1RgBGstsMHqXYEkim1EbEIcggmG_246goJfHJ__lMCPQAeI1S_xMBkHCg
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 6:45pm On Apr 24
Learn how to format your work into your own paperback book before publishing it through KDP.

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G201834230?fbclid=IwAR1Kn7Lvm8Qn-Clm9mU2ya4gha-n7pPdikpcYHxb5Ewtn-aHQ1zlSnQeLBQ
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 1:04pm On Apr 25
KDP authors can find helpful pages to answer any tax-related questions you might have here.
https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G201723290?fbclid=IwAR1-KZ4yBFbyG3zjZ0wHBYLvWvU6N0uHJm-l6gblJm_mVqO1gFkniINz6MU
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 1:39pm On Apr 28
How Nigerian Authors can Publish their Books through Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing
https://naijapublish.blogspot.co.ke/2017/12/how-nigerian-authors-can-publish-their.html
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 7:06am On Apr 30
New Book Project Tips and Strategies as it relates with Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP):
https://naijapublish.blogspot.com.ng/2018/01/new-book-project-strategies.html?m=1
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 8:19am On May 04
How Nigerian Authors Can Get the Best from Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP)
https://naijapublish.blogspot.co.ke/2017/12/how-nigerian-authors-can-get-best-from.html
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 7:48pm On May 15
How Nigerian Authors can Market or Promote their self published Books.
https://naijapublish.blogspot.com.ng/2018/01/how-nigerian-authors-can-market-or.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

E-books Download: James Hardley Chase / Say No To Child Marriage / A Game Of Love And Obsession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.