Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,987 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu (17972 Views)

Buhari Can Be Impeached Over Magu – Senator Okurounmu / Senate Plots Ali Ndume’s Suspension / Nigerians Blast Saraki Over Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Temptee101(m): 8:05am On Mar 20, 2017
dhamstar:
The Senators are bunch of mediocres & hypocrites. Weather or not they allocate fund to EFCC or they confirm Magu as EFCC chairman, EFCC & Magu will stand.
All of them starting from Saraki should packing their Luggages because they're all going to jail.
USELESS VIVLE..
Dreamer! Wake up from your slumber kid
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by agbangam: 8:06am On Mar 20, 2017
Kathmandu:
The President should put his house in order and the country will progress. How can there be a power tussle in his house and he kept mute

Only fools believe buhari is running this country.

President Mamman Daura for 2019 continuation

Like u derive pleasure in supporting crooks. Dat same Magu has cleared d air concerning issues of corruption levelled against him. The two main issues which are d house he is living n d Air commodore Omar jet, Magu has explained dat he is innocent. My anger is with PMB, he shud put his house in order, he shud caution d Duara of DSS. As for those rogues called Senators, hand go soon touch dem.
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by searchng4love: 8:06am On Mar 20, 2017
omenkaLives:
They should go ahead and do it. Perhaps that is the spark Nigerians are waiting for to set that establishment of crooks and rapist ablaze.

I fervently pray they do!
we will rather set you ablaze
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by deebsman1(m): 8:06am On Mar 20, 2017
Agreed and concurred with u. What do you think is d way forward before things get totally out of hand. I think the last president that really got a firm grip and control of his presidency was OBJ, even thou he had his own fightbacks too from Atiku but nonetheless he still controlled things.

Sufisunni:
Forget this Jaga jaga! Buhari should have had his way in the senate but hmm! A person that couldnt call DSS to order talkless of an independent senate. Corruption brought in Saraki as the senate president and is defending same corruption, Buhari should have decivisely dealt with Bukola long ago but is busy flouting orders in respect of Shite leader, Dasuki and Kanu. Buhari has lost grip of even aso rock.

1 Like

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by tinsel: 8:07am On Mar 20, 2017
HungerBAD:
This is sad.

Sad indeed that our Senators are playing politics,with a National security matter.

It is times like this,that I question President Buhari's understanding of Grass root politicking. President Buhari at this time in his Presidency,should have gotten a lot of Senators loyal to him in the upper chamber.

If he had done that,Magu would not have only become the EFCC Head,but the likes of Dino and Saraki,with the Red Cap thief Ekweremadu would have become irrelevant in this dispensation,by ensuring that theyhold no relevant position.

Buhari is not a politician and that is why everything is into pieces in Nigeria. He is not a typical Nigeria politician. Hence, problems everywhere.
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Topshow2010(m): 8:07am On Mar 20, 2017
This is rily a simple case, let bubu replace him wit anoda person of integrity but make Magu d director of operations
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by tinsel: 8:08am On Mar 20, 2017
cktheluckyman:

So someone who failed screening should be allowed to continue to function as EFCC chairman?
You guys are the reason this country can never move for
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Sufisunni: 8:10am On Mar 20, 2017
Sunnymatey:
This is the height of incompetence in the part Mr President. Confirming Magu is like asking the senators to dick their own graves. A smart govt will have fashion a way to asmart these rogues. This is a game of interest and strategy.
U got it on the spot. Buhari lacks the requisite politicking of democracy. I trust Obasanjo, If it were him Bukola would have been history as senate president by now. No where rule of law works 100%. As president U must use some hard ways to get what u want;
German president says this too when he came to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by menxer: 8:10am On Mar 20, 2017
senate says DSS reports Magu as corrupt, What is the corruption charge?

before names of nominees are sent to senate are they not cleared with DSS first?

i read there are 2 DSS report on Magu and the senate is acting on the old DSS report. why have they not mentioned the content of the new DSS report that is prolly favorable to Magu?
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by ipobbigot7: 8:12am On Mar 20, 2017
cktheluckyman:

So someone who failed screening should be allowed to continue to function as EFCC chairman?

