Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? (25575 Views)

Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Story Of A Graduate With A Pass... / If You Could Try Out Any Job For One Week, What Job Would You Choose To Try? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by 0b10010011: 2:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
You can get any job a first class can get!

Forget looking for a job! Just spend good time meeting and knowing people that matters.

Thank me later!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by mwenyi1: 2:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
Oga you will have to start something for yourself ooo... Entreprenuership is the way

1 Like

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by rexsid(m): 2:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
Gloryfox:
insurance or bank marketer. some pple are just damn funny u no sabi book, yet u did not see sociology or any other simple course u cud hv gotten 2.2. yet u went for a demonic maths. smh

nd ur mind just told u dah sociology is simple..... undecided
Gloryfox:
insurance or bank marketer. some pple are just damn funny u no sabi book, yet u did not see sociology or any other simple course u cud hv gotten 2.2. yet u went for a demonic maths. smh

nd ur mind just told u dah sociology is simple.....

1 Like

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by oyejideogunjumo: 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2017
joshboss:
Good day y'all. I'm a fresh graduate of Unilag with a pass degree. I studied mathematics and statistics. Any idea what type of job I can do with my certificate. Serious ideas pls...
Don't underrate yourself. You may be better than first class in aptitude and ability. Try out any interview that comes across your way if there is no serious discrimination.
But on a low level you can try teaching but make it at Government school. Do your masters and forget inferiority. You may have better potentials inside you.
Best of grace.

3 Likes

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2017
rexsid:

nd ur mind just told u dah sociology is simple..... undecided

nd ur mind just told u dah sociology is simple.....
not as hard as maths. if u see 100l course form of a mathematics student. u will nearly faint
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Deeman87: 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2017
myking95:

So that is why you are proud? Remember that sole Soyinka graduated with a 3rd class degree from UNN but went to London and distinguished himself in his next degree. I have younger colleagues who struggled throught secondary school days and were backwards academically...but is on a good 2:1 in school civil engineering. That dude had to pay prices of resilience and hard study...I even taught him physics against jamb...but the dude is an authority in his department today.
No one is dumb, some are just in serious, some give up easily, some are just disadvantaged by the system... their mind processes don't conform with conventional education practices...but with determination they could be outstanding like the Edisons and Einstein's.
@OP it might be ur calling might be business or something else, get practical skills, ICT skills..if u are a true mathematician...not LA cram LA pour...what stopped u from studying maths in depth and use it to solve problems? Combine that with good ICT programming skills and u can be a bad ass software developer. Can unused MATLAB? I'm a 2:1 recent graduate of petroleum engineering and I'm learning mathematics in depthly all over again from linear algebra to stochastic processes so I can be well equipped to be a solution provider both within and outside my field (I'm a sucker for knowledge and its practical application).
Above all involve God in your life..developnyour mindset, handle all.spiritual issues and serve God.
Don't get confused by the system..develop yourself...and be more serious this time. See you at the top
Well said! but Wole Soyinka never graduated with a third class

1 Like

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by travelpoint: 2:30pm On Mar 20, 2017
myking95:

So that is why you are proud? Remember that sole Soyinka graduated with a 3rd class degree from UNN but went to London and distinguished himself in his next degree. I have younger colleagues who struggled throught secondary school days and were backwards academically...but is on a good 2:1 in school civil engineering. That dude had to pay prices of resilience and hard study...I even taught him physics against jamb...but the dude is an authority in his department today.
No one is dumb, some are just in serious, some give up easily, some are just disadvantaged by the system... their mind processes don't conform with conventional education practices...but with determination they could be outstanding like the Edisons and Einstein's.
@OP it might be ur calling might be business or something else, get practical skills, ICT skills..if u are a true mathematician...not LA cram LA pour...what stopped u from studying maths in depth and use it to solve problems? Combine that with good ICT programming skills and u can be a bad ass software developer. Can unused MATLAB? I'm a 2:1 recent graduate of petroleum engineering and I'm learning mathematics in depthly all over again from linear algebra to stochastic processes so I can be well equipped to be a solution provider both within and outside my field (I'm a sucker for knowledge and its practical application).
Above all involve God in your life..developnyour mindset, handle all.spiritual issues and serve God.
Don't get confused by the system..develop yourself...and be more serious this time. See you at the top
Wole Soyinka graduated from University college, Ibadan not UNN

2 Likes

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by manikspears: 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

UPPER 2ND CLASS BIOCHEMISTRY, 2006
olodo oshi

2 Likes

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Phi001(m): 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2017
OP, the likelihood of you going for a masters with a pass is little to none...
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Phi001(m): 2:32pm On Mar 20, 2017
myking95:

Above all involve God in your life..develop your mindset, handle all.spiritual issues and serve God.
Wole Soyinka graduated with a 2nd class upper...don't let any rumour deceive you...

