Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know (22874 Views)

5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker / Essence Of Insurance In Car Particulars in naija / 8 Methods To Minimize The Price Of Your Car Insurance Coverage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by shaicollins(m): 11:37am On Mar 18, 2017
Emmerlee:

N1000 Insurance? That's certainly fake.. popularly known as "police pass". No genuine Insurance Company will sell an original policy for 1k. Even original third party insurance cover goes for N5000 at the moment.

You'll realize how fake it is when it's time for claims. These fake policies are sold by criminals lurking around VIO offices and I often wonder why they are not apprehended if not that... your guess is as good as mine*

I suggest you only renew your vehicle license and road worthiness in those offices and proceed to buy your insurance from the main insurance companies, their agents, your trusted agents or make use of insurance quote services online for free.
(Linkage Standard Assurance PLC Enhanced Motor Third Party Cover)
it is an enhanced Third Party Motor Insurance with Limited Coverage for Own damage at a small cost.
Features&Benefits
* Cover is only for own damage with maximum Limit of N250,000.
* The Policy DOES NOT COVER THEFT and as such total loss under Theft is not covered * policy Excess :10,000 or 10% of claim amount.
* Premium: 10,000.

contact me 09039302845
e-mail: ooluwo@linkageassurance.com

1 Like

Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by shaicollins(m): 11:39am On Mar 18, 2017
osca234:
how can I get insurance cover for my poultry business? how will it be of benefits to me?

yes it possible ,we call it agric insurance
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by shaicollins(m): 11:41am On Mar 18, 2017
(Linkage Standard Assurance PLC Enhanced Motor Third Party Cover)
it is an enhanced Third Party Motor Insurance with Limited Coverage for Own damage at a small cost.
Features&Benefits
* Cover is only for own damage with maximum Limit of N250,000.
* The Policy DOES NOT COVER THEFT and as such total loss under Theft is not covered * policy Excess :10,000 or 10% of claim amount.
* Premium: 10,000.

contact me 09039302845
e-mail: ooluwo@linkageassurance.com
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by saintsylve(m): 11:47am On Mar 18, 2017
This
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by pinkhill(f): 12:02pm On Mar 18, 2017
AutoReportNG:
According to dictionary.com, insurance is being defined as an arrangement by which a company or the state undertakes to provide a guarantee of compensation for specified loss, damage, illness, or death in return for payment of a specified premium. Nothing gets an average Nigerian scared that the word Insurance due to some misconceptions or maybe due to some experience they with the firm. It is a known fact that driving around in Lagos needs special skills, and a whole lot of patience. But what we don’t really know is how to keep safe on the roads and most importantly, how to protect ourselves from any type of accident.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-Azl8w6brBg8/WMwiZH8F1ZI/AAAAAAAAI7A/DGeFIjA0pycKWGxDww4VCiOsmzLkws9bQCLcB/s640/insure.png[/img]

Insurance is mandatory for car users and owners in Nigeria as an accident can not be predicted even though we all pray for journey mercies whenever we step out every day. Here are some reasons why you need car insurance.

1) It’s an act, it's the law
Ever heard of third party insurance act? Well, that act is not there as a joke, that act was made for drivers in Nigeria to have at least a third party insurance cover to drive on the road. Most states require drivers to possess bodily injury and property damage liability to drive legally. Hence the need for comprehensive insurance.

2. Insurance is an investment
After receiving auto car loans, getting a policy is the next step to protecting the substantial investment you’ve made on your vehicle. After buying a home, purchasing a car is probably one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make, so you want to do all you can to preserve it.

3. It is your health insurance in case an accident occurs
If you don’t have health insurance or have a minimal coverage, applying for policies that offer medical payments coverage can help you pay for collision-related medical expenses up to a certain amount.

4. It protects your assets from liability lawsuits
Having liability lawsuits for body injuries or property damages can bring you to financial ruin if you don’t have adequate protection, nut if you have a liability coverage, it will pay for your legal defense and keep your assets out of jeopardy.

5. Cover damages to your vehicle from unexpected events
Let’s face is, this is Nigeria. Anything can happen at anytime. Your car could be stolen, vandalized, or damaged by weather or a host of other contingencies at any time. Your car insurance will protect you from these losses that might ensue.

6. Your vehicle is covered even after a collision
Some policies will include rental reimbursement coverage, which helps you pay for the cost of a rental car after you are involved in a covered accident. This way, you will have a way to get around while your automobile is being replaced or repaired.

7. Keep your vehicle’s accessories safe
You can apply for pricing estimates on policies that include additional protections, such as CD or stereo coverage. This will pay for losses in the event that your CD’s or stereo equipment is stolen.

8. Prevents an accident from forcing you into bankruptcy
One serious collision is sometimes enough to put the uninsured on the brink of bankruptcy. Without insurance, you could lose everything, and that is not worth the risk. The money you would have to spend on medical expenses, lawsuit judgments, and repairs is well worth the investment in a plan.

