Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,721 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... (73025 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice / Man Fakes His Career For 14 Years To Wife, Goes To Another Woman's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Ibj50(m): 3:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

But the money she added is just too much 22,700 - 11,500 = 11,200 naira
thats stealing considering you pay her monthly , what is not right is not right, things like this can wreck your marriage cause i don't see why she can't talk to you if she needs extra cash.. As far as your write up is concerned i don't think you've deprived her of her needs to warrant lies
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by lexy2014: 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:

You
angry angry angry
victim mentality...hahahaha
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by dragonking3: 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
Rilwan20:
Even Pastors take 'tithe'
Sigh
And imam steals people's wives
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by peculiar32(f): 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
all I can say is that you need to pray for your spouse and handle this issue with love. You can speak to her when she's calm n then tell her you don't like the behaviour. reducing the money or suspending it might not make her sober.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Dyt(f): 3:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
Macgabe:

And why in God's name will you women inflate prices? Don't you see it as a way of showing dishonesty to your spouse and dilute the level of trust he has for you? Is that Norm normal or is just a way of showing lack of content?

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Macgabe(m): 3:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
NoToPile:
So sorry OP

So she gets around 30k as pocket money every month, and you pay all the bills buy everything needed and pay fees and school stuffs.That should be okay for her manage for personal effects I think, people earn 30k as salary nau.

That aside I see a lot of"I" "I" "I" in your statements its not all about you bro, You also mentioned the primary duties which you say is baby sitting, cooking your dinner during the week and both dinner and lunch during weekends, its quite a lot of work not as easy as it looks.

Not giving her her pocket money as a form of punishment translates to you not taking up your responsibility as a husband , you are meant to provide for her and take care of her and that should not change because of a misunderstanding especially since she has no source of income yet, where do u expect her to get money from if you seize her allawee.

Its better you communicate (not confront) to her let her know you were not happy with the extra she added on it, ask if she needed some extra stuffs at that time, ask why she did it was the 30k not enough for her that month?
Its not easy being in a position of being totally drpendednt and not having any money of your own, you need to see from her own view point too. She may have had extra need (you didn't mention she has inflated stuffs for you before ) and didn't want ti tell you about it since you already think she's not satisfied with the 17.2%

I don't know if its just me but I found the repetition of 17.2% in your narration quite amusing. OP no vex oo lool. How did you come to the conclusion that its 17.2% she's entitled too loool.

Wow this is so detailed. You've said my mind.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Dyt(f): 3:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
lexy2014:
victim mentality...hahahaha

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ROBO1722: 3:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
WHICH ONE IS LOCAL FOOD AND WHICH IS PAP?

REMOVE THE 17.2% OF WHATEVER KPM SALARY.

ESTABLISH HER AND LET HER MANAGE HER RESOURCES WHILE YOU CONTINUE TO FEED THE HOUSE UNTIL A TIME SHE IS SETTLED IN HER BUSINESS AND YOU DEMAND SHE CONTINUE TO THE UPKEEP OF THE HOME.

GUYS, ABOLISH THIS "FULL-HOUSE-WIFE" STUFF AND LET EVERYBODY DO SOMETHING MEANINGFUL
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by adorable29(f): 3:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Famaksunday(m): 3:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
Bro before you marry her I don't think you go for a research ummm na waoo for u ooo, do you think u can just marry a lady like that, see my advise for you is that put it in prayer therefore tell your spiritual fathers to pray for you because if u don't pray your marriage is going to crash oooo, that's not a curse ooo, its the fact, she don't want to care for you she only wants to consume your life, she is a destroyer, what she needs is deliverance,, woooo bro that's all
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by kuntash: 3:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

She isn't cheating on me and my marriage will not break IJN

Amen !

