Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu (17980 Views)

Buhari Can Be Impeached Over Magu – Senator Okurounmu / Senate Plots Ali Ndume’s Suspension / Nigerians Blast Saraki Over Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Cekpo34(m): 9:11am On Mar 20, 2017
searchng4love:

Saraki wasn't there! Talk to the President ask him if he's in charge or not! Not even GEJ who's purported to be a weak president will his appointee undermine his authority without sufficient consequences.

Bro I'm ain't member of BMC o... Just a curious Nigerian trying to reason logically. grin
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by tete7000(m): 9:24am On Mar 20, 2017
Let Itsey Sagay advise Baba on the way forward. The man has some weird solutions to anti corruption problems.
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 20, 2017
HungerBAD:
This is sad.

Sad indeed that our Senators are playing politics,with a National security matter.

It is times like this,that I question President Buhari's understanding of Grass root politicking. President Buhari at this time in his Presidency,should have gotten a lot of Senators loyal to him in the upper chamber.

If he had done that,Magu would not have only become the EFCC Head,but the likes of Dino and Saraki,with the Red Cap thief Ekweremadu would have become irrelevant in this dispensation,by ensuring that theyhold no relevant position.

I don't blame the fools in the senate,I blame civil society organizations, students union body,anti-coruption agencies are silence on this issue.
I also blame the APC for allowing the saboteurs and PDP agents to delay the change agenda of the president.
Malaye and sarki are all criminals that are supposed to be in jail by now.

Instead of we the masses to come together to defend democracy,we are here hating and agitating for a nonexistent republic.

MAGU,remained the efcc chairman whether sarki and other criminals in the senate like it or not.

I do not entirely blame sarki for his diabolical scheming,I blame the Igbo's that allowed hatred to becloud their sense of reasoning thereby failing to produced a single senator in APC that will become the senate president.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Adebowale89(m): 9:27am On Mar 20, 2017
what's the effect of magu rejection or acceptance in a common Nigerian

this senators must be so confuse somewhat that they are contradicting themselves. SP said he didn't reject him on the basis of DSS report but some are buttressing the DSS report

now u won't approve 2017 budget because of one commission or an individual. so how are you senathieves fighting for Nigerians?

we need revolution in this country before anything could work not just corruption fighter. we need our form of govt restructure not just regional restructure
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by abdulkabirO(m): 9:30am On Mar 20, 2017
Kathmandu:
Blame DSS presidency
bros,we dont have to blame DSS,saraki himself said the inability of the senate to clear Magu is not as a result of the DSS report,i wonder what is delaying them if not that they have alot in their cupboard
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by KaptainAfrika: 9:50am On Mar 20, 2017
Let me get this straight.

Some senators under investigation by the EFCC, took part in the screening process.

DSS sends a report not to the president as it is legally required to do, but to the senate.

Either Buhari set Magu up to fail or there are people who don't want Magu as EFCC HEAD.

The NIGERIAN SENATE is WEAK and will always be bent to the will of a STRONG PRESIDENT, a WEAK PRESIDENT makes them feel relevant.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 20, 2017
Sufisunni:
I reason am too.

Yes! The Senators game is like that of Draft while Buhari's game is RAW CHESS. Reason is because he is 10 steps ahead of them even with his eyes close.

SENATE: CROWN ME
PRESIDENCY: CHECKMATE

Buhari should get Baba to see him and then it's time to make new friends like Ibori. He should request the attention of Tinubu, Oyegun, Oshiomole, General Gowon and other stakeholders.

David Mark may also be a good stooge to consider.

Some people who have been seen to be hobnobbing with the draft players should be dropped or demoted.

CHECKMATE...

1 Like

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 20, 2017
His case is like that of a "spare the rod and spoil the child". even his predecessor (Senator David Mark) who served under uncle Joe that was considered as weak still recognized him as the Chairman and always said it uncountable times during their various NASS meetings...

mayoor15:
My own problem is none of our senators pass the integrity test, so they really have no moral standing to claim someone is corrupt, even the Senate president has been a serial thief since 2003, his cases in court prior to becoming a senator self is countless and he still holds d number 3 position in the country. This country is just messed up
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by TheAdvocate(m): 10:16am On Mar 20, 2017
sarrki:

Can a thief be a friend to police?

Magu is their nightmare

Currently probing 6 senators and more than 5 past governors

How do you expect them to clear him for screening

Is the EFCC also probing the DSS that made them to send that report?

EFCC had probed higher number of senators before and there was never a problem with EFCC.
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Kessyy2k4(m): 10:17am On Mar 20, 2017
cktheluckyman:

So someone who failed screening should be allowed to continue to function as EFCC chairman?
a corrupt SP shed be allow to flood the space as an example? since magu open saraki case
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by jollymizzle(m): 10:44am On Mar 20, 2017
Kathmandu:
The President should put his house in order and the country will progress. How can there be a power tussle in his house and he kept mute

Only fools believe buhari is running this country.

