Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,424 members, 7,800,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... (72999 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice / Man Fakes His Career For 14 Years To Wife, Goes To Another Woman's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Realhommie(m): 7:36am On Mar 21, 2017
Dyt:

Don't stop oo Even when married
How exactly do you mean? undecided
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Dyt(f): 7:39am On Mar 21, 2017
Realhommie:
How exactly do you mean? undecided

How exactly what you think I mean
grin grin grin
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 21, 2017
Omg! Please lord may I never be treated like a child in my marriage cry

Women! Let's get our self respect back! cry cry cry
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Realhommie(m): 7:47am On Mar 21, 2017
ashjay001:

Cele tan e!

U're on a long tin! Take his advice to heart n shine ur eyes! Or else, u'll just wake up one morning n wonder, what d heck happened!
Leave am make him dey rake, by the time reality hit him eyes go clear.

5 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Realhommie(m): 7:48am On Mar 21, 2017
Dyt:

How exactly what you think I mean grin grin grin
Lol.. Issorai
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by richyblink1(m): 9:16am On Mar 21, 2017
Dyt:

You sound like you go to the market yourself
undecided undecided

If you like shake your teeth join.

How do you justify intentionally adding up to 100% to the original cost of an item? I bet you would be foaming if you find out your child has been inflating the cost of expense you have been handling personally.

Look at how eloquent you have been all over the thread justifying the margin of the addition.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Dyt(f): 9:21am On Mar 21, 2017
richyblink1:

If you like shake your teeth join.

How do you justify intentionally adding up to 100% to the original cost of an item? I bet you would be foaming if you find out your child has been inflating the cost of expense you have been handling personally.

Look at how eloquent you have been all over the thread justifying the margin of the addition.

Why you mad Oga?

Be following your woman to every place if she demands money from you
All cos you don't want her add money

I do it
And I will say it over and over

Is it not you men?
We will ask for 100, you give 50 when we need 100
So it's better we ask of 300
So if you give 200
We will have extra

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Antina(f): 9:27am On Mar 21, 2017
skypeme:

She isn't cheating on me and my marriage will not break IJN

Good answer!!

All these happen when you bring your marital problem on social media for singles to be giving you advice on what they know little or nothing about.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by nnamdibig(m): 9:38am On Mar 21, 2017
Dyt:

Why you mad Oga?

I do it

Is it not you men?
So if you give 200
We will have extra

I just pity your husband.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Antina(f): 9:51am On Mar 21, 2017
zaynie:

Sometimes people just do these things.
Don't forget we have only heard his version of the story not hers.

I know of a couple that any small thing the man would say "at least I put money for food down before I leave in the mornings ". The wife will just have this quiet smile. When she put the baby at less than a year in a creche and went to search for work, the husband yari and that was when the bubble burst that it was #200 he put on the table every morning for a breastfeeding mom to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Back then we used to wonder why she loved noodles so much.

"he said" he gives her 30k monthly. Every month? He has never missed it?
If she comes from a poor family (which might be the case considering he is paying her school fees) and is the eldest, that money can't be enough to cater for their needs. These little monies that come by can be handy.
I'm not justifying what she did.

And the hospital can never look at her like that. Do you know how many women they cover up?
Someone planned fake school receipt for her husband because after school fees he doesn't pay another dime in the school. The extra money was what she used to pay for some extra curricular activities for the kids, buy uniforms and books.

You are on point

3 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Dyt(f): 9:51am On Mar 21, 2017
nnamdibig:

I just pity your husband.

I just pity your wife

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by richyblink1(m): 11:27am On Mar 21, 2017
Dyt:

Why you mad Oga?

I do it

Is it not you men?
So if you give 200
We will have extra

Personally I have never given my better half less than she has ever asked for. Reason being that I can stake my life that she has never and would never add a kobo to what she actually needed because she know I will gladly go extra mile to see her have the best. Often, when I add extra to her request, she will call my attention that I gave her over the amount she needed. I will simply ask her to hold it incase she sees something nice to add to her list.

I really do not have issues withwife's that doubles their request just because their hubby is stingy. My concern is my betterhalf being a role model to my kids, not couching them to be money doublers in the future.

22 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Dyt(f): 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
richyblink1:

Personally I have never given my better half less than she has ever asked for. Reason being that I can stake my life that she has never and would never add a kobo to what she actually needed because she know I will gladly go extra mile to see her have the best. Often, when I add extra to her request, she will call my attention that I gave her over the amount she needed. I will simply ask her to hold it incase she sees something nice to add to her list.

I really do not have issues withwife's that doubles their request just because their hubby is stingy. My concern is my betterhalf being a role model to my kids, not couching them to be money doublers in the future.

Awwwww
So sweet
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Cordis92(f): 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2017
Mr Op though I am not married but I can help in my little capacity.

1) I have not seen any woman who does not Inflate prices to patch out little money though it's sinful. There are many ways of doing that. Even many students do that too wink. You both should laugh over it when you catch her and subtly correct her that you don't like it.

2) Sieve the advice you get here o, divorce is the order of the day maka akuko.

