Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,449 members, 7,801,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

BURNT A Story By N.D.C - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BURNT A Story By N.D.C (944 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BURNT A Story By N.D.C by Nnnena(f): 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2017
"Of course I am not worried about
intimidating men. The type of man who
will be intimidated by me is exactly the
type of man I have no interest
in."― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

We all should be feminist if everyone fights for equality the world would be a better place. This is a story of women/girls injustice and domestic violence. Rape is bad and we all should be against it enjoyyyyyyy
Re: BURNT A Story By N.D.C by Nnnena(f): 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2017
Early beginnings

The church was agog, there is celebration everywhere. The high and mighty, the who is who and the crème de LA crème of the society is present to witness the the conjugal bliss between the only daughter of the late oil magnate Chief odinjo is getting married to her heartrob a handsome hunk Fred Amah.

Stella is looking radiant in her wedding gown which was brought from a renowned designer in Paris the city of love and fashion. The preacher has finished with the homily and has blessed the marriage.

The reception was done in a big hall called Mauve 24 located at challenge area in Ibadan. Everyone in attendance can attest to how sophisticated the decoration of the hall is.The cake is big as mount Everest. Everyone in attendance ate,drank and danced till they are worn out.

Months later, due to the stress at work and the normal belief that the husband is the head of the family and the same he should be in control of the business and finances of the family. Stella being the only child transferred her father retinue of houses, properties and company to her husband with legal binding.
Fred is now the head of the family. Fred is a romantic husband. He dotes on his wife before she asks for anything he has given her,he his the type everyone prays to have has a husband.

When it was difficult for Stella to become pregnant Fred stood by her to console her and never show any sign of disturbance concerning Stella's inability to conceive. Fred's mother do come to nag and rant about Stella barrenness.

God is the one that gives child mama Fred always reply. Stella would just look on crying.This became how they live till God answered their prayers and bless them with a baby boy. The family were happy. Things continue to be good for the Amah's. The name of the baby is Isaac. Years later the family is also blessed with another baby girl called Purity.

Stella is happy because her family is complete, her husband is doing good and things are going well for the family.
Re: BURNT A Story By N.D.C by Chumzypinky(f): 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2017
Babe, hw many story at a tym?
Re: BURNT A Story By N.D.C by Nnnena(f): 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Babe, hw many story at a tym?
only two ooooo i can manage na
Re: BURNT A Story By N.D.C by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 19, 2017
Nnnena:
only two ooooo i can manage na
Ma I U Thru Wit My Love My Secret. Cus I Want U 2 Finish B4 Readin It.
Re: BURNT A Story By N.D.C by Nnnena(f): 11:35am On Mar 20, 2017
THE AFTERMATH

Things starts to turn sour 3years after purity is born. Isaac is 10years then.

Fred returns back from work very late. Stella Stella .... Fred called

Stella was asleep when her husband came back she has been waiting for her husband since but he hasn't returned. Fred barges into the room shakes Stella vigorously

Fred: woman so you mean you have been sleeping and have been calling you since

Stella: Fred you are just coming and beside you said so yourself am just waking
(Fred slaps her)

Fred: you dare talk to me like that. You know am the head of the family and you have to treat me as such
Stella: am not fighting with you we all know you are the head. In fact what is it why are you calling me
Fred: where is my food

Stella: which food the one you said i should stop preparing for you because you can't eat my food or which one. Anyways if you want to eat go right into the fridge and warm the soup i prepared and make wheat for yourself

Fred removes his belt ready to beat his wife because of her statement

Fred: i don't eat your food because you can't cook.
You sent the maid away because of your jealousy.....
Stella: jealousy indeed you practically sleep with the maid under this roof what sort of a husband are you?

This statement infuriates Fred and he began to beat his wife. He dragged her from the room to the kitchen opens the fridge and pour the soup on her. Isaac and purity were watching from a corner. Isaac can't dare say anything or he would have to share the same fate with his mother. They had to see and watch there mother being battered and beaten everyday by their father over flimsiest things. Fred left the scene with annoyance. The children ran to their mother who was on the floor half conscious.
*****************""
Stella has been in the hospital for 3days without the visitation of her husband. She is lost in thought
Stellasadwhere do i go wrong i pratically satisfy my husband.even going way overboard to please him. I never married him like this he just changed overnight)
The doctor emerges hey Mrs Amah how are you doing

Stella: am good doc. Please doc has my husband come visiting?

Doctor: no i haven't seen him. Mrs Amah i only saw him the day he brought you to the hospital and settled all your bills. I haven't even seen your children after then. Can you tell me what's going on ma

Stella: Doc there is nothing going on he is really busy, you know travel here and there and my children are going to school so that's why they aren't here.

Doctor: ma i want you to tell me what really happened and how this wound got to be (touches her face, feels her temperature and checks her wound(

Stella: doctor i have told you i slipped there was water on the floor and i sliiped it was just an accident

Doctor; this doesn't look like an accident it's as if you are beaten

Stella :me beaten kwah no. Who wants to beat me ?
Doctor: i don't know maybe you should tell me. Is your husband harassing you

Stella: (stuttering) no my husband never lays his finger on me

Doctor : ok i just want to tell you, you have been discharged

Stella: thanks doctor . please is your phone with you let me call my driver

Doctor: sure go ahead(hands over his phone to her)
Stella called the driver to pick her up. Thanks doctor for your care and treatment. You are welcome the doctor said.

