Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,894 members, 7,798,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

#AMOSA Apostle, Magu, Otobo, Senate & Ali - Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #AMOSA Apostle, Magu, Otobo, Senate & Ali - Opinion (645 Views)

Blame Osinbajo Not Buhari For Lingering Senate-ali Feud, Says Senator / Man Compares Suspension Of Saraki Dad In 80s By Senate & Ali Ndume's Suspension / Fayose Reacts To Apostle Suleman And Stephanie Otobo's Sex Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#AMOSA Apostle, Magu, Otobo, Senate & Ali - Opinion by realborn(m): 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2017
#AMOSA
Apostle, Magu, Otobo, Senate & Ali

Senate and Ali:

I just read an article on the saga by a Lawyer, Mr Babatunde Ogala. He concluded that Col. Ali cannot be mandated to wear a uniform because the Act governing the Nigerian Customs stipulates that anybody can be appointed to the Controller General position, furthermore, he rolled out names of individuals who have headed paramilitary agencies including the Nigeria Customs who did not wear uniforms. I disagree with these kite-based reasons.

In my opinion, if he is called a Controller General, then there is a corresponding uniform based rank to the title. If the Senate, a higher authority demands he wears the uniform of a CG to appear before them, so be it. If his job or Custom's policy does not mandate him to wear it daily, then he can wear what he likes daily except when demanded ceremonially or by his superiors such as the Finance Minister, NASS and the Presidency.

The Commander in Chief of the nation could be a Civilian, e.g Jonathan, but he is allowed to wear the corresponding rank of any of the military formations during ceremonial events or as deemed fit in tandem with the C-in-C title.

Oga Ali, wear your uniform next time abeg.

Ali is stubborn; Senate is puerile (an explanation backed by facts could have sufficed); Lawyer to revisit view!

Senate & Magu:

I commend the Presidency (contrary to the unsavory social media comments) for proceeding with the renomination of Magu on the heels of its assessment and conclusion of the DSS integrity screening report on Magu. The Presidency has a right to interpret the feedback as deemed fit within the limits of its understanding of the severity of the DSS feedback. The Presidency may err in its interpretation and its decisions may be lacking.

My excitement and respect is that though both the EFCC and DSS are agencies under the Presidency, there seem to be no attempt to manipulate or alter the observations of the DSS. This is unprecedented. In my opinion, this autonomy is required for optimum efficiency of all agencies.

My understanding is that the Presidency may have carried out a SWOT analysis on Mr Magu, that is weighing the bad allegations against his good performance, and still find Mr Magu fit for the job, hence his renomination.

As for the Senate, the members have exuded aptly the constitutional requirements. I commend the members. If the Senate is not convinced, the members have a right to reject the Candidate in the event of a substantial material circumstance such as lack of integrity report from a suitable agency. Mr Magu's explanations or response to the allegations may not be satisfactory to them. The last time I checked the members are not trained Judges. They are allowed to use their discretion. Unfortunately, if wrong, they cannot be berated, hence in my opinion, they have acted well.

Except the constitution bars anyone facing prosecution for graft or corrupt practices from sitting at the hallowed chamber, claims of corrupt persons interrogating the anti-corruption Czar remains an extra-constitutional sanctimonious sentimental expression. Irrespective of how convinced we are, these ongoing-trial-Senators can be said to be innocent until proven guilty. We need to fix our institutions. Until then, the provisions of the Constitution subsists.

If the Senate is required to approve Magu's appointment and the members decline, so be it. Lessons learned by all. Association with the wrong people and "forming Chairman" (Private Jets, high rent and First Class travels) as a Civil Servant can be costly.

Presidency should field someone else!

Apostle & Otobo

I will not judge Apostle on moral grounds. I will let his followers do that.

If Otobo is guilty of blackmail, I absolutely agree she should face the music.

If Otobo feels she has been grossly abused and wishes to tell her tale with bra and pant to the world, I have no objections, as long as she and her handlers understand the consequences of libel, especially if her claims are false.

She has made claims of attempted murder. She may have a right to some media disclosure if permitted by the law.

Apostle has the right as an individual to exercise his fundamental human rights if he thinks they have been abused. He necessarily does not owe some of us explanations on the allegations. However with his gale of denials and denigrating assessment of Otobo, if she is able to justify her allegations with substantial evidence(s), to the acceptance of the Social Media Court Jury, the impact will be devastating to his reputation irrespective of the nature of ongoing court case(s) on the subject.

However, I disagree with spurious claims of this melee defined as an attack against Christianity by some commentators because of his previous debacle with the government. The contexts are mutually exclusive. I have not read any account where the government mandated Apostle to pay taxes in forex to Otobo (as some accounts claim they both concurred with money exchanging hands), to have given the government, privity of a relationship and certainty of a willing tool to expose or embarrass or lie against the Apostle.

It is simply a case of allegations between two people. I am in support of both parties exercising their rights, devoid of political or religious connotations.

NB:
Why does she always wear such provocative attires for her video shoots on the subject? I am confused though!!

Lastly:
Welcome back Mr President!
Re: #AMOSA Apostle, Magu, Otobo, Senate & Ali - Opinion by realborn(m): 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2017
smiley
Re: #AMOSA Apostle, Magu, Otobo, Senate & Ali - Opinion by Dropme: 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2021
Re: #AMOSA Apostle, Magu, Otobo, Senate & Ali - Opinion by Dropme: 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2021
realborn:
smiley
I have sent the number to ur mail sir

(1) (Reply)

Fraudsters Make N20m Posing As Tinubu, NSA Others / Ambode Commissions Aboru Link Bridge (pic) / Photo: Protesters Storm Enugu State House Of Assembly Demanding EEDC Be Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.