Meanwhile , Pls it's not too wise sharing your family affairs on the social blog ...
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Pieromania: 3:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
Macgabe:

I don't see anything wrong in what the OP did. She's just being carlous and greedy ni. She's a woman and will need some money for upkeeps so the need for the "salary"! Any woman that shows lack of content is doom for destruction. Its unfortunate that good ones always come in contact with the bad ones. Give such woman 1m, she will never be satisfied because she derives satisfaction in living above her means.
That is the point i am making here,her greed is what will start affecting the marriage if proper action like prayer and counselling is not quickly adopted.Women that are so materialistic often end up cheating,they can do anything jst to satisfy their selfish and insatiable thirst.Most people bashing me here for been blunt and frank here knows nothing,so they won't understand
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by spyroxy1(m): 3:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

30,100 / 175,000 x 100% = 17.2%
I add 2.5% increment to my wifes salary every Dec

Guy you dey surprise and at the same time impress me.

Firstly, the 17.2% and then 2.5% increment every December amazes me. Do you have additional income? How do you feed? Do you also save? I bow to you with this your calculative and economical measures!

Hmm If I can do this also
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by mevisbleek: 3:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

My marriage will not crash IJN, I repeat that you bro

Everything in Nigeria ends with IJN. Oyinbo land better pass our own because they are fact based and not IJN based. Bro, if u don't fix this ur marriage might........

Curse me if u like, I'm a fact based kinda guy and also a realist that's why I married a professional. Reality is dawning on you and you are complaining, why didn't u just pray about the issue and hope God will resolve it, u see....

I'm typing from my office somewhere in Toronto. Wifey and I are going to spend the weekend in Maui and she's paying for it.

Advise to the single guys in the house, don't marry a woman who cannot add value to the marriage financially. Anywayz, u can if u are making a killing. Love becomes frustrating when funds are tight and a lot of couple tend to separate or start cheating.

Oya the preachers in the house make una start to dey pour curses on me. The bottom line is, I LOVE MY MARRIED LIFE.

Stay blessed.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Adebowale89(m): 3:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
I must loud your determination, infact u really tried. but sorry to say this you caused it, like you expose her too much for that monthly salary somewhat that she wasn't even contended with what u are offering her

try to talked to her with a friendly approach and orientate her on modesty in spending

as for me, I can't marry any undergraduate talkless of sponsoring her to an institution
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Macgabe(m): 3:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
kimbra:
Why are some of the guys on this thread making a mountain out of a molehill?.

Most men whose wives are stay at home mothers get monthly stipends which is for their upkeep. Some women inflate prices of things to their husbands as a means to add more money to their wallets, for some men they find out and don't care cos they understand the rationale behind it. As for her rude attitude it's bad and is what should bother you most. Not her inflation of hospital bills. Would you let N11,200 cost you your marriage?.

All well said. But is it proper or justified to always inflate the prices of item just to add more money to your wallet? Why not discuss it with the man and ask for a little increase instead. Remember, trust can't be built in a day but can be broken in seconds. It also shows dishonesty on the part of the woman.
For me, I am not going to pay my wife a dime because the money belongs to both of us. We plan on how to spend together and she would most likely be in charge of finance in the house.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by VictorEkwere: 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:
Dear reasonable people on Nairaland, please I need your advise

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

My wife isn't not working yet she is still schooling and I pay all her fees,

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will it be advisable not to pay her her monthly salary for two months ?

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done
Guy u are not serious when u are serious u will wake up from this ur sleep and embrace reality and u gat to know that there is a great differnce between building a home and managing a home because what u are doing is home management not home building.Base on ur earning u need more of building than managing cut off some excesses to avoid abuse be more close to ur wife and make her ur friend.From my own point of view u hv more than one source of income thats why u are comfortable with this,if truely 175k is ur take home with no additional income u would hv knw what to do long before nw thanks just my candid opinion no hate pls.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by lexy2014: 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
[quote author=Dyt post=54905294][/quote]love u babe.u look beautiful
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Elhabeeb1(m): 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
Joavid:
This is what happens when you marry longer throat.

