Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview (4200 Views)

FCSC Recruitment: Successful Candidates Shortlisted For Interview Meet Here / FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) / FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by davereal(m): 9:25am On Mar 18, 2017
Firstly, graduating with a first class is not a guarantee for job. But it is only fair within the ambient of merit that a first class graduate in a relevant field as regard the opening should be considered for interview (is left for him to prove his worth).
So while scrolling down the list yesterday, I was so sure of seeing my name. But to my surprise only three names appeared from Central Zone, Taraba State, for the position of Foreign Service Officer GL 08 (Foreign Affairs)
So I began my analysis: I graduated with a First Class in B. A. International Studies and Diplomacy while the shortlisted candidates graduated in these disciplines:
1. NCE, B. Sc. Social Studies
2. B. A. French
3. B. Sc. Sociology

I don't know their grades, but let's assume they all had First Class, their disciplines are not as relevant as my own considering Foreign Service Job. But this is Nigeria where merit is always murdered on the alter of connection.
Patiently waiting for the next batch. In the meantime, I'm already running my M.A in the First and the Best University in Nigeria (you know the school na...Lol). The job was just Plan B.

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by decub: 10:21am On Mar 18, 2017
davereal:
Firstly, graduating with a first class is not a guarantee for job. But it is only fair within the ambient of merit that a first class graduate in a relevant field as regard the opening should be considered for interview (is left for him to proof his worth).
So while scrolling down the list yesterday, I was so sure of seeing my name. But to my surprise only three names appeared from Central Zone, Taraba State, for the position of Foreign Service Officer GL 08 (Foreign Affairs)
So I began my analysis: I graduated with a First Class in B. A. International Studies and Diplomacy while the shortlisted candidates graduated in these disciplines:
1. NCE, B. Sc. Social Studies
2. B. A. French
3. B. Sc. Sociology

I don't know their grades, but let's assume they all had First Class, their disciplines are not as relevant as my own considering Foreign Service Job. But this is Nigeria where merit is always murdered on the alter of connection.
Patiently waiting for the next batch. In the meantime, I'm already running my M.A in the First and the Best University in Nigeria (you know the school na...Lol). The job was just Plan B.
Well, I'm glad u acknowledge that graduating with first class is not a guarantee for gaining a job, not even being shortlisted. However, do you also know that in the process of recruitment, very little error (either on your part or the screening officer) can disqualify you. It is not of he that runneth...

BTW, batch B is coming.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by davereal(m): 1:23pm On Mar 18, 2017
[quote author=decub post=54702846]
Well, I'm glad u acknowledge that graduating with first class is not a guarantee for gaining a job, not even being shortlisted. However, do you also know that in the process of recruitment, very little error (either on your part or the screening officer) can disqualify you. It is not of he that runneth...

BTW, batch B is coming.[/quo

Yes, that's right.
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by shareezey: 1:40pm On Mar 18, 2017
Well I don't know about the other two, but the guy that studied French is very much relevant and qualified.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by johnbuck81(m): 2:22pm On Mar 18, 2017
fcsc has a specific way of recruiting....sometimes they consider old graduates over new ones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by divinelove(m): 2:58pm On Mar 18, 2017
Federal character is used in employment too nt jst school grades, Nigeria belongs to everyone irrespective of sch grades. Abo.ki way manage get NCE may be more brilliant than u but lacked opportunity of uni education so in ur shallow mind he shld nt be given opportunity to work in one Nigeria nonsense angry

Have u ever wondered y a man without a waec result is ur president. Office of the president is the biggest job in Nigeria yet d person dt got d job no get waec

Besides some of these first-class u guys bought in some private uni cant stand a third class elsewhere cool cool cool

Ask some employers dt conduct aptitude test b4 employment

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by padi94(m): 4:13pm On Mar 18, 2017
Dude am just laffing at your post because obviously you are stating your argument is from the stand point of IGNORANCE!!

so becos they didnt pick you means that they have cheated. have you sat to think if its possible that what they need are people who communicates in other foreign language. let me ask you, with ur FIRST CLASS in International Studies CAN[s][/s] you speak any other foreign language appart from English wey all of us know? this is the problem we have in this country if e no favour us na OJORO

