Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Why People Fear Death And The Way Out - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why People Fear Death And The Way Out (668 Views)

The Way Out Of COVID-19! - By TB Joshua / Why Do People Fear Celestial Church People / D.K. Olukoya's 2018 Prophecies And The Way Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why People Fear Death And The Way Out by Dfavouredone: 11:18am On Mar 17, 2017
Today, it is not uncommon to hear stories of death, both of old and young people alike. In the past, when someone dies, every where will be so quiet and the news echos through a clan for a long time. Today, death is so common that it is just like another statistics when we hear of someone's death. This does not in anyway reduce the fear people have for death and the grief families feel for their departed loved ones.

Why is death so dreadful? Below are five reasons why death is so dreadful.

1. Fear of the unknown of what lies hereafter: People fears death because of the fear of the uncertainty of what lies in the life after. It is human nature to fear the unknown. So one reason why people fear death is because of the fear of the unknown in the life after death. If more people are certainly certain of what lies in the life after now, I am sure more people would prefer to be there than be on this earth.

2. Separation from Love ones: People grief for their dead love ones because of the separation, the inability to be able to do absolutely anything for them. They could never hear or speak to them, they can never share their affection or love with them, and this scares people. The fear of leaving behind their loved ones unprotected, uncare for and not be able to do anything for them anymore no matter how hard you try is another reason why people fear death.

3. Death comes uninvited: Another thing that makes death scary to people is that it cannot be planned for. You can't predict when it will come and cannot control it. Again, man fears whatever it cannot predict or control and that can harm him so badly.

4. It disrupt plans: One can be planning for a trip for a dream vocation and death comes or be at the best moments of a lifetime and death comes. This weird characteristics of death to come anytime and disrupt things not minding how important they are is another reason why people fear death.

5. Finality: This is like what sum it all. When one realizes death is the finality of life on earth, no 'i dey come, i forget my cap, make i go collect am first' no. No opportunity to say goodbye to love ones in most cases, no chances to complete whatever you were into in life. I mean, people fear death because of the finality it put on life. Not even a further chance to have say in how your body is treated!

So, the complete separation from love ones, the fear of the unknown, finality of life, unpredictability of death are some of the reasons why most people fear death. But is there a what out of been scare of death, and if there is what is the way out?

Recommended Way Out:
A recommended way out of the fear of death is to Prepare for death! You may ask, How? There are 3 ways I reasoned one can prepare for death. And since death comes irrespective of age, this preparation is important to everyone irrespective of their age. These are:

1. By deciding right now where you will go after death even while living on earth. This will take care of the fear of the unknown. Like i noted earlier, one of the reason why people fear death is because of the fear of the uncertainty of what lies ahead. The bible teaches that there is either life with God or life without God after death. Decide to have a life with God after death by accepting his son, Jesus. This way, you won't have to fear the unknown because you know where you are going after death, and that reduces your fear for death.

2. Talk to your love ones about the subject of death once in a while. People shy away from discussing a subject that is the sure end of every man. Discussing the subject of death with love ones while alive make it easier for them to cope and accept while one is gone because they all know it's what you've all once talked about. That way, it doesn't 'seem' to come uninvited and disrupt plan because by discussing it, one would be unconsciously making allowances for it by the way they live. There is this fear, that people who discuss about death is about to dead soon; so that's why people shy from talking about it, nothing can be further from the truth.

3. Be the best you can today and plan for tomorrow. For no man knoweth not the day nor the hour, be at your best today and everyday while planning for tomorrow. Love the people around you dearly today, put your whole spirit to the exploit of you work and potentials today, maximize the opportunity to make impact today and make plan for your love ones for tomorrow if it happen you are not there. By doing you best every day, it lessen your fear for death as the finality of life because if it comes you would have convinced yourself, your world and God that you have done your best with the time you had.
Re: Why People Fear Death And The Way Out by jchioma: 1:25pm On Mar 17, 2017
Realism
Re: Why People Fear Death And The Way Out by Dfavouredone: 6:02am On Mar 18, 2017
jchioma:
Realism

Exactly, that's just the way it is.

(1) (Reply)

5 Wisdom According To Islam / The God That Fled From Man / Most Nigerians Serve The Religion Not God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.