Someone who's never satisfied and wants to live above their means - (and in this case lack of)

that is your cross, carry it.

kikikikikikikiki grin if you stop paying her the 17.2% for two months, be prepared to starve o. cos when you drop money for food, you won't see food. the cash in your wallet will grow wings, your ATM card sef fit miss. grin

so carry your cross!

She don become thief na.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 24, 2017
OP is not in control of his marriage at all...

Whether they would divorce or not, i am not a soothsayer.

But i can bet my left nut that this woman would eventually cheat. Mark my words.

I like the way a lot of women are siding her over inflating hospital bills. Dishonesty should NEVER be tolerated.

This kind of woman, her true color would be revealed when salary is stopped... just like one other story posted this week
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by dragonking3: 3:43pm On Mar 24, 2017
Intra:
Dear Op,
I don't usually post on this forum, but yours is an interesting scenario.
I am in a similar position and I'd like to share with you how I was able to handle the situation. While I earn significantly more than you and therefore what I make available to my wife is more than yours, the principles are the same so I believe this might be helpful.

I make available 125k available to my wife every month, then a further 80k for the home needs (we have just 2 kids ages 3yrs and 1yr) in addition to the housemaid's salary, DSTV, fuel etc. but despite this, I still get tagged ''irresponsible'' by her and by the 19th or thereabouts she is already on the war path asking for more funds. She is a lawyer but she doesn't work so I quite understand that she doesn't have an independent source of income (I assume the same is the case with yours too).

Initially, I used to get quite resentful especially when her folks start calling me to ask why I'm depriving her of money when I know she doesn't work.
I got tired of explaining that I fork out minimum 250k every month on so-called upkeep.
So how did I solve this problem.
I sat her down and asked her to let us work out a monthly budget for the house....including her own allowance.

We wrote down everything needed for the month and the cost. We argued robustly on this until we were able to agree at a fixed sum. Then I made it clear to her that no matter what happens, by the 28th of every month, I will transfer this sum to her account. Even if I have to beg, steal or borrow it. And on her own part, she has to administer that money judiciously because no matter what happens, one extra naira will not come before the next allowance is due.
I stopped interfering in what she buys for the house, when she buys it and all those details. My own is that there must be no lack in the house once I've fulfilled my own part of the agreement.

The first month was funny because she attempted to ask for more, but I was resolute. it was kinda tough but she got the message. So she learnt 'Home Economics' by force. Maybe it helped that I have health insurance that covered the whole family from the office and I don't have so many friends or family around me so there are really no unexpected expenses during the month.

So, OP...you might try this approach. Instead of burdening yourself with trying to run the home and being billed for expenses as they come, agree a total monthly budget with her, and make that available every month, consistently, without any excuse. I want to believe that if she sees that consistency in the amount and timing....she herself will work to fit in with your financial planning.

Cheers and best of luck.
One question. What will you advise the OP should he do what you did and one day looses his job? (we are not praying for it to happen)
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by 5errguru: 3:45pm On Mar 24, 2017
Very simple, Op. You shouldn't be bothered with this. The solution is communication bro. She might have used it to solve her personal problem. Remember she also have parents or probably younger once who needs her help in one way or the other. Or are you also paying her family monthly allowee? If not kindly speak with her softly, what she used the money for. Yea she is wrong! I agree!. She also did not admit! I agree! But bro two masters can't live in the same ship.
On a very lovely day, in a playful manner ask her what she used the money for. I believe she should explain better....
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Akaewu: 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
agabaI23:
Sit her down and find out why she is doing that.

Best advice
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by kaima1984(f): 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:

I don'tremember generalising
undecided undecided undecided

And how possible is it to cheat yourself?

Most women who add money use it for something in the house or the kids or even buy stuffs for the man

Haven't you heard this adage
Owo abu lonfise abu lalejo
I have not heard of d adage bc am an IGBO,meanwhile rob peter t pay Paul is same,adding bill unto bill is rubbish,always specify wat u do with money and stop making things hard for urself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Gfish: 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
Is your wives name Jezebel? Cos i think i know. she be badt thing to jam. Thr worst is yet to come. Take heart.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by nzeobi(m): 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
OP you are emotionally soft and that's why the woman has that leverage over you and she will continue to the upper hand over you.