What do you say the Senate president, Akpabio and other senators with corruption cases that conducted the screening?

Did you read that Saraki denied DSS report as the reason for for disqualify Magu and he gave no definite reason for the disqualification.

They claimed they are representing the people but i them representing themselves.
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 20, 2017
Buhari should get Obj to see him asap...
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Sufisunni: 8:13am On Mar 20, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Buhari & his gangs of APC are not competent to govern Nigeria, and to even think that the head of the DSS is Buhari's main man / cousin and yet the same DSS headed by Daura a member of Buhari's kitchen cabinet will write a report that will stall the president's nominee shows that the government is in disarray , it is one step forward and twenty steps backward angry
True talk man.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by berrystunn(m): 8:14am On Mar 20, 2017
HungerBAD:
This is sad.

Sad indeed that our Senators are playing politics,with a National security matter.

It is times like this,that I question President Buhari's understanding of Grass root politicking. President Buhari at this time in his Presidency,should have gotten a lot of Senators loyal to him in the upper chamber.

If he had done that,Magu would not have only become the EFCC Head,but the likes of Dino and Saraki,with the Red Cap thief Ekweremadu would have become irrelevant in this dispensation,by ensuring that theyhold no relevant position.

It's a game
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by UltraLeslie1: 8:14am On Mar 20, 2017
President Buhari has ushered in total disregard for order and due process. From reckless DSS to police and military brutality, to his direct appointees acting in defiance to regulation.

Customs, boss Ali refuses to put on his uniform mandated by law.

Magu, EFCC boss refuses to bow out after repeated failures to scale through Senate screening. No sense of self-respect or shame.

1 Like

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by ijustdey: 8:15am On Mar 20, 2017
i blame the president for not taking care of everything before the memo the DSS sent to the senators again....

this shows that the president have lost the grip of his administration
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Sufisunni: 8:16am On Mar 20, 2017
akpasubi777:
Buhari should get Obj to see him asap...
I reason am too.

1 Like

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by duni04(m): 8:21am On Mar 20, 2017
As from today, its no longer President Muhammadu Buhari. Its President Lawal Daura. Daura has the authority and power to lock people like Dasuki and Kanu up even when the court has released them on bail. Daura has the authority to arrest opposition figures at will without charge. Daura has the power to pronounce people as corrupt because that flew on a Private Jet, not because they stole money.
The same Daura that has locked up Dasuki and Kanu without bail for years now has the power to accuse Magu of highhandedness!
All hail President Lawal Daura!!!

1 Like

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 20, 2017
mad senlooters
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by mario383: 8:26am On Mar 20, 2017
HungerBAD:
This is sad.

From experience. Most Nigerians like you are either deleberately wicked because of tribal/religious sentiment or sectionally very bad. Tell me, other than people like you, people from the north, west who are from the same region with Magu who is openly fighting corruption against one region ONLY, who do you think is appreciating Magu. When two, three or four corrupt people are caught, only selected persons out of the total number of people caught are tried. If this was to be carried out by an efcc chairman from the east or south south, would you people not cause war and other evil plots to cause unstability in this country because your names are related to violent only. Babachir, Fashola, Amaechi many many others are there moving free, all you want is to go after the opposite region. It will not work Magu will go.
I can tell you if Buhari is a fair man and he is asking Magu to go all out to fight corruption in the pdp, in the apc and every other Nigerians who corrupt, nobody will be angry with Buhari and Magu. For now, I will not deceive you, some of us are praying every hour for the failure of Magu and Buhari. Not point hiding. No normal man will allow Buhari to go after only some persons and you expect those people to clap, dance and appreciate Buhari. That is th truth.

1 Like

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by sagod: 8:27am On Mar 20, 2017
Those who are blaming the Senators are hypocrites. Magu failed integrity test based on DSS report.
Are the Magu proponents saying that Magu must be confirmed as the EFCC chairman just because some senators are alleged to be corrupt?
Are the Magu supporters saying that the DSS report is false?
Have the Magu advocates defended Magu on the allegations contained in the said DSS report against him?
Are the Maguists saying that Magu is the only person that can do the job well in the present administration?

