Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims (9312 Views)

Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily / Deeds That Meet The "Dead Muslims" / Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:53am On Mar 20, 2017
Beware!!!

These are not meant for Muslims!
1. Celebrating Birthdays (Christmas, Maulid or personal birthdays).
2. Celebrating the dead (3days, 4days, 5days, 7days, 40days, Yearly remembrance, etc.).
3. Celebrating New year or new month!
4. Cooking Beans for twins yearly as the Yorubas does!
5. Sacrificing for reciting the Qur'an in congregation!
6. Belief in omens, amulets, talisman, etc.
7. Rubbing hands/palms on face after du'a.
8. Going for Sunday or any other day gathering Asalatu or some sort of weekly/ monthly du'a or Tahajjud etc.
9. Visiting graves to offer prayers "to" the dead or to someone absent.
10. Following someone (apart from Muhammad, Salallahu alayhi wa Salam) blindly in religious rulings.
11. Making it mandatory for people to pay money before making du'a for them.
12. Seclusion (Khulwa).... Staying indoors for some period hoping to become a friend of Allah!
13. Using drugs/herbs mixed with alcohol.
14. Patronising fortune tellers and fake Ustadh/Alfas!
15. Engaging in Sihr: Magic & witchcraft!
16. Performing the Aqeeqoh (Naming and sacrifice) on the 8th day after birth!
17. The belief that some evil can befall us without Allah's permission!
18. Remembering Allah only in times of difficulty.
19. Free mixing with opposite sex, cousins,... Chatting with someone else's spouse!
20. Benefiting from haram transactions e.g. riba, reducing the scales/weight, selling goods you don't have yet, hiding defects in goods, etc.
21. Dating/Courting directly or stylishly.
May Allah grant us Taqwa!

10 Likes

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by OLAJADON: 12:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
can you enlighten me more on 7 and 16.
because I have know rubbing on hand on the face after dua as an Islamic rite

1 Like

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by shawl: 2:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
Some Responses

Rashduct4luv:

Celebrating Birthdays Maulid

The sending of prophet Muhammad, saw, to mankind is the biggest among the signs of Allahu ta'ala and there is no harm honoring the day on which this occurred as established in the holy Qur'an 22:32

"And whoever honors the symbols of Allah - indeed, it is from the piety of hearts"

Rashduct4luv:

Sacrificing for reciting the Qur'an in congregation!

If this is to discourage reciting the Qur'an in congregation, then you are wrong as this is expressly permitted.

It has been authentically reported from Abu Huraira and Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with them)that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, 'There is no group of people who make remembrance of Allah save that the angels surround them, mercy envelopes them, tranquility descends upon them and Allah mentions them to those in His presence' [At-Tirmidhi declared this a good and sound hadith].

Abu Huraira related that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, 'No people gather in a house from the houses of Allah (the mosques), reciting the Qur`an and studying it amongst themselves, except that tranquility descends upon them, mercy envelopes them, the angels surround them and Allah mentions them to those in His presence' [recorded by Muslim and Abu Dawud with an authentic ascription according to the criteria laid down by Bukhari and Muslim].

Rashduct4luv:

Rubbing hands/palms on face after du'a.

”Umar Bin Khattab (radiyallaahu anhu) reports: When Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) would to raise his hands in du’a, he would not lower them until he passed them over his face” (Sunan Al-Tirmizhi, #3386)

Rashduct4luv:

Going for Sunday or any other day gathering Asalatu ...

It has been authentically reported from Abu Huraira and Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with them)that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, 'There is no group of people who make remembrance of Allah save that the angels surround them, mercy envelopes them, tranquility descends upon them and Allah mentions them to those in His presence' [At-Tirmidhi declared this a good and sound hadith].

It is an open cheque.

Rashduct4luv:

Visiting graves to offer prayers "to" the dead or to someone absent.

Ibn Buraida narrates from his father that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “I used to forbid you from visiting graves. Now, do visit them…” (Sahih Muslim, no. 977)

Sayyida A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) narrates that “Whenever it was her turn to spend the night with the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), he used to go to the Baqi (graveyard) in the last portion of the night and say: “May you be safe, O abode of the believing people. What you have been promised has come to you. You are tarried till tomorrow and certainly we shall follow you if Allah wills. O Allah, forgive the inmates of the Baqi-al-Gharqad.” (Sahih Muslim, no. 974)

Rashduct4luv:

Seclusion (Khulwa).... Staying indoors for some period hoping to become a friend of Allah!

