Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,994 members, 7,799,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why (5623 Views)

Obasanjo: "Buhari Planning To Frame Me Up & To Seize My International Passport" / What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? / 195 Countries Of The World And Their Population (see Nigeria At #7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by INTROVERT(f): 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2017
It turns out that there are only four primary passport colors in the world, and each country has its own reasons for choosing one of these colors for the cover.
We decided to find out what this choice depends on and to share the information with you. If long lines at the airport makes you feel bored, just remember this post.

Red

This is the most common color. Passports with a red cover are often chosen by countries with a historical or current communist system. Citizens of Slovenia, China, Serbia, Russia, Latvia, Romania, Poland, and Georgia have red passports. Member countries of the European Union, except Croatia, also use passports of burgundy and other shades of red. Countries interested in joining the EU, such as Turkey, Macedonia, and Albania, changed the color of their passports to red a few years ago. The Andean Community of Nations — Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru — also has burgundy passports.

Blue

This is the next most common color. The blue cover symbolizes the "new world". 15 Caribbean countries have blue passports. Within the block of South American countries the blue passport cover symbolizes the connection with Mercosur — a trade union. This includes Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay. Venezuela is the exception here: it also belongs to the union, but its citizens have red passports. The passports of US citizens were changed to blue only in 1976.

Green

Most Muslim countries have green passports. Examples include Morocco, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan. Green is considered to be the favorite color of the Prophet Muhammad, and is a symbol of nature and life. The citizens of several West African countries — for example, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Niger, the Ivory Coast, and Senegal — also have travel documents that are various shades of green. In their case, the color indicates that they belong to ECOWAS (the Economic Community of West African States).

Black

The rarest passports are those with black covers. These can be found among the citizens of some African countries — Botswana, Zambia, Burundi, Gabon, Angola, Chad, Congo, Malawi and others. Citizens of New Zealand also have black passport covers, because black is the country’s national color.

The map below is painted according to the color of each country’s passport.

www.passportindex.org

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by INTROVERT(f): 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2017
What colour is your passport Seun? grin

1 Like

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by LAFO: 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2017
I don't have.

grin
Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by hungryboy(m): 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2017
Like play like play, i don reach 20yrs i no even get passport or enter plane before
See me were been dey talk say i go travel the world when I grow up oh
I never even reach Lagos before
The only travel were i do,
Na burial were i go for Akwa ibom

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by ourema(f): 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2017
Mine is green
Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by HiddenShadow: 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2017
So Nigeria is a Muslim country ( undecided

10 Likes

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2017
Passport? Shebi is the wan we use to use wen we wan to write common entrance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by waxxydude: 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2017
hungryboy:
Like play like play, i don reach 20yrs i no even get passport or enter plane before
If you nor geh money travul, you nor geh leg? Nor be ur mate trekk from borno reach abuja? undecided

Polish ur shoe leave that place before them use otimukpo finish you there.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by ozoebuka1(m): 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2017
HiddenShadow:
I know that this will happen...Muslim issue will derail this thread...what a pity. undecided

4 Likes

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by KINGwax007(m): 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2017
HiddenShadow:
ur case is offline...

U didn't see where it was stated that in cases of Nigeria and the rest, it is because they belonged to the ecowas

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by HiddenShadow: 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2017
KINGwax007:
ur case is offline...

U didn't see where it was stated that in cases of Nigeria and the rest, it is because they belonged to the ecowas
ozoebuka1:
I know that this will happen...Muslim issue will derail this thread...what a pity. undecided

They said most Muslim countries

Is it not in this country, Arabic inscriptions were written on our currencies and military logos

I don't trust this ECOWAS trash because a good number of ECOWAS countries are Islamic populated.

13 Likes

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by Blue3k(m): 9:27pm On Mar 18, 2017
I like these type of threads pretty insightfull. It reminds me of why the UN flag is pale blue color with White. These color symbol do mean something.
Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by kokoA(m): 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
My own is purple.

1 Like

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by Lusola15: 10:47pm On Mar 18, 2017
Interesting

1 Like

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by abdulaz: 11:45pm On Mar 18, 2017
Interesting though.

I was once told passport colours are forms of racial discrimination.

Passports with green colours are often looked down on.
Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by SalamRushdie: 12:21am On Mar 19, 2017
Another proof Nigeria is an Islamic country but many of the citizens still don't know

6 Likes

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by wahles(m): 1:18am On Mar 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Another proof Nigeria is an Islamic country but many of the citizens still don't know
clap for urself

1 Like

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by SalamRushdie: 1:41am On Mar 19, 2017
wahles:
clap for urself
grin
grin don't tell me u believe that ECOWAS crap

5 Likes

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by NeedGiftcards(m): 1:51am On Mar 19, 2017
Hmm ..Never knew. Nice one op

Btw if you're interested in learning buying and selling of ITunes Giftcards, check my signature.
Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by YonkijiSappo: 3:18am On Mar 19, 2017
Silly notes that do not even match with reality by mere looking at the map- if you are good in geography, you will notice that several muslim countries don't even have a green passport, while several non muslim countries have passports that are green .like South Korea, Mexico etc

Iranu
Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:09am On Mar 19, 2017
ozoebuka1:

I concur grin grin grin
Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by mykelmeezy: 4:56am On Mar 19, 2017
who color of passport epp

person wey dem go deny dem go deny
Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by Nobody: 4:58am On Mar 19, 2017
I love New Zealand Passport!
Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 19, 2017
hungryboy:

Una just start life.
Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by EmeeNaka: 6:49am On Mar 19, 2017
Islam printing her symbols all over Nigeria.
Of what benefit is Islam/Religion to Nigeria?
From Arabic inscription on our Naira notes to Islamic inscription on our military badges to Nigeria use of Islamic passport to being Official member of OIC to formation of Islamic bank to Boko Haram and Sharia law.
What is the usefulness of Islam?

1 Like

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by zuby4real10(m): 7:08am On Mar 19, 2017
Am sorry for my ignorance. I tot as Nigerian passport is green representing our green white green color, each country's flag will be the color of their passport.

1 Like

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by sotall(m): 7:09am On Mar 19, 2017
ok
Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by opey25(m): 7:14am On Mar 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:
is south africa also an islamic country ?

1 Like

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by rusep: 7:23am On Mar 19, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Islam printing her symbols all over Nigeria.
Of what benefit is Islam/Religion to Nigeria?
From Arabic inscription on our Naira notes to Islamic inscription on our military badges to Nigeria use of Islamic passport to being Official member of OIC to formation of Islamic bank to Boko Haram and Sharia law.
What is the usefulness of Islam?

Some people will committ suicide

1 Like

Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by lollmaolol(m): 7:29am On Mar 19, 2017
HiddenShadow:

No, but because green is the favourite of prophet Muhammad
Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by Ihateafonja: 8:45am On Mar 19, 2017
oya
Re: There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why by 9jaBloke: 8:53am On Mar 19, 2017
Good info.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Polls: Apga, Sdp, Pdp Deny Apc Allegation Against Inec / Dino Melaye Vs Smart Adeyemi - Kogi West Senatorial Battle (result) / Breaking!!! Nmandi Kanu Ordered ESN To Eleme,river State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.