Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) (59922 Views)

Airtel Nigeria Early Career Recruitment Program 2019 - HND/Bsc 2.2/Lower Crd. / FCSC Recruitment: Successful Candidates Shortlisted For Interview Meet Here / FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by DonDiego(m): 11:38am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:
I woke up this morning with the news that FCSC has shortlisted lists of successful candidates in the ongoing recruitment exercise by the Commission in various Federal Ministries.

Succinctly, I have a friend who studied Business Administration with 3rd Class, while I have Msc and Bsc (2.1) all in Economics. Both of us applied for the same position (SGL 09) in the Ministry of Trade & Investment. Perhaps, to my greatest perplexity, this guy's name was shortlisted while mine was conspicuously missing. Just a few minutes ago he opened up to me that the father made "some calls" on his behalf prior to this time.

For your information, we are of the same age bracket, applied for same position, from the same State. So what criteria could have been used to disqualify someone with Msc and Bsc (2.1) and someone with a 3rd Class was selected.

Holding other factors constant, I am so happy for him and I am so expectant that mine is coming. But this has kept me in an awe position, as the whole scenario depicts lack of correlation between merit and success in this entity called Nigeria.

WHAT A COUNTRY? So help us God!

Such a sad development, all things being equal.

But to rain a little on your parade bro, lemme just say that if you used the same quality of grammar which you used in making this post for your FCSC application, then it's possible their HR unit got suspicious of your claimed 2.1 and MSc.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by ksbusari(m): 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2017
Did u hear from WAEC recruitment? Thank God there is feedback in the FCSC recruitment its only that majority of the nairalander name is nt shortlisted
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by ksbusari(m): 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2017
TimmyPapa:

Wait interviews are based on mentality nd not mainly on grades.. if a 3rd class mentality fr a job is better than a 1st class den why nt giv it to wu can do it better.. nd evn dis is a country wir people's mentality are based on aving d best grades secures u job.. NO
Dats y most graduates in Nigeria cnt secure a job.. seeing dir grades as a guarantee to securing a job. in developed country ur ability secures job for u not Grade... have a change of Mentality an also GRACE speaks.. d G factor
What is this one saying? tell me hw dem take select the shortlisted candidates?
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by TundeHashim(m): 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:
I woke up this morning with the news that FCSC has shortlisted lists of successful candidates in the ongoing recruitment exercise by the Commission in various Federal Ministries.

Succinctly, I have a friend who studied Business Administration with 3rd Class, while I have Msc and Bsc (2.1) all in Economics. Both of us applied for the same position (SGL 09) in the Ministry of Trade & Investment. Perhaps, to my greatest perplexity, this guy's name was shortlisted while mine was conspicuously missing. Just a few minutes ago he opened up to me that the father made "some calls" on his behalf prior to this time.

For your information, we are of the same age bracket, applied for same position, from the same State. So what criteria could have been used to disqualify someone with Msc and Bsc (2.1) and someone with a 3rd Class was selected.

Holding other factors constant, I am so happy for him and I am so expectant that mine is coming. But this has kept me in an awe position, as the whole scenario depicts lack of correlation between merit and success in this entity called Nigeria.

you've said it all..."a call prior" made all the difference..just one call...
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by westfield: 12:28pm On Mar 18, 2017
Am sorry but why are Nigerians daft......what is wrong if someone with 3rd class is chosen above M.sc and 1st class....are they not all Nigerians....and beside it was an open recruitment......this is Govt not Privates who choose 1st class and undermine 3rd class......isnt it d so called 3rd class that are ruling dis country......my people get sense

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Origin(f): 12:29pm On Mar 18, 2017
From the comments you will know those that merit employment and those that rely on connections.

This is a batch A list. The most important list which should have been paid on merit (qualifications only and right fit-experience).

No test has been written, so the only basis for selection are the qualifications. No one can tell me that a first class is not better than a 3rd class . You have just ridiculed the whole education system. Why do we celebrate first class- because they have proved their mettle (what's the point of the grading system).

The FCSC batch A list is a national and very public scandal.

I'm not a first class candidate but there is something called Logic. This is outright corruption.

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by westfield: 12:31pm On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

am sure your friend told you that in confidence and you come up here and start yarning

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by WiziAgozie(m): 12:32pm On Mar 18, 2017
kevoh:
Connections aside, BSc alone normally starts with Grade level 8 while MSc is grade level 9.There might have had enough vacancies for level 8 alone and few for level 9. I've seen instances where people hide their degrees just to get into the system with a lower degree like ND. Once they are employed and confirmed they apply for conversion with their BSc.