3) Does your wife know your salary and what you do with it? Does she know your short and long term financial goals? I think you should be a little bit free with her. She is your friend not your daughter. I have been living on stipulated monthly allowance from my dad since secondary school and I know how it feels coz my dad is strict.
My boyfriend is that humble that he opened up to me about his financial status and because I know, I don't demand from him but he supports me, and I am content and happy.
Maybe you should let her know about your salary and what you want to achieve. Plan it with her. She may even start reducing the way she spends coz she maybe seeing you as one very rich man. Please do not punish her by denying her the tight-fisted allowance. If she is not content with the 30k monthly, what then do you want her to do when you remove it for 2 months and she is a student? That's mean big bro and it's unfair. She is your wife, your body, your friend and all, so how can you deny yourself allowance for 2 months?
But I no go lie, 30k is very okay o coz you pay the whole bills and buy foodstuffs. So she is entitled to 1k daily? That's cool. cool it's like this because you have not opened up.
Please let it be a bedroom chat not chair chat.

7 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ireneblush(f): 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2017
skypeme:

She isn't cheating on me and my marriage will not break IJN
amen bro,amen! so many kids on Nl,
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ireneblush(f): 6:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
sasko:

In a nutshell. ...

From dating till marriage

Your union was founded on materialism and deception which must be sustained

the moment you renege from your initial agreement which is the basics and foundation of your marriage...hehehehe

as a student she has got flexible times to spend with highest bidders
it's a lie, it's so disrespectful of you to insinuate that his wife is a call girl. for the fact that she's in school doesn't mean she engages in bad things. for her being married and still continues to go to school shows that she has a sense of responsibility and that she isn't lazy. it's not easy being financially dependent. op kindly ask her why she added the money. talk it out, no confrontations please.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ireneblush(f): 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2017
zaynie:

Chill.
She's in school right?
How far is it from home? She needs transport fare daily. With the recent hike, the least amount is most likely 600 naira daily. Multiply by 20 working days----- 12000. If it's higher than that we are looking at almost 20k
How long does she stay in school? If she stays till like 4pm, she needs to eat something even if she had breakfast at home. 200*20 -----4000
She will buy toiletries o..... Always pad is now 300 naira, God bless her if she has heavy flow. Soap and body lotion nko? Do you know ordinary weaving is now 500 naira. Retouching is up to 1k , relaxer is 3k. Prices of body spray is now doubled. And she has to look good for her husband Na..... Abi.
How many siblings does she have? Money for Jamb form, money for Nepa, money for food, papas drugs, mama's market is depleted and needs a little infuse of funds, house rent remain 10k make e complete, dem send junior comot from school because e never complete his school fees,
(all this is in my head, abeg)

If he didn't want so many responsibilities he shouldn't have married a student.
Asking a married-mother-student to get a job or start a business is putting undue pressure on the young woman.

Skypeme, my honest advice is for you and your wife to sit and analyse how much is needed to run the house. You give her enough money to buy the foodstuffs and you face the baby's needs. Then you put her on a trial for 2 months, she needs to know she is on trial o.
You see women have a way of finding where to buy things the cheapest not minding trekking to the end of the world for it.
That way she makes her honest extras.
The money that was never enough to cater for one month for us in my home now does for 2 months ever since I started going to Mile12.
All in a bid to get extras in my pocket grin
God bless you. and she may be scared of asking him of money, how he I'd calculating the money sef in %

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Gold45(f): 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
Realhommie:
How perfect was/is his response? He's free to declare whatever but that doesn't negate the fact that he's having some issues in his marriage right now which he wants to genuinely resolve, i mean that's why he put it out here to seek opinions..

I am nt wishing u breakup bro,just telling u that failure to resolve this her insatiable thirst will definitely lead to the marriage crashing,i knw what i am saying.U aren't earning that much and yet ur wife cannot be satisfied with the little u have,mehn,u need serious prayerv and counselling.u may think am spewing threats or trash,bt i am a man speaking with experience.

Above is the response he rejected.
Like I said, most responses on social media are very blunt and logical and many times, we miss it because we don't know all the details. One very little thing we omitted may make a lot of difference in our judgement if only we knew. But still, once we read the initial post, we've already had a certain mindset about the whole issue.
e.g, someone has a chronic cheat as a wife, what do you expect nairaland to say to the guy about d mother of four? Divorce her etc, meanwhile the woman was under a spell by her employee. The guy was lucky enough to jam a real pastor that told him the source of the problem, the man got his wife to see the pastor, the pastor prayed and the woman was back to factory settings. If he had done the smart and obvious thing, he will have ruined his marriage of 13yrs. Im not saying this is always true but, it happens.

3 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Objectives: 7:57pm On Mar 21, 2017
kimbra:

Would you let N11,200 cost you your marriage?