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by HeGeMon(m): 4:48pm On Mar 18, 2017
JESU shocked shocked grin, u don finish this guy gaan, make him go work for oil company na 1st class kor second class ni so 1st class set dey look for work sef, na una been dey make pple feel like say skool dey resume because of una abi
padi94:
Dude am just laffing at your post because obviously you are stating your argument is from the stand point of IGNORANCE!!

so becos they didnt pick you means that they have cheated. have you sat to think if its possible that what they need are people who communicates in other foreign language. let me ask you, with ur FIRST CLASS in International Studies CAN[s][/s] you speak any other foreign language appart from English wey all of us know? this is the problem we have in this country if e no favour us na OJORO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by davereal(m): 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2017
shareezey:
Well I don't know about the other two, but the guy that studied French is very much relevant and qualified.

That's absolutely right. Foreign language is one of the major skills needed for foreign service.
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by davereal(m): 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2017
padi94:

Well, it is evident that our arguments are based on IGNORANCE since we have no idea of the criteria. However, on prima facie (i.e first value), we can analyze based on disciplines, grades, skills etc. My mistake here is not recognising the fact that the guy with B.A FRENCH might actually have upper hand.
Be that as it may, the possibility of LONG LEGS cannot be overruled... #Peace!
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by davereal(m): 8:29pm On Mar 18, 2017
HeGeMon:
JESU shocked shocked grin, u don finish this guy gaan, make him go work for oil company na 1st class kor second class ni so 1st class set dey look for work sef, na una been dey make pple feel like say skool dey resume because of una abi

Finish?...LOL. That was just an opinion at best. And I'm not one of those bookish guys in school. I'm a party boy but still had my priorities right. If you read my post at all, you will understand that the job hunting was just a Plan B. I'm already pursuing my dream bro! With or without FIRST CLASS, I'm on the right track...#Peace
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by HeGeMon(m): 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2017
Someone cannot play with u, is that how u use to do, but that a nice move to have multiple plans, nice one!
davereal:

Finish?...LOL. That was just an opinion at best. And I'm not one of those bookish guys in school. I'm a party boy but still had my priorities right. If you read my post at all, you will understand that the job hunting was just a Plan B. I'm already pursuing my dream bro! With or without FIRST CLASS, I'm on the right track...#Peace

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by chloride6: 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2017
divinelove:
Federal character is used in employment too nt jst school grades, Nigeria belongs to everyone irrespective of sch grades. Abo.ki way manage get NCE may be more brilliant than u but lacked opportunity of uni education so in ur shallow mind he shld nt be given opportunity to work in one Nigeria nonsense angry

Have u ever wondered y a man without a waec result is ur president. Office of the president is the biggest job in Nigeria yet d person dt got d job no get waec

Besides some of these first-class u guys bought in some private uni cant stand a third class elsewhere cool cool cool

You sir, must be a f.ool sir. If Nigeria belongs to everyone irrespective of grade, what is the incentive for hard work?

I pray that you work hard for something you deserve and it is given to someone else who worked less harder, because it jointly belongs to you. .

S.tup.id fellow

1 Like

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by divinelove(m): 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2017
chloride6:

You sir, must be a f.ool sir. If Nigeria belongs to everyone irrespective of grade, what is the incentive for hard work?

I pray that you work hard for something you deserve and it is given to someone else who worked less harder, because it jointly belongs to you. .

S.tup.id fellow

U r just a complete idio.t , u call a certificate u bought with money hardwork. Imagine this ode, go and sit down joor.

I never expected u to be able to comprehend this,aptitude is more important in excelling in a job than sch grades, get dt into ur rotten brains slowpoke

1 Like

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by chloride6: 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2017
divinelove:

U r just a complete idio.t , u call a certificate u bought with money hardwork. Imagine this ode, go and sit down joor.

I never expected u to be able to comprehend this,aptitude is more important in excelling in a job than sch grades, get dt into ur rotten brains slowpoke

I bought certificate? You are delusional person and it is clear to the blind that you struggled through school as you do not seem to possess any semblance of intelligence. You talk about excelling at a job, did they determine the more competent candidate by simply looking at their C.V's?