Holy Quran 7 205:

And remember your Lord within yourself in humility and in fear without being apparent in speech - in the mornings and the evenings. And do not be among the heedless(205). Indeed, those who are near your Lord are not prevented by arrogance from His worship, and they exalt Him, and to Him they prostrate.(206)

Holy Quran 6 91

Say, "Allah" and leave them in their headlessness.

The prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam, frequented the cave Hira for halwa and meditation and then the entire Islam was granted him.

Rashduct4luv:

Performing the Aqeeqoh (Naming and sacrifice) on the 8th day after birth!

It was narrated from Samurah ibn Jundub (may Allaah have mercy on him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every child is in pledge for his ‘Aqeeqah, which should be slaughtered on his behalf on the seventh day, and he should be shaved and given a name.” Recorded by Abu Dawood.

Buraydah narrated that the Prophet () said, “The Aqeeqah is to be slaughtered on the 7th or the 14th or the 21st.”Recorded by Bayhaqi.

The name can be given immediately though.

It is also reported in a hadith that the Prophet (SAW) said (at the time of the birth of his son Ibraheem), ‘last night a son was born to me, and I have named him Ibraheem after my grandfather, Ibraheem (AS)’. (Muslim).

Therefore, since other rites are performed on the seventh, people tend to generally wait till the seventh day to give the name as well which is also supported by the hadith, just to mention.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Empiree: 8:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
Beware!!!

2. Celebrating the dead (3days, 4days, 5days, 7days, 40days, Yearly remembrance, etc.).
8. Going for Sunday or any other day gathering Asalatu or some sort of weekly/ monthly du'a or Tahajjud etc.
10. Following someone (apart from Muhammad, Salallahu alayhi wa Salam) blindly in religious rulings.
12. Seclusion (Khulwa).... Staying indoors for some period hoping to become a friend of Allah!
19. Free mixing with opposite sex, cousins,... Chatting with someone else's spouse!
20. Benefiting from haram transactions e.g. riba, reducing the scales/weight, selling goods you don't have yet, hiding defects in goods, etc.
Your selection are random and mixed. Poster above me did some sorting. Your selection is mechanical.

You prolly copied it too. I am just gonna comment on #4. I happened to just came across lecture by Sheik who passed away recently, Sheikh Ahmed Alaye talked about it. Gave background info on it and called it shirk and should be avoided

1 Like

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:38am On Mar 23, 2017
Empiree:
Your selection are random and mixed. Poster above me did some sorting. Your selection is mechanical.

You prolly copied it too. I am just gonna comment on #4. I happened to just came across lecture by Sheik who passed away recently, Sheikh Ahmed Alaye talked about it. Gave background info on it and called it shirk and should be avoided
Actually i composed it. I believe it's shirk too.
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:02am On Mar 23, 2017
Empiree:

You are right in all cases except that i did not copied it.

1 Like

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
shawl:
Some Responses

The sending of prophet Muhammad, saw, to mankind is the biggest among the signs of Allahu ta'ala and there is no harm honoring the day on which this occurred as established in the holy Qur'an 22:32

"And whoever honors the symbols of Allah - indeed, it is from the piety of hearts"

If this is to discourage reciting the Qur'an in congregation, then you are wrong as this is expressly permitted.

Abu Huraira related that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, 'No people gather in a house from the houses of Allah (the mosques), reciting the Qur`an and studying it amongst themselves, except that tranquility descends upon them, mercy envelopes them, the angels surround them and Allah mentions them to those in His presence' [recorded by Muslim and Abu Dawud with an authentic ascription according to the criteria laid down by Bukhari and Muslim].

”Umar Bin Khattab (radiyallaahu anhu) reports: When Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) would to raise his hands in du’a, he would not lower them until he passed them over his face” (Sunan Al-Tirmizhi, #3386)

It is an open cheque.