President Mamman Daura for 2019 continuation
it is so obvious that while the president seems fit, he has surrendered the mandate Nigerians gave him to the cabal, his wife said it and we all thought she went overboard. Now it's as glaring as daylight that what we have at the top is a sick, weak figure head. Very unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by michoim(m): 10:48am On Mar 20, 2017
The Senate have shown that they are completely anti-Nigeria. How can the Senate threaten to suspend the budget for 170 million nigeria in this recession because of one man's case in which they are in dispute with the executive. And they are even claiming to be representative of the people. Is the president not also voted for by the people? Can you imagine, the Senate whose jumbo allocations are being footed by taxpayers money, are now threatening to put the budget on hold and starve the millions of Nigerians battling recession! It is high time the entire Nigerian populace should arise and sack all the senators at once. Come to think of it; of what benefit is the Nigerian Senate? Other than to delay budgets, serve as a voice for the looters, hate anti-corruption and all that it represent. The Nigerian Senate should not be allow to toy with our common destiny. Saraki is gradually fulfilling the mission of his masters (Babangida,Atiku Abubakar etc); to frustrate the economy( at the expense of the suffering masses) in order to pave way for their emergence.
All well-meaning Nigerians must rise from everywhere to say the Senators must go; Saraki must go.
Our mu-mu don do
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by mayoor15(m): 10:50am On Mar 20, 2017
akpasubi777:
His case is like that of a "spare the rod and spoil the child". even his predecessor (Senator David Mark) who served under uncle Joe that was considered as weak still recognized him as the Chairman and always said it uncountable times during their various NASS meetings...

seriously we need a revolution in this country
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by gbeseun(m): 10:51am On Mar 20, 2017
Please bow are the process of recalling back a senator,
They Are As Useless As Church rat.
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by mayoor15(m): 10:53am On Mar 20, 2017
Kessyy2k4:
a corrupt SP shed be allow to flood the space as an example? since magu open saraki case
Magu has been on saraki case for years now, it didn't start 2015 and won't end except Magu leaves that post, I want things to get messier I swear, let EFCC scatter them, let them jail their families. I just pray Buhari leaves Magu or makes him the deputy and assigned to pursue those thieves calling themselves politicians
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by mayoor15(m): 11:05am On Mar 20, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
Buhari is playing politics of sincerity and acrimony.
He tagged some bigwigs and power brokers in the Senate as enemies, hence he hv no political influence over them.
He also claims to be saint by not indulging in grassroot consultation and wooing.
He hv absolutely no Influence over the National Assembly, especially the upper chamber.
He only hv loyalists in the presidency and in the Armed Forces.
And if he should dare try to contest come 2019, the Senate will gang up against him cuz of his anticorruptions crusade which they [ senators] perceive to be a witch-hunt and attack on their person cuz they are all corrupt.
Fighting corruption is like fighting drug lords, it's not easy compounded with risks involved.
Though Buhari himself is not a Saint. Or is he?? ?
See your life, is it the senators that vote or the people, God gave you a gift, always use it before commenting
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Emassive(m): 11:07am On Mar 20, 2017
Lol.. not even transport fare or house rent 20M per year
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 20, 2017
@mayor

Nigeria is already a moving train so I would not like to call this a revolution.
The areas Buhari should focus on as a servant of heaven is:

wars -
farmine - hunger
pestilence - disease

Then the Governors of each states should focus on developing their states...

I am sure this will go a long way to make life more easier for people... Nothing else will matter and by then it will be clear where all the problems to our peace and fundamental human rights are coming from easily...
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:43am On Mar 20, 2017
Mentcee:
Isn't Buhari a fool?

Click like to agree
For now Buhari is not just a fool he is a foolish fool.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by alaskido(m): 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
sarrki:
It's pathetic we have armed robbers and rogues as senators

