Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,758 members, 7,802,321 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? (8376 Views)

Tips In Playing Pes / What Upsets You The Most In Playing Video Games And How Do You React? / I know a robot will beat U in playing Piano Tile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 9:28pm On Mar 17, 2017
I have interest in playing chess since the first time I saw some guys playing it over 10 years ago. Although I never knew what the game was all about but from the way they gave it 100% unwavering attention, I knew the gains will be worth the pains. Someone (an amateur too sha grin ) later explained the functions of the 'people' on the chessboard (some months back when I went visiting)... and I realised it's actually more than a game.

I downloaded the app but if I play it 50 times, the computer will win 50 times cheesy despite the fact that I'm still on 'level one'. I even used it as my wallpaper (maybe seeing it always will enhance my ability) but it didn't help... angry

Please I will like any member who would be willing to share basic techniques with me... maybe there's something I'm yet to get right. Any necessary tip you share will be welcomed. Someone out there may also develop an interest in it as u share your knowledge on it.

Thanks

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
I wish I could also learn to play this game, it looks intellectual.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by Dottore: 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
Go to the most advanced level and play against the computer for a good number of times. Ponder over every move the computer makes. Think less about killing the opponents piece. Bother more on securing your royal pair.
Go back to level one and you will be amazed how your skill has improved.
Thank me later

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by MrPresident1: 9:47pm On Mar 17, 2017
EniHolar:
I have interest in playing chess since the first time I saw some guys playing it over 10 years ago. Although I never knew what the game was all about but from the way they gave it 100% unwavering attention, I knew the gains will be worth the pains. Someone (an amateur too sha grin ) later explained the functions of the 'people' on the chessboard (some months back when I went visiting)... and I realised it's actually more than a game.

I downloaded the app but if I play it 50 times, the computer will win 50 times cheesy despite the fact that I'm still on 'level one'. I even used it as my wallpaper (maybe seeing it always will enhance my ability) but it didn't help... angry

Please I will like any member who would be willing to share basic techniques with me... maybe there's something I'm yet to get right. Any necessary tip you share will be welcomed. Someone out there may also develop an interest in it as u share your knowledge on it.

Thanks

Chess ko, chess mistress ni.

Where have you been? angry
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 9:50pm On Mar 17, 2017
MrPresident1:

Chess ko, chess mistress ni.

Where have you been? angry

With the president... Lol
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 9:51pm On Mar 17, 2017
Dottore:
Go to the most advanced level and play against the computer for a good number of times. Ponder over every move the computer makes. Think less about killing the opponents piece. Bother more on securing your royal pair.
Go back to level one and you will be amazed how your skill has improved.
Thank me later

Hmmmm... No harm in trying anyway.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by daewoorazer(m): 9:58pm On Mar 17, 2017
Wiara u... If u are in Ibadan... Let's hookup at a chess club
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by dimexilux(m): 10:05pm On Mar 17, 2017
daewoorazer:
Wiara u... If u are in Ibadan... Let's hookup at a chess club
sorry bro, where is chess club in Ibadan? need to challenge someone
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by MrPresident1: 10:27pm On Mar 17, 2017
EniHolar:

With the president... Lol

U eloped with Buhari? shocked

Why did U come back?
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by daewoorazer(m): 10:33pm On Mar 17, 2017
dimexilux:
sorry bro, where is chess club in Ibadan? need to challenge someone

There is one at ekerin side, ologuneru

Though rumours Of another has been heard of the golf club at sabo, around mokola
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by Garshyzee(m): 10:43pm On Mar 17, 2017
Firstly. U need d basics of chess.... Master d functions of every piece.. D pawn, rook, knights, bishop, queen and king.. U can also read books.. About d basics online... Dat helps too. After mastering d moves.. Then buy a chess board. Dat way its more real playing from a board. Than from a fone or system..
U COULD PRACTISE D MOVES UVE LEARNED ALONE.. or play with someone better dan u in d game..
Then practice .. Practice.. Practise.... And make sure u always think ahead.. Improvise... Calculate... CHESS IS FUN. cool

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by geebril(m): 4:26am On Mar 18, 2017
Firstly. Just learn various openings, like the king's gambit, sicillian defence, dragon variation.... And how to develop the pieces

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 5:47am On Mar 18, 2017
Garshyzee:
Firstly. U need d basics of chess.... Master d functions of every piece.. D pawn, rook, knights, bishop, queen and king.. U can also read books.. About d basics online... Dat helps too. After mastering d moves.. Then buy a chess board. Dat way its more real playing from a board. Than from a fone or system..
U COULD PRACTISE D MOVES UVE LEARNED ALONE.. or play with someone better dan u in d game..
Then practice .. Practice.. Practise.... And make sure u always think ahead.. Improvise... Calculate... CHESS IS FUN. cool

Most, in fact ALL, of my friends (even males) around don't know how to play it. So there's no one to actually practice the physical one with. I've got to discover only a little % of Nigerians know about the game.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 5:50am On Mar 18, 2017
MrPresident1:

U eloped with Buhari? shocked

Why did U come back?