9.Third Party Property damage
Car Insurance covers third party, third party property damage and unlimited legal liability that might arise in the process.

10. Peace of mind
Last but not least, the peace of mind that comes with knowing you have insurance is absolutely priceless. Comparing quotes on quality plans can help you drive with more confidence because you will know that you are protected against whatever may happen to you on the road.

Below are some few good Insurance companies that can provide trusted services.....

AIICO Insurance PLC.
IGI Insurance.
Axa Mansard
Old Mutual Nigeria.
Cornerstone Insurance.
Consolidated Hallmark Insurance.
FBN Life.
Leadway Assurance PLC.
Zenith Insurance PLC etc

Source
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/03/car-insurance-in-nigeria-top-10-tips-on.html

Ensure insurance is one of the best insurance company in Nigeria today
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by pinkhill(f): 12:07pm On Mar 18, 2017
If Ensure insurance is not on the list, then it's incomplete.

You can check out our unique products on www.ensure.com.ng

And if you pm me, I will respond.

The no wahala insurance
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Fadolistic(m): 1:03pm On Mar 18, 2017
Good day ma'ams/sirs, have you heard of ENVIROSHADE? ENVIROSHADE is a Nigerian company in technical partnership with CAPESHADE of South Africa, dedicated to provide innovativeand cost effective solution in all weather shades! So do you need a carport to protect your lovely cars? Or you just need a shade for your swiming pool? How about an entrance shade to give yourbusiness or home that sophisticated look? What are you waiting for? We offer the best possible quality and design. Original galvanised steel. Best possible finish and design - high density polyethylene shade net triple stitched with a monofilament thread and applying french seam stitching techniques...... Get in touch with ENVIROSHADE now via email: Frankfounder@gmail.com or through their telephone number: 0703 859 2625, 08077356782, 08029226311. Hurry!!!! You wont regret it ..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by sniperwolf(m): 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2017
AutoReportNG:
According to dictionary.com, insurance is being defined as an arrangement by which a company or the state undertakes to provide a guarantee of compensation for specified loss, damage, illness, or death in return for payment of a specified premium. Nothing gets an average Nigerian scared that the word Insurance due to some misconceptions or maybe due to some experience they with the firm. It is a known fact that driving around in Lagos needs special skills, and a whole lot of patience. But what we don’t really know is how to keep safe on the roads and most importantly, how to protect ourselves from any type of accident.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-Azl8w6brBg8/WMwiZH8F1ZI/AAAAAAAAI7A/DGeFIjA0pycKWGxDww4VCiOsmzLkws9bQCLcB/s640/insure.png[/img]

Insurance is mandatory for car users and owners in Nigeria as an accident can not be predicted even though we all pray for journey mercies whenever we step out every day. Here are some reasons why you need car insurance.

1) It’s an act, it's the law
Ever heard of third party insurance act? Well, that act is not there as a joke, that act was made for drivers in Nigeria to have at least a third party insurance cover to drive on the road. Most states require drivers to possess bodily injury and property damage liability to drive legally. Hence the need for comprehensive insurance.

2. Insurance is an investment
After receiving auto car loans, getting a policy is the next step to protecting the substantial investment you’ve made on your vehicle. After buying a home, purchasing a car is probably one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make, so you want to do all you can to preserve it.

3. It is your health insurance in case an accident occurs
If you don’t have health insurance or have a minimal coverage, applying for policies that offer medical payments coverage can help you pay for collision-related medical expenses up to a certain amount.

4. It protects your assets from liability lawsuits
Having liability lawsuits for body injuries or property damages can bring you to financial ruin if you don’t have adequate protection, nut if you have a liability coverage, it will pay for your legal defense and keep your assets out of jeopardy.

5. Cover damages to your vehicle from unexpected events
Let’s face is, this is Nigeria. Anything can happen at anytime. Your car could be stolen, vandalized, or damaged by weather or a host of other contingencies at any time. Your car insurance will protect you from these losses that might ensue.

6. Your vehicle is covered even after a collision
Some policies will include rental reimbursement coverage, which helps you pay for the cost of a rental car after you are involved in a covered accident. This way, you will have a way to get around while your automobile is being replaced or repaired.

7. Keep your vehicle’s accessories safe
You can apply for pricing estimates on policies that include additional protections, such as CD or stereo coverage. This will pay for losses in the event that your CD’s or stereo equipment is stolen.

8. Prevents an accident from forcing you into bankruptcy
One serious collision is sometimes enough to put the uninsured on the brink of bankruptcy. Without insurance, you could lose everything, and that is not worth the risk. The money you would have to spend on medical expenses, lawsuit judgments, and repairs is well worth the investment in a plan.

9.Third Party Property damage
Car Insurance covers third party, third party property damage and unlimited legal liability that might arise in the process.

10. Peace of mind
Last but not least, the peace of mind that comes with knowing you have insurance is absolutely priceless. Comparing quotes on quality plans can help you drive with more confidence because you will know that you are protected against whatever may happen to you on the road.