Easier said than done,
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by otunbadan(m): 12:35pm On Mar 18, 2017
So because he has 3rd class, he doesn't deserve to be shortlisted, Oga he may have some other additional skills that your big headed 2.1 brain think is useless because you are on your high horse.. besides na short listing, him never get the job and you are jealousing him instead of being happy for him. Oga Biko take a chill pill, you for keep this post for your head o

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by TundeHashim(m): 12:35pm On Mar 18, 2017
many people here are just saying thrash.."shey 3rd class no be result"; "what's the fatebof 2:2 graduates?" etc..to me, this is absolute nonsense? it is a general rule of life that the best should qualify for a thing. perhaps many of u don't know the pains and agony one goes through before securing a 2:1..do u know how many night classes, afternoon classes, tutorials etc one attended before grabbing a 2:1 and one non-entity who spent his university days sleeping, drinking and f*ckn now gets a job b4 u..naturally it's painful and annoying and the OP is right venting his anger and frustration on the Nigerian system

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Abasman: 12:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
Hmmmmm my brother am speechless.... That's 9ja for u o o.... U go school make good grade at the end no work..... It is well o
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by EmekaBlue(m): 12:39pm On Mar 18, 2017
3rd class can perform more than u

4 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Xperience12: 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2017
UcheDA:
My dear it is a shame. I graduated with a first class and have all the documents needed for this recruitment. To my greatest suprise my name did not come out too. In fact only 2 first class candidates where successful in my state out of over 70 shortlisted names. I weep for the country. This is a big time blow!!!
Why don't you start something yourself. Learn an art, shoe Making, tailoring, anything. With firstclass you still searching for job and you're not ashame to say so. That's why Nigeria is where we are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Sdallahs1: 12:47pm On Mar 18, 2017
govt Jobs in Nigeria is like trekking to America with one leg!!

shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Ubiman(m): 12:52pm On Mar 18, 2017
Tyviv:
The matter tire me.... I look the list like 3times as I no see my name,I shake head comot.... Just bcoz I don't know one politician or the other, it is well cry

Remember these words: Nigeria will never know peace until the day the son of a nobody becomes somebody without knowing anybody.

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Ugosample(m): 12:53pm On Mar 18, 2017
TundeHashim:
many people here are just saying thrash.."shey 3rd class no be result"; "what's the fatebof 2:2 graduates?" etc..to me, this is absolute nonsense? it is a general rule of life that the best should qualify for a thing. perhaps many of u don't know the pains and agony one goes through before securing a 2:1..do u know how many night classes, afternoon classes, tutorials etc one attended before grabbing a 2:1 and one non-entity who spent his university days sleeping, drinking and f*ckn now gets a job b4 u..naturally it's painful and annoying and the OP is right venting his anger and frustration on the Nigerian system

And you think those who had a 2.2 did not do all these?

I did not finish with 2.2 tho, but this logic na rubbish, !because those who finished with 2.2 also worked hard (some of them) and some finished with 3.38-3.45.

That is not a bad cgpa in the real sense of it.
And they are not nonentities too.

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by akanbiaa(m): 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

Masters is no guarantee of being favorable chosen, you wan become oga over your oga in a short time? And about 3Rd class if they don't get Government Job thru connection is it private that will hire them? And finally since you are good why not do PhD look for Lecturing job, start a small business or beg your friends father to assist also
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by israelmao(m): 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2017
Just move on something far bigger than that awaits you soonest!Mark my word.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by JOELIFYO: 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2017
fav444:
My brother, I feel ur pain. But remember that we are not one and may not be in the nearest future. We all are in one way or the other divided along political, tribal, social status and class, religious, cultural and regional lines.

To my fellow citizens,
If you are a son of just an average man or worst still a poor man and u are busy preaching, believing or fighting over "one Nigeria", My dear wake up cos you are only dreaming.

One Nigeria is only being practised among politicians and rich class irrespective of their tribes, religion or geopolitical zone. They share their juicy jobs and appointments among themselves but some very poor people will be here fighting each other over them.

hahahahaha,i have m.sc(3.9) and b.sc (2:1),,,applied for several positns too..... buh i saw 3rd class too in my state list when i checked.... there was a country indeed
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by advocatebaba(m): 1:04pm On Mar 18, 2017
ofeshe:
Ogbeni shey 3rd nobi result nii. Abeg park well sidon dia dey wail on top ur 2.1 no go find connect
U DEY MIND ALL OF DEM... na d tym to favour doz wit oda grades, make 1st class go ynash down abeg... nobody day complain if dem dey ask 4 1st and upper class as requirement 4sum jobs nw dem dey complain.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by yatty4emmanuel(m): 1:05pm On Mar 18, 2017
Pls Nl's,how Can I View The Names Under My State I Entered The Site,clicked On My State,bt Didnt See Names, Rather I Saw Discplines Only.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by akanbiaa(m): 1:07pm On Mar 18, 2017
TundeHashim:
The alleged non entities are the one In charge of the system and process mind you and also most of the very good results and many qualifications type of people let the result get in their head making them proud and arrogant even when broke and jobless.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Mouthgag: 1:10pm On Mar 18, 2017
[s]
adanny01:

Use ur brain, can you sell first class. Have you forgotten its an analogy.