I didn't actually 'elope'. I came back because of u. tongue
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 9:35am On Mar 18, 2017
geebril:
Firstly. Just learn various openings, like the king's gambit, sicillian defence, dragon variation.... And how to develop the pieces

Various openings as how
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by natsuflame: 9:56am On Mar 18, 2017
Just keep playing with people better than you at the game even if u keep losing. U will improve DAT way
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by MrPresident1: 9:59am On Mar 18, 2017
EniHolar:

I didn't actually 'elope'. I came back because of u. tongue

Wasere omo grin, baba no get game jo cheesy, game baba o tight grin

Ennybaby, eleyinjuege, oya come to Daddy kiss kiss
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by Garshyzee(m): 11:51am On Mar 18, 2017
EniHolar:

Most, in fact ALL, of my friends (even males) around don't know how to play it. So there's no one to actually practice the physical one with. I've got to discover only a little % of Nigerians know about the game.
Then playing with a computer or an andriod device would suffice
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by geebril(m): 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2017
EniHolar:

Various openings as how
They're the first move(s) a player makes..... Usually they determine the outcome of the game
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 7:20pm On Mar 18, 2017
geebril:

They're the first move(s) a player makes..... Usually they determine the outcome of the game

Really? First move determines how it will end. shocked
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 7:21pm On Mar 18, 2017
MrPresident1:

Wasere omo grin, baba no get game jo cheesy, game baba o tight grin

Ennybaby, eleyinjuege, oya come to Daddy kiss kiss

Which kain game u get o?

PS2 grin
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 7:22pm On Mar 18, 2017
Lalasticlala... Come and teach me o.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by geebril(m): 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
EniHolar:

Really? First move determines how it will end. shocked
Yup... If you're able to position your pieces in the right places, and the opponent falls for it... You have a 64% chance of winning
cool
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by MrPresident1: 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2017
EniHolar:

Which kain game u get o?

PS2 grin

Game that made you run back to me grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 8:11am On Mar 19, 2017
geebril:

Yup... If you're able to position your pieces in the right places, and the opponent falls for it... You have a 64% chance of winning
cool

What is the best position that each piece should be?
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by geebril(m): 12:47pm On Mar 19, 2017
EniHolar:

What is the best position that each piece should be?
let's see...
1. C4(white)
2. B3
3. Bishop B2
4. C4XD5
5. Kc3

that's queen gambit opening/style

1 Like

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2017
geebril:

let's see...
1. C4(white)
2. B3
3. Bishop B2
4. C4XD5
5. Kc3

that's queen gambit opening/style

Seriously, I no understand all wetin u write.

I'm sorry but I don't know if u can pls take it step by step.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by EniHolar(f): 3:45pm On Mar 19, 2017
MrPresident1:

Game that made you run back to me grin cheesy cheesy

Can u play chess? If NO, goan sleep.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by geebril(m): 6:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
EniHolar:

Seriously, I no understand all wetin u write.

I'm sorry but I don't know if u can pls take it step by step.
okaay....
C4----> this means that you move should the pawn (at the front of the bishop) two steps foward... Then check your board, it'll be on the point where 4 and C interssect

1 Like

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by MrPresident1: 9:26pm On Mar 20, 2017
EniHolar:

Can u play chess? If NO, goan sleep.

Oya ma bo, wa sun s'aya mi grin kiss
Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by Richirich713: 10:37am On Mar 21, 2017
Play against a program with multiple levels (eg. chess titans). Start at the lowest level, once u starting winning go to the next level. If u can eventually beat chess titans @ level 10 with great ease then u probably can beat most non-club players.

If u want to become a player capable of beating top club players, you'll need to love the game and practice many hours. To fellow chess lovers, you'll look like a normal chess player but to outsiders you'll look obsessed with the game grin. In the end it really just depends on how strong u want to be. You can look at this to get an idea of the different levels at chess.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Improve On My Skills In Playing CHESS? by temmypotter(m): 1:47am On Mar 23, 2017
EniHolar:

Thanks
download and join the world's official chess community. (chess.com) it has the game, tutorials, live play with people All over the world, hints and all. I must say learning chess is a lifelong process, you need to give the effort, there are millions of materials on chess online, but for now learn the basic chess openings, Queen's gambit, Sicilian, ruy Lopez, etc.

I also recommend the chess titans on your PC, I don't know anyone personally who has won at a level 10 on that game.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Scammers Edit Sportybet Ticket To Make It Look Like Won Ticket / Whats Ur Best Game On Ps3 / Xbox Series X | Razer Basilisk & Ultimate Mouse | Razer Hammerhead & Headset

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.