Like I said earlier, I wish what you said earlier happens to you, so that you can feel the pain.
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by Erums(m): 10:58pm On Mar 18, 2017
davereal:

Well, it is evident that our arguments are based on IGNORANCE since we have no idea of the criteria. However, on prima facie (i.e first value), we can analyze based on disciplines, grades, skills etc. My mistake here is not recognising the fact that the guy with B.A FRENCH might actually have upper hand.
Be that as it may, the possibility of LONG LEGS cannot be overruled... #Peace!

Why ur papa no get connection.... Omo dey pray ooo

1 Like

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by davereal(m): 11:32pm On Mar 18, 2017
decub:

BTW, batch B is coming.

Yeah, that's right!
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by davereal(m): 11:34pm On Mar 18, 2017
shareezey:

That's where I got it wrong. Not recognising how very much relevant and qualified the guy with B.A. French is. Thanks bro!
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by davereal(m): 11:35pm On Mar 18, 2017
johnbuck81:
fcsc has a specific way of recruiting....sometimes they consider old graduates over new ones.

Well, we are all speculating.
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by davereal(m): 11:59pm On Mar 18, 2017
divinelove:

Well, Federal character I can understand. But how can you determine if an Aboki with NCE is brilliant than someone with first class? There's only one way to know: the Interview Table.
And you talking about buying first class...Seriously?...hahahahaha. Ordinarily, I wouldn't defend myself but it is pertinent sometimes to put people like you who struggled to graduate with Third Class into their position. I'm currently a PG student in UI. Wanna know how I got there? Hard work, intelligence and Grace! If i bought my first class as you cowardly opined, I would not have passed the rigorous examinations into UI PG program. Perhaps, I bought myself into UI too? Well, let me stop here. This is enough to broaden your perspective and know how to join conversations in a public forum like this.

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by ambassadorgozie(m): 1:26am On Mar 19, 2017
davereal:

Well, Federal character I can understand. But how can you determine if an Aboki with NCE is brilliant than someone with first class? There's only one way to know: the Interview Table.
And you talking about buying first class...Seriously?...hahahahaha. Ordinarily, I wouldn't defend myself but it is pertinent sometimes to put people like you who struggled to graduate with Third Class into their position. I'm currently a PG student in UI. Wanna know how I got there? Hard work, intelligence and Grace! If i bought my first class as you cowardly opined, I would not have passed the rigorous examinations into UI PG program. Perhaps, I bought myself into UI too? Well, let me stop here. This is enough to broaden your perspective and know how to join conversations in a public forum like this.

Bros pls Wich school r u doing M.A?
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by divinelove(m): 6:12am On Mar 19, 2017
davereal:

I will not dignify a goat like u further with a reply , obviously you are a kid dt lack common sense. I dnt want to talk abt my academic qualifications but if we are in the same field I am qualified to teach u until u bag ur PhD. Coming online to brag abt ur qualifications n getting pg admission when u dnt kw d qualification of the next person is extremely shallow minded. I finished my pg studies close to a decade nw, let me not scare u further with d details.

Fyi almost everyone nw has MSC and studying for PhD so it's nothing nw, it's jst what jobless ppl use to keep themselves busy
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by divinelove(m): 6:26am On Mar 19, 2017
chloride6:

I bought certificate? You are delusional person and it is clear to the blind that you struggled through school as you do not seem to possess any semblance of intelligence. You talk about excelling at a job, did they determine the more competent candidate by simply looking at their C.V's?

Like I said earlier, I wish what you said earlier happens to you, so that you can feel the pain.

Stop this blind argument and take a lesson in the use of Federal character in job placement, who kws after the lessons you may realize hw foolish u are.

As it is nw hw u got ur sch grade is glaring, since English comprehension is a mountain u can't climb.