These are the same guys that messed up Jonathans government and gave him a bad name. They are doing the same to Buhari's government and will definitely kill this man.
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by ThinkSmarter: 5:02pm On Mar 20, 2017
mayoor15:
See your life, is it the senators that vote or the people, God gave you a gift, always use it before commenting
the camp of the political heavyweights determines the winner of elections. Imagine a party that hv the likes of El Rufai, Atiku, Kwankwaso, Saraki, Tambuwal, Tinubu.
Also imagine APC without Saraki, Atiku, El Rufai, Tinubu and Kwankwaso.
The Nigerian electorates vote in line with religion, ethnicity, personality and party.
If majority of the senators should conspire to move to another party other than APC, Buhari will be in shambles.
Take it or leave it, the Senators hv political influence.
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by mayoor15(m): 5:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
the camp of the political heavyweights determines the winner of elections. Imagine a party that hv the likes of El Rufai, Atiku, Kwankwaso, Saraki, Tambuwal, Tinubu.
Also imagine APC without Saraki, Atiku, El Rufai, Tinubu and Kwankwaso.
The Nigerian electorates vote in line with religion, ethnicity, personality and party.
If majority of the senators should conspire to move to another party other than APC, Buhari will be in shambles.
Take it or leave it, the Senators hv political influence.
You see, you just mentioned names without considering many factors, who is El rufai,Saraki, Atiku and kwankwaso when Buhari is still in politics, a core Northern will never vote for them against Buhari, d name Buhari carries more weight than all of them, Atiku tried it in 2015 what did he came out with, I repeat power lies with the people not those people you mentioned up there, Saraki only has control over kwara not even north central and you expect him to win, Tinubu will never give his backing to any of them cos he doesn't trust them., Tinubu is still a major force in APC, the party will rather break up which they cant afford than allow d names your mentioned, a tambuwal has more chances than most of d names u mentioned.
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 20, 2017
Buhari is going for his 8 years gbako. The ibos should play their cards right now that Formal president Obasanjo is considering them for the 2023 general election which i have also predicted. As much as me and baba are in sync about this i am having a strong feeling it will be a welcome development and it will work. that is if they play their cards right o
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by cptjacksparrow: 10:09am On Mar 21, 2017
Nigerians need to analyse issues carefully without sentiments. Delaying 2017 budget b'cos of Magu means punishing the Nigerian people. If the president wants him to continue his work in acting capacity after the Senate has failed to clear him, so be it. It is the right of Senate not to cofirm Magu maybe due to alleged criminals hiding in the Senate addressing themselves as honourable members, it is also the right of the president to allow Magu continue his job in acting capacity. Delaying 2017 budget b'cos of Magu is anti people and reducing EFCC's allocation to Zero b'cos of Magu just signifies their support for corruption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 21, 2017
cptjacksparrow:
Nigerians need to analyse issues carefully without sentiments. Delaying 2017 budget b'cos of Magu means punishing the Nigerian people. If the president wants him to continue his work in acting capacity after the Senate has failed to clear him, so be it. It is the right of Senate not to cofirm Magu maybe due to alleged criminals hiding in the Senate addressing themselves as honourable members, it is also the right of the president to allow Magu continue his job in acting capacity. Delaying 2017 budget b'cos of Magu is anti people and reducing EFCC's allocation to Zero b'cos of Magu just signifies their support for corruption.

Now you see my point all together.

Two elephants fighting while the grass suffers...
So as a middleman or a ref I gave the match to the rightful winner. They should shake hands and hug...
They all should give us some attention, we are starving, we are fighting each-other, we are sick... I am not ok at all.
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by Kessyy2k4(m): 6:24am On Mar 23, 2017
mayoor15:
Magu has been on saraki case for years now, it didn't start 2015 and won't end except Magu leaves that post, I want things to get messier I swear, let EFCC scatter them, let them jail their families. I just pray Buhari leaves Magu or makes him the deputy and assigned to pursue those thieves calling themselves politicians
its saraki that needed to be prosecuted not magu
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by mayoor15(m): 6:50am On Mar 23, 2017
Kessyy2k4:
its saraki that needed to be prosecuted not magu
But people don't see it that way
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by NDPVF(m): 7:04am On Mar 23, 2017
[s]
sarrki:

Can a thief be a friend to police?

Magu is their nightmare

Currently probing 6 senators and more than 5 past governors

How do you expect them to clear him for screening
[/s] you are the reason why this contraption called Nigeria will not survive!. Like serious is Magu the only credible Nigerian out of the over 180million nigerians?. This same mentality made you people to go wake up an analogue man in a digital era to come rule Nigeria which has resulted into a nuked economy. When you think its only a certain man out of millions that is not corrupt,you are making mess of your nigeria
Re: Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu by NDPVF(m): 7:20am On Mar 23, 2017
[s]
HungerBAD:
This is sad.

Sad indeed that our Senators are playing politics,with a National security matter.

It is times like this,that I question President Buhari's understanding of Grass root politicking. President Buhari at this time in his Presidency,should have gotten a lot of Senators loyal to him in the upper chamber.

If he had done that,Magu would not have only become the EFCC Head,but the likes of Dino and Saraki,with the Red Cap thief Ekweremadu would have become irrelevant in this dispensation,by ensuring that they hold no relevant positions.

[/s] whenever i read this kind of crap,i got reassurance that this cesspit wont survive because of how people from your side of the divide reasons. In sane climes,people major less on individuals but on the institutions of government. Obama when he visited Africa,he said "Africa doesnt need strong men but strong institutions of government". Strong men breeds dictactorship while strong institutions breeds democracy. An institution of government DSS has painted your hero magu black but your vegetable president who is piting kwaraption is yet to relief him of his duty. Probably magu has threatened to blow the cover of the presidency should he sack him. Because it defiles common sense why saint buhari will continue to leave a man with criminal record in his government.
We should strengthen our institutions to the point that whoever is incharge will deliver perfectly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke / Buhari’s Government Pays Ex-Militants N2.63bn As Stipends In 2 Months - ICIR / Keyamo: Tinubu’s Track Record Stands Him Above Atiku, Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.