The President should nominate another person whose integrity is not questionable and save himself of the embarrassment the whole issue is causing the country.

1 Like

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by duni04(m): 8:27am On Mar 20, 2017
Topshow2010:
This is rily a simple case, let bubu replace him wit anoda person of integrity but make Magu d director of operations
You're forgetting that Larmode was removed after Saraki's wife was invited for questioning by the EFCC. The Senate got one dubious Igbo man to allege that Larmode stole EFCC recoveries. Are we about to remove another EFCC chairman again because some people have refused to continue looting our treasury? Is the national treasury the birth right of Saraki and co?

1 Like

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by sarrki(m): 8:30am On Mar 20, 2017
searchng4love:
we will rather set you ablaze

You are defending rogues

Please don't insult people here

You will give us no other choice than to engage rule 2
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by ospido: 8:31am On Mar 20, 2017
sarrki
It's pathetic we have armed robbers and rogues as senators.

It is also pathetic that we have rogues and armed rubbers as the president and his cabinet. Why would the president turn the other way w.r.t the DSS report? It's obvious he's not fighting corruption at all. Merely using Magu to embezzle public funds. That's why he can't account for how much has been recovered exactly the way Buhari could not account for the funds he recovered be 1983-1985. Or also shows that Sarrki, HungerBad and other supporters of Buhari are also rogues and armed rubbers as well.

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by ThinkSmarter: 8:33am On Mar 20, 2017
HungerBAD:
This is sad.

Buhari is playing politics of sincerity and acrimony.
He tagged some bigwigs and power brokers in the Senate as enemies, hence he hv no political influence over them.
He also claims to be saint by not indulging in grassroot consultation and wooing.
He hv absolutely no Influence over the National Assembly, especially the upper chamber.
He only hv loyalists in the presidency and in the Armed Forces.
And if he should dare try to contest come 2019, the Senate will gang up against him cuz of his anticorruptions crusade which they [ senators] perceive to be a witch-hunt and attack on their person cuz they are all corrupt.
Fighting corruption is like fighting drug lords, it's not easy compounded with risks involved.
Though Buhari himself is not a Saint. Or is he?? ?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Ibrahimnasarawa(m): 8:39am On Mar 20, 2017
All our senators are all stupid. magu should continue to remain as an acting EFCC chairman and investigate all a idiot senators.
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by searchng4love: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2017
sarrki:

You are defending rogues

Please don't insult people here

You will give us no other choice than to engage rule 2
I will rather omenka is blazed up rather than the arson he's planning against the national assembly
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2017
Senate are very right in taking this step

I don't see why senate should continue to fund an EFCC chairman not recognised by law

Magu is an illegal occupant

I thank the NASS for doing their job
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by akilo1: 8:45am On Mar 20, 2017
very shameful for the calibre of people been called senators when we know that they are all criminals,God help us
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by ospido: 8:56am On Mar 20, 2017
mario
From experience. Most Nigerians like you are either deleberately wicked because of tribal/religious sentiment or sectionally very bad. Tell me, other than people like you, people from the north, west who are from the same region with Magu who is openly fighting corruption against one region ONLY, who do you think is appreciating Magu. When two, three or four corrupt people are caught, only selected persons out of the total number of people caught are tried. If this was to be carried out by an efcc chairman from the east or south south, would you people not cause war and other evil plots to cause unstability in this country because your names are related to violent only. Babachir, Fashola, Amaechi many many others are there moving free, all you want is to go after the opposite region. It will not work Magu will go.
I can tell you if Buhari is a fair man and he is asking Magu to go all out to fight corruption in the pdp, in the apc and every other Nigerians who corrupt, nobody will be angry with Buhari and Magu. For now, I will not deceive you, some of us are praying every hour for the failure of Magu and Buhari. Not point hiding. No normal man will allow Buhari to go after only some persons and you expect those people to clap, dance and appreciate Buhari. That is th truth.

The whole truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senators Drop Impeachment, Consider Reprimand Of Buhari Over $496m Aircraft / Bill To Eradicate Age-induced Discrimination In Employment Passes Second Reading / Buhari: 'I Fought Corruption Headlong As A Military Leader'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.