As for me dnt worry I am an established high profile professional who interviews kids like you every nw and then for job placement and my experience has shown dt sch grades are over rated when it comes to excelling in jobs. NCE may beat msc holder on d field depending on individuals involved.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:45am On Mar 19, 2017
divinelove:

I will not dignify a goat like u further with a reply , obviously you are a kid dt lack common sense. I dnt want to talk abt my academic qualifications but if we are in the same field I am qualified to teach u until u bag ur PhD. Coming online to brag abt ur qualifications n getting pg admission when u dnt kw d qualification of the next person is extremely shallow minded. I finished my pg studies close to a decade nw, let me not scare u further with d details.

Fyi almost everyone nw has MSC and studying for PhD so it's nothing nw, it's jst what jobless ppl use to keep themselves busy
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by metrosexual: 8:12am On Mar 19, 2017
My disgust at the reasoning of the OP is due to the fact how he expected to be SURELY shortlisted for interview, like seriously dude do you think you are the only one who graduated with a first class?

What if 200 other first class candidates applied for the same position as you? So you expect yourself to be SURELY shortlisted? Do you know how many first class graduates who are employed some other place and would still apply because of the perks of having a federal government job?

With your parochial reasoning it means if a vacancy is to take only 2:1 candidates and request for only 2:1 candidates, then any 2:1 candidate who applied should feel he should surely be shortlisted?

And for a federal government job, there are other factors which matter other than grades, geo-political zoning as well and other factors matter.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by uvbiakpo: 8:30am On Mar 19, 2017
Davereal is stating the obvious thing that should be done...we shouldn't shortlist a 2:2 grad instead of a 1st class...I would have opined that they shortlist everyone that met the requirements for an aptitude test...This is utterly wrong and fraudulent...Nigeria as a nation cannot grow like this....

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by chloride6: 9:49am On Mar 19, 2017
divinelove:

Stop this blind argument and take a lesson in the use of Federal character in job placement, who kws after the lessons you may realize hw foolish u are.

As it is nw hw u got ur sch grade is glaring, since English comprehension is a mountain u can't climb.

As for me dnt worry I am an established high profile professional who interviews kids like you every nw and then for job placement and my experience has shown dt sch grades are over rated when it comes to excelling in jobs. NCE may beat msc holder on d field depending on individuals involved.

I doubt you are really who you say you are, because you seem to have no iota of sense. Why did your s.tupid self evade my question and cling to the federal character so design for persons of your minute intelligence. The federal character you continuously run your mouth about is a spin of the affirmative action practiced in the USA. Why don't you take a trip there and see how it should be done.

You reason like an slowpoke continuously using conditional statements, like " an NCE holder may be better than an M.Sc graduate ". In the absence of any testing with all things being equal, the M.Sc graduate is a better candidate. But your very poor reasoning capabilities coupled with eternal gratitude for the mediocre federal character system that ensures you feed your family won't make you see reason. It hurts to think that you are or will be someone's father. What an impending evil awaits the world.

I didn't think the day would come when a wuss would defend a non merit driven process, but it did, and you are the one that has the honour of being so intellectually deficient.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by davereal(m): 10:02am On Mar 19, 2017
ambassadorgozie:

Bros pls Wich school r u doing M.A?

University of Ibadan....UI
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by ambassadorgozie(m): 10:12am On Mar 19, 2017
davereal:

University of Ibadan....UI

Mteew, nd u said its d best
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by davereal(m): 10:16am On Mar 19, 2017
divinelove:

You are right, I don't know who is who here, and who has Ph D. or not. It probably sounds myopic to tell you that I'm a PG student. But the point I want you to understand is: someone who bought a first class "cannot" pass UI PG school entrance examinations (just one instance).

For the record, you may be a professor now which is a good thing for you and our society, but I'm happy where I am, knowing where I am going...#Peace
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by davereal(m): 10:23am On Mar 19, 2017
ambassadorgozie:

Mteew, nd u said its d best

Hahahaha...just famzing. School matters a little. But what matters most is the individual researcher.
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by ambassadorgozie(m): 10:33am On Mar 19, 2017
davereal:

Hahahaha...just famzing. School matters a little. But what matters most is the individual researcher.

Yea, individual-70, school-30..
Unilag is d best so far

(1) (2) (Reply)

Workforce / N-power: Registration Started Or Fraud Site / Gtb Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.