It even appears you pamper her alot.

Let me tell, she is your helper in the marriage and not a liability.

Believe me, you can't discipline her again
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by dragonking3: 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
Amhappy:

Over 200kpm,thats good money for upkeep lol. skypeme experience just spoke to you.
The OP is not earning the same with that guy. The guy might be earning N1m, so it is a different game. What if the OP looses his job. What will the wife do then?
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by udumosam23(m): 3:49pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:
Dear reasonable people on Nairaland, please I need your advise

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

My wife isn't not working yet she is still schooling and I pay all her fees,

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will it be advisable not to pay her her monthly salary for two months ?

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done

So sorry about that. But I'm afraid, your decision to withold her allowances will not help. It's obvious she did that because she believed you had more and she deserve more, and sincerely if you ask me I'll say 17% of your salary to your wife is mean if you're referring to your only wife.

Why not try this. Let her know exactly what you earn. Agree on what to save or invest on monthly or quarterly. Take what you can spend on yourself and give her the rest, then instruct her on what and what to do with it.

This way, she does the spending and is accountable not just to you, but to herself. You may be surprised on her she is able to manage. I bet she'll spend less before the end of the month.

For your wife to have lied to you means she believe you're not been honest to her. For me there is no difference b/w telling a lie and infidelity. it is as serious as that with me.

You might be lucky your wife has not started messing around with other men. It means you can remedy the situation and put your house back in order.

I notice in your write-up that you underestimate the power of a wife and likely fall under the category of men that regards their wives as subordinates, assistant or in a more derogative word slave.

The world has gone past that now. We see our wives as associates, contemporaries and equals. This means my wife is another me in different form. When you realise that, you treat her with equal right and respect. When that is established you'll be surprised what you can make out of your home.

17% of your salary to your wife is a betrayal to "All my worldly goods I share with you". Except maybe you didn't say that at the alter.

As for me, I give her 100% then she give me back monthly allowances. It's her job, she is the manager of the home. Ironically she also manages me. And there is where I find PEACE.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Gfish: 3:50pm On Mar 24, 2017
dragonking3:
One question. What will you advise the OP should he do what you did and one day looses his job? (we are not praying for it to happen)

Your wife pulling your strings and you said you won. Thank God for your large incomr and you all tell your wives to get busy abeg.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Ourboss: 3:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
Why are you paying your wife a monthly salary? You pay the bill, buy food stuff, pay her school fee. What do you think she is doing with the money you called salary? As a man you need to be pragmatic in whatever decision you are taking or making. My brother, pray that God should give you the wisdom to safe your marriage.
Note the following:-
1. Give her money for upkeep
2. Don't place her on monthly salary (you may find this difficult now that she is used to it).
3. Both of you need fresh marriage counseling from a reliable person(s). This will help you to handle point No. 2 above maturely if not prudently
4. When she graduates, find a job for her. From your explanation, she may find it difficult to uphold a business.
5. Marriage is the only Institution that will first issue you certificate before commencing the lectures.
6. Always learn to forgive and never invite third party to settle your little argument
7. Be romantic in your marriage and don't play with her sexual urge. (She will respect you more if you allow her to 'come first' once in a while)
May God help you.
skypeme:

30,100 / 175,000 x 100% = 17.2%
I add 2.5% increment to my wifes salary every Dec
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by dragonking3: 3:52pm On Mar 24, 2017
Gfish:

Your wife pulling your strings and you said you won. Thank God for your large incomr and you all tell your wives to get busy abeg.
Bros no be me dey pay wife 200k na
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Intra: 3:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
dragonking3:

If he loses his job and he has not been wise enough to have an alternative stream of income before this happens, then he won't even be able to continue being the breadwinner of his family so there is nothing for him to do but to work on getting back to being the breadwinner....(note the phrase 'Beg, Steal or Borrow' in my response?)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.