Ibn Buraida narrates from his father that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “I used to forbid you from visiting graves. Now, do visit them…” (Sahih Muslim, no. 977)

Sayyida A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) narrates that “Whenever it was her turn to spend the night with the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), he used to go to the Baqi (graveyard) in the last portion of the night and say: “May you be safe, O abode of the believing people. What you have been promised has come to you. You are tarried till tomorrow and certainly we shall follow you if Allah wills. O Allah, forgive the inmates of the Baqi-al-Gharqad.” (Sahih Muslim, no. 974)

Holy Quran 7 205:

And remember your Lord within yourself in humility and in fear without being apparent in speech - in the mornings and the evenings. And do not be among the heedless(205). Indeed, those who are near your Lord are not prevented by arrogance from His worship, and they exalt Him, and to Him they prostrate.(206)

Holy Quran 6 91

The prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam, frequented the cave Hira for halwa and meditation and then the entire Islam was granted him.

It was narrated from Samurah ibn Jundub (may Allaah have mercy on him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every child is in pledge for his ‘Aqeeqah, which should be slaughtered on his behalf on the seventh day, and he should be shaved and given a name.” Recorded by Abu Dawood.

Buraydah narrated that the Prophet () said, “The Aqeeqah is to be slaughtered on the 7th or the 14th or the 21st.”Recorded by Bayhaqi.

It is also reported in a hadith that the Prophet (SAW) said (at the time of the birth of his son Ibraheem), ‘last night a son was born to me, and I have named him Ibraheem after my grandfather, Ibraheem (AS)’. (Muslim).

Therefore, since other rites are performed on the seventh, people tend to generally wait till the seventh day to give the name as well which is also supported by the hadith, just to mention.
1. Celebrating birthdays! misquoted verse Where is birthday here?
shawl:
Qur'an 22:32 Thus it is [what has been mentioned in the above said verses( 22:27,28, 29, 30,31) is an obligation that mankind owes Allah. And whoever honours the Symbols of Allah, then it is truly from the piety of the heart.
2. Misunderstanding and misinterpreting Hadith text[/b]Where is reading Qur'an in congregation mentioned here?

shawl:
[b]Performing Sacrifice for reciting Qur'an in Congregation! The word sacrifice does not appear in the hadiths, and they were not reciting Qur'an in congregation, neither teaching one another nor studying it.

shawl:
3. Use of Weak Hadiths

This hadith is Da'eef.
Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about the ruling on wiping the face with the hands after making du’aa’. He replied:

Wiping the face with the hands after making du’aa’ is more likely to be not prescribed in Islam, because the ahaadeeth that have been narrated concerning that are da’eef (weak). Shaykh al-Islam (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: They cannot be used as evidence. If we are not certain or we think it most likely that this is not prescribed, then it is better not to do it, because Islamic rulings cannot be proven on the basis of mere conjecture, unless we believe it to be mostly likely to be the case.

What I think about wiping the face with the hands after du’aa’ is that it is not Sunnah. As is well known, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed for rain during his Friday khutbah and raised his hands, but it is not narrated that he wiped his face with them. Similarly in a number of ahaadeeth it says that the Prophet raised his hands, but there is no proof that he wiped his face. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 14/question no. 781

And Allaah knows best.

shawl:
Going for Sunday or any other day gathering Asalatu ...

Sending blessings on the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam does not require meeting at a particular day of the week. The above hadith you quoted never limit the gathering to a particular day or time. And remembrance of Allah could a wide range of Ibaadah!

Note: Evidence is required of the one who claims that something is prescribed in Islam, otherwise the basic principle with regard to acts of worship is that they are not allowed unless there is proven evidence that they are prescribed. Based on this, the evidence that this belief is not prescribed is the fact that there is no evidence to suggest that it is permitted.[/quote]

shawl:
Visiting graves to offer prayers "to" the dead or to someone absent.

I dont know if you misread or misinterpreted the post but we know that praying for the dead Muslim is permissible. But praying to the dead is shirk.
Seclusion (Khulwa).... Staying indoors for some period hoping to become a friend of Allah!

[b]Flawed Logic and interpretation of Text

shawl:
Holy Quran 7 205:

And remember your Lord within yourself, humbly and with fear and without loudness in words in the mornings and in the afternoons, and be not of those who are neglectful)

Holy Quran 6 91

Even if the prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam, frequented the cave Hira for khalwa and meditation before he was called to Prophethood. How many of his companions went for Khalwa? How many times did the Prophet go back to the cave for Khalwa after his call to Prophethood? All the verses you quoted are not even related to Khalwa at all.
And Allah knows Best.

3 Likes

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Empiree: 3:03pm On Mar 23, 2017
^^^^^

You just wrong on Khalwa by trying to make it sound unlwaful. I am not just interested in this for now. A very simply logical deduction would refute what you said.