2 Likes

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Neddyogu(m): 2:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
Get a second degree in a professional course buddy or better still source capital and start a biz if u have any vocational skills. Goodluck
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by AnanseK(m): 2:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
Despite you having a pass degree a number of universities can consider you for a masters postgraduate in epidemiology or demography or even statistics. But then you must be determined and concentrate, you must aim for an excellent performance from the word go. When you have a very good masters degree, you will be in demand especially in subjects such as epidemiology and statistics. These subjects are highly valued by international organizations who know the importance of data and figures. Don't be discouraged and sky is the limit for you.
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by 0ubenji(m): 2:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
alignacademy:
Which ones have you applied for?
which ones do u av for him?
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by RillJ(m): 2:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
How smart you are, or how smart you are prepared to be is what counts and not necessarily your present grade. Tony Elumelu and many others
didn't leave school with 'good' grades but it didn't hold them back.

By the way, what grade (and from what school) has Dangote? Mind you, 1st class graduates and even professors would do anything to be in his employ.

So pick a career or trade/biz, be ready to start from the bottom if that is the only way to get in, and show all that encounter you that the BSc grade does not define you in any way.

God be with you bro.
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by teebillz: 2:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
myking95:

Read this and stop peddling false information, please.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/i-made-second-class-upper-soyinka/
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 20, 2017
Op congratulations on graduating from the University. You have one of the most sort after degrees...due to the nature of your grade, you'd have to further your education with a PGDip then get as much Data Analysis/Big Data Knowledge as you can carry.
Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by 0ubenji(m): 2:35pm On Mar 20, 2017
Phi001:

Wole Soyinka graduated with a 2nd class upper...don't let any rumour deceive you...
You're d one deceiving urself..
He was even lucky to graduate with dat 3rd class..he was hardly around mahn
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by vislabraye(m): 2:35pm On Mar 20, 2017
PaulKillerman:
A desk officer in a pool office .

That's not fair...
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Nusaf: 2:36pm On Mar 20, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

UPPER 2ND CLASS BIOCHEMISTRY, 2006

Pls go back to that school and request for a refund.

This is the order of the words describing that grade;

"Second Class Honour, Upper Division"

grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2017
0ubenji:
which ones do u av for him?
LOL! I think you're missing the point.
You can only help someone who wants to help himself.
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by brunxy(m): 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2017
U re a salvage.....lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Payper(m): 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
PaulKillerman:
A desk officer in a pool office .
CC Savagefinder
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Phi001(m): 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
0ubenji:
You're d one deceiving urself..
He was even lucky to graduate with dat 3rd class..he was hardly around mahn
Instead of you to go and find out the truth, you're busy narrating a storyrumour you heard...
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by kennicus(m): 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
To start with, pray for guidance and direction from God, for He is the God of all flesh and there is nothing too hard for Him to do. For bible says ye have not because ye ask not.
I pray God direct you and show you what next.
God help you bro
I rest my case.

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by property123: 2:39pm On Mar 20, 2017
joshboss:
Good day y'all. I'm a fresh graduate of Unilag with a pass degree. I studied mathematics and statistics. Any idea what type of job I can do with my certificate. Serious ideas pls...

Drop your number to join our whatsapp group and make money. Forget pay job and be a boss of your own.
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by 0ubenji(m): 2:39pm On Mar 20, 2017
alignacademy:

LOL! I think you're missing the point.

You can only help someone who wants to help himself.
nd how does ur silly question determine if he wants to help himself?
Ppl who av nutin to offer are the ones who will ask d Stupidest questions in d name of interrogation.
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Ibime(m): 2:39pm On Mar 20, 2017
joshboss:

I commend you on your degree. Whether 1st class or pass, a Maths & Stats degree carries weight with me.

The quickest way to convert your degree into a better degree is to go for ACCA and enrol on the Oxford Brookes option to bag an accounting degree from the UK. With exemptions from your 1st degree, you can get a BSc within 9 exams and a thesis, roughly 18 months should do it. You will need about N1m to execute it though.
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by 0ubenji(m): 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2017
property123:

Drop your number to join our whatsapp group and make money. Forget pay job and be a boss of your own.
it had berra not be a Ponzi scheme or bet9ja group..
I mean no offence..juz saying

1 Like

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by fineyemi(m): 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2017
joshboss:

Thanks bro. Can I apply for masters in Nigeria with my degree?
you can't. No school will accept pass. Try and go for PGD and then masters
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by 0ubenji(m): 2:42pm On Mar 20, 2017
Phi001:

Instead of you to go and find out the truth, you're busy narrating a storyrumour you heard...
grin what guarantees u dat ur version is the truth?
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Phi001(m): 2:44pm On Mar 20, 2017
0ubenji:
grin what guarantees u dat ur version is the truth?
prolly because I've heard the 3rd class story before...

Besides, Wole Soyinka has dismissed the rumours...
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
0ubenji:
nd how does ur silly question determine if he wants to help himself?
Ppl who av nutin to offer are the ones who will ask d Stupidest questions in d name of interrogation.

You seem tensed up. I know you before?

Back to the issue...

Someone claims to ask for help and he is quick to state he wants only "Serious ideas"

It's like someone standing on the road corner asking for a lift, but as soon as you pull up, he asks you "Does your car have a/c? If not, just dey go"

How would he know an "unserious" idea if he hasn't made any effort to help himself?

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion. And I'm sure YOU have a lot to offer him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of A Female Painter In Akwa Ibom / Mohammed Abubakar, Former Aircraft Cleaner Set To Become Captain 24 Years After / Working In Abuja Vs Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.