Below are some few good Insurance companies that can provide trusted services.....

AIICO Insurance PLC.
IGI Insurance.
Axa Mansard
Old Mutual Nigeria.
Cornerstone Insurance.
Consolidated Hallmark Insurance.
FBN Life.
Leadway Assurance PLC.
Zenith Insurance PLC etc

Source
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/03/car-insurance-in-nigeria-top-10-tips-on.html

Include KBL Insurance, those guys saved me with a mere 3rd party insurance. I rammed 3 stationary vehicles and they covered the entire cost
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by AutoReportNG: 1:51pm On Mar 18, 2017
sniperwolf:

Include KBL Insurance, those guys saved me with a mere 3rd party insurance. I rammed 3 stationary vehicles and they covered the entire cost

You serious? 3 vehicles? I have never heard of them before. Can you drop their link and their full name
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by glambo(m): 2:12pm On Mar 18, 2017
Please can you tell what claims one is entitled to by 3rd party insurance.
I have 3rd party insurance from Anchor for car. Have been involved in couple of accidents but never thougthought​ of calling the insurance company.
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by olajay86(m): 3:27pm On Mar 18, 2017
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by olu1759(m): 3:48pm On Mar 18, 2017
Nice one op,but the list is incomplete without standard alliance insurance plc...with over 20 branches across the nation,you can check us out on www.salifeng.com or Email:email@salifeng.com...my own personal whatsapp contact if you have any question,08169920010.#Salife.
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by sdbaba: 3:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
cool cool cool
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by sniperwolf(m): 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2017
AutoReportNG:

You serious? 3 vehicles? I have never heard of them before. Can you drop their link and their full name

At the point of renewal of my document; it included a 3rd party insurance from KBL, I didn't bother. I just wanted something to bypass police or other authorities. After the accident struck, I was just going through the original papers of my car (feeling bad that I have lost the car because it was a complete write-off). I contacted them and they surprisingly turned up and cover the cost of about N400,000 after investigation.

KBL is a subsidiary of Keystone Bank
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by akin4ril: 6:45pm On Mar 18, 2017
Custodian and Allied insurance Ltd is one of the best insurance firms we have around. I work with them and be rest assured that we don't tell stories when you need us the most.

For your reliable insurance products, kindly contact
me on 08029853221.
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by 2ts: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2017
I agree with the list but my experience with LASACO Assurance was a pleasant 1. I was surprised at the quality of service i recieved when i had an accident with my car. The Company fixed my car within 72 hrs.

Insurance don dey pay 4 Nigeria.
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Horus(m): 8:45pm On Mar 28, 2017
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by blackfm: 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2017
I just bought a comprehensive insurance cover at Linkage insurance but I have a 3rd party insurance with another company which is still valid till October. Is this going to be a problem if I have a claim?
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by delishpot: 7:48am On Apr 23, 2017
koife:
Well I am of FBN life, if you have any inquiries of any General of life insurance policies kindly linkup with me.

So you finally got a job!!!! That is good news

1 Like

Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Techliet(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2017
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Mirriamvic(f): 7:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
AutoReportNG:

KBL Is the best insurance company in nigeria
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by AutoReportNG: 7:51pm On Mar 28, 2018
Mirriamvic:
KBL Is the best insurance company in nigeria

What's KBL
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Mirriamvic(f): 9:26pm On Mar 28, 2018
AutoReportNG:

What's KBL
use google and read about them
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by joeyarticles: 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
There are whole lot of insurance companies out there that will give you policy you so desire.
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Sagd: 12:20pm On Mar 25, 2019
For your best motor insurance quote, kindly visit www.custodianplc.com.ng/comprehensive-motor-insurance or www.custodianplc.com.ng/third-party-motor-insurance for your third party motor insurance
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2019
AutoReportNG:

What's KBL

Please does comprehensive insurance cover engine change. My crank shaft just cut as I was driving and broke the engine block and the mechanic said I have to change it. I insured with Aiico. Thanks
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by AutoReportNG: 8:07pm On Apr 01, 2019
0taPiaPia:

Please does comprehensive insurance cover engine change. My crank shaft just cut as I was driving and broke the engine block and the mechanic said I have to change it. I insured with Aiico. Thanks

Hello Sir, I am not sure on sure, kindly have a chat with your insurance manager on this, they will on a better position on this.

Regards
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Natmvaa: 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2019
0taPiaPia:

Insurance is specifically in case of damages caused by accident, theft, vandalization, etc.
Re: Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know by Natmvaa: 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2019
AutoReportNG:

What's KBL

Keystone bank insurance. This is one of the insurance companies we use in my office. (MVAA).
It has been tasted and trusted.

www.kblinsurance.com

For further informations on
vehicle's registration,
change of ownership of already registered vehicle, renewal of your expired vehicle documents, and
Driver'slicense processing,
Do check my monica.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road / How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help / This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.