Same applies to wiping face after dua and also gathering of recitation of Quran. These are sunnah acts that you people are belittling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by chakula: 7:10am On Mar 24, 2017
Empiree:
^^^^^

You just wrong on Khalwa by trying to make it sound unlwaful. I am not just interested in this for now. A very simply logical deduction would refuted what you said.

Same applies to wiping face after dua and also gathering of recitation of Quran. These are sunnah acts that you people are belittling.

Including prayer to the died ones because it was encourage Islamically that is the only thing one can perform infavour of the late souls. So to visit a graveyard for supplication is also not that bad. Allahu A'alam.

2 Likes

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:43am On Mar 24, 2017
Khulwa is unlawful since it makes the male miss Salah in congregation! Also it is not prescribed in Islam. 'itikhaf is sufficient for us during the last 10 days of Ramadan. Whoever does any act of worship that the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam did not permit will have it rejected.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stated repeatedly that: "Every newly-invented thing is a bid'ah (innovation), every bid'ah is a going astray, and every going astray will be in the Fire." (Reported by al-Nisaa'i in al-Sunan, Salaat al-'Eedayn, Baab kayfa al-Khutbah). Reports with the same meaning were narrated via Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) by Ahmad, via al-'Irbaad ibn Saariyah by Abu Dawud and via Ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) by Ibn Maajah.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when beginning a khutbah (sermon): "… The best of speech is the Book of Allaah and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. The worst of things are those which are newly-invented, and every innovation is a going astray…" (reported by Muslim, no. 867)

As i said earlier before, we can visit the grave to pray for the dead Muslims only. Praying to the dead to answer our prayer is what is haram.

2 Likes

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by shawl: 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
misquoted verse?

"And whoever honours the Symbols of Allah, then it is truly from the piety of the heart."

It is apparent this excerpt from the holy Qur'an has a broad connotation and does not need much tafsir on it. You can deny it all you want but it won't change that. It is just plain denial.

Rashduct4luv:
The word sacrifice does not appear in the hadiths ...

I made myself very clear, I said if you are against group recitation of the Qur'an, then you are wrong. Moreover, there is also nothing wrong in slaughtering a ram for the participants for the purpose of entertaining them and I think this is what most people do. But you and your people like to find issues where there is none.

Rashduct4luv:
Use of Weak Hadiths
(wiping the face after dua)

This hadith is "sahih gharib"

- Tirmidhi

“It has shawahid (supporting narrations) such as the hadith of Ibn ‘Abbaas that is reported by Abu Dawud and elsewhere (Imam Ahmad in Musnad). These narrations, collectively, warrant the hadith to be considered Hasan!”

- Al-Hafith Ibn Hajr Al-’Asqalani, Bulugh Al-Maram.

…and it is mandub (recommended) to raise the hands in every du’aa outside of Salah and afterwards one wipes their face with their hands...

- An Nawawi, Al Minhaj

Rashduct4luv:
The above hadith you quoted never limit the gathering to a particular day or time
(Gathering of zikr and durood, assalatu)

That is why it is an "open cheque". It could be another day besides Sunday. It could be scheduled to run in cycle or one off. Make your choice and please don't confuse yourself.

Rashduct4luv:
Evidence is required of the one who claims that something is prescribed in Islam, otherwise the basic principle with regard to acts of worship is that they are not allowed unless there is proven evidence that they are prescribed. Based on this, the evidence that this belief is not prescribed is the fact that there is no evidence to suggest that it is permitted.

Abu Darda (RA) narrates that the Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) said: whatever Allaah has permitted in his book is halaal, whatever he has forbidden is haraam, and anything over which there is silence is pardoned, so accept the pardon of Allaah, for Allaah cannot be forgetful. Then he recited this verse: "and your Lord is never forgetful".

Rashduct4luv:
But praying to the dead is shirk.
As far as I know, muslims only pray "to" Allahu ta'ala but they can also do that through the intercession of the prophet or a waliUllah as well. Dead or alive.

Rashduct4luv:
Khulwa is unlawful since it makes the male miss Salah in congregation!