In a normal society, first class are mainly research oriented.
[/s]
Nonsense!
You have no point
Just shut the Fûck up and swerve
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 18, 2017
sweetchii:
My dear I have been reading comments about this thread and u re one of those who just nailed it with ur comment.I am a daughter of nobody but d Almighty God yet I saw my name.It is nothing but grace.

God bless you jare, congrats on your success. Instead of the OP to consider God's influence he was looking at his certificates but unknown to him, God will always grant his children success if they ask.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 18, 2017
beajjay:
OP, just pray for divine favour.
I know no ONE in power/politics... .I've even forgotten I applied, until a friend called in yesterday morning that she saw my name.

BUT ANYWAYS.....I KNOW GOD!

"Some trust in Chariots others trust in bows but those who know their God shall do exploits " Another awesome testimony, congrats
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 18, 2017
sufillah:
I am a 3rd class graduate plus pgde. No connection no bribe and I was shortlisted

Another amazing testimony, congratulations! Some people think they are better than you because they got higher grades in school but they forget that it is humility that will carry them far

Congrats once again, keep the testimonies coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Pinkieblue(f): 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2017
greenmonk:

Oga op, you're over qualified that's why they went for a lower grade whom they will pay less. With your MSC I advise you look for job even in a private company tp gain some experience so as to secure employment as a mature candidate. Entry point employers will always go for the lower certificate.

Not true..... He is qualified for that position he applied for..... If he had applied for level 8 then he would have been over qualified
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by donwalexy4148(m): 1:32pm On Mar 18, 2017
#BringBackOurEmployment# (A call for protest)

Fellow Nigerians,
The time has come for us to come together in solidarity and rally for our collective good. The time has come for we the youth to wake up from our slumber. The time has come for us to take what is rightfully ours. The time has come for us to speak out against the enemies and progress of our country Nigerian. The time has come for us to stand up and speak with one voice.
Fellow Nigerians, we must say enough of favoritism, god-fatherism, nepotism and tribalism at the ways and manner sons and daughters of the powerful are been recruited into the federal civil service.
Fellow Nigerians, i will like to draw to your notice that the entire recruitment process was a fraud and big scam, every name on the list has already been pre-arranged, organised and executed.

We noticed a lot of irregularities and fraud in the already released list (batch A) which include
1. Why would the name of a graduate with 3rd CLASS be on the list of a position meant for a GL10 officer, which was supposed to be a position occupied by a Masters degree holder. "big slap to education"
2. Why was the finance ministry not published or released in some state?
3. Why was some state not equally represented? "wat happened to the quater system we have been practicing all dis years"
4. The most qualified were not selected in terms of qualifications "abi sey we no get Ph.D and Masters holders who applied for dis jobs"
5. Why would a B.sc graduate who graduated 2015 be considered over a graduate with masters degree and with a B.Sc certificate dated 2009. "everthing no just understand me anymore"
6. Why would a 3rd class graduate be selected over a masters degree holder, who also applied for the same position. "make dem tell us d technique dem take select dem"

Fellow Nigerians the time to speak up is now. we the youth must wake up and say NO to all this happening at the federal civil service commission. That is why we must all gather ourselves at the federal civil service gate on tuesday 21st of march for a mass protest to show solidarity and say enough-is-enough.
Fellow Nigerians, we must all come out in mass for this protest. Thanks

DATE: TUESDAY 21ST, MARCH 2017
VENUE; COMMISSION GATE, (Assemble point FRSC gate)
TIME: 9am

For further details please contact:
juliuswalexy@yahoo.com or 08119263165

pls kindly share

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by 1metre: 1:34pm On Mar 18, 2017
highrise07:
guy we are all afraid , if u are not kick start it tomorrow.
how I go kick start am when u don dey fear already, who go support me then?
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Pinkieblue(f): 1:39pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ffffvcfgbb
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 18, 2017
1metre:
how I go kick start am when u don dey fear already, who go support me then?
nigga start am first whether u go c anybody for ur back.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by AngelicBeing: 1:55pm On Mar 18, 2017
Pidgin2:

You are frustrated and will always be looking for a justifiable reason to make yourself happy haven migrated abroad as an illegal immigrant.

Nigeria is not and will never be a useless or cursed country, your life as an illegal immigrant abroad is just the beginning of your frustration on earth
Another confirmation below by another poster to what l said this morning, those who can read the writing on the wall knows better but you choose to remain blind forming useless patriotism instead of holding your useless leaders accountable for grounding the country, a country where merit is thrown to the dogs and it is man-knows-man, nonsense wink

comradeodunze:
Useless country.
Well said, l agree wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

AB Microfinance Bank Test Tomorrow / For Those That Applied For The Just Concluded FCSC Recruitment Execirse. / Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.