It's not the amount, it's the aCt!
Once trust is broken, it's very difficult to sail smoothly, even though the sailors manage to keep the ship moving

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 21, 2017
skypeme:
I think I made a mistake getting married to someone who is still schooling, I should have married a working class lady

Not just cuz she is a student

you practically married a greedy woman

Greedy people are selfish, self centered and inconsiderate

Since you pay all the bills including her school fees and other miscellaneous expenses

what are the things you presume she does with extra allowance you are obligated to pay her

these are among the things you need to know if you are really the head of your home
marriage goes beyond lovi lovy ....you need to be a principled man in order to bring sanity to your home

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by papaput2(m): 9:53pm On Mar 21, 2017
Nigeria men and slavery in the name of marriage look at what you got yourself into

At first you married a student , greedy self center girl lady or woman because I don't really know her age

I wonder how much you pay your folks who fought so hard to make sure you became who you are today ? I guess nothing

Instead of paying that 17% to her open up acount for your kid with it

I know the truth is always bitter this your so call marriage is base on mutual benefit not love

You will thank me later when she graduate, how many of your siblings are you actually sponsorin in school non I guess

Lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by bukatyne(f): 10:54pm On Mar 21, 2017
'Nigerian' marriages na wa.

@OP: you both need to court yourselves financially since it was obviously not done in courtship.

What is her views towards finances? What's yours? And then both meet at a midpoint.

I have never 'inflated' the price of anything right from when I was a kid.... I was taught it was stealing.

Again, we run 100% joint accounts so I might never understand the science behind inflating items.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ststyreal(f): 10:57pm On Mar 21, 2017
skypeme:
Dear reasonable people on Nairaland, please I need your advise

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

My wife isn't not working yet she is still schooling and I pay all her fees,

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will it be advisable not to pay her her monthly salary for two months ?

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done
Oga! Oga! Abeg leave that aspect of inflation, na recession cause am, and me self I dey guilty of that inflation thing especially when am broke and hubby wouldn't understand that we have siblings, parents to assists too, it isn't all the time we will run to oga for money to assist our relatives, even though, I am not saying it is right or neither am I encouraging women to do same but I tell you, most women ate guilty of this sin andcwe can only but ask God for his forgiveness and mercy; so, unbehalf of inflation wives, shocked I say forgive madam but, being rude is a no no no for me. Marriage is really a compound project. Oga just let her know how you feel about her attitude and every other things will fall into place. Just tease her and love go start again.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ststyreal(f): 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2017
skypeme:

But the money she added is just too much 22,700 - 11,500 = 11,200 naira
Oga no worry, na so we dey add. Forget about the money aspect, just talk talk and talk real words into her and everything will be fine. I dey Like this kain of quarrel sha for marriage because the reconciliation no be here. Sometimes sef, the reconciliation go come produce one beautiful baby like that. My hubby always say, a quarrel between lovers is a renewal of their love. Na wetin I dey see for this una quarrel be this.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ststyreal(f): 11:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
skypeme:

30,100 / 175,000 x 100% = 17.2%
I add 2.5% increment to my wifes salary every Dec
But paying her salary no make sense to me at all oooo. You guys are partners in this business and should jointly plan the financial stability of the family. Why paying her salary when you guys are one, your money is her money and so also is her money your money. Well, whatever works for you guys and make your marriage a happy one, is welcome.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by zaynie(f): 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2017
Dyt:

Why you mad Oga?

I do it

Is it not you men?
So if you give 200
We will have extra

grin
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by mctowel01: 4:12am On Mar 22, 2017
papaput2:
Nigeria men and slavery in the name of marriage look at what you got yourself into

At first you married a student , greedy self center girl lady or woman because I don't really know her age

I wonder how much you pay your folks who fought so hard to make sure you became who you are today ? I guess nothing

Instead of paying that 17% to her open up acount for your kid with it

I know the truth is always bitter this your so call marriage is base on mutual benefit not love

You will thank me later when she graduate, how many of your siblings are you actually sponsorin in school non I guess

Lol
Guy, I love you for this. Do you know that I spent some days wondering what exactly this man gains or has gained from the nonsense he got into. Marriage favors women much more than men. In many cases, men rushing into marriage are often deceived by the initial feminine fantasies which always fades, and then when his eyes clear, and sees no value for what he pumps money into, trouble starts. I still wonder how someone in right mind pays all the bills of a full grown adult who doesn't even know the value of work.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by mctowel01: 4:17am On Mar 22, 2017
papaput2:
Nigeria

Lol
And then one opportunistic person comes in and swoops a good portion of it in the name kf "love" which when it fades, it will turn another story.

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by kaziblake(f): 6:42am On Mar 22, 2017
skypeme:
I think I made a mistake getting married to someone who is still schooling, I should have married a working class lady
You are allowing this stupid nairalanders put stupid thought in your head,i pity you.

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ireneblush(f): 10:09am On Mar 22, 2017
kaziblake:
You are allowing this stupid nairalanders put stupid thought in your head,i pity you.
i wonder for the man. I just pity the woman.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by bukatyne(f): 12:32pm On Mar 22, 2017
LeView1:
Omg! Please lord may I never be treated like a child in my marriage cry

Women! Let's get our self respect back! cry cry cry

Do you think this lady is treated like a child, if yes... why?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.