Isaac and purity were at hone they were eager to know how there mother is faring but their father won't allow them to go out. Because of his dad nonchalant and wicked attitude to his mom, isaac hate his father with passion but little purity don't know what is going on. Sometimes Isaac pray for his father's death.

Isaac: (soliloquies) i wish dad would just die so that my mom and i can live peacefully. He comes home drunk every night and brings different his to sleep with.

Stella arrives and met her children in the parlor when they saw her they ran to welcome her.

Purity : mom are you sick daddy did not want us to come and see you

Stella: no baby mommy is just tired.

She hugs her children and asks about their welfare. She asked about there dad and they said he has gone to work. She sat down on one of the chairs

Isaac: mom i don't like dad

Stella: what do you mean he is your father you shouldn't speak Ill of your dad like dad

Isaac: yes mom i don't like dad because he doesn't love you

Stella : shut up what do you know about love your dad loves me

Isaac: if dad loves you or us he wouldn't beat you at the slightest provocation

Stella: Isaac stop saying that yes he may not love me but he loves you

Isaac: mom if dad doesn't love you he definitely don't love us too

Stella: never mind have you guys eaten

Isaac&purity; yes we have

Stella enters inside to rest. Hours later she woke up and started thinking about the sham she called marriage. It all went wrong after she gave birth to Purity, Fred started complaining how fat she looks and how she isnt able to satisfy him sexually, is marriage only about sex and child bearing. And if she should file divorce she is the one to lose. Nigeria divorce system doesn't benefit the woman and also she has signed and handed all her father's property to Fred and that is the worst decision she has ever made in life. Had it been she has not signed everything to her husband she could have left. She is tired and suffering in this marriage. Her phone ringing.

Stella: (picks phone) hello ..yes ..what? You mean my husband? Yeee accident where arrrrh am coming.( she rushes outside picks her car key and drive off)
Re: BURNT A Story By N.D.C by Nnnena(f): 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2017
"A woman is like a tea bag—you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." —Eleanor Roosevelt
Re: BURNT A Story By N.D.C by Nnnena(f): 1:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
THE ACCIDENT
Fred
As i was driving D'rovans hotel located at ring road with a beautiful girl beside me my mind cant just help but drift to my wife and how she is faring. Yes i dont really find my wife as beautiful and sexy as before when i try to tell her she do shun me off. I regret beating her but she do push me to the wall, i do hate it when she disobeys me. Well i know she can't divorce me, i control all finances and owns all business and properties, so she has to think twice. I noticed something moving to my crotch. Wow wow take it easy..... I told the girl beside Gina or what was her name

Baby what you thinking about you've not said a word to me since you picked me up. Or are you changing your mind.

"Who is, her baby" i thought. No dear just thinking of the great night we are going to have. Uhm uhm i just lied damn.

She continued to rub me all over and i was feeling the heat, i lost concentration on my driving. In a flash my jeep hit a tree a fucking tree that was what was on my mind before i give in to yhe darkness surrounding me.
STELLA
I ran to the hospital reception. The sign board reads Zoe hospital, my mind is everywhere, what was, fred doing at Ringroad area thats story for another day i just want him to be okay.

Good afternoon nurse am looking for my husband i heard he, was brought in here, he was involved in an accident

Ok what's his name , the nurse asked

Erm Fred Amah

Ok go straight the 3rd room by your right that's his ward.

Thanks ma.

As soon as i entered the ward i was moved to tears, fred is in a really bad shape. He was placed on oxygen and his body is POPed like what sort of accident is this. I broke into tears. I was crying my eyes out when the doctor came in.

Who are you, the doctor asked

Am his wife, Stella Odinjo-Amah

Ohhh good afternoon ma i get it now that means the girl found in his car is your sister or his sister

A girl was in his car. Doctor i dont have a sister and all my husband sister aint in Nigeria.

Ok we are disturbing the patient let's take the discussion to my office.

Ok sir. I followed him to his office. So doctor about the girl in my husband car how is she.?

Well she is dead , the doctor replied

What, ok how is my husband

Well he needs your prayer he is in coma now, the doctor said.

Ok doctor can i take my leave and make necessary payment.

Why not go ahead.

My eyes is really puffed out with all my crying even with the fact that i was just discharged from the hospital. Some tears were still dropping when i noticed someone giving me handkerchief i looked up and saw one of the most handsome man i have ever seen. But i was really not conscious of things like this before my emotions is just everywhere. I collected the handkerchief and thanked him.

If you need a crying shoulder my arms are opened the stranger said

Wow such a cute voice i thought

No thanks i would manage, thanks for the hanky i offered to give it back to him but he rejected it.

Well my name is Dayo am an I.T consultant, i came to visit my doctor friend but when i saw you an angel like you crying i cant bring myself to move.

Thanks for your care Mr Dayo but am leaving soon.

Well you cant leave without telling me your name, and what troubles you.

Ok my name is Mrs Stella am married with 2kids.

Well i aint blind i can see the rings on your finger so whats the problem, Dayo asked

You really want to know my problem , i asked

Yes, he replied

My problem is mind your damn business you are delaying me. I hissed and left. Some people cant just mind their business, he knows am married and he is still flirting men are just dog.

1 Like

Re: BURNT A Story By N.D.C by Nnnena(f): 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
i would have updated more but am in my village and the network here is bad so aside from this who stays at imo or owerri let's all hang out together
Re: BURNT A Story By N.D.C by marve20: 10:18am On May 25, 2017
tongue tongue

(1) (Reply)

Lubabatu Domin Yara Atafin Hannunku_ Littafin Ibrahim M. Gombe / Pun Story / Good Morning Habits For A Successful Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.