This is a resort to logical reasoning and is therefore not a proof. But nothing stops a khalwati from attending the congregational prayer, ok. And the ahadith you quoted did not prohibit khalwa. When the prophet, saw, was making khalwa was he sinning? If he wasn't, which I believe he wasn't, then it is a good practice (but left to the capability of the practitioner). If he was, may Allah forbid, then you know where that line of reasoning leads you.

1 Like

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Empiree: 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
Khulwa is unlawful since it makes the male miss Salah in congregation! Also it is not prescribed in Islam. 'itikhaf is sufficient for us during the last 10 days of Ramadan. Whoever does any act of worship that the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam did not permit will have it rejected.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stated repeatedly that: "Every newly-invented thing is a bid'ah (innovation), every bid'ah is a going astray, and every going astray will be in the Fire." (Reported by al-Nisaa'i in al-Sunan, Salaat al-'Eedayn, Baab kayfa al-Khutbah). Reports with the same meaning were narrated via Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) by Ahmad, via al-'Irbaad ibn Saariyah by Abu Dawud and via Ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) by Ibn Maajah.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when beginning a khutbah (sermon): "… The best of speech is the Book of Allaah and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. The worst of things are those which are newly-invented, and every innovation is a going astray…" (reported by Muslim, no. 867)

As i said earlier before, we can visit the grave to pray for the dead Muslims only. Praying to the dead to answer our prayer is what is haram.
people quote the first hadith you cited a lot loosely and apply it wrongly.

Many of us don't pray congratulational salat if that's the evidence. Look around every masjid in the world, only jummah you see masajis filled up. Why not other days?. People pray at work or wherever the are. So bcus they would miss congregational salat working is also forbidden by your logic?.

You can not say it is haram. Haram and halal are clear. Khalwa is up to individual within their capacity.

1 Like

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:14am On Mar 25, 2017
Empiree:
people quote the first hadith you cited a lot loosely and apply it wrongly.

Many of us don't pray congratulational salat if that's the evidence. Look around every masjid in the world, only jummah you see masajis filled up. Why not other days?. People pray at work or wherever the are. So bcus they would miss congregational salat working is also forbidden by your logic?.

You can not say it is haram. Haram and halal are clear. Khalwa is up to individual within their capacity.

Well, Lakum deenukum waliyadeen.

Let me follow the deen as the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam did it and you can keep following your whims and desires... There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the right path has become distinct from the wrong path....and whosoever does evil equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant) shall see it. May Allah keep all the the followers of the Sunnah of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam on the Right path till they die! Aamin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:06am On Mar 25, 2017
shawl:

Celebrating birthdays!

"And whoever honours the Symbols of Allah, then it is truly from the piety of the heart."

So you can just do cherry picking on a Qur'an verse? You quoted out of context. U just interprete Qur'an according to whims? Can u mention one scholar that interpreted this verse as you do?

Reciting the Qur'an in congregation

Here you contradicted the Hadith you quoted previously! No Sahaba or those that followed them was it recorded that they read the Qur'an in congregation like we do this days? Bring any evidence specifically on reciting Qur'an. Actually, the sacrifice is done with the belief that it is a must to do that. How can you recite the whole Qur'an without sacrificing anything? Even the Prophet and his companions had the Qur'an in their head and recite it many times but never sacrificed anything for this!

(wiping the face after dua)

There are a number of narrations in which it is stated that the Prophet would wipe his face with his hands after finishing a du’a. However, scholars of Hadeeth have differed about the authencity of these narrations, some of which are as follows:

‘Umar ibn al-Khattab reported that whenever the Prophet raised his hands in du’a, he would not lower them until he had wiped his face. [1] At-Tirmidhi, when he reported this hadeeth, said, “This hadeeth is Saheeh Gharib.” [2]

Ibn Abbas reported that the Prophet said:

Ask Allah from the palms of your hands, and do not ask Him from the back of your hands, and when you finish, then wipe your hands over your faces. [3]

Abu Dawud said: “This hadeeth has been reported from other than this chain, on the authority of Muhammad ibn Ka’b, and all of them are very weak. This particular chain is the best, and too is weak”.

Scholars of hadeeth hold the view that weak hadeeth have absolutely no value and should not be followe whether in reference to moral virtues (fad’ail wa mawa’iz) or to legal rules (ahkam). This is the view of leading scholars, including Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim, Yayha b.Ma’in, Abu Bakra Ibn al-‘Arabi and that of the Zahiri school. [4] Many prominent scholars of hadeeth including Ahmad Shakir, Nasir al-Din Al-Albaani, Yusuf al-Qaradawi, ‘Ajjaj al-Khatib and Manna al-Qattan also state this and that the weak hadeeth should be abandoned altogether. [5]

http://www.quran-errors.com/is-it-permissible-to-wipe-over-ones-face-after-dua.html

(Gathering of zikr and durood, assalatu)

That is why it is an "open cheque". It could be another day besides Sunday. It could be scheduled to run in cycle or one off. Make your choice and please don't confuse yourself.

What will benefit you is to seek knowledge on how the Prophet did his zikr and durood. He didnt pick a day of the week. Who is confused here? One who follows the Guidance given to the Prophet or one who creates his own pattern of worship? Enough of Bid'ia!

For Every acts of worship there must be evidence for it.

Abu Darda (RA) narrates that the Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) said: whatever Allaah has permitted in his book is halaal, whatever he has forbidden is haraam, and anything over which there is silence is pardoned, so accept the pardon of Allaah, for Allaah cannot be forgetful. Then he recited this verse: "and your Lord is never forgetful".

Evidence is required of the one who claims that something is prescribed in Islam, otherwise the basic principle with regard to acts of worship is that they are not allowed unless there is proven evidence that they are prescribed. Based on this, the evidence that this belief is not prescribed is the fact that there is no evidence to suggest that it is permitted. Every acts of worship must be as Allah gave it to His messenger

Praying by intercession of the dead or Alive

[/i] As far as our books is concerned, one is permitted to allow someone to pray on ones behalf. Praying through the intercession of any human dead or alive take you out of Islam. The Christians pray through Jesus & Mary. The Idol worshippers pray through their idols.
Whoever makes intermediaries between him and Allah, calls upon them, asks them to intercede for him and puts his trust in them, is a disbeliever according to scholarly consensus.

The evidence for that is the verse in which Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And they worship besides Allah things that hurt them not, nor profit them, and they say: ‘These are our intercessors with Allah.’ Say: ‘Do you inform Allah of that which He knows not in the heavens and on the earth?’ Glorified and Exalted be He above all that which they associate as partners with Him!”

[Yoonus 10:18].

Whoever does that is akin to those who worship idols.

Hence Ibn Muflih (may Allah have mercy on him) said in al-Furoo‘ (3/553):

Because that is like the deeds of idol worshippers who say: We only worship them so that they may bring us closer to Allah. End quote.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Whoever makes the angels and Prophets intermediaries, calling upon them, putting his trust in them, asking them to bring benefits and ward off harm – such as asking them for forgiveness of sins, guidance, relief of distress and meeting of needs – is a disbeliever according to Muslim consensus.

End quote from Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa (1/124)

The scholars learned about this consensus from Shaykh al-Islam, and confirmed it in their books, in the chapters on the rulings on apostates, as was quoted by al-Mirdaawi in al-Insaaf (10/327), where he says:

The same ruling applies if he makes intermediaries between himself and Allah, putting his trust in them, calling upon them and asking of them. That is according to scholarly consensus. End quote.

See: Kashshaaf al-Qinaa‘ by al-Bahooti (6/168); al-Furoo‘ by Ibn Muflih (3/553)

Khalwa

[i]Its so simple here on Khalwa. The Prophet did Khalwa before he was called to Prophethood. Are all the actions he did before receiving guidiance Sunnah? how many of the Sahaba or their students did Khalwa? The best Generations never did it. So its out of Islam as a Bid'ah![/i

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Empiree: 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Well, Lakum deenukum waliyadeen.

Let me follow the deen as the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam did it and you can keep following your whims and desires... There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the right path has become distinct from the wrong path....and whosoever does evil equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant) shall see it. May Allah keep all the the followers of the Sunnah of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam on the Right path till they die! Aamin.
this quote of yours is for non-Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:28pm On Mar 25, 2017
Empiree:
this quote of yours is for non-Muslims.

And for those who behave like them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by MicroBox: 9:17am On Feb 16, 2018
Number 7 and 8... OP come and explain.
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Egein(m): 9:17am On Feb 16, 2018
Rashduct4luv:
Beware!!!

1. - You are prohibited from thanking Allah for keeping you for another year?
2. - The memory of dead loved ones doesn't matter. We must learn to forget them?
6. - Do you mean the Tesbih (Islamic rosary) is rubbish?
21. - Dating or courting isn't allowed in Islam? Wait! You just see a person on the road and ask them to marry you?

OP, YOU ARE EXTREMELY MAD.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by OgologoDimkpa: 9:19am On Feb 16, 2018
Rashduct4luv:
Beware!!!

Hmmm...
How about you Eid-el-Maulid?
Does it mean you guys have been cheating the Nigerian government by declaring it a Public Holidays undecided

4 Likes

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by anibirelawal(m): 9:22am On Feb 16, 2018
Too many of them!
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by HateIslam: 9:33am On Feb 16, 2018
You people should stop using western technologies because it seems you guy are abusing it. Smash your phones because the use of it is haraam.

3 Likes

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:35am On Feb 16, 2018
OgologoDimkpa:
Hmmm...
How about you Eid-el-Maulid?
Does it mean you guys have been cheating the Nigerian government by declaring it a Public Holidays undecided
Actually, the mentality is to give to Muslims what was given to the Christians!
The dates for the birth of Jesus and Muhammad (Peace be on them both) are not without fault. So we do not need the celebration really and it is not in any Book to celebrate any birthday whether Christmas or Maulid!
In short going by our Scriptures....there's nothing like 'Eid-el-Maulid in Islam. Some Muslims/people at the elm of affairs probably want or gave those holidays just like the Christians took the 25th December....They say Nigeria is a secular country! So whatever the Christians take, the Muslims wanna take! And we have many Muslims who do celebrate it erroneously!
Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:39am On Feb 16, 2018
HateIslam:
You people should stop using western technologies because it seems you guy are abusing it. Smash your phones because the use of it is haraam.
People use knife to eat, to cut items, or to kill. Some use are beneficial while some ain't. Phones are not directly involved in our acts of worship. So its what we use it for that matters! One can use phones to transfer money for charity or use it to watch porn! Halal or Haram!
I pray you stop the Islamophobia...

3 Likes

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 16, 2018
What does the hadith say about posting on social media websites owned by kaffirs?

If you want to go full fundamentalist, go full fundamentalist.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:42am On Feb 16, 2018
Egein:

1. - You are prohibited from thanking Allah for keeping you for another year?
2. - The memory of dead loved ones doesn't matter. We must learn to forget them?
6. - Do you mean the Tesbih (Islamic rosay) is a rubbish?
21. - Dating or courting isn't allowed Islam? Wait! You just see a person on the road ans ask them to marry you?

OP, YOU ARE EXTREMELY MAD.

Alhamdulillah that you called me mad! the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam was called worse names! instead of you to ask for evidences from Qur'an and Sunnah you resort to abuse! Anyways You can bring evidence for your list.

2 Likes

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by HateIslam: 9:43am On Feb 16, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

People use knife to eat, to cut items, or to kill. Some use are beneficial while some ain't. Phones are not directly involved in our acts of worship. So its what we use it for that matters! One can use phones to transfer money for charity or use it to watch porn! Halal or Haram!
I pray you stop the Islamophobia...
Continue deceiving yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:46am On Feb 16, 2018
oyb:
What does the hadith say about posting on social media websites owned by kaffirs?

If you want to go full fundamentalist, go full fundamentalist.
We are to invite to Islam in a beautiful way, it does not matter the place or time so far there are sane people around. And who are we to call to Islam if not kaffirs?
Everyone should be given the chance to hear the message of Islam clearly!

1 Like

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 16, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

We are to invite to Islam in a beautiful way, it does not matter the place or time so far there are sane people around. And who are we to call to Islam if not kaffirs?
Everyone should be given the chance to hear the message of Islam clearly!

You actually think anyone will be interested in becoming a Muslim when all you do is Demarket Islam?

All you have been posting is don't do this don't do that, thus is illegal, this is forbidden, that is haram

No one wins adherents like that.

6 Likes

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by vroy(m): 9:53am On Feb 16, 2018
shawl:
Some Responses

It is an open cheque.

Holy Quran 7 205:

Holy Quran 6 91

perfect clarification this is Islam a religion with guide lines you can't just start condemning everything without prove

2 Likes

Re: Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 16, 2018
21. Dating/Courting drirectly or stylishly.

How do you plan on meeting your wife?

I'm very curious.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Islamic New Year 1431 / Eid-el-fitr 2018: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon Thursday, June 14. / Share Your Eid's Pictures Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.